Montserrat's Musings

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
@Montserrat I stopped at the end of Season 7 because I didn't want to get to the (current) end too soon, and I restarted from S1E1. But I also allow myself to listen to them while I'm doing my workouts, though I turn off tracking for them. Then there are the season 2 side missions that I particularly like (such as Whack-a-Mole and Circuit Training) that I listen to at night, just for fun. I think I can about recite it...! I like Runner 3 - he's fun. :LOL: And I do the workout-type of stories when doing housework.

Montserrat

Rogue from The Netherlands
Aargh - for the first time I let myself be caught by the zombies! I could have evaded them, but apparently I slowed down too early when I thought that I had already escaped. :(

Ah well... I didn't turn undead, just dropped some supplies, which is a pity...

Other than that, still on the right track!

:float:

10-11-2022 - day 10

and

NancyTree

Valkyrie from The Netherlands
I always hate it when that happens, the beeps getting closer and then the zombie sounds when they eat your supplies 😅 especially the first time I got really scared 😆.
It mostly happened when the zombies came when I was running stairs or uphill or something...

I can't wait to restart with the app though

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
I always hate it when that happens, the beeps getting closer and then the zombie sounds when they eat your supplies 😅 especially the first time I got really scared 😆.
It mostly happened when the zombies came when I was running stairs or uphill or something...

I can't wait to restart with the app though
I think the app knows when you've got to a rough uphill bit of track. I generally don't do chases because around here, it's almost never flat, and the last time I had a chase, I'd just passed over about 100m or so of relatively flat and was facing a fair incline and suddenly it's "Zombies detected"!

Montserrat

I think the app knows when you've got to a rough uphill bit of track. I generally don't do chases because around here, it's almost never flat, and the last time I had a chase, I'd just passed over about 100m or so of relatively flat and was facing a fair incline and suddenly it's "Zombies detected"!
Yes, exactly. Hate that!

@Nanna Io It's fun! Shouldn't exaggerate it, it's just an app, but it does keep me going!

11-11-2022 - day 11

Last edited:

facuzayas

Gladiator from Buenos Aires, Argentina
"“Go straight to the seat of intelligence–your own, the world's, your neighbors.”"
So... today I completed Zombies, Run! 5K Training and ran my first 5K in at least five years. I am really thrilled about this, I have to say!

I ran a 5K once before in my life, but this was a few years ago under completely different circumstances, when I was regularly running with some other people. When I started running again in August I literally couldn't run for more than one minute at a time, which I now built up to more than forty minutes.

View attachment 266

My actual 5K time was 38:40 min. Not much for some people, but for me, somewhat of a milestone!

I was feeling very determined today, and although it felt like the whole thing took a long time, I was never close to slowing to a walk. The weather was rainy, but in the end the slight drizzle was actually quite pleasant to run in. Several friendly random people encouraged me, which is something I never noticed before. It does feel a bit awkward when you can tell that they're saying something nice, but you have your earphones in and are running right past them... I did try to give them a friendly nod!

I will definitely continue with the regular Zombies, Run! missions. The regular schedule of three runs a week has been very good for me (I stuck to it with no exceptions!) and has also served as the backbone for the other workouts I'm doing throughout the week.

I'm also already eager to improve my time!

15-10-2022 - day 90
and
:completed:

and
Congrats on your 5k! this sport is awesome because is democratic! never compare with more than you

Hugs from Argentina!

Montserrat

@Hwestneth It's working for me. It's fun and it keeps me interested in going out for a run for 30-40 minutes every other day or so. Without it I might have given up somewhere along the road. I guess the app is best for people who are just starting out, I did their 8 week 5K training first so I was/am a true beginner.

That's not to say that I wouldn't recommend it for more advanced runners - I would! It's just that it would then be more something nice to listen to and not get bored while running, not necessarily a challenge.

Edit: Started a new challenge, just to do a litle extra and mix things up: Wall Push-ups.

15-11-2022 - day 15

Last edited:

Montserrat

@Nanna Io Yes! Finished it today, a bit late as usual... ;)
During the last week or so this challenge caused some soreness in my shoulders and upper arms. I am not entirely sure if it's a good kind of soreness, from training, or some light form of inlammation, caused by repeating the same movement so often.

Couldn't resist starting the new program, of course. Seems like a very good thing to work on in the coming month.

Also, reclaimed my 30-day streak badge! (Forgot about it yesterday, and had also forgotten it when I hit 15 days.)

Will make a small Darebee donation. (Awww... the kitten!) A good start to the new month, I think!

:worried:

Edit: Added YWA December Calendar because @mavie made me curious. It was nice.

1-12-2022 - day 31

and
:completed:
and

Last edited: