Swashbuckling Under Neon Lights in a Grimdark Futuristic City with Tons of D20s

Sólveig

Pirate from Cabudare - Venezuela
Pronouns: She/Her
"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Bad day for working out. After the horror story my brother told us about his trek back to the country, I've been really anxious about it, so I took it upon myself to do some research to be ready and safe. The problem is that the villains upon that story have been in the back of my head for quite some time, up until the point that I had a nightmare featuring them that I still remember... with not so much detail, but with enough details. Anyway, this is the point where a little bit of knowledge became poisonous, because the more I started to get into it, and fascinated about it (mind you, I like true crime stuff because it makes me a better police procedural writer), the more I started to be terrified, up to the point in which I stopped Carbon & Dust almost at the end, because I was on the brink of a panic attack.

Of course, I got better after a while. For now, I'll be fine. But now I get why the Italians had such a bad reputation back in the early XX century thanks to the mafia. I just didn't know an international gang that was born here and it spread throughout South America was a thing until this month. And it's been going on for a while, but it didn't peak until 2020. So yeah, I'm confused, because I'm both fascinated and also terrified about it. Those dudes make up amazing bad guys, but the fact that they are real, and their M.O. combines cartel stuff with mafia stuff... I can't stress enough how spooky this is. Like I said, the more I learn about them...

At least I wrote tonight. I edited, actually. And I was done with editing, I think. The last thing I need to do is proofread the thing, and that's it. I'll carry on.

February 15th, 2023
Kickboxing: Day 117

Morning Routine:
:v: The Right Side + 10 Decline Push-ups
:v: Sól Salutation - LVL I +EC
:v: Daily Dare: 40 V-extensions +EC
Count: 1024 - 1020 +EC

Night Routine:
:v: Mani Salutation - 1 Set
:v: Five Rites
:v: Virasana Meditation
:v: Daily Gratitude
:v: Counting Victories
:x: Get to Bed on Time

Programs:
:v: Carbon & Dust: Chapter XIX* - I left the final circuit out
:v: Unbound: Day 17
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: 100 Burpees +EC
40 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: Less is More - LVL III +Megaset +Decline Push-ups and Planks
:v: DAREdice: 20 Jumping Jacks
:v: 1 minute Uttanasana w/Toe Reach
:x: Hamstring Stretch - 1 minute each stretch (+1 minute per side)
:v: Daily Walk
:x: Shuffle Dance! (#1, #2, #3)
:x: Belly Dance
Dancing Days: 2

Challenges:
:x: Daily Kicks: Day 16 | Day 17 | Day 18
Bucket List:
Warrior Abs

Writing progress:
:v: Nifty 350
:v: Furious 500
:v: Nightcap 200
:x: News Column 900 Max

:v: 1500 Words Daily!

Reading progress:

:x: Ringworld - 35%
:x: The Colour of Magic

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No sleight of hand, cardistry, or card magic
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
@PetiteSheWolf I've been going back and forth about it throughout the day. I should consider taking inspiration from that gang to take on several bad guys, both for my stories and games. Seriously, as terrifying they are, I can't help but be fascinated. If the police forces from everyone in South America manage to take them down, it'd be quite an achievement that I wouldn't mind seeing. Justice being served is always satisfying. That's why I love the Harry Bosch series.

E: There are minor Carbon & Dust spoilers here, so I'll hide them up. I just reminded something about this.

In Chapter XX, Sanctuaries are first introduced in the novel, which are exactly what it says: neutral territories. According to Sef, the Sanctuaries are rumored to be kept by space pirates and criminal clans. The real Venezuelan gang I'm talking about operates in a similar fashion. As I stated, they are as organized as the Cosa Nostra families, but they are also as brutal as the Colombian and Mexican cartels. Intimidation through what could be described as "medieval" methods, is their signature. They operate through ground borders, extorting people of whatever they can get from them. Look up Tren de Aragua on Google, and you'll find pages of results: news and analysis about them, they way they've become, and the nature of their crimes. They are mostly in Spanish. A word of caution though: some stories can be outright terrifying, and they are definitely not for the faint of heart. Their crimes can get very brutal. It's quite the rabbit hole.

When things don't go the way they are supposed to, you'll have to improvise. But, sometimes, there's nothing to do but go with the flow.

I'm saying this because I am killing the night routine. The water came, and we're still on it as I type this. My brother left the house today to visit more family on town, but he'll be back in a few days, so everything is going back to normal for a while. This also means there's no writing tonight, though I did draw a few generic maps of ships on a grid paper, and they are very generic. Good enough to spice them up each time I need to make a "dungeon" that takes place on a ship, which is the next "dungeon" that I have planned. Next thing is to draw some maps for more buildings, both for medieval and modern settings, because we'll take on Vampire: The Masquerade at one point.

No time for Burpees. The day was very short, and there's still house stuff to do. I couldn't play the guitar today.

February 16th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Balance Side Lunges +EC
Count: 1025 - 1021 +EC

Night Routine:
:x: Mani Salutation - 1 Set
:x: Five Rites
:x: Virasana Meditation

Programs:
:v: Carbon & Dust: Chapter XIX +No rest between sets | Chapter XX +No rest between sets
:v: Unbound: Day 18
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
:x: 100 Burpees +EC
:v: Ba Han Sheng Qi Gong: Vocation, Service, Remedy
:x: DAREdice: Unrolled
:x: 1 minute Uttanasana w/Toe Reach

Challenges:
:v: Daily Kicks: Day 16 | Day 17 | Day 18
Bucket List:
Warrior Abs

Writing progress:
:x: Nifty 350
:x: Furious 500
:x: Nightcap 200

:x: 1500 Words Daily!

