Day One

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Congrats :worried:

Reactions: JCU

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Pronouns: Mate
Thank you @JCU , @BetaCorvi , @TopNotch @Fremen , @Tileenah , @Anek ,@NancyTree and @Silent Wolf . Yes the latest two done and dusted. Now I just need to find time to do all the walking I've signed myself up for.

Day Seventy-Three: Thursday 2/3/2023
Easy Arms 30-day challenge: Day 4 - Done
Easy Abs 30-day challenge: Day 16 - Done
Easy Cardio 30-day challenge: Day 24 - Done
Vitality program: Day 11 - Done at Level III
Talk to the Hand workout - Done with Extra Credit
Chair Abs workout - Done
Refresh workout - Done

AM Gym Session
Quick Warmup
Warrior Abs 30-day challenge: Day 30 - Done and another challenge competed
Back to Fit program: Day 40 Cardio Circuit ( 5 x 2 Mins Walk @ 6km/6, 2 Mins Jog @ 8km /h, 1 Min Run @10 km/h = 3.17km in 25:00 Minutes)
Exercise of the Day (1/3/2023): 2 Minutes Half Jacks - Done
From Walking to Running 30-day challenge: Day 1 - Done as 1.52km Walk/Run
Workout of the Day (1/3/2023): Clean Slate - Done at Level III with Extra Credit

PM activity
Warrior Arms 30-day challenge: Day 2 - Done
Walking 30-day challenge: Day 10 - Done as 3.73km walk in 40:39 minutes

Day Seventy-Four: Friday 3/3/2023
Vitality program: Day 12 - Done at Level III
Warrior Arms 30-day challenge: Day 3 - Done
Easy Abs 30-day challenge: Day 17 - Done
Easy Cardio 30-day challenge: Day 25 - Done
Drop car off for service and walk daughter to school and back to the gym 1.51 km
Quick Warmup
Les Mills Body Combat class
From Walking to Running 30-day challenge: Day 2 - Done as 2.20 km on the treadmill in 20 minutes.
1.16 km walk back home to recover
Put my feet up for about a hour before the the afternoon's activities come into effect!
Car juggling time. Drive wife to work, daughter to cheer-leading practice, back to wife's work and then 1.62 km walk to pick her car up. Drive it back to her work, pick my car up and drive back to daughter. God I needed a beer. 0.76km walk across the suburb to a micro brewery for a mid-strength beer. Another would have been nice but more activity required. 0.87 km walk back to daughter. Not sure how I recorded a greater distance back? And pick daughter up. Drive home. Cook dinner. Fall into bed. And this weekend will be busier!

Last edited:

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Day Seventy-Five: Saturday 4/3/2023
Sleep in. Oops
Vitality program: Day 13 - Done at Level III
race out to the gym
Race back home and do whole weekend's housework in 2 hours. Grab daughter and go get coffee and cake as bribes.
Drop daughter with wife's business partner to mind her while I shoot off to my high school reunion (32nd as Covid killed our attempts at 30th & 31st), 50 km across town. I haven't been to this venue in 30 years and boy had it changed. I now looked like some tropical resort, not the run-down dark dingy place I used to go. Reunion was scary. Everyone looked older, greyer, and/or fatter. God what will our 40th seem like. I am not good with crowds and when I signed up there were 30 people going which I thought I could handle. Final numbers on the night were 78 and it felt like 1000. Most of them had never left the Northern Beaches where we grew up. A few flew in from far away destinations like Dubbo, Wagga Wagga and Brisbane. I had a couple of light beers and quickly grew sick of the whole "speed dating"-like process : in 30 seconds where are you living now, you're marital status, where do you work? I did a phantom and vanished out the back of the bar and drove home. I think I spent more time in the car than actually there. Thinking on the way home, if they really wanted to know the ins and outs of my life they would have stayed in contact. Most of them I hadn't seen or heard from since the 20th reunion so no great loss.

Day Seventy Six: Sunday 5/3/2023
Warrior Arms 30-day challenge: Day 4 - Done (catch up)
Warrior Arms 30-day challenge: Day 5 - Done
Easy Abs 30-day challenge: Day 18 - Done
East Cardio 30-day challenge: Day 26 - Done
Vitality program: Day 14 - Done at Level III
Back to Fit program: Day 42: Rest Day (swapped with Monday)
out to Fitness First Cronulla gym for my regular Sunday torture
Les Mills Body Combat class.
Race over to swimming to pick daughter up and back home
Get the kids organised and out the door to drive back over to the Northern Beaches for my mother's 80th birthday celebratory lunch which my brother had organised to be at Jonah's restaurant at Whale Beach. Sydney Harbour Bridge closures meant everyone was funnelled into the Sydney Harbour Tunnel and it was a car park. The sixteen minute congestion add-on to the journey rapidly turned into nearly 30 minutes. We were all fed up by the time we made it Newport. I called my mother to apologise for being late and she was with my brother and they were crossing the Spit Bridge so only 5 minutes away. WTF? They were 20+ minutes behind us. I queried that I was at Newport and still 15 minutes from Whale Beach . Oh was the reply, my brother couldn't get a table at Jonah's so chose the Public Dining Room at Balmoral Beach, nearly 30 minutes back the way we had just come. And did my brother neglect to tell me this? Oops. I let fly with a few expletives in my mind, I think my son actually did let fly with one or two as well. Needless to say we were quite late for lunch and had to park a distance from the restaurant. I didn't quite clock up the targeted 15 minutes walk to the restaurant to check off a challenge as it was only 1.35 km done in 14:18 Minutes. I think the hunger factor on the kid's behalf made the distance go a lot faster. Lunch done and I should have tracked it but forgot to because it was quite a slow waddle back up the hill to the car.
Long slow drive home in traffic. Cook dinner. Fall into bed.

Last edited:

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Thanks @JCU .
Day Seventy-Seven: Monday 6/3/2023
Back to work to recover.
Easy Arms 30-day challenge: Day 6 - Done (catch up)
Vitality program: Day 15 - Done at Level III
Exercise of the Day (2/3/2023): 2 Minutes Stretch Hold - Done
Easy Abs 30-day challenge: Day 19 - Done (catch up)
Exercise of the Day (4/3/2023): 2 Minutes Shoulder Taps - Done

AM Gym Session
Quick Warmup
Easy Arms 30-day challenge: Day 7 - Done (catch up)
Easy Cardio 30-day challenge: Day 27 - Done (catch up)
From Walking to Running 30-day challenge: Day 3 - Done as 1.00 km Walk/Run on treadmill in 8:03 Minutes (catch up)
Back to Fit Program: Day 41 Lower Body Circuit - Done (5 sets x 10 reps x 5 exercises: Goblet Squats, Good Mornings, Barbell Squats, Calf Raises, Kettlebell One-Legged Deadlift. Warmup round 10kg kettlebell and 20kg barbell. Working rounds, 12kg kettlebell for Goblet Squats and Deadlifts, 20kg barbell for Good Mornings, 50kg for Squats)
From Walking to Running 30-day challenge: Day 4 - Done as 1.55 km Walk on treadmill in 15:03 Minutes (catch up)
Exercise of the Day (3/3/2023): 50 Reverse Plank Kicks - Done
Easy Abs 30-day challenge: Day 20 - Done and caught up
Warrior Arms 30-day challenge: Day 6 - Done
Easy Cardio 30-day challenge: Day 28 - Done and caught up
Easy Arms 30-day challenge: Day 8 - Done and caught up.

I just need a couple of spare hours now to catch up the Walking challenge which I knew was going to be a little difficult. But it is a beautiful sunny 36'C day today so maybe if I get home early enough I'll squeeze something in.

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
I missed my 20th reunion (I was going to be in Paris at the time, which I thought a better option!). If I had wanted to keep in touch with any of those people, I would have done. I didn't. :) Well done on coping with yours!

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Thanks @Tileenah , @TopNotch and @NancyTree . Glad I'm not alone with my sentiments @TopNotch about classmates and reunions. Paris would have been a preferred alternative for me too so I don't blame you. We actually had the reverse at my twentieth, one of the girls living in Paris, flew back to Australia to attend the reunion. Next one I don't think I'll bother with.

Day Seventy-Eight: Tuesday 7/3/2023
Easy Arms 30-day challenge: Day 9 - Done

AM Gym Session
Quick Warmup
Warrior Arms 30-day challenge: Day 7 - Done
Easy Cardio 30-day challenge: Day 29 - Done
Exercise of the Day (6/3/2023): 10 Cross Tricep Extensions - Done
Easy Abs 30-day challenge: Day 21 - Done
Exercise of the Day (5/3/2023: 2 Minutes Balance Hold
Back to Fit program: Day 44 Upper Body Circuit - Done (5 sets x 10 reps x 5 exercises. Decline Bench Press, Alternating Dumbbell Front Raise, Seated Cable Row, Hammer Curl, and Seated Triceps Press. 20 kg bar only for warmup then 45kg for remaining sets, 5kg dumbbells for Front Raise and Hammer Curl then 9kg dumbbells for remaining sets, 20kg warm up for cable row then 45kg for the rest, 7kg dumbbell for warm up on Triceps Press then 10kg dumbbell for remainder.) Note to self. Keep focused when putting weights away! I took the weight plates off the barbell and not looking I slid it off and crushed my thumb between the plate and a solid object. Ouch! Maybe some leg work now because my thumb is throbbing.
From Walking to Running 30-day challenge: Day 5 - Done. 60 seconds walking @ 6 km/h and then 10 seconds sprint @ 12 km/h x 5 sets for 660m in 5 Mins 50 seconds.
Vitality program: Day 16 - Done at Level III
From Walking to Running 30-day challenge: Day 6 - Done. 2 minutes walk @ 6km/h + 2 minutes run @ 9 km/h x 3 sets for 1.50 km in 12:03 minutes.
Workout of the Day (6/3/2023): Rev Up! - Done at Level III with Extra Credit.

PM Activity
4.03 km walk in 45:45 minutes as Walking 30-day challenge: Day 12

Last edited:

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Thanks @Tileenah & @Whirly . Yes the thumb is numb. Lucky today seems to be a cardio focused day so no weights to play with.

Day Seventy-Nine: Wednesday 8/3/2023
Flexibility 30-day challenge: Day 1 - Done
Vitality program: Day 17 - Done at Level III
Easy Abs 30-day challenge: Day 22 - Done
Easy Cardio 30-day challenge: Day 30 - Done and another challenge completed!
Walking 30-day challenge: Day 13 - Done as 0.98 km walk around my work carpark in 15:21 minutes
Easy Arms 30-day challenge: Day 10 - Done

AM Gym Session
Quick Warmup
Back to Fit program: Day 44 Cardio Circuit - Done (5 x 2 min walk @ 6.0 km/h + 2 min jog @ 8.0 km/h + 1 min run @ 10.0 km/h)
Warrior Arms 30-day challenge: Day 8 - Done
Walking to Running 30-day challenge: Day 7 - Done as 1.85km walk & run in 15:00 minutes

PM Activity
Binary workout - Done. This one always does my head in. I just don't have the coordination to do the "old pat head & rub tummy" thing
Sitting Fix workout - Done
Stress Buster workout - Done
Posture workout - Done

Evening Activity
4.80 km walk in 50:13 minutes - Done as Walking 30-day challenge: Day 14

Last edited:

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Thank you @Tileenah ,@JCU , @TopNotch , @Fremen , @NancyTree .

Day Eighty: Thursday 9/3/2023
AM Gym Sesssion
4-Minute Warmup
Walking 30-day challenge: Day 15 - Done as 1.50 km Treadmill Walk in 15:04 minutes
Warrior Arms 30-day challenge: Day 9 - Done
Exercise of the Day (7/3/2023): 30 Jumping Lunges - Done
Exercise of the Day (8/3/2023): 2 Minutes Side Elbow Plank - Done
Easy Abs 30-day challenge: Day 23 - Done
Back to Fit program: Day 45 - Done (5 sets x 10 reps x 5 exercises)
From Walking to Running 30-day challenge: Day 8 - Done as 0.76 km in 15:32 mins as laps around the car park
Flexibility 30-day challenge: Day 2 - Done
Workout of the Day (8/3/2023): Sherlock - Done at Level III with Extra Credit
Easy Arms 30-day challenge: Day 10 - Done
Vitality program: Day 18 - Done at Level III

PM activity
Walking 30-day challenge: Day 16 - Done as 5.48km in 58:02 minutes
Walking 30-day challenge: Day 17 - Done as 1.24 km walk in 18:38 minutes with daughter on roller skates. I think I spent more time stopping to pick her up than walking but it got her out of the house and away from screens.

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Day Eighty-One: Friday 10/3/2023
Vitality program: Day 19 - Done
Exercise of the Day (9/3/2023): 60 seconds Squat Hold Calf Raises - Done
Warrior Arms 30-day challenge: Day 10 - Done
Easy Arms 30-day challenge: Day 24 - Done
Flexibility 30-day challenge: Day 3 - Done
1.59km walk in 19:23 minutes to drop daughter at school and then onto gym
Quick Warmup
Les Mills Body Combat class - Done
From Walking to Running 30-day challenge: Day 9 - Done as 2.00 km walk/run on treadmill
1.14 km walk home

PM Activity
0.86km walk to local brewery after dropping daughter at cheer leading. Bought mate drinks for looking after my daughter the other day. Both of us enjoyed it and were glad to be away from the Cheer Moms. Unfortunately this is looking to become a permanent activity

Late PM
Exercise of the Day (10/3/2023): 5 Minutes Raised Arm Hold - Done

Day Eighty-Two: Saturday 11/3/2023
Vitality program: Day 20 - Done at Level III
Out to the gym
Quick Warmup

PM activity
5.47 km walk in 63:39 minutes as Walking 30-day challenge: Day 18

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Day Eighty-Three: Sunday 12/3/2023
Easy Arms 30-day challenge: Day 12
Warrior Arms 30-day challenge: Day 11 - Done
Easy Abs 30-day challenge: Day 25 - Done
Easy Abs 30-day challenge: Day 26 - Done
Vitality program - Done at Level III
Flexibility 30-day challenge: Day 4 - Done
Flexibility 30-day challenge: Day 5 - Done
Warrior 30-day challenge: Day 12 - Done

out to gym
Quick Warmup
Les Mills BodyCombat class - Done and knackered. Verity, the instructor is ferocious and leaves us feeling dead.
Walking 30-day challenge: Day 20 (Day 19 can be done quickly another time) - Done as 5.63 m walk in 65:44 minutes

PM Activity
Easy Arms 30-day challenge: Day 15 - Done
1.55 km walk in 23:05 minutes getting essentials from the local shops

Last edited:

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Day Eighty-Four: Monday 13/3/2023 and back to work.
Easy Arms 30-day challenge: Day 13 - Done

AM Gym Session
Quick Warmup
Warrior Arms 30-day challenge: Day 13 - Done
Vitality program: Day 22 - Done at Level III
From Walking to Running 30-day challenge: Day 10 - Done as 0.67 km walk/run on the treadmill in 5:52 minutes
Easy Abs 30-day challenge: Day 27 - Done
Easy Arms 30-day challenge: Day 14 - Done
From Walking to Running 30-day challenge: Day 11 - Done as 3.20 km walk/run on the treadmill in 28:02 minutes
and that's all I have time for. These walking & running challenges are quite time-consuming but necessary.

PM Activity
Flexibility 30-day challenge: Day 6 - Done
1.78 km walk in 18:38 minutes - Done for Walking 30-day challenge: Day 19 (backcaptured). Done with extra credit - took the daughter with me while she was only roller skates. She is very new to it so a lot of the time I spent with my arm out as a grab post for the falls.

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Day Eighty-Five: Tuesday 14/3/2023
Quite a busy day with no gym time but fortunately some of the exercise playlist I have doesn't require a gym
Walking 30-day challenge: Day 21 - Done as 0.89km walk in 17:05 minutes around the car park at work
Easy Arms 30-day challenge: Day 16 - Done
Flexibility 30-day challenge: Day 7 - Done
Easy Abs 30-day challenge: Day 28 - Done
Vitality program: Day 23 - Done at Level III

PM activity
Walking 30-day challenge: Day 22 - Done as 6.20 km walk in 70:17 minutes but even in the evenings I am struggling to find the time to do these challenges. This is where I made it to last time I tried the challenge but had to stop. Let's hope I can keep finding the time.

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Day Eighty-Six: Wednesday 15/3/2023
Walking 30-day challenge: Day 23 - Done as 0.75km walk in 15:56 minutes around the work car park and truck garage.
Easy Arms 30-day challenge: Day 17 - Done
Exercise of the Day (14/3/2023) 3 Minutes Wall-Sit - Done
Exercise of the Day (13/3/2023): 60 Seconds Boat Pose Hold - Done

AM Gym Session:
Quick Warmup
Splits 30-day challenge: Day 1 - Done
Warrior Arms 30-day challenge: Day 14 - Done
From Walking to Running 30-day challenge: Day 13 - Done as 1.94 km walk/run on treadmill in 15:00 minutes
Flexibility 30-day challenge: Day 8 - Done
Back to Fit program: Day 46 Upper Body Circuit - Done (5 sets x 10 reps x 5 exercises). Feet-Elevated Push-Ups, Arnold Press, Single-Arm Pull-Down, EZ-Bar Spider Curl 7 EZ-Bar Skullcrusher (5kg dumbbell for warm-up and 9kg dumbbells for remaining sets, 15kg weights on cable machine for warm-up and 30kg for remaining sets, 7.5kg bar only for EZ-Bar exercises and 20kg for remaining sets).
From Walking to Running 30-day challenge: Day 14 - Done as 2.00 km walk/run in 16:00 minutes
Easy Abs 30-day challenge: Day 29 - Done

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Day Eighty-Seven: Thursday 16/3/2023

AM Gym Session
Quick Warmup
Warrior Arms 30-day challenge: Day 15 - Done (back captured)
From Walking to Running 30-day challenge: Day 15 - Done as 1.37 km walk/sprint on treadmill in 11:40 minutes
Warrior Arms 30-day challenge: Day 16 - Done
Back to Fit program: Day 47 Cardio Circuit - Done (5 x 2 Min walk + 2 Min jog + 1 Min run) as 3.30 km in 25:00 minutes on treadmill
Splits 30-day challenge: Day 2 - Done
Flexibility 30-day challenge: Day 9 - Done
Easy Abs 30-day challenge: Day 30 - Done and challenge completed.
Vitality program: Day 24 - Done at Level III

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Day Eighty-Eight: Friday 17/3/2023
Warrior Arms 30-day challenge: Day 17 - Done
Vitality program: Day 25 - Done at Level III (backcaptured)
Flexibility 30-day challenge: Day 10 - Done
Vitality program: Day 26 - Done at Level III
Easy Arms 30-day challenge: Day 18 - Done (backcaptured)
Splits 30-day challenge: Day 3 - Done
Easy Arms 30-day challenge: Day 20 - Done
From Walking to Running 30-day challenge: Day 16 - Done as 1.76 km walk in 22:55 minutes walking daughter to school and onto the gym
0.51km treadmill walk in 5:00 minutes as warmup while waiting for class to start
Quick warmup
Les Mills BodyCombat class - Done
Roughly 1.7km walk home in 16:45 minutes (still had app on "Treadmill Walk" not "Walk" with the GPS)

PM activity
1.76 km walk picking daughter up from school in 24:07 minutes

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Day Eighty-Nine: Saturday 18/3/2023
A sleep in. Well, sort of. Still had intentions to be at the gym by 08:30 for class.
Vitality program: Day 27 - Done at Level III
Easy Arms 30-day challenge: Day 20 - Done
Flexibility 30-day challenge: Day 11 - Done
Out to the gym. Just made it in time for class
Quick Warmup (quite hurried)
Then it got hot. A late summer but I had to take advantage of the hot weather to do what housework I could so plenty of laundry and floor mopping so everything would dry. But no walking. 75+ minutes in 35+C temperatures didn't appeal so those challenges are delayed until the weather cools off a bit.

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Day Eighty-Nine: Sunday 19/3/2023
Motivation waning as gym buddy has gone down the coast for a weekend away with her boyfriend so my sparring partner absent gave me thoughts of a proper sleep-in. Nah, not happening.
Splits 30-day challenge: Day 4 - Done (catch up)
Vitality program: Day 28 - Done at Level III
Splits 30-day challenge: Day 5 - Done
Warrior Arms 30-day challenge: Day 18 - Done (catch up)
out to the gym
Quick Warmup

Back home for housework. Another warm day so no walking but plenty of cleaning. Also had time to marinade and slowcook some ribs.
But now the list of overdue exercises is getting big again. This seems to be a weekend thing. I used to have weekends to catch up on the missed exercises from the week but now its swinging the other way and that gets moved to Mondays which are now my busiest days at work.

Last edited:

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Day Ninety: Monday 20/3/2023
Yes I've lasted 90 days and not injured myself (admittedly I was recovering from injury when I started) or given up in frustration.

AM Gym Session, earlier than planned but beggars can't be choosers so I took the opportunity to use the gym while I could.
Quick Warmup
Warrior Arms 30-day challenge: Day 19 - Done (Catch up)
Easy Arms 30-day challenge: Day 21 - Done (Catch up)
Exercise of the Day (19/3/2023): 2 Minutes Side Jacks - Done
Flexibility 30-day challenge: Day 12 - Done (Catch up)
Warrior Arms 30-day challenge: Day 20 - Done
Splits 30-day challenge: Day 6 - Done
30 Day Walkabout challenge: Day 1 - Done 18,451/5,000 steps. This is a challenge on the To Do list but requires little extra time so I might as well start it early especially as I'm stepping more with two walking/running challenges on the go.
Easy Arms 30-day challenge: Day 22 - Done
Flexibility 30-day challenge: Day 13 - Done
Exercise of the Day (17/3/2023): 50 Climber Taps - Done
Vitality program: Day 29 - Done at Level III
From Walking to Running 30-day challenge: Day 17 - Done (catch up) as 3.01 km walk/run in 24:02 Minutes. This challenge is also getting more and more time-consuming but still doable, probably not as quickly as I was.

PM Activity
Square One program: Day 1 - Done at Level III
Arms of Steel (Chair Edition) program: Day 1 - Done at Level III. Both these programs are light and this one I can do from the comfort of my office when time permits.
Workout of the Day (18/3/2023): Roundabout - Done at Level III with Extra Credit.

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Thank you @JCU and @TopNotch . Another Tier 1 challenge done. Only 2 to go.
Day Ninety-One: Tuesday 21/3/2023

Arms of Steel (Chair Edition) program: Day 2 - Done
Square One program: Day 2 - Done at Level III
Vitality program: Day 30 - Done at Level III and program completed (again for the first time)

AM gym session
Quick Warmup
Warrior Arms 30-day challenge: Day 21 - Done
Exercise of the Day (20/3/2023): 2 Minutes Shoulder Taps - Done
Exercise of the Day (17/3/2023): 50 Twist Lunges - Done
Easy Arms 30-day challenge: Day 23 - Done
From Walking to Running 30-day challenge: Day 18 - Done as 2.61km walk/run in 20:02 minutes
30 Day Walkabout challenge: Day 2 - Done 16,460/5,500 Steps
Workout of the Day (20/3/2023): Adventurer - Done at Level III with Extra Credit
Flexibility 30-day challenge: Day 14 - Done
Exercise of the Day (11/3/2023): 50 Plank Leg Raises - Done

Last edited:

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Thank you @JCU , @Tileenah , @Montserrat , and @Fremen .

Day Ninety-Two: Wednesday 22/3/2023
Arms of Steel (Chair Edition) program: Day 3 - Done

AM Gym Session
Quick Warmup
Easy Arms 30-day challenge: Day 24 - Done
Back to Fit program: Day 48 Lower Body Circuit - Done (5 sets x 10 reps x 5 exercises). (Goblet Squats, Good Mornings, Barbell Squats, Standing Calf Raises, Single-Leg Kettlebell Deadlifts). 10kg kettlebell for Goblet Squat and Deadlift warmups then 12kg kettlebell, 20kg bar only for Good Morning warmup then 25kg, 20 kg bar only for Barbell Squat warmup then 45 kg for first set and upped it to 55kg for remaining three sets. Slowly getting strength back.
From Walking to Running 30-day challenge: Day 19 - Done as 3.76 km in 30:00 minutes. Thank goodness that day is done. It was the longest of the challenge. I don't have an issue with the time itself just my limited amount of time to do this and everything else which is why I'm struggling to finish the Walking 30-day challenge. I've stalled at Day 24 (again) and need to stop being so busy that I can allow myself four periods of 75-90 minutes for a walk.
30 Day Walkabout challenge: Day 3 - Done as 20,679/6,000 steps

PM activity
Square One program: Day 3 - Done at level III as warm down/stretch for previous.
Exercise of the Day (21/3/2023): 40 Sumo Squats - Done
Flexibility 30-day challenge: Day 15 - Done
Splits 30-day challenge: Day 8 - Done
From Walking to Running 30-day challenge: Day 20 - Done as 0.67 km walkabout around work car park in 15:02 minutes
Workout of the Day (21/3/2023): Sentry - Done at Level III with Extra Credit

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Day Ninety-Three: Thursday 23/3/2023
Arms of Steel (Chair Edition) program: Day 4 - Done at Level III

PM gym session as I was kidnapped into meetings all morning
Quick Warmup
Warrior Arms 30-day challenge: Day 22 - Done (catch up)
Warrior Arms 30-day challenge: Day 23 - Done
30 Day Walkabout challenge: Day 4 - Done 14,135/5,000 steps
From Walking to Running 30-day challenge: Day 21 - Done as 1.26 km walk/run in 10:00 minutes (catch up)
Back to Fit program: Day 50 Upper Body Circuit (I'll take Day 49: Rest Day tomorrow) - Done (5 sets x 10 reps x 5 exercises). Decline Barbell Bench Press, Alternating Dumbbell Front Raise, Seated (cable) Row, Hammer Curl, and Seated Triceps Press. 25kg barbell for warmup and then 50 kg for remaining sets, 7 kg dumbbells for warmup for Front Raise and Curls the 10kg Dumbbells, 20kg on cable machine for warmup then 50kg, 9kg dumbbell for Tricep Press warmup then 12.5kg dumbbell. The repaired shoulder is feeling the additional weights but it needs to be put under load to rebuild its strength. The tricky balance is to do enough without damaging it again.
From Walking to Running 30-day challenge: Day 22 - Done as 1.20 km walk/run in 9:00 minutes
Splits 30-day challenge: Day 9 - Done
I also haven't done Hybrid Routine 2.0 in a while but the current program and challenge load is taking up all my gym time. I haven't forgotten about it and intend to complete all the stages for all the exercises, just when I can afford the time.

PM activity
Square One program: Day 4 - Done at level III

Last edited:

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Thank you @NancyTree .

Day Ninety-Four: Friday 24/3/2023
Flexibility 30-day challenge: Day 16 - Done
Square One program: Day 5 - Done at Level III
Easy Arms 30-day challenge: Day 26 - Done
Warrior Arms 30-day challenge: Day 24 - Done
Flexibility 30-day challenge: Day 17 - Done
Splits 30-day challenge: Day 10 - Done

1.78 km walk in 24:16 minutes dropping daughter at school and onto the gym.
From Walking to Running 30-day challenge: Day 23 - Done as 1.65km walk on treadmill in 12:02 minutes.
Quick Warmup
Les Mills BodyCombat class
1.10 km walk home in 15:03 minutes with groceries I somehow had acquired
30 Day Walkabout challenge: Day 5 - Done as 28,440/6,500 steps

PM activity
1.39km walk out to get take away for the family & return home in 22:13 minutes

Day Ninety-Five: Saturday 25/3/2023
From Walking to Running 30-day challenge: Day 24 - Done as 1.50km walk on treadmill in 15:01 minutes.
Quick Warmup
30 Day Walkabout challenge: Day 6 - Done as 27,557/ 7,000 steps
Arms of Steel (Chair Edition) program: Day 5 - Done
Walking 30-day challenge: Day 24 (finally) - Done as 5.74 km walk in 1:17:24 minutes
Arms of Steel (Chair Edition) program: Day 6 - Done
Easy Arms 30-day challenge: Day 27 - Done
Square One program: Day 6 - Done at Level III
Flexibility 30-day challenge: Day 18 - Done
Splits 30-day challenge: Day 11 - Done

Day Ninety-Six: Sunday 26/3/2023
Warrior Arms 30-day challenge: Day 25 - Done
Out to the gym, running close to time this morning.
Easy Arms 30-day challenge: Day 28 - FAIL. Managed two sets before everyone started arriving for class.
Quick Warmup
30-Day Walkabout challenge: Day 7 - Done as 26,401/7,500 steps
Out to meet my gym buddy for coffee
Walking 30-day challenge: Day 25 - Done as 1.56km walk in 18:22 minutes
1.15km walk home with groceries in 12:50 minutes
PM activity
Walking 30-day challenge: Day 26 - Done as 7.56km walk in 1:20:10 hours

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Day Ninety-Seven: Monday 27/3/2023
The clean up day. I have to work out what challenges and programs I've fallen behind in over the weekend through laziness and lack of time. I've managed to keep on top of most but a few that I cannot allow to fall behind, are.

Square one program: Day 6 - Done at Level III (catch up)
Exercise of the Day (26/3/2023): 20 Shrimp Squats - Done. I can't squat down fully as the gif indicates but I figured as long as the main leg is bent in a squatting motion then it's got to count, right?

AM Gym Session
Quick Warmup
Warrior Arms 30-day challenge: Day 26 - Done (catch up)
Easy Arms 30-day challenge: Day 28 (Attempt #2) - Done
30-day Walkabout challenge: Day 8 - Done as 17,088/5,000 steps
Flexibility 30-day challenge: Day 19 - Done (catch up)
Warrior Arms 30-day challenge: Day 27 - Done
From Walking to Running 30-day challenge: Day 25 - Done as 1.46 km in 12:06 minutes on treadmill (catch up)
Flexibility 30-day challenge: Day 20 - Done
From Walking to Running 30-day challenge: Day 26 - Done as 2.10 km in 15:02 minutes on treadmill
Splits 30-day challenge: Day 12 - Done (catch up)

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Day Ninety-Eight: Tuesday 28/3/2023

AM Gym Session
Warrior Arms 30-day challenge: Day 28 - Done
Quick Warmup
From Walking to Running 30-day challenge: Day 27 - Done as 3.26 km walk/run in 24:00 minutes on treadmill
Easy Arms 30-day challenge: Day 29 - Done
30-day Walkabout challenge: Day 8 - Done as 11,000+/5,000 steps
Easy Arms 30-day challenge: Day 30 - Done and challenge completed
Exercise of the Day (24/3/2023): 60 Seconds Toe Tap Hops - Done
Exercise of the Day (12/3/2023): 50 Single Leg Bridges - Done
1-Minute Yoga 30-day challenge: Day 1 - Done
Exercise of the Day (16/3/2023): 50 Alternating Arm/Leg Raises - Done
Exercise of the Day (23/3/2023): 40 Scorpion Twists - Done
Splits 30-day challenge: Day 13 - Done (catch up)

PM activity
Walking 30-day challenge: Day 27 - Done as 0.70 km walk around work car park in 15:35 minutes
Square One program: Day 8 - Done at Level III
Arms of Steel (Chair Edition) program: Day 8 - Done
Splits 30-day challenge: Day 14 - Done
Flexibility 30-day challenge: Day 21 - Done

Last edited: