Change gears

SlothEnergy

Hello, my Bees! :worried:
This week I focused more on mobility and abs because I feel I’m behind with those. I mixed in some non-Darebee workouts. When it comes to abs, I’m trying to find more exercises that are diastasis recti safe. I had a bit of a DR that is now much better but not entirely gone, so I still try to be careful with crunches and straight planks.

Also, because my shoulder started acting out again, I did some of the exercises I learned in physical therapy.

So here is my past week:
Avatar XP: 1079 in total (45 this week).
This XP system that I'm using is good for letting me see what I exercise more or less. I give myself points for strength, tendon strength, cardio, mobility and what I called stability, i.e. abs, core, balance exercises. The number of points = the overall workout level (1 for light, 2 for easy etc.) X no. of sub-levels within the workout (lvl I to III), and for non-Darebee workouts I just eyeball it. So far, I got the least amount in the stability category, so I have too keep on doing those abs & core workouts.

I'm happy that I got to do a good 30-40 min. workout every day, but now I get to work later than I would like to. There is still a lot to do about making my morning routine more efficient.
Have a great Sunday and next week, Bees! :fantastic:

SlothEnergy

Hello Bees! :worried:

Another week in which I focused on abs/ core and mobility. I really enjoy the feeling after those mobility exercises! And my flexibility is clearly getting better.

Here is my week until yesterday. I put two workouts together each morning.

Abs/ Core
  • 2 days of Back & core (days 29 and 30) and done! :LOL:
  • Strong Core
  • 2 days: an ab mix with 5 sets of 5 exercises, 20 repetitions
Mobility:
Arms and shoulders:
  • 2 days: about 20 min. physical therapy for my shoulders
  • 4 days of Arms of steel (days 15 to 18). I skipped day 14 for now because it has push-ups. My shoulder is still a bit inflamed and push-ups might make it worse.
The clock has just moved forward one hour today. I guess it’s the same for most of you. I like that because now it will be light outside when I come back from work and I’ll be more willing to take walks through the park.

SlothEnergy

Hello Bees! :worried:

I skipped a weekly log entry again, but I did exercise every day. I finished Unbound and started Cardio GO as the program of the new month. The workouts in this one are pretty long, 35-40 minutes, so I can’t always add a second workout as I had intended. I try to do that when I work from home and in the weekend.

Last week, I kept going with abs and mobility. This week was mostly Cardio GO, but I managed to sneak in a Seated Hero, an abs workout and some short mobility pieces.
Cardio GO seems to be also for muscle endurance. At least my muscles have been enduring quite a bit some days :LOL:. I remember one, with 4x1 min. half-jacks. My arms were almost falling off. However, it’s fun and I can watch a movie while I work out.
I had planned to start power walking in the park this month. However, so far I avoided it. Winter has returned to town this past week :confused:.

SlothEnergy

Hi Bees!
Long time no log :LOL:… I keep neglecting writing here, with the excuse that I’ve been rather busy lately. However, I haven’t been too busy to exercise daily, which is the most important thing.

I continued with Cardio GO this month and I’m on day 29. It’s been tougher than I thought it would be, but I still managed to squeeze in some extras: ab mixes (5 sets X 5 exercises X 20 reps), Seated Heroes, and some mobility exercises. My favourites seem to be Standing Mobility, Sandman, Neck Mobility and Wrist Mobility.

My XP count got to 1407.

Have a great weekend, Bees, and keep going strong! :gogogo:

SlothEnergy

Good morning, Bees!
I’m done with Cardio GO :tired:. When I started Ten, I thought it would be like a nice break after ~40 minutes cardio every day. But this one is also more difficult than I had expected! Doing 6-7 circuits with no break is not as easy as it seems when you see it’s 10 minutes.

I'm thinking, if I complain like that about some level 2 programs, what will I do at level 5...

Anyway, here is what I did this week. Trying a new format :LOL:

30 Apr
1 May
2 May
3 May
4 May
5 May
6 May
Ten
Ten
Ten
Ten
Ten
Ten
ab mix, loosely inspired by Abs on the Beach: 5 exercises, 20 reps, 5 sets​
Arms of Steel day 19​
Goblin Mode (quite nice for when I’m in goblin mode :LOL:)​
5X20X5 ab mix​
Daily Kicks 4 & 5​
Daily Kicks 2 & 3​
XP earned: 57. I am at a total of 1464, which means that I have one more week and I’ll level up to Banana Slug :cool:.

When I want to do abs, I try to choose exercises that are diastasis recti friendly. I have a bit of a gap so I try to keep it small, so instead of crunches or even leg raises, I do dead bugs, table-top toe-taps (like dead bugs but without the arms), bridges, side bridges, side leg raises.

Have a great Sunday, Bees! :worried:

SlothEnergy

I’ve been gone for so long, dear bees! Unfortunately, I lost the habit of checking in and this is not the only habit that faded away. I went to bed later and I woke up a bit later than I would like to. Also, I had an entire list of projects for this year and I only did a few. However, I kept exercising daily which is great!

Since I last checked in, I finished a few programs – 10, Cardio Blast, Arms of Steel, Reboot, 30 Days of Yoga, 60 Days of Cardio, Totals, 30 days of LIIT. I almost finished all the level 2 programs. I’m left with 60 Days of Walking, for which I don’t seem to be able to make time. I think I’m about 10 days into it. I also have 2 more days of Zen.

(By the way, guys, when I filter the programs for level 2, Zen is placed in that list. It should be in the level 1 filter, right? Tangent over.)

Nevertheless, I graduated to level 3 programs and I started with Fit December. Yay!

On a different note, I decided to change my user name back to SlothEnergy. It’s the one I started it and it felt a bit strange to have another one. It didn’t feel like mine, which is also weird because SlothEnergy is not my name either :bigsmile:.
I’m still keeping track of XP gained through my workouts and I am now at 2907. So I’m at Banana Slug level now :nod:. I drew a new profile picture for it.
See you guys at the snow fight! :hop:

SlothEnergy

Thank you, @Mamatigerj , @Fremen , @JCU , @Mianevem , @Anek , @Laura Rainbow Dragon , @TopNotch ! :worried:

I'm going to log this week in. So here it is:
:v: I am doing Fit December - days 11 to 17 this week​
:v: The Power Squats challenge - I'm on day 16​
:v: The Knee push-ups (I'm on day 12) and Wall push-ups (reached day 11) challenges​
Just a bit of light work as I'm busy with the end-of-year busyness :LOL: