696 Days

TakingBabyStepsBack

"Keep fighting. Fortune will favor the patient and persistent."
The way the tackle football had been going (I only lightly follow in a sarcastic and sardonic way), I had a feeling that the Perfect Season Watch (and I don't mean 17-0) was going to be short this year. That doesn't make seeing your Broncos be the last to let a team off the shnide (is that even English?) feel any better, though.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
"Theres no easy way out. Theres no shortcut home"
Monday 10.03.2022
1. First Thing Push Ups Challenge Day 3: 30 push-ups in total: Not in 1 go (standard), 15 before breakfast, largest set = 4.
2. Daily Kicks Challenge Day 3: 22 front kicks, 30 seconds rest, 3 sets in total: Active rest of march steps between sets.
3. Hard Reset Cardio Day 9 (20 minutes of run/walk intervals on the treadmill).
4. Move With Nicole: 20 MIN MORNING PILATES || Full Body Workout
5. YWK: 10 min Yoga for Beginners - Gentle & Simple Yoga Stretch
6. .75 mile walk outside. 13 minutes.
7. 25 minutes of march step variations.

❤️FTPUC: This was tough. I already had DOMS.
❤️DKC: Interesting doing these not on the bags.
❤️HRC/Intervals: Dist = 1.58 mi, AHR = 163 , Rating = 5.5. Pushed it like I did 2 weeks ago. Better stats but it felt hard.
❤️MWN: This was good except for the pilates push-ups. I've had my fill of push-ups.
❤️YWK: Easy but not as passive as I would've liked today. Two of her kitties made an appearance.😻😻
❤️Walk: Ugh. A thunderstorm blew up our walk.
❤️MSV: Because it didn't stop raining in time to finish our walk.

Notes: Disappointing day between my work computer shit and the weather...2 things completely out of my control.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Tuesday 09.04.2022
1. First Thing Push Ups Challenge Day 4: 10 push-ups in total: Not in 1 go (standard), finished before breakfast, largest set = 5.
2. Daily Kicks Challenge Day 4: 24 side kicks, 30 seconds rest, 3 sets in total: Active rest of march steps between sets
3. Hard Reset Cardio Day 10 (Get Fit With Rick: 80's Rock | Indoor Walking Exercise| Mood Rock Music Workout)
4. Boxing: 25 minutes of speedbag/heavy bag (punching, kicking, strikes (knee, elbow, palm), back fist combos.
5. YWB: 10 Minute Yoga Stretch to do ANYTIME you need Relaxation!
6. 4 mile walk outside. 1 hour and 12 minutes.

❤️DKC: I almost forgot about this. I'm glad I didn't.
❤️HRC/GFWR: The transitions always fuck me up.
❤️Boxing: Planned a different workout but I needed some boxing therapy. Kicking and punching to the Scorps and Co. lets me temporarily forget.
❤️YWB: So relaxing I almost fell asleep 😴

Notes: My computer issues had an unsatisfactory solution to say the least. Today was stupid.

Last edited:

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Wednesday 10.05.2022
1. First Thing Push Ups Challenge Day 5: 30 push-ups in total: Not in 1 go (standard), finished before noon, largest set = 6
2. Daily Kicks Challenge Day 5: 24 turning kicks, 30 seconds rest, 3 sets in total: Active rest of march steps between sets.
3. Boxing: 25 minutes of speedbag/heavy bag (punching, kicking, strikes (knee, elbow, palm), back fist combos. So tired today so this wasn't an easy session.
4. YWB: 10 Minute Yoga Stretch to do ANYTIME you need Relaxation!
5. 4 mile walk outside. 1 hour and 12 minutes.

❤️Boxing: So tired today so this wasn't an easy session.

Notes: Security alarm went off at 5:09 am. It was the motion sensor in the office. No intruder was present but we didn’t fall back asleep. Too tired today.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Thursday 10.06.2022
1. First Thing Push Ups Challenge Day 6: 10 push-ups in total: Not in 1 go (standard), finished before breakfast largest set = 7
2. Daily Kicks Challenge Day 5: 24 turning kicks, 30 seconds rest, 3 sets in total: Active rest of march steps between sets
3. Hard Reset Cardio Day 11.
4. Hard Reset Cardio Day 12: Level 3, no rest.
5. Boxing: 25 minutes of speedbag/heavy bag (punching, kicking, strikes (knee, elbow, palm), back fist combos.
6. YWB: 10 Minute Yoga Stretch to do ANYTIME you need Relaxation!
5. 4 mile walk outside. 1 hour and 10 minutes.

❤️HRC 11: I didn't feel like doing this today but did it anyway.
❤️HRC 12: Awkward on the bag today.
❤️Boxing: This was just ok today.

Notes: I felt so much anger in the morning and I don’t know why. Around mid-day the anger dissipated and I just felt tired. The Broncos lost an embarrassing game on TNF. They also 2 more players to injury. Brutal.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Friday 10.07.2022
1. First Thing Push Ups Challenge Day 7: 40 push-ups in total: Not in 1 go (standard), 20 before breakfast largest set = 8. Finished by noon.
2. Daily Kicks Challenge Day 7: 26 side kicks, 30 seconds rest, 3 sets in total: Active rest of march steps between sets
3. 6 mile walk outside. 1 hour and 44 minutes.

❤️FTPUC: I am happy with my push-up progression so far.

Notes: Blah…blah weather, blah work day, felt blah. At least it was the last day of the work week. And it did warm up enough that the walk was comfortable. The bright spot is that my dad tested negative for COVID.

TakingBabyStepsBack

"Keep fighting. Fortune will favor the patient and persistent."
I am glad to hear that you dad is doing better and finally tested negative. That has to be a relief.

And I heard about the Broncos-Colts game. All I can say is yeesh. I'm surprised that wasn't a win-or-get-fired game for both Reich (Colts) and Hackett (Broncos), but Denver is only five official games out from sacking their last coach and there is some danger to the head coach position being a revolving door. Just ask any supporter of English association football club side Watford FC.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
It's a huge relief. He still has his other issues but at least the COVID is gone. I am grateful they are boosted.

I was really excited for this season. With all the injuries, they are screwed. But, I am also an Avalanche fan and they won the Stanley Cup in June so I have that.😺

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Saturday 10.08.2022
1. First Thing Push Ups Challenge Day 7: 10 push-ups in total: Not in 1 go (standard), finished before breakfast, largest set = 8.
2. Boxing: 20 minutes of speedbag/heavy bag (punching, kicking, strikes (knee, elbow, palm), back fist combos. This was a good session today.
3. YWB: Gentle Yoga in Bed! | 30 Day Yoga Challenge | Day 24
4. Daily Kicks Challenge Day 7: 26 round kicks, 30 seconds rest, 3 sets in total: Active rest of march steps between sets.
5. 8.25 mile walk outside. 2 hours and 28 minutes.

❤️Boxing: This was a good session today. The round kicks could've been better but ar least they didn't hurt my lower back
❤️ DKC: This felt really awkward today.
❤️Walk: 8.25 awesome miles at the Ponds. Wildlife spotted: waterfowl, sheep and squirrels. Beautiful day.🌅

Notes: I finished a book with breakfast (and it was the last book of the series). It was a fun series. Awesome lunch and dinner and awesome walking weather.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Sunday 10.09.2022
1. First Thing Push Ups Challenge Day 9: 45 push-ups in total: Not in 1 go (standard), 21 before breakfast, largest set = 9 Finished by noon.
2. Boxing: 20 minutes of speedbag/heavy bag (punching, kicking, strikes (knee, elbow, palm), back fist combos.
4. Daily Kicks Challenge Day 9: 26 front kicks, 30 seconds rest, 3 sets in total.
5. March step variations: 5 min (5 times throughout the day during football)
6. 2.75 mile walk outside. 49 minutes.

❤️Boxing: I did a extra round kick combo (jab cross jab double round kick jab cross). This session was probably the best since last Saturday.🥊🔥
❤️DKC: Front kicks are my favorite air kicks.

Notes: Football Sunday. At least the Broncos didn’t play. I started a book about the Tylenol murders during breakfast.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Monday 10.10.2022
1. First Thing Push Ups Challenge Day 10: 50 push-ups in total: Not in 1 go (standard), 21 before breakfast, largest set = 8 Finished by noon.
2. Daily Kicks Challenge Day 10: 28 side kicks, 30 seconds rest, 3 sets in total: Active rest of march steps between sets.
3. 6 mile walk outside. 1 hour and 48 minutes.

❤️FTPUC: I needed 1 more for a set of 10 but instead, I did one less. Ugh.

Notes: The beginning of craptastic week. The good news is that I kept up with the 2 challenges and we walked a total of 30 miles in 5 days. The bad news is that’s all I did.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Thanks @JCU! 💖

Tuesday 10.11.2022
1. First Thing Push Ups Challenge Day 11: 10 push-ups in total: Not in 1 go (standard), finished before breakfast, largest set = 8.
2. Daily Kicks Challenge Day 11: 28 side kicks, 30 seconds rest, 3 sets in total: Active rest of march steps between sets.
3. 6 mile walk outside. 1 hour and 48 minutes.

❤️FTPUC: 8 again. How disappointing. 😔

Notes: I could not fall asleep last night. So tired.😴

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Wednesday 10.12.2022
1. First Thing Push Ups Challenge Day 12: 55 push-ups in total: Not in 1 go (standard), 17 before breakfast, largest set = 8 again. Finished by noon.
2. Daily Kicks Challenge Day 12: 28 side kicks, 30 seconds rest, 3 sets in total: Active rest of march steps between sets.
3. 6 mile walk outside. 1 hour and 45 minutes.
❤️FTPUC: Stuck at 8 for my max set and it's annoying.

Notes: Hit a wall with push-ups and it was cooler than it looked outside. The best part of today was watching the banner raising ceremony for the Avs.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Thursday 10.13.2022
1. First Thing Push Ups Challenge Day 13: 10
push-ups in total: In 1 go (standard) before breakfast, largest set = 10.
2. Daily Kicks Challenge Day 13: 30 side kicks, 30 seconds rest, 3 sets in total: Active rest of march steps between sets.
3. 6 mile walk outside. 1 hour and 45 minutes.

❤️FTPUC: So excited...I broke through and did 10 in 1 go! The last one was tough though.

Notes: Today was just a bad day. At least I broke through with my push-ups and the weather was nice.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Friday 10.14.2022
1. First Thing Push Ups Challenge Day 14: 20 push-ups in total: Not 1 go (standard), finished before breakfast, largest set = 10.
2. Daily Kicks Challenge Day 14: 30 turning kicks, 30 seconds rest, 3 sets in total: Active rest of march steps between sets.
3. 6 mile walk outside. 1 hour and 46 minutes.

❤️FTPUC: I did 10 in the first set again. Yay!

Notes: Sick day from work. I did my the same shit I’ve been doing all week.

WSMC1

from U.S.
"Back again…let’s all keep this going!"
Hope your weekend goes better Dawn :pose:

I don’t follow football anymore, I gather by some of your posts the Broncos are crappy? Lol. Im so old I got to see them get smoked by the Washington team back in SuperBowl Jan 1988. Does Elway still work for the franchise?

Ha ha, some distracting American football inquiry on DareBee…
:LOL:

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Thanks @JCU!
Thanks @WSMC1! Unfortunately, I remember that game too. I think the Broncos were up 10-0 at halftime and Doug Williams came in and lit us up in the second half. And this season they are crappy. Elway now works as a consultant for the team.
Thanks @TakingBabyStepsBack Push-ups have always been a struggle for me so I get frustrated.

DorothyMH

from Eastern Washington State, USA
Great push ups progress🥳, despite the plateau for a couple days. That happens🥴.
Nice work on the walking even if you are feeling crappy about all the rest. You do so much that if “all you do” is walk, that’s amazing, imo, as I’ve said before😎🥳
I’m glad your dad is coming out of his Covid finally. Fingers crossed that further effects of it will be minimal to none for him🤞🏼

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Saturday 10.15.2022
1. First Thing Push Ups Challenge Day 15: 30 push-ups in total: Not 1 go (standard), finished before breakfast, largest set = 10.
2. Boxing: 20 minutes of speedbag/heavy bag (punching, kicking, strikes (knee, elbow, palm), back fist combos.
4. 8 mile walk outside. 2 hours and 46 minutes.

❤️FTPUC: I was hoping to move up to 11 today but no luck.
❤️Boxing: This was ok. I was too in my own head to really get into it. Speedbag needed air so I only did one set.
❤️Walk: 8 miles at the Ponds. Wildlife spotted: waterfowl, sheep (they were closer, yay!) and a small snake. Cooler than last week but a nice day.

Notes: Today was ok. The walk was nice and we watched some good shows with lunch and dinner. During breakfast my new work laptop arrived. I do not want the laptop but I have to use it. I can’t set up yet because they sent me the wrong docking station. Before we left for the Ponds, we saw a fox in our backyard. I posted the pictures on FB which unfortunately got our neighbor (the one with the annoying dog) interested because she’s a retired rehabber and the fox has mange. We let her put a trap (not the mean kind) in our yard so she can capture and treat him. I don’t want him to suffer but she’s annoying.

Last edited:

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Sunday 10.16.2022
1. First Thing Push Ups Challenge Day 16: 60 push-ups in total: Not 1 go (standard), 21 finished before breakfast, largest set = 10.
4. Daily Kicks Challenge Day 16: 32 side kicks, 30 seconds rest, 3 sets in total.
5. March step variations: 5 min (3 times throughout the day during football)
6. 2 mile walk outside. 36 minutes.

❤️FTPUC: Still stuck at my max 10 plateau but I noticed that I am able to do more reps in subsequent sets than I used to.
❤️Boxing: This was better than yesterday. The speedbag was pumped up but I was sloppy.

Notes: Football Sunday. I read my book during breakfast. Now I feel like my neighbor is stalking Scott over the fox. She texted, rang our doorbell and when he pulled into the garage he looked in the rear view mirror and she saw her standing behind the car. As far as football goes most of the teams I was rooting for won and the Broncos didn’t play.