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Drew a few ship maps for TTRPGs.

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Lots of writing, which was everything D&D for Sunday. I am going to write right now, I'm just a bit overwhelmed, and distracted even. I think I am bloating something way too much before even starting. I always forget to remember the lesson I've learned with TTRPGs, more so with GURPS than anything: less is more. The less mechanics you put at the beginning, the easier it is, and then you start progressing into more complexity.

What I'm talking about is a bunch of tables I am doing for a specific character. I just realized that I am overpreparing, and the majority of the stuff won't be needed until... well, maybe once a few months of story pass. I won't delete any of it, I'll just... put it on the comments to ignore it for a while, and once I need them back, I'll remove them from comments. See? This is why I love Markdown files. I can put text into commentary as metadata by writing a simple code, in the same way you use numerals (#) in Python to write comments. They serve the same purpose, and in Markdown, are ignored when compiling it to another filetype, like HTML, DOC or RTF through Pandoc, or PDF through Obsidian's built-in converter. Pandoc does PDF too, but I haven't installed the thing that I need for it yet.

I'm also getting a new idea for a very different kind of police procedural story, plus I am willing to bring back a story I did handwritten, edit it out (finally), and post it on Inkitt, because I don't think I can post it anywhere else. I thought about selling it first, but I prefer to gather up some followers first.

February 17th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Balance Leg Swings +EC
Count: 1026 - 1022 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Carbon & Dust: Chapter XXI +Full Burpees +No breaks between Push-ups
:v: Unbound: Day 19
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 20 Push-ups, 12 Jumping Jacks

Challenges:
:v: Daily Kicks: Day 19 | Day 20 | Day 21
Bucket List:
Warrior Abs
Everest

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I thought it'd be a more productive day, but I ended up fixing/recycling some of my old VtM characters and gathering them up on a Coterie of three in order to remember the way the ST system works. The Combat sucks, but the rest of it is actually very easy. Not only that, but because I was developing last night, I also went out to look for some information and sources about game design theory, TTRPG theory, and all of that boring stuff about mechanics, and this, and that...

Suffice to say that today was... a research day, I suppose? If it gets me writing, then I guess it was a victory, somehow. I skipped guitar again, and Burpees, but I couldn't escape them.

Everyone confirmed for tomorrow, so D&D tomorrow. I'll try to go to sleep earlier today so that I work out before gaming. I don't want to miss on my training tomorrow, now that my brother is back from town. Next Monday and Tuesday are Holidays anyway.

February 18th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 2 Minutes Elbow Clicks +EC
Count: 1027 - 1023 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Carbon & Dust: Chapter XXII +Full Burpees +No rest between sets
:v: Unbound: Day 20
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 12 Push-ups

Challenges:
:v: Daily Kicks: Day 22 | Day 23 | Day 24
Bucket List:
Warrior Abs
Everest

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
A skip too many. I spent most of the day sitting down. It was a TTRPG day. We played regular D&D 5e, but also a taste of Pathfinder. Since, for some weird reason, Archive of Nethys 2e doesn't work on my phone (1e and Starfinder do work fine; probably something to do with the code from 2e because it seems to be a "newer" interface), I had to convert a random beast from 5e into PF2e to make a mock fight from that. The 3-action system is allowing for a more tactical approach from the table. I'm also putting some home rules too. Spellcasting... sucks in PF2e, so I told the Wizard to use the 5e way instead, but use the Pathfinder spells. And, if there are spells in both system that share the same name, use the one that fits the most with the situation. This might sound that I'm allowing some power creep in, but let me tell you, this is the group in which I threw five buffed up guards (buffed up enough to make them from CR 1/8 to CR 1) in two different fights, plus six regular guards, and almost died in the process. And they almost died because I fudged some rolls in order to keep the fight fast, and make my players feel like the real protagonists to the stories. They are all, including my GMPC (which, I should mention, all of my rolls with the GMPC are seen by the players) on 4th Level; they can take those CR 1 buffed up guards far much better than they know. Power creep is always solved by knowing your players, knowing the strategies they apply, and thus make a challenging fight by exploiting their own weaknesses. It's always satisfying for me to see them pulling through a rough situation. Not only do they realize that they aren't as strong as the system allows them to be, but also keep making them think creatively to resolve some conflicts. They all know that I reward much more for unusual and very smart ways to overcome situations, especially on combat, over regular fisticuffs. And now they are finally taking advantage of Opportunity Attacks, since they always forget they have that reaction on 5e. Pathfinder, though, I'm seeing more tactical thought from them.

That's making me think to merge both systems. The combat from PF2e, but leave the rules of 5e. I think I'll do that on the next session as a try. I'll let them know that all bonus actions are 1 action, and spells that take 1 action to cast are now 2 actions. Movement is an action, so Dashing is no longer an action. And, of course, they can all make three attacks, but each attack will take a penalty of -5 for the second, and -10 for the third. Extra attack will give them... well, an extra attack. Maybe I'll remove the modifiers for that? I'll try it out this week. At the end of the day, each one of us feel more free with Pathfinder's combat rather than D&D's combat. As I said, there is a more tactical approach.

