Never Give Up, Never Surrender

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."
Thanks @Anek the crisp was yummy.

Today a friend came over and got stuck in the snow on my driveway :confused: Now it's raining so the snow is softening and melting. Phone service in the county is not working properly, I can only make and receive texts and calls over wifi. Many still do not have power. We're hanging in there!

11 March workout:
:v: quick warm up
:v: EoD
:v: Power HIIT, day 2 - this is a short timed workout. Am I supposed to be doing this fast or slow??
:v: Daily Abs, day 24

Making Mexican pork and bean taco meat in the slow cooker. :taco:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."
Went to bed too late, got up too early. #&%@!! time change!

12 March workout:
:v: PowerHIIT, day 3
:v: Daily Abs challenge, day 25

It's a rainy day. Perfect for having a cup of tea and watching mysteries on BritBox. :coffee: Enjoy the remaining weekend!

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Soloakel :LOL:
@NancyTree Thanks! Still dealing with cell phone outages and rock slides but nothing too drastic. Weather related issues come with living in the mountains. It's worth it. :ss:

Finally back to work and it was absolutely bonkers! Those snow days were fun at first but it's difficult to keep up with everything when you can't make it to work. Ready for some sunshine.

13 March workout:
:v: PowerHIIT, day 4
:v: Daily Abs Challenge, day 26 - this may sound silly, but I'm finally feeling all my different ab muscles working instead of just pain. :saywhat:I've struggled with weak abs after major abdominal surgery and ab exercises have always been so difficult. The exercises are still challenging but I think I've turned a corner.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Drowning in an atmospheric river today. This has been an intense winter. @Fremen said that sunshine is on the way, I sure hope so!

Today is Pi day! And also Albert Einstein's birthday. Of course you know what I thought about today, and no it wasn't 3.141592654 or Einstein. Good thing no one brought in any edible pie. And yes, I am a bit of a geek. :LOL:

Pi Day.png

3.14 workout:
🥧quick warm up
🥧EoD
🥧PowerHIIT, day 5
🥧Daily Abs, day 27

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
At last! Sunshine! 🌞 There was a lot of wreckage from the storm everywhere. I had to drive under a downed live wire to get to work today. :shock:

15 March workout:
:v: PowerHIIT, day 6
:v: Daily Abs challenge, day 28

Have a lovely evening!

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Another sunny day! 🌞 Work was slightly chaotic but that's pretty much normal. I did break down and order some Girl Scout cookies because I couldn't resist the cute little gal who came into the office. Oh well, they'll keep in the freezer. :gotcookie:

16 March workout:
:v: Power HIIT, day 7
:v: Daily Abs Challenge, day 29 & 30 :completed:

:zzz:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
:thanku: @Tileenah @Fremen @TopNotch @BetaCorvi @Anek @NancyTree @CODawn

Friday was a planned rest day. Took the teen out for Japanese food, shopping and vegan ice cream. It was fun to spend time together and we had some great conversation.

18 March workout:
:v: PowerHIIT, day 8
:v: 200 side leg raises
:v: Plank Challenge, day 1

have a great day bees! :perfect:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
It's raining. There is an outbreak of cabin fever around here. While I'm thankful for all the snow & rain we've received this winter (so badly needed) I feel a bit like something that's been living under a rock. You know, those colorless kind of squishy things. :lazy:

19 March Workout:
:v: Quick Warm Up
:v: PowerHIIT, day 9
:v: Plank Challenge, day 2

Back under my rock now......:crawl:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Tileenah thanks. Surprisingly, and despite the forecast, the sun came out today!!

Oh Monday. Can we just skip it? Today was busy: splinted a broken finger; helped a little guy that was vomiting; :mask: and got a new phone installed at my desk that I don't know how to use yet. :giveup: I just had time to squeeze in a workout before heading out the door again for a meeting.
On the bright side, it's the first day of Spring!! :flowers::flowers::flowers:

20 March workout:
:x: EoD - too much arm work today
:v: PowerHIIT, day 10 - those lateral holds were challenging! Probably using too much weight but I don't have smaller dumbbells
:v: Plank Hero Challenge - day 3

And I'm off again! :float:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Today was a repeat of yesterday :p More vomiting children, lots of staff out ill, new phone system not quite working right, and many visitors from the county office which added to the chaos. Getting my regular job done was out of the question! And the teen has been really, really sick. But I press on! Never give up, never surrender!

21 March Workout:
:v: PowerHIIT, day 11
:v: Plank Hero Challenge, day 4

:ready:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
:thanks: @Anek and @Tileenah

Today was definitely better in the office. Instead of Vomit Day it was Wet Pants Day. :oops: And a student brought in fresh, homemade eggrolls for us! :drool:Though I'm still feeling a bit overwhelmed with life at the moment, I decided to just focus on what I need to do next. So far, so good.

22 March workout:
:v: PowerHIIT, day 12
:v: Plank Hero Challenge, day 5

Have a nice evening!

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Thursday after work I drove to the city for an appointment, then grocery shopping and by the time I got home it was Game Over, so no workout.

The last couple of workdays have been hard. One of the heartbreaking things about working at a school is seeing the fallout of parents who put their children in danger or neglect. We've had several cases this week and it breaks my heart. Sometimes the kids go to foster care, sometimes they go back to unsafe parents. :teary:

24 March workout:
:v: Quick warm up
:v: PowerHIIT, day 13
:v: Plank Hero Challenge, day 6

Glad it's FRIDAY! :ride:

Tileenah

Warrior from France
:hug: seeing people like you, in a stable environment, can be the little thing that gets them through childhood and life. What you do matters. It's super hard and heart-breaking seeing children suffer... They're still lucky to have someone who cares in their lives ❤
I hope you have a wonderful and resting weekend :love:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
:thanks:@Tileenah & @CODawn for your encouragement.

I went AWOL last weekend. It was spitting snow with a cold wind on Saturday but I just needed to go into the hills. Went for a long hike at lower elevation, so no snow. Sunday the sun was shining and I took advantage of it and went on another hike. It was very soothing just listening to the wind through the pines. Those peaks were taunting me; I can't wait to get up into the high country. With all the snow we've had this year it might not be accessible until late June. I can still plan though.

hiking view.jpg

Today it's Monday and I'm back on track.

27 March Workout:
:v: PowerHIIT, day 14
:v: Plank Hero Challenge, day 7

:moves:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@TopNotch @Tileenah @CODawn @Anek Thanks. I never get tired of the view.

Today was a strange day. I woke up expecting lots of forecasted snow and a text saying school was cancelled. I got neither, just the lightest dusting of snow. By 7am though it was snowing hard. Were we still having school today? Yes we were. So off I drove through the now heavy snow falling. Ten miles away (16km) at work, and after a very sketchy drive on an unplowed highway, the snow was piling up. The phone was ringing off the hook: Are we having school today? Yes. Is the bus running? Yes. I can't get out due to snow. Be safe and stay home. One of the bus drivers returned, saying even with chains he got stuck. Still snowing hard and now we have about 5 inches (+12cm). After about an hour the power went off. Will power be restored soon? No, no it won't. I found some old telephones we use in emergency (the kind that work without electricity), plugged them in and we started calling parents to come pick up their kids or put them on the big bus for a single stop drop off in town. Nearly two hours later and we were down to just a few kids that hadn't gotten picked up yet and were now coloring in the staff breakroom. My boss said to go home. So I did.

drive home.jpg

Here's what my drive home looked like.

Happily I had power at my house and had time to get caught up on some chores. Not a bad day though. The staff really pulled together and made the best out of a less than great situation. Parents were (generally) understanding and the kids--well, who doesn't like a snow day? Except the principal; we've had six snow days this year!

28 March workout:
:snowball: Quick warm up
:snowball:EoD - side plank holds were hard
:snowball: PowerHIIT, day 15 - more planks!
:snowball: Plank Hero Challenge, day 8 - really? plank jump ins? argh

I'm making banana oatmeal pancakes for dinner. With bacon. :bacon:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
After a few brief snow showers this morning the sun was trying to come out. I hope we've seen the last of the snow until next year.

29 March workout:
:v: PowerHIIT, day 16 - my arms feel like noodles :curlz:
:v: Plank Hero Challenge, day 9

:heartsit:

Last edited:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
At last! Friday and the end of March. It seemed like a very long month. :blackout:

31 March workout:
:v: PowerHIIT, day 18
:v: Plank Hero Challenge, day 11 - one arm plank jump ins? not. used both arms. Why are these soooo hard??
:v: Balance workout

Now should I make potsticker soup or pizza for dinner tonight? :soup: or :pizza:?

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
The votes are in....it was pizza! :LOL: Homemade, vegetarian with part-skim mozzarella. And a big salad.

1 April workout:
:v: PowerHIIT, day 19
:v: Plank Hero Challenge, day 12. Had to look up what 'seagulls' were. Fun though.

Off tonight to see the teen perform in a theatre production of 'Death on the Nile'. Can Poirot solve the mystery??????? 🤔

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Yesterday I took a rest day and did some yoga. I'm needing to incorporate more stretching into my routine.

3 April Workout:
:v: PowerHIIT, day 20
:v: Plank Hero Challenge, day 13
:v: Fighter's Stretching

have a wonderful evening..........:giggle: