Restart

Cscape

Pirate from Lilburn, GA
Hello everyone,

I had an account here previously and since then I seemed to have forgotten the log in information. So I'm restarting fresh and new. I'm currently 37 years old, 5'2" and my original starting weight was 190 pounds as of 28 June 2021. That's when my mom started on Noom. We would do the lessons together and I followed them. We managed to get to the last part before we ended up not doing the lessons on a daily basis. Before the holidays this past year, I was able to get down to 158 pounds. For Christmas, I told mom I wanted to restart on the Noom program with my own profile. I started on the first of the new year and weighed in at 168 pounds. Even though I've done all the lessons and logged my food and kept the calories within the weight loss zone, I haven't been able to get my steps in like I should and I haven't exactly lost nor gained anything. I think if I were to actually get my steps in then the weight would start melting off.

I did find a fitness routine that I think will help me build up to Foundation Light. Monday, I barely completed 2 sets of 30 wall pushups and 2 sets of 10 leg raises with my knees bent at a 90. Yesterday I did 2 sets of 15 jackknife squats down to a sitting position and 2 sets of 30 wall pullups. I couldn't manage to get further on my squats because my legs are not strong enough yet, but I will keep at it until I'm able to squat all the way down and back up before I allow myself to graduate to level 2.

Yesterday morning I weighed in at 165.8 pounds. For breakfast I had coffee with creamer and 2 scoops of collagen powder and 3 scrambled eggs. I figured after all the exercise my muscles would need a healthy helping of protein to rebuild and repair. My arms and abs have been sore all day and I'm certain it was because of the pushups and leg raises more so than the squats and pullups. Today's exercises are 2 sets of 15 bridges and 3 holds of 15 on each side twists. I will repeat these 3 sets of exercises on tomorrow, Friday and Saturday. Sunday will be a rest and stretching day.

My goal for the end of this week is to set up a meal plan, complete all my exercises, get at least 7,000 steps in by Sunday and prep for the next week's meals. Overall, I'm aiming to reach 130 pounds by the end of June. That will mean I will have lost a total of 60 pounds in 2 years and 38 pounds in 6 months. Since I finally have a big picture to help motivate me to keep on these programs that go beyond just the physical, all I need left is a support system to celebrate my victories and triumphs on top of keeping me accountable and on track so I don't fall into a slip or slide. Since convenience is a major factor in my slides, I'm keeping Darebee up on the computer so it's always in my face reminding me to check in. Now it's time I get today's bridges and twists done and then prepare a healthy breakfast of oatmeal, eggs and coffee before I get ready for the rest of the day.

Cscape

Pirate from Lilburn, GA
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I've started my day with 2 sets of 30 pushups and 2 sets of 10 leg raises. They seem to not have kicked my butt like the first go round so I feel stronger already. I didn't weigh myself in properly after I woke up as I drank the last bit of my water from yesterday. Oops. The scale read 168 pounds so I don't know how much of that was from the water. I'll be sure to weigh myself properly tomorrow.

I've looked through some of Darebee's recipes and meal plans through the archives and I found a few recipes I'd like to try out so I'll definitely add the ingredients to my shopping list if I don't already have them. As far as the meal plans go, I found a few aspects I liked from the 1 and 1, Modern Hero, and the B&B meal plans so I'll probably mesh those with what I've learned from Noom to make my own meal plan that will hopefully work for me. Today's lesson on Noom said to not follow a schedule of when to eat, but to eat when I was hungry. This will indicate to me how many meals I can eat without feeling deprived nor extraordinarily full and help me to structure a true meal plan that will work for me.

Now that I'm finished with my morning cup of coffee, it's time I go fix my bowl of oatmeal and red grapes for breakfast. The next couple weeks are going to be busy for me as I will be cleaning and preparing for going to my grandmother's since she will be in recovery with her knee replacement surgery in February. Hopefully it will not interfere with my progress. In the past, I would spend the majority of my time sitting or laying on her couch and I do not want to go back to that. I'm proud of my accomplishments thus far, even if they are minor accomplishments. Those accomplishments are my first steps in my journey to a far better and healthier life.

Cscape

Pirate from Lilburn, GA
I weighed in yesterday at 165.8 pounds. I drastically cut the amount of calories I normal consume by eating more low calorie dense foods, but no matter how much I eat I'm always hungry even though I make it a point to add protein to every meal. I'll have to find a better way to balance out my meals so I'm not hungry a hour after eating. I also did my pullups and squats. The pullups felt pretty easy so I might try to add a few reps to each set next week so I can build up to 50 per set. The squats are still too difficult so I'll have to keep working at those before I can even think about moving on to higher reps. I'm also thinking of adding in some daily stretching. I find that I'm not very flexible and that may help improve my ability to perform my exercises. Today's exercises are 2 sets of 15 glute bridges and 3 holds of 15 seconds straight leg twists. If I find the bridges and twists are incredibly easy then I'll attempt level 2 next week for the both of them which are 2 sets of 30 and 3 holds of 30 seconds.

