Signs I need to recover?

Warrior from Sea of the dunes
"If you want to be a lion, you must train with lions."
I restarted my training after the summer holiday, it's been 3 months, and I'm gladly back on track with my fitness. Recently I started a new workout program (https://darebee.com/programs/strength-protocol.html), I'm moderately fit, and could do 30 push-ups relatively easily. But lately, that's become more difficult, I feel sore more frequently, so I started to warm up before my workouts, did some mobility, and stretched occasionally after working out, still did not help. I do martial art training (jiu-jitsu) 3 days a week for 1 and a half hours each session, I work out using darebee workouts 6 days a week (mainly strength workouts). Sadly these days I'm finding a lack of motivation to work out, and I enjoy it less.

So are there any tips you guys could give me, shall I take a week off? Shall I avoid doing martial art sessions AND a darebee workout on the same day? Shall I stretch every day? Would be more than happy for some advice.

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Stretching helps a lot but does it even more letting the body rest, even active rest with very light exercises is fine as rest.
I have found myself in similar situations at times and in the end I always had to decide what the main training was in order to reduce all the accessory training.
In the end it is a game of balancing, you have to find the one that works for you, experiment and see what works :)

Stretching helps a lot but does it even more letting the body rest, even active rest with very light exercises is fine as rest.
I have found myself in similar situations at times and in the end I always had to decide what the main training was in order to reduce all the accessory training.
In the end it is a game of balancing, you have to find the one that works for you, experiment and see what works :)
Thanks for the advice :five:

Damer

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Warrior Monk from Terra
Pronouns: He/Him
@Eagle_Warrior3 sounds like you're moving too fast. Motivation stems from the way we feel and if you don't feel well when you exercise then it becomes harder to do so, so your lack of it is perfectly understandable. Your frame of mind is as important here as your body. You can ease off a bit by reducing what you do physically for a week or so, get plenty of rest and sleep and do something that doesn't feel like working out like going for a walk outside, instead. You need to find, again, the balance of your body and mind so that you feel strong, healthy, empowered and in control. That will then go a long way towards getting you back to your happier state of mind, when it comes to exercise.

I hope this helps.

@Eagle_Warrior3 sounds like you're moving too fast. Motivation stems from the way we feel and if you don't feel well when you exercise then it becomes harder to do so, so your lack of it is perfectly understandable. Your frame of mind is as important here as your body. You can ease off a bit by reducing what you do physically for a week or so, get plenty of rest and sleep and do something that doesn't feel like working out like going for a walk outside, instead. You need to find, again, the balance of your body and mind so that you feel strong, healthy, empowered and in control. That will then go a long way towards getting you back to your happier state of mind, when it comes to exercise.

I hope this helps.
shall I go back to the normal routine after a week of recovery? Or shall I slowly ease myself into it?
thanks man

LFG

I restarted my training after the summer holiday, it's been 3 months, and I'm gladly back on track with my fitness. Recently I started a new workout program (https://darebee.com/programs/strength-protocol.html), I'm moderately fit, and could do 30 push-ups relatively easily. But lately, that's become more difficult, I feel sore more frequently, so I started to warm up before my workouts, did some mobility, and stretched occasionally after working out, still did not help. I do martial art training (jiu-jitsu) 3 days a week for 1 and a half hours each session, I work out using darebee workouts 6 days a week (mainly strength workouts). Sadly these days I'm finding a lack of motivation to work out, and I enjoy it less.

So are there any tips you guys could give me, shall I take a week off? Shall I avoid doing martial art sessions AND a darebee workout on the same day? Shall I stretch every day? Would be more than happy for some advice.
@Eagle_Warrior3 couple questions.
1) Are you seeing physical results? If you see results, does seeing and feeling the results not motivate you?
2) Are you working out alone? I read you are doing jiu-jitsu (assuming that's a group workout) but is your fitness exercises solo? If you are exercising alone, do you think doing the exercises with a friend motivate you?

@Eagle_Warrior3 couple questions.
1) Are you seeing physical results? If you see results, does seeing and feeling the results not motivate you?
2) Are you working out alone? I read you are doing jiu-jitsu (assuming that's a group workout) but is your fitness exercises solo? If you are exercising alone, do you think doing the exercises with a friend motivate you?
answers to the 2 Q's

1) Yes, in very slow and slight changes, but yes I do.
2) My fitness exercises are solo, I train at home in my living room, alone. Working out with friends for me distracts me (somewhat).

guibo94

Gladiator from New Asgard
"Silent but deadly."
Sometimes changing my routine or starting something new one gets me motivated again. This may sound weird, but lately I started going on YouTube to watch "professional trainers" instructional workout video helps motivate me on the days I don't feel like working out. Reflecting on moments of joy and fun from past work outs helps me too. Good luck and keep us posted!