Question about a little change in the Age of Pandora Program

burnde

Assassin from Zossen Germany
Hi,

i currently reactivated my account and started the Age of Pandora Program again :D I think its now the 5th time :D But somehow i never managed to finish the programm cause of injuries, work, privat problems, ......
Now everything is fine again and i'm highly motivated to give it new try, cause I realy love the program, the story, the idea to be the hero and to train the hero, you know what i mean :D I love it :D

But I would love to change one thing in my journey and I want to ask you if this is a valid change.

I do the program on level 3 which means one travel point is 200m running, so far so good. But I really into jump rope and want to ask you if I could also do jump ropes to travel. I know I could just do it, but this would feel like I lie to the program.

So if you think jump rope jumps are a valid travel option :D then what do you think how many jumps is one travel point in level 3. I thought about 50 jumps for one travel point?

If the community says this is okay, then it does not feel like a lie if I do it like this. So whats your opinion?

lofivelcro

Hunter from the sticks
"Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today"
I don't see why it shouldn't be a valid option. I once started the program, too, and used a rowing machine instead of running or walking. Never finished, though. I think if you feel like it's a good replacement for running/walking, go for it. Really, you can also choose to crawl 200m for one travel point, what matters is how it feels to you and it won't be a lie, because in the end, it's your decision and modifications are perfectly okay.
By the way, doing bear crawls instead sounds like a cool option. I will keep that in mind if I should ever make another attempt :LOL:

Shikari

Mystic from R'lyeh
"The wind breathes where it wills and you hear its sound, but you don’t know where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit"
@burnde it's not just a good alternative, it's a GREAT alternative!! It's legitimate to increase the effort for the program as long as it's the same type of general exercise: running or jogging and skipping rope all have the same cardiovascular endurance goal.

50 skips per dot sounds like a good starting point. If it feels too easy, try 50 double unders. If it feels too hard, try 75 skips per two dots.

Great alternative exercise!

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
So if you think jump rope jumps are a valid travel option :D then what do you think how many jumps is one travel point in level 3. I thought about 50 jumps for one travel point?
I think it's inevitable that something changes when you do the same training program several times and I think it's a great idea to keep it interesting and training :)
As a yardstick I would keep the effort you make to run and I would test how many jumps with rope it takes to get the same effort.

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
It reminds me of @Fremen practicing belly dancing, if I remember correctly, instead of runs for Cardio Trim Run. I thought that was a marvelous idea, and he seemed to have fun. :LOL:
True, it was a strange idea but I enjoyed it a lot :LOL::LOL::LOL: