Stronger everyday

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates"
Day #118

Program/ChallengeProgress
Classic Warmup
Cardio Trim9/30
Push-up Ladder21/30
Pull-Up Challenge lv16/30
Classic Daily Bible Reading Plan62/366
✝ 90-day challenge51/90

Thank you for the supportive comments! I'm happy to report that some house-cleaning and adherence to milestones made the day go well and less frustrating.

In a way, I'm glad I got frustrated and reached a limit. It gives me feedback that adjustments are necessary. None of my frustration was meant to be directed towards Darebee content, just my own voluntary choices 😂

Thank you again bees! 💪

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates"
Day #1

Classic Warmup
Cardio Trim10/30
Classic Daily Bible Reading Plan63/366
✝ 90-day challenge52/90

Day #2

Classic Warmup
Cardio Trim11/30
Classic Daily Bible Reading Plan64/366
✝ 90-day challenge53/90

Day #3

Classic Warmup
Cardio Trim12/30
Classic Daily Bible Reading Plan65/366
✝ 90-day challenge54/90

Well, hello bees! Back from what feels like my longest break in posting since I joined the community. Life happened 😂 New chapter, new start. Took some important L's on my challenges.

I did some reconnecting with my motivations for exercising and taking care of my body. It was useful to remember something I got from Darebee content: it's about the journey and not the destination. Consistency is key.

I realized I was having difficulty remaining consistent. The barrier wasn't boredom, it was a matter of quantity. Meeting daily goals became a grind and was joylessly accomplished 😂

I've pared back to just a program. I'm relieved that my daily exercise requirements can now be accomplished in the morning, and the rest of the day is free. Freedom! LOL. It's funny how we can sometimes become the victim of our own decisions, but that's just the nature of conscious growth as a human. Part of the fun is not knowing our own limits 😜

Anyway, thanks for reading. And who knows, I'm still in an experimental phase, maybe more adjustments will be necessary.

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
I often find exercising a grind. I found going to work a grind but I still did it. I find brushing my teeth a bore but I still do it. Once I started exercising and moving out of my lothful ways, I realised that exercising and trying to keep my body healthy was as important as (and in many cases more than) other things that I found time and energy to do.
I also found, as with some other things that I have to do, that if I make it fun, I'm more likely to do it. So I hum the Rocky theme when punching; I make aeroplane noises with arm circles and holds (yes, that's my inner child coming out); and I often just have some sort of story playing out in my head while I'm doing things. And if you do some exercise you really want to do, that helps, too. Purpose is important.
In my view, it doesn't really matter how much you do, just so long as you do something and you feel good while/after doing it. And experimentation is fun.

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
I found it very useful to understand when to push and when to slow down, stop, clarify and start again.
It works for me not to be too rigid, to experiment and be ready to change on the fly without too many thoughts.
If you simply train because you like it and it makes you feel good, there's no need to have a rigid and mandatory training program, it's something you choose and you must like it :LOL:

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
In full-on move mode. Surrounded by avalanche of boxes. World: upside-down 😂
Will return to the hive one day, but this bee is out for now. Stay strong! 💪

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
Hi! And thank you @Fremen @TheLibrarian @Tileenah @Laura Rainbow Dragon @JCU @TopNotch @Mamatigerj @Haleth @Mianevem @CODawn for the birthday wishes :)
I've been thinking about this community while getting myself back into the habit of daily exercise. So I thought I'd say hello.

Long story short: Move was successful. Family is happy. We're not exactly *in* our house yet but we should be come October. It's been a bit of a marathon trying to find the right fit for our family; but probably nothing surprising to any other Canadian who has dipped their toe in the housing market in the last couple years. A wild ride.

I really took for granted how much stability factors into sustaining my daily habits. I definitely kept them up for awhile on the road, a good month or so - but eventually *derped* off the wagon. Diet went off the rails too. Writing this now, those things are on rails again (definitely diet) thanks to a more stable living situation for the family and I.

As for exercise, I'm thanking my lucky stars that I have a paperback copy of Volume #4 of 100 No-equipment Workouts. So handy! Each day I flip a page and do whatever the workout is (just did Emergency) . My main goal right now is re-strengthening the exercise habit. On the whole, the workouts in this volume seem on the lighter side, so doing 2 daily is my stretch goal.

Well, that's it for now. I think I'll start visiting the forum more often, but probably won't start up this log again until the Fall/Winter. Wish me luck as I try to hold onto this wagon! 😅💪

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
Good to hear from you John! And good to hear the finish line of your moving marathon is in sight. The housing situation out there is challenging these days, for sure! (I'm stuck someplace I do not want to be because of it. But at least I have a roof over my head.)

Best wishes for keeping on track with your diet and exercise. Instability definitely challenges both. You are doing great!

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
:onfire: No Regrets completed :onfire:

Abnormally decent sleep last night + I voluntarily chose to do Level II of the workout today = connection?

Day 7/14 streak goal