As for the story, I really loved the faces of my players when they realized a thousand years have passed since Campaign 1 when we started Pathfinder. Even the Wizard (who was still alive because he pretty much got soul trapped on the epilogue) lampshaded on the change of rules by saying in-game that the arcane energies have changed, somehow. He still has the Wild Magic curse that gave him the Tides of Chaos thing, but also the Wild Surge. I loved everyone's faces when I described how what was (originally) the main city from Campaign one turned into a Decopunk Victorian city, and how the new GMPC showed off that firearms are now mainstream in the world. And that's because of what they did in Campaign 1. The stuff from Guns & Gears is awesome. No one expected so much time has passed. Another thing that I loved was for the 5e Campaign that is current. They already knew the story was about a regicide and the consequences of said regicide, but they didn't realize that the king they just assassinated was not the bad guy from the story. My bet is that they are suspecting on someone else they tracked upon some letters the king kept within his dispatch. If they are going that way, they're in for a surprise to see that NPC isn't the bad guy either, even when I make it as plain as telling them they found a paiting of allegedly BBEG fishing red herrings. Single city campaigns are so much better than exploring an entire world.

Now, it's time to write, or attempt to write. Last night I did something, but it was a very short outline; less than 100 words. I don't know what to do tonight, though. I hope to do something good.

E: Three very shorts stories done last night, all of them in less than an hour, so it took me about... 90 minutes, give or take. I also outlined a new longer story, so it's pretty good. Most of these shorts don't seem to require a lot of editing. I know that one is almost done, with some proofreading needed on it.

February 19th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 2 Minutes Jumping Jacks +EC
Count: 1028 - 1024 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:x: Carbon & Dust: Chapter XXIII
:x: Unbound: Day 21
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
40 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 16 Full Burpees
:x: Daily Walk

Challenges:
:x: Daily Kicks: Day 25
Bucket List:
Warrior Abs
Everest

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I compensated for yesterday's skip by doing three chapters of Carbon & Dust. I did three mostly because I fell to the trap of "just one chapter more." I could have carried on if it wasn't because I was very, very tired. And I didn't do 100 Burpees today, otherwise I would have been feeling worst. But damn, I broke quite the sweat.

So many plot twists in so little time... It saddens me that it's about to end. The workouts aren't as great as I thought they would be, and there's less combat than I expected so far, which seems to be squeezed in as the program approaches to the end. But the story really makes up for it. Climbers are amongst the exercises I hate, yet it's motivating me to take the Everest challenge, which is why I put it on the bucket list. Now, I could go for one of those programs that I have on the least, or repeat Athena's Playbook with a plus. The plus means that I'll be adjusting some of the workouts to make them harder, as Athena's Playbook is pretty much the easiest LVL3 program. It was the very first program I finished that wasn't an addon (my first two programs were Epic 5 and <TOTALS>), so it would be good to be back to basics. This time, though, those Burpees will be Full Burpees... and maybe other variants, like Double or Triple Burpees. The Jump Knee-High is also a good add.

My intention is to go after High Gear and Power Cardio. I'm doing a disservice to my Burpees by not getting those two badges. But I need to prepare. Athena's Playbook doesn't have Push-ups, but my New Game+ on that will include them on Burpee days, that's for sure. If not, Daredice.

No writing as of yet, but I am planning on carry on with some police procedural. In fact, I actually wrote out four characters using the GURPS Ultra-Lite for those stories. I figured if I should do that, why not making it like an analog point and click adventure with the writing process? It's unorthodox, but it's a good way to keep me focused. Ultra-Lite gets rid of the complexity GURPS has, and I can make good situations that investigators can resolve with their correct toolkit of Attributes and Skills. I'll report on this later.

I don't think I'll write tonight. I tried, but I couldn't focus. I'll do it tomorrow, since I have a class, even if it is a holiday.

I did play the guitar today, though. Yesterday I broke my ring fingernail, so it's difficult to make any string I pluck with said finger sound as loud as the others. I did another unorthodox thing today, which is play with the pinky since that nail is just as long as the other. It was... very challenging, but somehow, I managed to play an entire song... albeit with a lot of stops. I know it's not out of the park to use the pinky, but it's such a rare thing to do... In fact, there are times in which I drop using the ring finger because it sounds very bright and metallic on songs that are meant to have a more soothing sound, which is why I favor index and middle finger the most. Even with the Tárrega's #10 Study I find myself doing that, but I always go on rounds in which I incorporate it. There are only two songs in which I don't use the ring finger: Saltarello, and Spanish Romance.

February 20th, 2023
Kickboxing: Day 118

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Supergirl Stretch Hold +EC
Count: 1029 - 1025 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Carbon & Dust: Chapter XXIII +No rest between sets +1 kg weights on Lunges | Chapter XXIV +Megaset | Chapter XXV +Full Burpees
:v: Unbound: Day 21
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: WoD: High Burn - LVL III +Megaset
:v: Monday +EC
:v: DAREdice: 16 Full Burpees (Yes, I rolled 16 Burpees again)

Challenges:
:v: Daily Kicks: Day 25 | Day 26 | Day 27
Bucket List:
Warrior Abs
Everest

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
More Speed Study. Tried to use the pinky finger on my right hand and somehow didn't fail miserably, but it wasn't a win either.

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.

DOMS. I woke up with DOMS on my thighs. The Lunges were too powerful. And I'm trapped in the "just one more chapter" again. I could have carried on if it wasn't because a floof ball wanted attention, so I gave him attention. I don't know how to work out when I'm dogsitting a puppy, so I played with him. When I was done dogsitting, I couldn't carry on, even though I was still immersed into it. Seriously, the immersion is better than Pathfinder's and Age of Pandora's. I love the idea of working out through the story, and is much less bulky than Spellbound. My only issues are some exercises, but that complain seems petty now that I almost finished the whole thing today.

