No Where Around the Average

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pronouns: You there
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
Thank you everyone. Chelsea is back to her normal playful self but she might have developed chronic kidney disease. I need to get her to the vet to draw blood to make sure. She's already on a renal support diet but before she was ill this last time I changed it from special to regular because that's what the store had and I didn't notice on time to get a new bag beforehand. The vet at the hospital thinks that's what triggered it, that it was too abrupt.

I have a stiff neck from Thursday night after sitting by her at the hospital but I managed to make it worse two hours ago and now the pain is very sharp and I can't look right without moving my whole body.

Last edited:

Whirly

Ranger from Colorado
Pronouns: she/her
I'm glad Chelsea is back to her normal self. :love:

If she does have chronic kidney disease, it may be worth having the vet check her blood pressure as well, as high blood pressure can go hand-in-hand with kidney disease in cats. My kitty was diagnosed with CKD last year, but is doing well with a renal support diet and blood pressure meds.

Healing vibes for your neck! :vibes:

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Hoping it will be manageable with Chelsea, and sending you healing vibes for your stiff neck, that really hurts... And nowadays, at least in France, there is nearly no over-the-counter relaxant available, they were taken out one by one because of the secondary effects, but that really limits the treatment possibilities to hot water bottle and paracetamol if you don't want to go to the doc.

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
I'm glad Chelsea is back to her normal self. :love: If she does have chronic kidney disease, it may be worth having the vet check her blood pressure as well, as high blood pressure can go hand-in-hand with kidney disease in cats. My kitty was diagnosed with CKD last year, but is doing well with a renal support diet and blood pressure meds. Healing vibes for your neck! :vibes:
I'll keep the blood pressure in mind, thanks.
And thanks everyone. I'm on my phone and tagging is tricky.
I sort of got dragged into an argument at work today. The issue is politics but what got me annoyed was the fact that I kept telling the guy that I don't want to talk about it, it's not the time and certainly not the place but since he's 70 and "knows better" he kept trying to make "arguments" by telling me he'll "explain" it to me... I actually said, very loudly that I don't need his explanations and it's pointless to try and solve the entire conflict in a few minutes at the office... eventually I made ridiculous accusations about human nature in principle, on purpose and that's what made him give up...
The whole thing started when he and someone else talked about the news and continued making praises for each other's "true understanding of the situation ". I made a trivial remark about something related but quietly to the guy sitting besides me and he replied and they heard and that's what made him try to convince me...
Next time (probably tomorrow) I will simply put on my headphones and listen to something loud...
Sorry, I had to vent.
My neck is way better but I don't want to risk it.
Have a good one 👋:happy:

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Thanks @Froud 😊
Unfortunately we sit in open space and general elections are next week. They will keep talking loudly about it and no matter the results they will either complain to no end or be joyful in their returned "king" (which is more likely).

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Next time (probably tomorrow) I will simply put on my headphones and listen to something loud...
It's an excellent solution: he doesn't listen to you, you don't listen to him :LOL:
Unfortunately, many people have no opinions but absolute truths and are very keen that others agree with them :p

Joking with my partner I comment that in this age everyone has an opinion on everything but no one has explained that listening to those opinions is optional.

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Joking with my partner I comment that in this age everyone has an opinion on everything but no one has explained that listening to those opinions is optional
Yeah, mass media and social media made discussions nearly impossible. Everyone picks a group and they don't have to listen to anyone else.

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Yeah, mass media and social media made discussions nearly impossible. Everyone picks a group and they don't have to listen to anyone else.
This is easier: you don't have to think for yourself all the time, it's a chore otherwise :LOL:

lofivelcro

Hunter from the sticks
"Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today"
I'm always of the opinon, no pun intended, that my opinion isn't worth a damn if it can't withstand the opinions and arguments of the opposite site. Opinions need to be challenged to evolve and strengthen. Otherwise, they're not worth much. In my opion :LOL:

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Chelsea is officially okay and completely healthy, according to her blood test results.
Unfortunately they had to give her some laughing gas or they wouldn't have been able to get the needle in. She's tired, a bit high and foaming at the mouth but she'll be okay.

Attachments

• 20221101_134620.jpg
    20221101_134620.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Chelsea sends her love to you all 😻

Before Breakfast: Total Burn day 12 L3.
Before dinner: Ironheart day 1.

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
I have found people at the other side 9f our floor who think the same as I @Laura Rainbow Dragon so we vent to each other sometimes. My family are having similar issues at work (maybe nit my dad, he loves to argue) we vent in group chat and I gave a friend who gets it.
I decided that for now it is best to let them rejoice in their incredibly abominable government (and hope that the center parties won't join the coalition because that won't be helpful), suffer for a few years, take notes and when they will fail (and they will) throw it in their faces.

Today's workout: before breakfast day 13 of total burn L3.
Tight hips workout.
A glass of soy milk,
A 10 minutes walk then a few seconds of running to the bus.
Someone brought home made pastries and I fell apart and had too many.
I'll skip working out tonight because tired and it's only Monday and I already reached my daily active calories burned goal.

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Ammm, okay, so... I'm not sure what to do. We have this new "immigrant" at the office... She's obviously self and culture aware and she doesn't speak any of the "official" languages (She's an English speaker...). She complained about this excessively loud guy a few weeks ago (and I get it, it's not common to see or hear someone like him in a work environment), but he is an important engineer in the telecom department (and an extreme right wing...) so anyone who knows and/or supports him, does not like her). But, I have spoken to her a few times and this evening, we met at the bus stop.
We had about 15 minutes to speak to each other and she told me she had a chronic, cancerous disease and she moved around a lot and people outside of her department (not telecoms) don't know about any of these and I mustn't tell anyone (which I won't except for here, at the hive) but, I know that she knows that they don't "approve" of her not knowing the local language. They have complained about it specifically earlier today... I can't wind them down because I promised not to tell anyone but their usual selfishness is even more offensive to me tonight... they have complained that she lives here but doesn't "bother" to learn the local language which is way too annoying generally but... I know she is way too busy to learn anything useful, languagewise (she had attended a government sponsored language course - which I know sucks), because of her illness, two teenagers, being a widow and trying to adjust to her new surroundings and new job to, effectively learn Hebrew. I'm just venting but those bibi voting, nerowminded a holes are just making my resolve stronger.
Just venting.

Last edited:

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
I'm done making plans. Whenever I try the universe ruins them. From now I'll do whatever I can whenever I can