Getting there

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Welcome back :)

Laguiri

Alchemist from Spain
Pronouns: she, ella.
Thank you!

First straight week of exercise. The routine I have chosen is, in theory, ridiculously easy, but well. That's the stage where I'm now.
Guardian challenge day 7,
Easy arms challenge day 3,
Unbound day 7.

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Congrats on your first week of exercise :worried:

Laguiri

Alchemist from Spain
Thanks, people!
I'm not posting everyday because I'm trying to reduce internet time.
Guardian challenge day 12,
Easy arms challenge day 8,
Unbound day 12.

It's not getting any easier.
I think I started the month a bit heavier than the month before, but size seems the same. I'm not comparing day 0 to today, but early february to now. Weight loss is one of my objectives.
The only thing that is definitely better is that calf raises are improving my plantar fasciitis. It's counterintuitive because stretching relieves pain, but it's clear that strenght work is necessary too.

Laguiri

Alchemist from Spain
A successful week.

Guardian challenge day 21,
Easy arms challenge day 17,
Unbound day 21.

I've bookmarked all the easy collections of single workouts and I'm thinking what to do next. The logical step is abs or cardio.

Laguiri

Alchemist from Spain
Guardian challenge day 26,
Easy arms challenge day 22,
Unbound day 26.

I'm a bit bored. The end of challenges is always the same, looking forward to something new. I think I will do the Fit Mom collection next. It's intended for postpartum recuperation but it looks the right difficulty for the state of my abs.

The best thing about the last month is that calf raises are the best thing I have ever found for plantar fasciitis - and I have tried everything.

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
Congrats :worried: :worried:

Laguiri

Alchemist from Spain
The workout I did the other day left me very sore. Nothing serious, but 20 x 3 lunges and 20 x 3 squats push my limits. So now I'm doing onlye the easy cardio challenge. Tomorrow Ill do a stretch or arms routine. This entry's purpose is to record that 20x3 and improve it in the future.

Laguiri

Alchemist from Spain
Walking, about 90 minutes to 2 hours a day because I've given up driving inside the town.
Occasional yoga.
the easy cardio challenge, to the day so today's Day 12.
Fit Mom Collection, Mommy needs a break, 2/6.

I did my taxes on Monday. Income tax here is halfway done for you by the government; there's an app and a "draft" with the information they have from your employer, previous years etc and you add whatever stuff they don't know yet about you.

And I changes my closet, winter to summer clothes, on Tuesday. It is disappointing to have the exact same size I did a year ago. Oh well.

So, a stressful week. Hopefully it will slow down.

Laguiri

Alchemist from Spain
Congrats on all the walking and the taxes and the closet change! :gogogo:
Thank you!

A productive weekend. The Kid went with his father for two full days. That is a rare occasion.
Saturday: a two hour walk, the easy cardio challenge, a yoga flow with a video.
Sunday: attending a protest counts as a walk, the easy cardio challenge, Staying In (Darebee yoga workout)

I'm so happy to have done so mucho without injuries.

Laguiri

Alchemist from Spain
Easy cardio challenge, day 19.
Fit Mom Collection, Juno, 3/6.

The downside: on paper, Juno is ridiculously easy for a non-pregnant body. I feel out of shape.
The upside: I have a vague memory of getting into position for triceps dips months ago and thinking "nuh-uh. Not going to happen". Today I did the full 10 x 3 reps, even if sometimes I only lifted myself two inches. My first tricep dips, yay!

Tileenah

Warrior from France
:worried: yay for triceps dips!
Last summer I had swimming lessons and the teacher (? I don't think that's the right word but you'll certainly get who I mean) spent the whole cycle teaching me how to use my arms instead of my legs... And told me I had to work on strength so I was off with a program of triceps dips and push-ups. And I just couldn't! After the lessons though I started being able to do ten in a row and after the whole summer did 3*10 regularly. So I'll always think they are serious strength exercises. Congrats!

Laguiri

Alchemist from Spain
Easy cardio challenge, day 23.
Fit Mom Collection, postpartum, 4/6, which I did on Friday.

I guess it's good I can do all sorts of workouts on a 2/5 level of difficulty with no injuries or much soreness. It just feels hard. I could aim for a rotation of yoga/easy/medium workouts. It's still annoying that I'm doing something labelled "postpartum".

Laguiri

Alchemist from Spain
Thanks @Mianevem and @Tileenah!

Easy cardio challenge, day 23.
Fit Mom Collection, Super Mom, 5/6, so lots of cardio.

This weekend I visited my parents. Two restaurant meals and I'm a kilo heavier. It could be permanent, not just liquid retention. My body sort of works that way.
On good things: I can use regularly a pair of shoes that used to gave me heel pain. Something to do with plantar fasciitis and stronger calves. I have to keep doing calf raises.

Laguiri

Alchemist from Spain
I have done exercise on and off the last few months. June was terrible: end of the school year for me, the Kid and the friend who lives with us. I volunteer (this is a paid position) to watch and correct the national test for university access, which meant 10 hours x 6 days. And then there was a heatwave. And then the Kid got his holidays a week before I did.

For the last few days, I've had a mix of pain, tiredness, numbness in my extremities. Rest/sleep isn't enough of an improvement. I'm scared of overworking and getting injured like two summers ago, so I've started easy stuff.
Zen Program - day 3.
Workout - I showed up - Cardio for overweight people 1/24.

Laguiri

Alchemist from Spain
I'm doing two Zen days every day (the meditation when I can, the yoga routine before breakfast) so I'm on day 7.

The "Cardio for Overweight People" collection is great as a restart.
Yesterday, Storm Princess 2/24.
Today Guard Duty and I am enough 4/24.

The tingly or numb feeling in my arms is a lot better. Very easy, frequent workouts are the way to go.

Laguiri

Alchemist from Spain
It was nearly impossible to do any serious workout in the summer. We lived around the heatwaves. The good thing is that I didn't get sick, injured, or gained any more weight. Sometimes that's enough.

I finished Zen and as soon as the weather got a bit cooler I started Totals, which is roughly my capacity's limit. I'm on Day 23. It has served two very good purposes: one, I've lost a lot of volume, particularly around my waist. Two, I have a better idea of the things I do well (arms, legs, cardio), the things I sort of manage (abs) and the struggle (I can do very few reps of anything that starts as a plank). BUT I can do burpees! Not many, not well, but they are possible!

I'm very happy and motivated. I hadn't felt this energetic and fit in ages.

neilarey

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Shieldmaiden from Greece
"Trust The Awesomeness"
Happy Birthday!!!

Happy Birthday GIF by Rodney Dangerfield