Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Today
Posture Day 24 :v:
Zero Hero Day 14, L2, in one :v:

Food :star::star::star:
Steps GoogleFit 3282 / Fitbit app 2321 / EasyFit pedometer app -

Workout streak: 34

March steps? 120? Umm okay... I lost count around 110 and kept going for about as long again.

Stomped around in the cold playing PokéGO. Also installed the Fitbit app so that I can still compete w/my Pokémon friend, who's having a tendon issue and has to pause.
Speaking of... my Achilles tendon is better but still not 100% okay. I'm walking distances at my limit and it's not a lot. Poo.

I am quite grumpy today.

Last edited:

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Today
Posture Day 25 :v:

Food :star::gstar::gstar:
Steps GF 1115 / FB 984*

Workout streak: 35

* logged against Sunday? what goes on, Fitbit.
That was me hobbling across the street (well, via the crossing) to get pizza, tendon complaining the whole way. It was cold though and I was wearing thin shoes.
Tomorrow will be busy again, ho hum.

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Sunday
Food :star::gstar::star:
Steps GF 6280 / FB 7011*
Workout streak: 35

Monday
Posture Day 26 :v:
Food :star::star::gstar:
Steps -
Workout streak: 36

Today
Posture Day 27 :v:
Steps 2438 / 2967
Workout streak: 37

* I was out of the house all day. We walked a good distance to get dinner, which Fitbit registered but GFit somehow did not? What goes on. And yet, it's only 800 steps lower (we walked more), so FB obviously undercounting something. Do I need to get a tracker and stop wearing my watch, sigh (real answer, I don't have the bandwidth to sort this out yet, I'll continue to whine meanwhile, sorry.)

Last edited:

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Today
Posture Day 30 :v: :completed:
Steps -
Workout streak: 39

uhh. more family news, more trips away from home to sort through someone's home, I'm so tired already.
I need a new challenge, or to finish Zero Hero, or... something.
I deleted my Fitbit account, it really seems to be defective in some way. I'll deal with that another time.
Really very low on bandwidth but I will try my best to keep my streak going at least! Can you imagine how proud I will be after I tick off a year or more DESPITE all this nonsense going on?

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Thank you very much @Tileenah @TopNotch @BetaCorvi @NancyTree @TheLibrarian @Fremen @HellYeah! It's so nice to come back to supportive messages.

So... I went to my sister's on Friday and we drove to my mother's apartment on Saturday to begin clearing it out.
Step 1: make it liveable. Step 2: get rid of obvious trash. Step 3: try our best to clear even one room.
Final score: bathroom done, hallway 3/4 done, kitchen 1/2 done.

No lie, I cleaned three kitchens over the weekend, WTF. I also took more supportive roles - driving, cooking, shopping, etc. so my sister could focus on a) visiting our mother and making her comfortable, and b) making decisions.
We now have until the end of May to get everything out, stored, distributed, sold, recycled or thrown out, so there will be quite a few more weekends (and longer periods) like this.

I changed my meal plan to fit what was available and what my sister eats - unexpected consequence, my digestion got better(??!) so I may need to rethink my mostly plant-based plan as well, how annoying! (Well, it's all data, I guess...)
and I did not find the time or the space to work out, although overall of course we were very active.

I've been trying to figure out what I should do for the next three months so that I can make progress on my goals and stay healthy, but not create extra stress when I'm unable to stick to plans, habits and workout streaks. With my work and life admin, I'm resigned to doing as much as I can when I can, so maybe a similar approach? I think I'll just report what I manage to do... and try to get out for walks on desk work days, as long as my tendon doesn't get too sore again.

At least there's no family stress (yet?): my sister and I are a good team and there's positive contact with one of our brothers. Please wish us luck in getting through this with everyone's sanity intact!

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Tendons are slow, improvement is almost imperceptible. I take walks anyway.
Spent the weekend at my sister's / mother's, lots of driving, lots of tidying. Flat-hunting.
Google Fit recorded 17500 steps for the week, no idea if that's accurate, but it's above the 11250 from the week before.

Today I picked up my shiny new passport, hooray!

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Today
Five Rites, 11 reps :v:
Zero Hero Day 15, L2, 2min :v:

Plank Day, urgh. I had to take long breaks and modify a lot, my wrists and shoulders weren't into this.

I'm so stressed and certain important things are out of my control, hence back to exercise.
I also seem to be waking up early in the morning these days, how rude.

Last edited:

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Another weekend away from home - this time, flat-hunting with my sister's flat as a base. Potentially successful, I should hear soon.
It would be good if I figured out some sort of workout I can do anywhere, these breaks are not good.

Last week
Steps: 14250 (prev. 17500)
Lots on Saturday but not enough on other days

Today
7k steps due to morning walk (aka "parking the car, taking coffee and music, enjoying the birds") plus walking to the supermarket

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Today
Five Rites, 11 reps :v:
Zero Hero Day 17, L2, 1 min :v:

Yesterday, I just focused on other tasks (but also found a pocket of hyperfocus on something inconsequential that I couldn't move past)
Today? Again I tried to do my tasks, but I'm waiting to hear about TWO apartments and the wait is a struggle. I just want to KNOW so I can prioritise and plan.

Anyway. Running ("butt kicks") is not my fave. I can do it I guess? But it never feels good and I'd rather do just about anything else.

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Today
Five Rites, 15 reps :v:

To add to the batshittery, my best client has sent through the biggest translation of the year so far - due in by 7 April. WELL OKAY THEN.
Still no apartment, but I've arranged transport and storage so I can leave this one on time, this Friday.
Then ??? stay with family I guess, might just go ahead to my mother's, which we are clearing out 7-16 April, then recommence the hunt afterwards. That place is ours until end May, so I'll have a place to sleep at least.

In case you were wondering where I'd got to.

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Hello everyone, I am coming back!

The last three months have been crazy, I don't know if I should write all that down, but for now - I'm in a new home (that I need to finish furnishing and unpacking). There's a lot to do and I've decided I'm starting by making sure my habits are on track: so I'm going to pick a spot for exercise and restart Zero Hero, and this morning I'm redoing my meal plan as well.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to keep up with everyone's updates and probably won't get time to catch up either, but I'll do my best to cheer you on in future.

:hellothere:

Last edited:

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Thank you @TopNotch @HellYeah @NancyTree @Fremen @Tileenah @Mianevem! I love that you are all still here, I've missed you.

I succeeded eventually in redoing my meal plan - I'd been using the DareBee plant-based one for just over two years (I know it wasn't intended for that and I adjusted it a bit), but finally had to move away because it turns out it doesn't quite work for me. Something something digestion only copes with the food I grew up eating, which is to say, bread and meat and dairy 😤 but I can reduce those! I WILL have my veg thank you! I tried to incorporate the Modern Hero principles as much as possible, let's see how that works.

Anyway because I am not a nutritionist or a cook, that took me a very long time, but hopefully I can live with the result.
I'm having a funny emotional response to grief (funny-weird not funny-haha), the main feeling is that I should work very hard and eat very little. I don't know what that's about but I'll keep doing what I actually learned about my body until I find out what is needed at this point.

Hmm, how should I format my log? Tried and tested?

[edit] had a very lovely walk out in the sunshine to meet with my sister

Today
Zero Hero Day 1 :v:
Workout streak: 1

Last edited:

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Good morning! I woke up with sunburn, which is mild enough that it's hilarious. I swear I was only out there for a couple of hours and it didn't seem that hot! Apparently I am a delicate indoor flower these days.

I haven't finished moving in but the focus now is on work. I'll have to go step by step on unpacking - and assembling the furniture to put things away.

[edit]
back to the late night workouts 😅

Today
Warm up :v:
Zero Hero Day 2 L2 <30 sec :v:
Workout streak: 2

Last edited:

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Good morning! I am slowly catching up on my sleep, consequently I feel amazing.
[edit] assembled a wardrobe today, my sister helped. Yay house progress!

Today
Morning stretch :v:
Zero Hero Day 3 L2 30 sec :v:
Workout streak: 3

Oooh... didn't mean to disencourage you! It's just me having accumulated so much stuff and finding it hard to find a suitable space for all of it. I quite like slowly going through all of it though.

Congratulations on your new home by the way!

:fireworks:
It's okay, I am determined! I've had so many stopgap homes, I really want to make this one beautiful.
I'm glad you have a process that you enjoy! and thank you!

Last edited:

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
The morning started a bit indifferent but I've had two pieces of really good news since! So lucky how things work out for me, truly.
I'm making slow progress on the house but progress nonetheless.
[edit] very slow but lovely amble through a park with many stops for explanations. I actually walked a bit extra to warm up.
And then cursed myself for not doing my Zero Hero earlier in the day, I did NOT feel like doing butt kicks and march steps at 22:30. I'm going to bed bye.

Today
Guided park tour, 2h very slow
Zero Hero Day 4 L2 30 sec :v:
Workout streak: 4

Last edited:

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Saturday
Zero Hero Day 5 :x:
Workout streak: 0

Met my sister in town to buy clothes. We had an active walking day and I sorted out my kitchen in the evening, but I didn't get around to any workouts.

Today
Zero Hero* Day 5 60 sec :v:
Food :star::x::gstar:
Workout streak: 1

* I'm going to stop saying "Level 2", it's going to be that from now on. Modified if needed, like today: turns out planking that much on my feet isn't okay with my hands, but while my knees protest also, that makes it possible to get the full reps.

2h sorting out bedroom and clothes storage.
Moving house is fun, right?