Speaking of, I also wrote. It was my next D&D session, and the notes from last session, but it was enough to go on. I already know that I'll be making a sandbox in a style that's more akin to Mass Effect and Dragon Age than The Elder Scrolls, in the fact that the players will choose the quest, and the entire session will relay on that quest. The overarching plot will happen on the background, because the entire story came to be about identifying an ellusive person. The red herring. The players are in for something when they find out the red herring isn't the BBEG again. Of course, the stakes aren't going to be "fighting God" again, but actually preventing that fight to happen in the first place. I don't plan out to have the campaing ending at 4th tier; I'd like it to end at 12th level, tops. We are almost at 5th, and this is through XP gain, not milestones. Milestones is the Urban Fantasy campaign.

So far, average day. I'm still counting some victories, but there's still stuff to do. And I can write tonight since I'm not as tired as yesterday. I'm just in pain. DOMS. They'll be over soon. It's been a while since the last time I had DOMS.

February 21st, 2023
Kickboxing: Day 119

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 20 Push-ups +EC
Count: 1030 - 1026 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Carbon & Dust: Chapter XXVI +Megaset | Chapter XXVII +No rest between sets (both circuits) | Chapter XXVIII* +No rest between sets (first circuit) * Unfinished
:v: Unbound: Day 22 | Day 23
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 8 Push-ups

Challenges:
:x: Daily Kicks: Day 28
Bucket List:
Warrior Abs
Everest

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Seems like my other nails decided to be in the same team as my ring fingernail. Thankfully this happened after class

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"

New workout unlocked. Finished Carbon & Dust today, and I'll have to say, I was quite satisfied with the ending, even though Sef drinking an obviously spiced drink was completely out of character for them (I'll die on this hill; Sef's gender is the same as the person doing the program, so is a she in my case), but hey, the fact that they got to be pretty much in the same Superhero position as the Doomslayer at the end of DooM Eternal... I love that!

I also finished the Daily Kicks challenge, which... wasn't as daily as I thought I'd do it. So, there's only Unbound for now. I'll start a new challenge and Athena's Playbook+ next month. The plus symbol means that I'll make some exercises harder, as I said before. For instance, instead of Basic Burpees, I'll do Full Burpees, or even a harder variation of Burpees. I'll modify on the spot and record any changes. I'm still planning to do Bootcamp and Shadowbound, but I'd like to try out Power Cardio and High Gear first. Burpees, of course.

Not so much of writing today, as it was mostly a day of wasting time... Or, at least, some waste of time. I should remember that the Renaissance masters worked on short stuff while they did the long stuff, so I need to do that with my writing. I just hate that I always end up long stuff, or serials. I need to keep myself in check about that. Besides, editing is something that I'm lazier than writing, and I can't leave that to someone else as of now. No funds to hire an editor.

I'll figure something out. I still need to finish my next D&D session too, but this won't be so much of a chore as there aren't any homebrew baddies that I plan to have. Only a few NPCs, but they are all commoners, and don't require a roleplaying card.

E: For anyone looking forward to do Carbon & Dust, listen to this while you read / train:

February 22nd, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Reverse Angels +EC
Count: 1031 - 1027 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Carbon & Dust: :completed: Chapter XXVIII +No rest between sets (second circuit) | Chapter XXIX +No rest between sets | Chapter XXX +Megaset +No breaks between push-ups +No breaks between climbers +No breaks between burpees :star:
Workout Unlocked! - SEF
Up Next: Athena's Playbook+

:v: Unbound: Day 24
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 8 Lunges

Challenges:
:v: Daily Kicks: :completed: Day 28 | Day 29 | Day 30 :star:
Up Next: Warrior Abs
Bucket List:
Everest

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Mandatory rest day. I needed it because... well, doing three Carbon & Dust chapters in a row is very tiring, more so when the only rest I took was to read the story. It was worsened when I had to sit down and stand up after a single line. Nevertheless, the DOMS were less intense today, so I focused only on Qi Gong, and doing some homework.

I've been thinking about the Renaissance figures, and thought about killing two birds with one stone. While I work with the big stuff, I can both learn new TTRPG systems at the same time as I use them to write shorts. I mean, all I need is a character sheet. In fact, with GURPS Ultra Lite I actually managed to put quick stats of four characters, and that's it. I don't even need to roll for their abilities while writing; I just know whether they'll succeed at tasks, or they require more things to do. It's pretty much making a point and click puzzle, so that instead of relying on an RNG, I can think creatively and come up with different solutions, favoring either the most dramatic one, the most obvious one, or whichever works best for that.

So yeah, I think this will be good.

I thought I'd write today, but so far there hasn't been any chance, or at least, something that wasn't mechanics. Since it was a mandatory rest day, I fell asleep, and then picked up some mechanics, started homebrewing stuff...

Before I knew it, it was time for Qi Gong. And now, my workout has been carrying water inside, because the water just came. It's almost past midnight, and we're still struggling with it.

I hope I can write something real tonight, but I don't have too much of high hopes for that.

February 23rd, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Pacer Steps +EC
Count: 1032 - 1028 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:x: Waiting: Athena's Playbook+
:x: Unbound: Day 25
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: Ba Han Sheng Qi Gong: Vocation, Service, Remedy
:v: DAREdice: 8 Squats

Challenges:
:x: Waiting: Warrior Abs
Bucket List:
Everest

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
@Matan Thanks! :welcome:

Is not like I didn't do Burpees yesterday. I actually did the SEF workout. Of course, I don't count it as Burpees, but there were 100 of them. I did it at Level II, with Full Burpees instead of Basic Burpees. I also rolled the DAREdice, but I forgot to do the workout. It was 8 Push-ups, so I'll do it today.

Other than that, it was a great day for writing, and playing the guitar. Still D&D, but it was quite productive. My session is almost complete; I just need to do a couple of quests and that's it. Thankfully, there's no need to homebrew. And, as I stated before, I can do a session the day before. I just spread the work throughout the week this time instead.

I'll work on it right now. I have Burpees to do today too, and a lot of writing. I'm excited for today, and I don't know why.

February 24th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Climber Taps +EC
Count: 1033 - 1029 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:x: Waiting: Athena's Playbook+
:v: Unbound: Day 25
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: SEF - LVL II +EC +Full Burpees
:x: DAREdice: 8 Push-ups

Challenges:
:x: Waiting: Warrior Abs
Bucket List:
Everest

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Memory practice. Speed Study, mostly. I almost forgot Saltarello

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Today could've been a Kickboxing day. I had plans: lots of lowerbody workouts, Street Fighter for Combat, and some stretching. Sadly, all I could do was the lowerbody workouts.

I spent the entire day struggling to write as I had many distractions (though I did some advancement), only to then be cancelled for tomorrow, so there's no D&D. Good, because it gives me extra time to work. Bad because now I felt I wasted a lot of the day. Nevertheless, I reworked everything so that tomorrow will be a stretching day, and I'll leave Kickboxing for Monday. I'll try SEF again on Wednesday, this time on Level III. This will be hard, considering that Athena's Playbook+ will begin also on Wednesday.

Is not like it wasn't an unactive day, though. At first, I didn't want to go to a party, but I decided to go at the last minute. Near the end of it, there was something that was upsetting us: building materials left out in the open, pretty much calling for anyone to steal them. What could have been a combat day turned into a strength day, as I took the opportunity to try to do weighted Squats and Farmer's Walks carrying blocks from one place to another. Two cement blocks, one on each hand, 30 steps... I don't remember how many I carried, but it was more than 20. Suffice to say is that it was a lot of unexpected work. There was no dancing at this party, only lifting. I bet @oneironaut would have enjoyed it.

I'll be adding the 1-Minute Plank Challenge to the list, but I'll do it at 2 minutes instead. I already did it at 1 minute. I actually need the planks after doing my last plank on Carbon & Dust, and I realized that 1 minute isn't enough, but 2 minutes is making me struggle a bit. Maybe I should go with it daily permanently too, almost like Burpees? I mean, it does take less time: 2 minutes. Burpees take 10 minutes, tops.

February 25th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 20 One-arm Plank Jump-ins +EC
Count: 1034 - 1030 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:x: Athena's Playbook+: Starting on March
:v: Unbound: Day 26
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: Power Squat
:v: Epic Glutes +EC
:v: Glutes, Quads, Hamstrings & Calves
:v: DAREdice: 8 Clapping Push-ups, 8 One-Armed Push-ups

Challenges:
:x: 2-Minute Plank: Starting Tomorrow
:x: Warrior Abs: Starting on March
Bucket List:
Everest

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
No writing today, and I thought I would. Not only I overslept, but also killed the mood for writing, plus it was... not a good day to do so? Too much distractions, and too much action around the house. It's very late, and there's still action here.

I guess there won't be anything for tonight. Tomorrow will be different, I hope. I do hope that I get to do what I wanted to do yesterday.

At least it wasn't a complete waste. I played the guitar. Not practiced, just played the instrument. Some random bits that I already know, and stuff. Less about dedication and more about repeating things I already know. At least it keeps me active.

I don't know how come this was a boring day and at the same time it was stressful.

February 26th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Elbow Strikes +EC
Count: 1035 - 1031 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Unbound: Day 27 | Day 28 | Day 29
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees

Challenges:
:v: 2-Minute Plank: Day 1
Bucket List:
Everest

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I only did very little today. It got busy, chaotic, and unplanned. But, I managed to do Street Fighter again. I didn't remember the 30 Seconds EC, and I did it with EC. I thought I didn't have enough resistance to endure it, but I did. The workout still does its thing.

Also, Unbound finished. Claimed the badge. Now, it's time for Athena's Playbook+... in a couple of days.

February is pretty much over. I'm ticking it off because now the real job begins. Depending on how this week and next week goes, I might go through some life changes. Whatever happens doesn't depend on me, really. All I'm doing is waiting for stuff to happen.

If I write tonight, I'll edit this post. If I didn't, well, I'll try tomorrow.

February 27th, 2023
Kickboxing: Day 120

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Elbow Strikes +EC
Count: 1036 - 1032 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Unbound: :completed: Day 30 :star:
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 12 Lunges
:v: Fighter's Warmup
:v: Street Fighter - LVL III +EC
:v: Fighter's Stretching +EC

Challenges:
:v: 2-Minute Plank: Day 2
Bucket List:
Everest

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Stuff was written last night, hence I didn't post. I got so engrossed that I lost track of everything.

I committed myself to carry on with it right now, after my morning workouts. So, I'm posting, doing the DD, and going back to it.

I didn't realize I skipped the planks until I saw the spreadsheet. Damnit, now I'm starting over. Self-imposed challenge. I think it's better that way considering there's a new month coming.

I don't know why I woke up with DOMS, though. I didn't do much yesterday.

February 28th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 2 Minutes Chest Expansions +EC
Count: 1037 - 1033 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: Hamstring Stretch - 1 minute each stretch (+1 minute per side)

Challenges:
:x: 2-Minute Plank: Starting over now
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Guitar class

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Two times in which I go beyond 1.5K, plus I also dumped out every little idea that I have in a couple of neat Markdown files so that I won't be attacked by recurrent plot bunnies. Feels good to have them all laid out. Whenever I please, I can go and pick them up. Some of them are ideas that I can recycle.

I also planned to do SEF, but... too many Burpees. 184 was enough. 100~140 more was overkill. Athena's Playbook is significantly harder once you add the missing Push-ups, or put Full Burpees.

I also punished the DAREdice to the dice jail. The Push-ups came up so often that it felt like ten natural 1s in a row.

E: I forgot to say that I also did Qi Gong.

March 1st, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 2 Minutes Half Jacks +EC
Count: 1038 - 1034 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Athena's Playbook+: Day 1 - LVL III +Full Burpees +1 minute rest +Rest between levels
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: Qi Gong: Huo - Fire Ideogram
:v: Splits +EC
:v: DAREdice: 20 Push-ups and straight to Dice Jail

Challenges:
:v: 2-Minute Plank: Day 1
:v: Warrior Abs: Day 1
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
@Tileenah Thanks, but 184 Burpees in a day is not my PB. I think it got lost in the old Hive, but it was more than that. Check this:

At LVL III, that adds up to 200 Burpees. I've done this workout before, with its respective EC. I think my current PB is a little, tiny bit above that, like... 210 to 220 Burpees in a day.

I don't recommend this workout until you've finished, at the very least, the Impact challenge. It requires a lot of stamina to do it even at LVL I! I almost died on my first time!

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Well, another day of... "wasting" time. I mean, I wrote, but it was too little, and most of my work bulk came with D&D. And the water came, so... maybe I'll have the chance to write something. A short? I don't know. I don't want to edit, though. My brain can't think logically enough to edit right now.

Found a couple of tabletop games that are incomplete. Already took the pieces because they might work as tokens for TTRPGs, plus 3D6. I've been using them to generate different Ability Scores with the OSR style of rolling 3D6 and writing those scores in the stat block in order for each ability. My favorite so far are a Barbarian that had a significant roll in STR and CON (both in 17), and a Sorcerer with a score of 4 in DEX, and everything else is average, with CHA being the highest one, at 15.

Not so much of workouts today because the time was very shortened. Water, Qi Gong, visits... Yeah, it was whatever.

March 2nd, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 2 Minutes Side Splits +EC
Count: 1039 - 1035 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Athena's Playbook+: Day 2 - LVL III +1 minute rest +Rest between levels
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: 100 Side Kicks
:v: Ba Han Sheng Qi Gong: Conversion
:x: DAREdice: Thrown in the Dice Jail so they can think about what they've done.

Challenges:
:v: 2-Minute Plank: Day 2
:v: Warrior Abs: Day 2
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Not posting last night. I thought I'd be writing, but I only managed to get 75 words, and that's it. It was a stressful day for some weird reason, like I just woke up, in the mood for writing, and felt like I had one of the worst headaches ever. But there was no pain at all. It was exactly like having a headache, but without the headache.

I'm not experiencing that right now. It was only a thing of yesterday, and frankly, I think I'll scrap everything I've done for Sunday's D&D session too. I realized that I'm accelerating the story way too much for the time it has happened, and I may require to go linear for a moment. I'll fix that in a moment; I have no trouble fixing it.

It wasn't a productive day, but there were some advancements. Since I'm moving out from this bedroom to another one, I already placed the piano on it to see the layout, and I like the layout I have in mind. All I need now is to change a couple of outlets. They aren't in bad conditions, I just don't like them. Plus, I could use an extra outlet so that I don't have to charge my phone in another room.

I think moving the piano got me back again in the music mood. To try out the outlets, I stayed in the room and played the piano for a bit. Now, I just finished installing MilkyTracker, and I have two pieces of software for making music in my computer (I'm not counting MuseScore on that). So, I installed it, and... now what?

Am I going to produce three electronic music genres now? Synthwave, Phonk, and 8-bit/16-bit Amiga Tracker Music? I don't know. All I know is that I have these two pieces of software, and I don't know what to do with them, nor I have tried to do something. Well, that's a lie, I did try to do something, but I always end up quitting after ten minutes, thinking that I'm bad at it.

March 3rd, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 50 Reverse Plank Kicks +EC
Count: 1040 - 1036 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Athena's Playbook+: Day 3 +2 Kgs. Weights +No rest between sets +No rest between exercises
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 20 Jumping Jacks

Challenges:
:v: 2-Minute Plank: Day 3
:v: Warrior Abs: Day 3
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Tested a couple of outlets by playing some scales and Jazz Cat on the piano. Very basic stuff.

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Tired of nothing again. I'm blank. D&D is not cancelled, but I'm stepping down from the GM screen for this session. All I managed to do was to put in place a couple of months of downtime that will kickstart a few ideas. With the help of the table, and asking again what do they expect from that campaign, I can have a few quests in order for next session. For now, another person from the group will GM.

Aside from that, I'm tired of nothing. There are attempts of writing, but nothing is coming out. A mild headache too. It's that odd place again, the one where I have the idea, the outline, the everything... and yet I can't put in place a good word.

Maybe I'll try harder at the cost of the headache getting worst.

I skipped training, and this wasn't on my own volition. There was a meeting at the non-profit today, and I didn't find out until the hour before. As usual, they last for pretty long, and I came back home after dark. Truth being told, I'm feeling apathic. A break is not in order. Being immersed in writing is what I need.

Let's do some flash fiction to see if I can get out of it now.

E: There was some writing done.

March 4th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 2 Minutes Shoulder Taps +EC
Count: 1041 - 1037 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Athena's Playbook+: Day 4
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 20 Sit-ups

Challenges:
:v: 2-Minute Plank: Day 4
:v: Warrior Abs: Day 4
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
D&D day. A day with two sessions in which we carried on a campaing that started a long time ago as a filler for those moments in which we had extra time and nothing else to do before going back to our places. The first one was my campaign, which was nothing but a short session focused on Downtime that helped a bit with the worldbuilding. A character took a decision, and the dice rolled a very high number, so the consequences of it will be very, very high. Not only that, but the session ended with a player making the big mistake of using Invisibility as if it was Greater Invisibility, and due to that now I have a kickstarted for our next session: a prison break. Luckily this will give a way to introduce her replacement. He already created him by my order, as I told everyone to create replacements in case they die, since there's no plot armor for this. I told them to make them only as roleplaying cards, so that their character sheets will be filled in once they fill up the missing spot from the deceased hero before them. I'm not going through the similar thing I did for the first campaign on creating a bunch of sidekicks that would work as our companions, but the logic of being a company of mercenaries (or, in this case, a secret society of revolutionaries) is something that I recycled for this, since they share the same name in-universe. Therefore, the roleplaying cards would help to identify their class and personality, and will be introduced and joined into the society, working primarily as contacts on the background instead of companions.

The other campaign isn't mine. I'm a player on that one, and it's a bit fun. I forgot some little details that were very major about it, but I played my mistakes right. I'm glad I picked Guild Artisan for my background, though, that feat proved more useful than I thought.

Water came. We finished a while ago. I did my workouts, but I didn't do everything I wanted to do. Which is fine, I guess. I'll do things tomorrow. It'll be a Burpee day, most likely. For now, I'm content to do some writing before bed.

March 5th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 2 Minutes Balance Hold +EC
Count: 1042 - 1038 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Athena's Playbook+: Day 5 - LVL III +Megaset
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 20 Squats

Challenges:
:v: 2-Minute Plank: Day 5
:v: Warrior Abs: Day 5
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Forgot to post last night. Here I am then. I don't have time to tell anything. It's been a very busy day, and today's the same.

March 6th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 10 Cross Tricep Extensions +EC
Count: 1043 - 1039 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:x: Athena's Playbook+: Day 6
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:x: DAREdice: Unrolled

Challenges:
:v: 2-Minute Plank: Day 6
:v: Warrior Abs: Day 6
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
I did a drawing, but I didn't finish it due to a lack of time

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I caught something that left me bedridden from Tuesday until today, so I didn't do anything but recovering. Not only that, but the powercuts are back, and this time they are dangerous. The power cord from our modem died after the power came back on Tuesday night, so we were left without Internet until today. There was also a powercut in the middle of the night, plus some weird power surges. I don't even want to know what's going on.

I feel better today, but not well enough to return to the workouts. I thought I'd do Athena's Playbook's Day 6, but I don't even dare to do the DDs I missed. I'm taking a break until I feel completely fine, which will probably be tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. After that, everything will return to normal.

March 7th, 2023
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Jumping Lunges +EC
Count: 1044 - 1040 +EC

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Alright, I've recovered. I still have some congestion, but now I'm no longer in bed, and I can do stuff... carefully, that is. I almost had a cramp doing yoga, which was a first time for me.

I'm not doing anything related to cardio until I'm clear with the cough... unless I want to stop every 8 seconds. That's out of the question now. The hardest thing I'll be doing for this weekend is walking. But anyway, I'm back on schedule, and I'm also writing again... though I'm not continuing with what I left off. Not yet anyway. Yesterday was a very cold and rainy day. It was difficult to operate like normal under those conditions after getting out of disease. Today there's no rain, and the sun came out a couple of times. It's a bit warmer, but it's still a cold day. I can't do much.

March 9th, 2023:
:v: Ba Han Sheng Qi Gong: Conversion

March 10th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 2 Minutes Side Elbow Plank +EC | 60 Seconds Squad Hold Calf Raises +EC | 5 Minutes Raised Arms Hold +EC
Count: 1047 - 1043 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Athena's Playbook+: Day 6
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
:x: DAREdice: Unrolled until recovery

Challenges:
:x: 2-Minute Plank: Day 7
:x: Warrior Abs: Day 7
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
I've been checking out LMMS.

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Wrote a 600 words short and that's it. I spent most of the day still recovering while struggling with LMMS- no, struggling with myself. LMMS is no guilty about this. In fact, I think the conservatory did dirty on me with this one. This is probably just me, but I guess I'm more of an arranger than a composer? Like, I can't write a melody. I couldn't, at all. And whatever I came up with... it was difficult to fit on the program without making it sound so... robotic.

I just need some practice with it. I shouldn't get frustrated by that, but at least I finally identified the problem. I guess this is what happens when the last thing you did creatively were harmony and counterpoint exercise in which the bass or the melody was already given to work on. No wonder why I have troubles improvising with any instrument. I need more practice. Practice, practice, and practice.

I don't want to keep writing for the rest of the night. I think I've exhausted the creative energy today, especially after fixing an issue with our ongoing campaign that I didn't know I had the solution until I read a character's backstory, a task that I've put off all the time because... uh... how should I say this? The names that this player came up with for some factions and places are very cringy, some characters are a blatant ripoff of something that already exists, and the redaction is so horrible it makes me want to peel my eyes to never read again. Give me some credit, please, I am not being judgemental to him because, obviously, he is not a writer, and I understand that. And it's a game, there's no need to take it seriously. But the way it's written... it just makes everything more noticeable, and it is hard to digest.

I swallowed my pride and said "screw this. In table, I'll place better names for all of that, and leave these as placeholders." It's difficult to take off the writer's hat because, well, you've seen it. When it comes with literature, whether the good, the bad, or the ugly, I always become as judgemental as Gordon Ramsay. So after writing that 600 short, even though it was a first draft, I could feel my brain uttering the words "finally, some good f*cking food!"

When I start editing that, I'd be calling myself a lot of insults revolving doughnuts and donkeys, that's for sure. Then again, it's raw. I can't make a story tartare.

March 11th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 50 Plank Leg Raises +EC
Count: 1048 - 1044 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:x: Athena's Playbook+: Day 7
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:

Challenges:
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
I am understanding how LMMS works, and the genres that I plan to work with, even sketched out a plan for a song. I just can't make melodies for the love of me.

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I can't tell whether I'll write tonight or not. Probably not. It was a D&D day, and I think it could've been more fun. Being sick makes it a bit hard to play (even more to DM), and the 5e Companion App broke on me. I'm still trying to level up a character since we managed to level up today.

Not much else to say. Still rainy days, still cold days... I'd be more appreciative for them were not because they don't help me to recover faster. But hey, at least I'm coughing less now.

I'll do a Burpee test tomorrow to see if I manage to get to 100. But, of course, first will come the Monday workout. If I can do that with no issue, then I'll try the Burpees. And if I do them, then I'll carry on with everything else: Warrior Abs, Athena's Playbook... back at usual. Slowly. As soon as I cough, I'll stop and keep on resting, and then I'll try again tomorrow. I'm tired of not moving.

March 12th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 50 Single Leg Bridges +EC
Count: 1049 - 1045 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:x: Athena's Playbook+: Day 7
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:

Challenges:
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I'm almost on the clear. I skipped the Burpees because I started coughing as soon as I finished Monday. Nevertheless, I'm back at it, carrying it on with where I left off. Good, because I am missing the movement, and it is getting hard to come back after a week break. Becoming lazy is easier than become active. I should know that. They say three is the magic number, and it just so happens that on my third try of losing weight is when I managed to train constantly, and I haven't stopped since. The only exceptions is illness, and so far there's been like... two or three, counting this one.

I also drew today, which was unexpected. I was quite bored at the non-profit, and since I had my stuff, I figured why not. Yeah, why not drawing the small stuff that's hard? Specific parts like lips, hands and feet were always difficult, so it was a good time to fill up a page with as many sketches of those as I could, trying to make them better on different angles. I couldn't fill the page, and I think I've done better, but it's cool to have been busy, and to break the routine. I still need to do portraits of my D&D characters. That Tiefling Bard that's an NPC in our current campaign (and the replacement shall my Paladin meet her demise) is intriguing me.

I haven't written as of yet. It's been an overall lazy day. Ironic, considering that I'm coming back.

E: Stuff was written last night!

March 13th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Navasana +EC
Count: 1050 - 1046 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Athena's Playbook+: Day 7 +No rest between sets +No rest between exercises
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
:x: DAREdice: Pending

Challenges:
:v: 2-Minute Plank: Day 7
:v: Warrior Abs: Day 7
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Practiced sketching some parts that I have a hard time with

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Not going to write tonight. I'm actually going to bed early as I have a couple of things to do tomorrow morning.

I am on the clear. There's still some minor cough, but it is not crippling. I couldn't do Burpees today due to time constraints, but I did manage to do the pending exercises that I had with the DAREdice last week that I couldn't do because that's when I became bedridden.

I'll see what can I do tomorrow. Burpees are guaranteed, though. Athena's Playbook demand them. And I think I should go to the good ol' chopping block too:

March 14th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 3 Minutes Wall-sit +EC
Count: 1051 - 1047 +EC

Night Routine:
:v: Get to Bed on Time

Programs:
:v: Athena's Playbook+: Day 8 - LVL III +Megaset
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 12 Full Burpees w/Jump Knee-Tuck, 12 Sit-ups

Challenges:
:v: 2-Minute Plank: Day 8
:v: Warrior Abs: Day 8
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Guitar class

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
It's becoming annoying to get distracted after 500 words of progress. And I'm not sure if I can carry on.

I'm posting.

It was hard to workout. The cough doesn't seem to be wanting to go away, but it is less and less violent. I'm pacing myself so that I don't die. Burpees at LVL I instead of III.

Tomorrow will be another day.

March 15th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 50 Alt Arm / Leg Raises +EC
Count: 1052 - 1048 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Athena's Playbook+: Day 9 - LVL III +Megaset +Full Burpees
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
120 Full Burpees / Death By Burpees - LVL I +EC
:v: WoD: Misfit - LVL III +EC
:v: DAREdice: 10 Lunges

Challenges:
:v: 2-Minute Plank: Day 9
:v: Warrior Abs: Day 9
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Too tired to do anything last night. Posting today.

Not much to say.

March 16th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 50 Twist Lunges +EC
Count: 1053 - 1049 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Athena's Playbook+: Day 10 - LVL III +Megaset
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: Ba Han Sheng Qi Gong: Senses, Feelings, Meaning
:v: DAREdice: 10 Jumping Jacks

Challenges:
:v: 2-Minute Plank: Day 10
:v: Warrior Abs: Day 10
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Success! I managed to break out of the 500 block, and now I almost reached to 1500 words before getting tired from it. I'm finally back from the sickness, and now I'm ready to keep up the good work.

Not only that, but we also cancelled D&D for this week, and the next. The entire party couldn't make it on Sunday, and next Sunday is a busy day for me, so I have two more weeks to prepare the next session.

Workout was pretty good, though the Burpees were very tiring. This is what happens when I stop doing them for a week: they get harder. I'll get back to it eventually. Is not like I stopped doing them for more than three months.

March 17th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 50 Climber Taps +EC
Count: 1054 - 1050 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Athena's Playbook+: Day 11 +2 Kgs Weight +No rest between sets +No rest between exercises
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: Maximum Burn - LVL III +Megaset
:v: DAREdice: 20 Push-ups

Challenges:
:v: 2-Minute Plank: Day 11
:v: Warrior Abs: Day 11
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress: