Never Give Up, Never Surrender

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."
@CODawn & @Anek thank you!
I got a lot of sleep last night and am feeling better today :) Looking forward to singing with the teen tonight. The thing about singing acapella is that you can't hide behind the music! Fingers crossed.

Taking it easy today. I do think that continuing to exercise during this cold has helped it improve quicker. That and lots of vitamin C.

24 Dec Workout:
:v: quick warm up
:v: EoD - wall sitting was challenging!
:v: Fit December, day 25
:v: Step Up Challenge, day 25
:v: Watch Me Shine workout
:v: WoD "Zen" - a nice cool down

Wishing all you 'bees a very happy Christmas! :love:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."
Merry Christmas everyone! Taking a break from being a sloth to exercise a little. Last night's duet went very well, though my voice wasn't at tip-top shape. My teen however has a beautiful soprano. It was very special singing with her. :heart:

So far today I have eaten mostly sugar and fat. Oh well. I was given too much candy and will probably put it out at work and watch it disappear. ;)
Coughing some today; it helps to keep moving some. I've enjoyed a mellow day with family.

25 Dec Workout:
:v: Fit December, day 26
:v: Step Up Challenge, day 26
:v: Bloom workout

That's it for today! Have a wonderful rest of the evening 'bees! :hi:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Today I learned about Boxing Day, which is something we don't observe in the US. I've read several different descriptions. Do any of you Bees celebrate Boxing Day? :hi: How? What does it mean to you? Does it have any similarity to Giving Tuesday in the US?

I spent a good portion of my day setting up a streaming device for my elderly parent. It should have been easy and quick. However, passwords were needed and there is a habit of not writing them down or remembering what they were. :smash: So, passwords were changed and then written down in several places (one of which I shall never, ever tell where) and finally everything was good to go.

There's a ginormous rainstorm headed our way tonight. Fingers crossed that the power stays on.

26 Dec workout:

:v: EoD
:v: Fit December, day 27
:v: Step Up Challenge, day 27
:v: Full Body Kettlebell workout
:v: Fighter's Stretching

:super:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
It was a restless night with the rain pounding on the roof and the house settling with loud creaks and pops. Made me nervous as we have had flooding issues in the backyard. Thankfully the only issue was me losing sleep. :p Today I packed away all of the Christmas decorations which always makes me feel a little sad. Another year gone by.

27 Dec. Workout:
:v: Fit December, day 28 & 29
:v: Step Up Challenge, day 28 & 29

Time to make some art! Have a nice evening everyone. :teatime:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Today I was in the mood to do some serious house cleaning. I dusted and polished everything and washed the inside of windows. The teen gave me new earbuds for Christmas so I was groovin' to my tunes while cleaning. :wiggle:
The teen is feeling worse; wondering if she has the scary flu. :mask: Time to make a big pot of chicken noodle soup with extra garlic. :soup:

28 Dec workout:
:v: Fit December, day 30 & 31 :completed:
:v: Step Up Challenge, day 30 :completed:

Bon soir mes amis :dancy:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@NancyTree @Fremen @TopNotch @Anek @lofivelcro :thanku:

The teen is still feeling bad; at least she does not have the scary flu. Feeding her lots of chicken soup with garlic and making pomegranate-spinach-banana-cacao smoothies.
Outside it is dark, damp, dreary and cold. Not cold enough for snow though, at least not here. It was another epic day of deep cleaning the house, it looks sparkly now. I do have a bit of OCD when it comes to housekeeping but having a dirty home stresses me out. Now to tackle the mess in the office closet.......:p

29 Dec workout:
:v: K-Sculpt workout
:v: Fighter's Stretching

Time to roast some veggies for dinner. :seeds:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
It rained heavily all night and turned the dry gulch behind my property into a gushing stream. Water was pooling all over the place so I spent a few hours outside in the pouring rain digging and clearing drainage channels. *whew!* I got 10,000 steps before 10am! :trail:

The teen is better today! Now she's begun the coughing up gunk phase. We started cleaning out the dreaded office closet and got about 2/3 done. Of course there was time spent looking at old photos and playing ancient mp3 files (I found my old iTunes library!!!) Tomorrow we'll tackle the worst part--art supply bin. So. Much. Stuff.
but I-Might-Use-It-Someday !:nod:

Kept my workout light as I'm a little sore from this morning's exertions.

30 Dec Workout:

:v: Lazy Bear Workout

:jacks:

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
Happy New Year!
:fireworks:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Yesterday, New Year's Day, the sun decided to come out! First time I've seen it in weeks! Due to all the massive amounts of rain we've had lately it was too soggy/muddy to hike so I went for a walk/jog. It felt good.

Today it snowed lightly most of the day. Very pretty but no more sunshine! I'm upping my vitamin D dosage. :happy: I really want to try the new bootcamp program but it will have to wait until I get some dumbbells.

2 Jan workout:
:v: Full body kettlebell workout
:v: The Guardian challenge - day 1 (all clear), day 2 (quelle surprise! 200 goblins!!):twitch:

For dinner tonight I'm roasting some butternut squash, Brussel sprouts, red potatoes and garlic.
It's back to reality and work tomorrow. I've prepped food for the week's lunches. I dread seeing how many emails are waiting.....:giveup:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
I was worried about all the emails I'd have today at work and when I got there the internet was down. Ha! :LOL: It was down nearly all day which made for a very quiet morning since I couldn't even use my financial software. But imagine my horror when parents began dropping off sweet birthday treats for their children's class and provided goodies for the teachers and staff. :chocolate::donut::cookie::shiver: My willpower held out. But wth? aren't we done with all the sugar yet???

3 Jan Workout:
:v: EoD (modified)
:v: The Guardian, day 3
:v: Better Than Running Workout

:yas:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
It was a dark and stormy day.....really! We are in the midst of a 'bomb cyclone'. Rain, rain and more rain, wind and general storminess. I'm hoping that the property won't flood again (fingers crossed).
I pulled a shoulder muscle the other day during my kettlebell workout which means that push ups & planks are out for now. Instead I'll work on cardio. :hophop:

4 Jan Workout:
:v: Epic Cardio Workout - highly recommended! Gets the heart rate up.
:v: The Guardian, day 4 - I skipped punching the 100 goblins, hurts. I'll make it up on an 'all clear' day.

Back to the Wind Advisory and Flash Flood Watch :eyes:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Our entire county lost power for 24 hours on Wednesday due to the big storm. Some areas recorded wind gusts of over 183kmh! :toohot:The schools had to close which meant the teen and I had an unexpected day off. :worried: Thankfully it wasn't terribly cold but we bunked together with a pile of extra blankets and a cat or two. :) On Thursday morning I got the generator running so we could have some heat and made quesadillas on my camping stove. I got lots of exercise that day walking between my house and my mom's, making sure her indoor propane heater had sufficient fuel, and adding gas and oil to my generator. I was glad when the power came on Thursday night. I did manage to get a workout in though:

5 Jan workout:
:v: Epic Cardio workout (from memory & I substituted butt kicks for jumping jacks)
:v: Chest expansions, 50 x 3 sets=150
:v: Side Leg Raises, 100 x 4 sets=400

The teen has been battling a nasty virus with lots of coughing up gunk.:mask: I took her for a doctor check Friday morning as I was concerned about her asthma. She was told to stay home and rest; hard for her to do, she hates missing school. When I finally made it to work at 10am guess what??? Another power outage! :eyes: We were told it would be a short one so with no computer or phones operating I pitched in and made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in the cafeteria. :sandwich: It was a fun change of pace but OH! I am so far behind in my work! The power did come back on in about 45 minutes and I was back at it. I began sneezing a lot at work and generally feeling run down.....seems the teen may have reinfected me with something. :cry: I don't feel terrible just achy, fatigued and a little nauseous. After a very hectic day I decided to skip my workout on Friday.

Today I slept in and am dragging. It's still raining buckets. Did some errands and managed a workout.

7 Jan workout:
:v: The Guardian, day 5 (punched 50 goblins), day 6 (punched 200 goblins) and day 7 (all clear)
:v: Epic Cardio - new favorite
:v: Chest expansions, 50
:v: Side Leg Raises, 100

We are expecting nothing but rain for the next week. I may grow gills or webbed feet by then! webbed feet human.jpg

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
The teen and I are feeling better today. :) It was rainy and windy again last night and another wave of foul weather is on its way tonight. No complaining though as we really need the precipitation.

8 Jan workout:
:v: Abs on Fire Workout
:v: Epic Cardio Workout

Enjoy your Sunday bees! :hi:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
A heck of a night with pounding rain and wind; I didn't sleep well. This morning I stepped out the door into a raging storm.
But by lunchtime the clouds parted and ! sunshine ! :welcome: It's a brief but welcome interlude until the next storm comes knocking. There were a lot of little boys playing in the large puddles (more like pools) around the school campus. Some were drenched head to toe! Hopefully they'll listen next time when told to stay out of the water; it couldn't have been pleasant sitting in wet clothing all day. :chuckle:

Today I worked out with Sam Ryder and got my groove on:

9 Jan workout:
:v: The Guardian, day 9 - all clear
:v: Kettlebell HIIT Workout, level 2

Have a lovely evening bees! :chilling:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Another dark day of incessant rain. The snow level appears to be dropping so maybe tonight we'll get some! :snowball:
It was a long work day of completing confusing forms for school bureaucratic agencies :exhausted: among other things. Thankfully most of these are only done annually.
I've concluded that I need to work on strengthening my core & upper body as well as balance. I seem to be stronger on my right side, which is weird because I'm left handed. :gotq:

10 Jan workout:
:v: The Guardian, day 10 - punched 100 goblins
:v: Epic Cardio
:v: Better Balance Workout

Bon soir!

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
It's not that weird. I bet when you carry something heavy, you carry it in your right hand because you want to keep your left free for the finer motor skills - putting a key in a door, signing something at the shops, etc. Your left leg could be stronger than your right, though.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@TopNotch My left leg is definitely weaker than my right. But living in a world designed for right-handers I've had to adapt and do many things right-handed.

Yep, you guessed it, still raining. Minor flooding going on here but nothing like farther south of where I live. The students are getting fractious as they've not been outside much at all in the last weeks. Had a good day at work though.

11 Jan Workout:
:v:EoD
:v: The Guardian, day 11 - punched 200 :twitch:
:v: Get to the Chopper - Terrific workout!!

Get to the chopper!.png

:v: Balance Workout

Whew!! :phew:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
There was a break in the rain today! :ss: Then more big storms this weekend. :p
I had a day. Wasn't into it, feeling tired. And sad. Maybe all the gloomy weather.

But my workout was good.
12 Jan Workout:
:v: The Guardian, day 12 - punched 50 :twitch:
:v: Kettlebell HIIT workout
:v: Better Balance Workout - It's been helpful to remind myself to engage my core muscles and softly focus on something that's not moving while balancing.

:night: have a nice evening!

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
F.R.I.D.A.Y.! And a three day weekend for me as we get Monday off for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Today my coworkers were saying how tired they were. It's not just me, it must be the weather. Most of us have been unable to get outside for weeks! Yes, it's still raining, hard. One reason I love Darebee is that I can get a good workout no matter what the weather is doing. Also it's all the amazing people on the Hive that have kept me coming back. :friend:

13 Friday Workout:
:v: Quick Warm Up
:v: The Guardian, day 13 - all clear
:v: Epic HIIT Workout Wow! great workout. Only a few burpees.
:v: Balance Workout - I like doing this as a cool down. My balance seems to be improving already.

Have a smashing weekend everyone! Now for :pizza:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Did my chores today. It rained hard all night but this afternoon it stopped and I saw the watery sun for a moment. A few more storms heading our way then late next week we should see some sunshine.

14 Jan Workout:
:v:Quick Warm Up
:v: The Guardian, day 14 - all clear
:v: Fire Punch Workout - whew! more burpees! :surrender:
:v: Better Balance workout

I am so done. Have a nice evening bees. :scroll:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Took a break from exercise yesterday, my body was telling me I needed it. Drove to town and *gasp* there was sunshine!! :welcome: Today the teen and I went for another drive and more sunshine! The mountains around us are thickly covered in beautiful snow. Our lakes are filling up somewhat. Life is good.

16 Jan workout:
:v: The Guardian, day 15 & 16 - punched 100 :twitch:
:v: Faster than You Workout - level 7
:v: Balance Workout

Off to cook some supper and prep for work tomorrow. :nod:

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
Today I learned about Boxing Day, which is something we don't observe in the US. I've read several different descriptions. Do any of you Bees celebrate Boxing Day? :hi: How? What does it mean to you? Does it have any similarity to Giving Tuesday in the US?
Boxing Day in Canada isn't a celebration. It's just an excuse to have a second day of vacation at Christmas. It is the Canadian equivalent of Black Friday in the US. (Which sadly is starting to be observed by increasingly more and more Canadian stores now as well in an effort to compete with cross-border shopping, although Black Friday isn't attached to any kind of holiday for us.) Stores offer deep discounts, and people engage in mad shopping frenzies. Other people use the day to relax, or to have Christmas celebrations with people they didn't get to see on the 25th.

When I was a child, most stores (at least in Ontario) were forbidden by law from opening on Boxing Day, so people who worked in retail got a second day of vacation too, and Boxing Day sales actually started on December 27. But in most places these laws have been dropped now, and the mad shopping frenzy happens on December 26. (It's still a statutory holiday, so all employees get paid for the day and, if you're required to work it, you get paid time and a half on top of your holiday pay.)

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
Congratulations on completing the Step Up Challenge and Fit December!
It's not that weird. I bet when you carry something heavy, you carry it in your right hand because you want to keep your left free for the finer motor skills - putting a key in a door, signing something at the shops, etc. Your left leg could be stronger than your right, though.

I am also left-handed, yet my right leg is stronger, and my balance is significantly better on my right leg (in spite of all my years of yoga, and working to balance both sides). I think it comes from all my years of competitive running: I like to lead with my left leg, which means I stand with my right foot on the starting line. So my left leg strides first when the starter's pistol sounds. But until then I'm spending a significant amount of time in a semi-lunge position with the bulk of my weight balanced on my right leg. Similarly in soccer: I kick left because I have more control with my left leg. Which means I'm balanced on my right leg everytime I kick the ball.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Laura Rainbow Dragon thanks for your input! I guess it's all about how you celebrate. A former neighbor of mine used to arrive at the stores at 3am on Black Friday to grab the best deals. She enjoyed it. Not for me though.
My right leg is stronger but I can kick with either leg, :kick: I bat both ways in baseball and can bowl right or left handed. Our bodies are amazing, aren't they?

Today it was really busy in the school office. I think nearly every student came in before 8:30am! Then there were the sick ones, and the poor little guy that broke his collar bone at recess. :( Top it off with an extremely boring webinar :giveup:about one of the school lunch programs and that was my day. whew. Then home for more paperwork (cause I just can't get enough) and I was ready for some exercise.

17 Jan Workout:
:v: The Guardian, day 17 - all clear. Where are the goblins lately??
:v: Maverick Workout w/EC

Done! Time for dinner. Snow in the forecast tomorrow, crossing my fingers! :snowball:

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
@Laura Rainbow Dragon thanks for your input! I guess it's all about how you celebrate. A former neighbor of mine used to arrive at the stores at 3am on Black Friday to grab the best deals. She enjoyed it. Not for me though.
I think it's awful for the people who have to work those sales. People are leaving their family's Thanksgiving dinners early to go in to work overnight in a retail job! Why? Why does anyone need to shop in a department store at 3AM ever? I don't think the sales start in the middle of the night here. (I could be wrong. I don't attend them.) I have a friend who loves Black Friday. She goes every year. She lives in Canada, but drives an hour to get to the border, goes through the whole rigmarole of an international border crossing, to shop in the middle of the night in Michigan. Chacun à son goût, I guess. (But I do think the tradition is unnecessarily cruel to retail employees.)

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
I arrived home today just before a major snowstorm hit. One moment it was raining hard and then suddenly it was snowing hard! ❄️ But I'm cozy inside with the teen and the cats. 😺😸

18 Jan Workout:
:v: The Guardian, day 18 - all clear
:v: Epic Cardio Workout, level 3
:v: Better Balance Workout

:lovable:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Yesterday I wasn't feeling 100% and decided to listen to my body and rest. I went to work but skipped the workout and started taking lots of vitamin C. I feel better today, maybe 'cause it's Friday? :LOL: We have bright sunny skies and no bad weather in sight. I'm itching to get my snowshoes out and go for a trek. I need to find a willing partner.

20 Jan workout:
:v: Quick warm up
:v: The Guardian, day 19 & 20 - all clear, both days :gotq:
:v: Full Body Kettlebell Workout

I'm off to make some Indian food for dinner. Indian food.jpg :grab:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Catching up with my log.

Saturday, Jan. 21 Workout:
:v: Went for a lovely, but short, hike in the hills

Sunday, Jan. 22 - Flu. Couch bound. :mask: But watched the San Francisco 49ers win!!!!!!

Monday, Jan. 23 - More flu. Couch bound. :mask:

Tuesday, Jan. 24 Workout:
:v: The Guardian, day 21, 22, 23, 24 - forgot to check for goblins, probably for the best.

I made it to work for a half day before my boss sent me home. Feeling better but have a nasty cough and fatigued. Fever, aches & pains mostly gone. Tested negative for the scary flu so that's a plus.