Outside of my exercises, I'm trying to get myself back onto a schedule I would prefer. I unfortunately messed up my sleeping schedule as usual and I'm suffering with working to get it back to some semblance of normalcy. That usually entails me staying up for far too long and going to sleep a little bit (or a lot) later each day. It doesn't take much for my sleep schedule to mess up. It usually happens for 1 of 2 reasons. First being that I take a nap knowing full well that I won't be able to sleep at bedtime. Second reason is because family is visiting or I'm visiting family. I'll just have to work on not feeling so guilty when I decide to go to bed before everyone else. As far as food goes, I've picked out 7 different types of breakfasts and I'm working on lunches and dinners. I might do 2 big meals with a snack or 2. We'll see how it goes once I get the meal plans in place.

SlothEnergy

I unfortunately messed up my sleeping schedule as usual and I'm suffering with working to get it back to some semblance of normalcy. That usually entails me staying up for far too long and going to sleep a little bit (or a lot) later each day.
I had messed up my sleeping schedule as well at one point, and this challenge helped me get back on track. In fact, I plan to restart it because I feel control over my bed time slipping again :LOL:

Cscape

Pirate from Lilburn, GA
Went for a mile walk this morning. It was pretty chilly, but it felt good to get out of the house. Ended up getting in 3k steps right off the bat. It was a beautiful morning. Wish I left a bit earlier so I could get the pinks and purples in the clouds. I love sunrises and sunsets. They are so magical and it feels like the world is full of promise for the day ahead.

Attachments

• IMG_5715.JPG
    IMG_5715.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 1

Cscape

Pirate from Lilburn, GA
I didn't do my exercises nor walked yesterday (it rained all day) so I'm doubling up today's exercises by doing yesterday's and today's. 2 sets of 30 wall pushups, attempt 2 sets of 15 leg raises, 2 sets of 35 wall pullups, and 2 sets of 15 jackknife squats. As far as sleep goes, I think I fixed my sleep schedule. I'll have to not nap today and see if I can actually go to sleep by 10 pm (9 pm if I'm on vacation - time zones). During the summer, I'll have about 30 minutes before the sunrise. During the winter, I'll have about 1.5 hours before the sunrise. This is the perfect amount of time for me to enjoy my mornings with breakfast and coffee. Rather funny to get all excited over routines that I have yet to establish, but I guess that means I've found one that I'm happy and excited for.

I do like the idea of having a habit star system so I think I'll get my creative juices flowing and build that chart. It would be a good way in which to set reward dates provided I accumulate so many stars in the given time period. I might even make it so if I forego a reward then I can "bank" the reward to get a better reward later on if I manage to accumulate those stars. It would kind of be like betting on myself to do better. Eventually, my true reward will be to reach what I think is my ideal weight and goal. Noom's lesson today was that my 130 pound goal may not be the weight in which I am happiest at in mind, body and spirit. It could be more or less and the only way for me to find out is to get there, wherever there is.

Cscape

Pirate from Lilburn, GA
Tuesday's exercises were difficult, but I managed to get through them. I did get a little sore afterwards, but it's bearable. Yesterday's exercises were also a little difficult and showed just how sore my muscles truly were. Today's isn't happening today so I can let my muscles recover a little. I'll do them in the morning with tomorrow's. As for sleep, I think I fixed my sleep schedule. I'll have to see when I go to sleep tonight if I wake up at 6am. Here's to hoping I have!

Cscape

Pirate from Lilburn, GA
I slipped. I hadn't been doing my exercises for a few days, but I have kept up with my sleep schedule and logging my food. I weighed in this morning at 165.6 and I'm going to start getting back into the swing of things on Monday. I set up my habit tracker and I'm creating a list of rewards to pick from, provided I reach my habit goals. The first reward I'm contemplating on is whether or not to go with new shoes or a kitchen scale. I'm leaning toward the scale as it will help tremendously with not only counting calories, but also with proper measurements when cooking and baking. Though my shoes could be replaced as the treads are literally peeling away, I can wait a while before replacing them. My last pair of shoes I didn't replace until I could practically fit my hand through one of the holes. It was definitely uncomfortable to step in puddles and I had enough of them. I can always cut the treads off my current shoes and keep on wearing them. They are still protecting my feet from getting wet and still look great in every other respect.

Meal planning isn't going very well. It's hard to decide on what to eat each day. Almost everyday I don't know what to cook for dinner because I'm not craving any sort of food in particular, but I do know I do not want another meal with red meat. I've had way too much of that stuff in the past 6 months that I'm probably going to have a coronary just looking at the stuff. :LOL: I have been printing a bunch of recipes and writing down their nutritional content if the writer didn't provide that information already, so I'll probably flip to random pages and whatever it lands on that will be what's for dinner and the leftovers for lunch the next day. I would also like to create a few meals ahead of time to store in the freezer so it's just a matter of pulling them out and baking. Maybe even do the same for various snacks that wouldn't hold up as well in the refrigerator long term. Anyway, back to my meal planning!

Cscape

Pirate from Lilburn, GA
Back home from my grandmother's! Her surgery went perfectly and she's recovering faster than anticipated. Now I can get back into my regular routine. I let myself go a little bit while I was over there. I weighed in yesterday at 165.8 lbs, but there were days I weighed in as much as 167 and 168. It's been a stressful 2 months. I'm so happy that it's now behind me and I can look forward to a brighter future! Cheers, my Darebee darlings!