Steadfast as the Hills of Stone

Mianevem

Valkyrie from Budapest, Hungary
Thank you, @JCU , @Laura Rainbow Dragon , @Fremen , @NancyTree , @Anek , @Haleth , @CODawn ! It's all fine, I don't even remember those nightmares anymore.

Pets are the best comforters.
They certainly are! Though I think Potyka does it for his own comfort, rather than ours. Once, when I was down with a stomach bug, he only came to me to try and get a taste of the tea I was sipping to ease my nausea. :LOL:

Hi there, @BlackButler :hello:

Wednesday, February 8

Morning
-- 50 min run

Midday
-- 4x30 sec elbow planks | day 18 of Cardio HIIT
-- 65 burpees | day 15 of Burpee

Thursday, February 9

Morning
1 hr 25 min run:
-- 15 min warmup jog
-- 8x: 800 min fast pace (4:47-4:59) | 400 min jog
-- 15 min cooldown jog
For some reason the training plan switched from time-based intervals to distance-based intervals.

Late afternoon
-- Day 19 of Cardio HIIT
-- Day 19 of Makeover

Friday, February 10

Before breakfast
-- 3x pull-ups to failure: 4-2-1 | day 20 of Push & Pull
-- 6x20 shoulder taps | day 20 of Chest & Arms
-- 5x30 sec elbow plank | day 20 of Cardio HIIT
-- 3x40 flutter kicks | day 20 of Makeover | with 0.75 kg ankle weights
-- 1 min 10 sec superman hold | day 20 of Hollow Hold

Midday
-- 45 sec plank | day 16 of Burpee
-- Quick Mobility

Late afternoon
-- 45 sec plank | day 16 of Burpee

Saturday, February 11

A busy day! I counted biking in the city as this day's workout.

Sunday, February 12

Afternoon
-- 50 min run

A lazy day… Recovering from the HTS's carneval party we went to the night before.

Monday, February 13

Morning
33 min run:
-- 10 min warmup jog
-- 12x: 20 sec sprint | 45 sec jog
-- 10 min cooldown jog

Midday
-- Day 6 of Warrior Abs
-- Day 18 of Power HIIT | lvl I | 3 kg dumbbells

Late afternoon
-- Day 21 of Cardio HIIT
-- Day 21 of Makeover
-- 65 burpees | day 17 of Burpee

Tuesday, February 14

Morning
-- 2 hr run

Late afternoon
-- Lovenote | with EC

Wednesday, February 15

Before breakfast
-- 45 min run

Thursday, February 16

Morning
-- 1 hr 5 min run (intervals)

Friday, February 17

LARP

Saturday, February 18

LARP

Sunday, February 19

Evening
-- 45 min run

Monday, February 20

Before breakfast
-- 45 min run

Tuesday, February 21

Morning
85 min run:
-- 5 min warmup
-- 1 hr easy pace (6:01-6:39)
:x: 10 min race pace (5:18-5:30)
:x: 5 min fast pace (4:47-4:59)
-- 5 min cooldown
Between a strong headwind, an aching ankle and a mild cold, I couldn't keep up the target pace during those 15 minutes. :( Luckily my watch is merciful, and after about three attempts it stops beeping at me for being slower than target pace.

Late afternoon
-- Quick Mobility

The year's getting very busy! Luckily it's not only work, but also fun things, like the Forgotten Realms-themed LARP I went to last weekend. The game area was about a 25 min walk/hike away from our apartman, plus you move around a lot during a big LARP anyway, so I consider my workout streak safe. I'll try to get in a bit more exercise apart from running and travelling by bike once I get back into the everyday flow.

But look, look, I was a Moon Elf!

Screenshot_20230221-225730_Gallery_25.jpg

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
They certainly are! Though I think Potyka does it for his own comfort, rather than ours. Once, when I was down with a stomach bug, he only came to me to try and get a taste of the tea I was sipping to ease my nausea. :LOL:
Oh, Potyka!
Luckily my watch is merciful, and after about three attempts it stops beeping at me for being slower than target pace.
More than once I have wished for this feature! (Or just the option to turn off the target pace alarm entirely without cancelling the rest of the workout.) Which watch do you have?
But look, look, I was a Moon Elf!

View attachment 1120
Nice!

Mianevem

Thank you, @HellYeah , @Laura Rainbow Dragon , @TopNotch , @Haleth , @JCU , @NancyTree , @Tileenah , @Fremen , @aku-chan , @Nanna Io , @Anek , @PetiteSheWolf , @CODawn , @mavie !

More than once I have wished for this feature! (Or just the option to turn off the target pace alarm entirely without cancelling the rest of the workout.) Which watch do you have?

I have a Garmin Forerunner 55, and unfortunately I don't think you can turn off its pace alerts if you set a target pace in structured workouts. But it does get bored after a few minutes if you don't listen to it. (I can recommend this watch by the way; it's on the lower end of Garmin's runner watches, so it's affordable, but I don't ever feel like I'd need more features than what it provides.)

Hey, how are you doing?
Thanks for asking! I'm doing fine, though I seem to have run into some injuries... I think it's partly because of poor stress management, so I've been trying to work on that. The main problem right now is my left hip that gave out a loud crack the last time I went bouldering, and has been hurting ever since. The symptoms seem to indicate a labral tear to me, but I'll have it diagnosed by a doctor... but for that I'll need to visit my GP 200 km away and hopefully have her send me to an orthopedist, because it would be too expensive otherwise...

On a more positive note, many good things have happened, too. I had another LARP weekend since the D&D one, and this one was set in the world of The Lord of the Rings. This Saturday I will go to a smaller (only lasting a few hours) and very different LARP inspired by the movie The Death of Stalin.

On an even more positive note, I got engaged! Soon I'll have the preparations of a wedding to be stressed about. 😅

20230225_232152_20.jpg
(Wearing it on my index finger because it has yet to be resized)

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
Congratulations on your engagement!

I hope you get your injuries sorted and healed soon and fully.

I have a Garmin Forerunner 55, and unfortunately I don't think you can turn off its pace alerts if you set a target pace in structured workouts. But it does get bored after a few minutes if you don't listen to it. (I can recommend this watch by the way; it's on the lower end of Garmin's runner watches, so it's affordable, but I don't ever feel like I'd need more features than what it provides.)
Mine is a Garmin Forerunner 220. I was happy with it back in the day, but it's battery doesn't hold juice anymore--I cannot even get in a 3K run with the GPS turned on anymore--so I am hoping to save up enough to replace it soon.

Mianevem

Thank you, @TopNotch , @HellYeah , @JCU , @lofivelcro , @Laura Rainbow Dragon , @oneironaut , @NancyTree , @Fremen , @roman , @Haleth , @aku-chan , @PetiteSheWolf (I don't think we'll have a LOTR-themed wedding. We both get enough of that through our volunteer work at the Hungarian Tolkien Society :LOL: ), @GentleOx , @BetaCorvi , @Anek , @CODawn , @TortoiseVibe, @PETERMORRIS966 , @Silent Wolf , @Tileenah , @Nihopaloa (it's great to see you again! :hellothere:)

Maybe during Easter I will have time to catch up both with myself and with others' logs…

Wednesday, 22 February

Before breakfast
-- 1 hr run

Midday
-- 3x push-ups to failure: 15-15-6 | day 21 of Push & Pull
-- 3x push-ups to failure: 6-13-10 | day 21 of Chest & Arms
-- Dragon Reborn | lvl I

Mianevem

Monday, 27 February

Morning
50 min run: