-- 10x: 20 sec sprint | 45 sec jog
-- 10 min cooldown

Evening
-- 6x24 shoulder taps | day 24 of Chest & Arms
-- 5x30 sec elbow plank | day 22 of Cardio HIIT
-- 5x40 flutter kicks | day 24 of Makeover
-- Day 19 of Power HIIT | lvl III | 8 kg kettlebell
-- 75 burpees | day 19 of Burpee
-- 3x1 pull-ups | day 24 of Push & Pull | first attempt to do pull-ups in a gym. The bar is so ridiculously high there!

This day we bought a gym membership with my fiancé and have been going there several times a week since then. I don't really do anything different from what I'd do at home, but I like the change of environment, and it's a nice way to spend time "together" (we actually just go there and then walk home together, and we both just do our own thing while there). I like the atmosphere of this gym. It doesn't have that stereotypical toxic gym vibe, and instead there are many different kinds of people, each doing their own stuff from light bodyweight cardio to rope skipping to calisthenics to traditional weight training with machines... we usually go there in the morning when there are few people, but if we happen to only have time after work hours, I don't mind that either, because there are more people to peek at during rest times. :p Not in a creepy way, it's just interesting to see all the different kinds of exercises people train themselves with.

Mianevem

Valkyrie from Budapest, Hungary
It was amazing, @Ganhalfit ! I played a counsellor of a king of Arnor, and we all died a heroic death in the end. :happy:

Tuesday, 7 March

Late morning
95 min run:
-- 5 min warmup
-- 1 hr 10 min easy run (6:01-6:39)
-- 10 min race target pace (5:18-5:30)
-- 5 min fast pace (4:47-4:59)

Afternoon
-- 45 sec plank | day 20 of Burpee
-- 3x push-ups to failure: 11-8-5 | day 25 of Push & Pull | I did them nice and slow this time
-- 3x push-ups to failure: 6-7-5 | day 25 of Chest & Arms
-- Day 20 of Power HIIT | lvl III | 3 kg dumbbells
-- Day 23 of Cardio HIIT

Late afternoon
-- Day 25 of Makeover

Evening

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pronouns: You there
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
I'm guessing your back is fine by now?

I love heroic deaths, as long as they are make believe deaths.

Mianevem

Yes, thank you, @Gandhalfit , my neck got better after a few days. Now there's only a hip injury, which I'll talk about soon...

And the LARP's story was that of the (first) battle of Weathertop, so we knew that at the very least the king would die. My character could've escaped, but I didn't want her to be seen as a traitor. 😅

Friday, March 10

Afternoon
1 hr run:
-- 15 min warmup
-- 30 min race target pace (5:18-5:30)
-- 15 min cooldown

Evening
-- Quick Mobility
-- Days 1-9 of Warrior Arms | path of the daggers (only once, after the last set)
-- Backup & Restore

I stopped doing Warrior Abs because I couldn't do sit-ups with my neck pain, and I fell behind considerably anyway.

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
:vibes: for your hip

Yeah... royalty escaping while their people are... suffering (let's call it that) are seem as cowards, so heroic death is probably for the best in this case

Last edited:

Mianevem

Hm, saying it in French sounds as aristocratic as I was supposed to play my character, @PetiteSheWolf :p

Saturday, March 11

Before breakfast
-- Quick Mobility
-- Days 10-11 of Warrior Arms | I forgot the optional quest…

Evening
-- 3x pull-ups to failure: 3-2-2 | day 26 of Push & Pull
-- 7x20 shoulder taps | day 26 of Chest & Arms
-- 5x30 sec elbow plank | day 24 of Cardio HIIT
-- 3x50 flutter kicks | day 26 of Makeover
-- Day 21 of Power HIIT | lvl III | 3 kg dumbbells
-- 75 burpees | day 21 of Burpee

Biking: 4.3 km in total

Mianevem

Wednesday, March 15

Before breakfast
-- 40 min run

Afternoon
-- about 40 min bouldering...
...then at one point, near the top of the wall, I heard and felt a crack and click in my left hip. I could finish that climb just fine, but I couldn't even attempt another wall afterwards… and I haven't fully recovered yet. 🙃

But! This was a different place than the one I tried bouldering at before, and they have some Darebee stretching workouts printed and displayed as a recommendation after finishing the session. ❤

Biking: 10.4 km in total

Mianevem

Thursday, March 16

My fiancé went to the gym without me this morning. With my injured hip, I didn't want to risk not being able to do today's run.
I also started wondering if my running plan got stuck or something… Next week would have been the third one where it wouldn't give me a long run to do (I only see the workouts 7 days in advance). There were about 5 more weeks until the race, so it couldn't yet be tapering.

Late morning
1 hr run:
-- 15 min warmup
-- 30 min fast pace (4:59-5:12)
-- 15 min cooldown
My hip hurt when I started running and when I switched from warmup pace to fast pace. But then the joint got nice and warm, and I didn't feel any discomfort at all.

Late afternoon
-- 3x pull-ups to failure: 3-2-2 | day 28 of Push & Pull
-- 7x22 shoulder taps | day 28 of Chest & Arms
-- 6x30 sec elbow plank | day 26 of Cardio HIIT
-- 4x50 flutter kicks | day 28 of Makeover | very carefully, my hip didn't like them
-- 85 burpees | day 23 of Burpee | same. Took my time with this one.

Evening
-- Days 15-16 of Warrior Arms | path of the daggers

Mianevem

Mianevem

Monday, 20 March

Before breakfast
-- 3x pull-ups to failure: 1-1-1 | day 30 of Push & Pull | this was done at the gym, so clearly at home I cheat a bit…
-- 7x24 shoulder taps | day 30 of Chest & Arms
-- 6x30 sec elbow plank | day 28 of Cardio HIIT
-- 5x50 flutter kicks | day 30 of Makeover
-- Days 18-20 of Warrior Arms | path of the daggers

Evening
-- 40 min run

Mianevem

Tuesday, 21 March

Before breakfast
-- 45 min run

Late morning
-- Day 24 of Power HIIT | lvl III | 3 kg dumbbells
-- 85 burpees | day 25 of Burpee

Afternoon
-- Day 29 of Cardio HIIT
-- Day 21 of Warrior Arms | no optional quest

Evening
-- Resilient | with EC | my hip hurt when I lifted my right leg during #2, so my form wasn't perfect there
-- 1 min 20 sec superman hold | day 22 of Hollow Hold
-- Self-Care | several positions had to be modified or substituted because of my hip, and some transitions had to be very slow and careful

Mianevem

Wednesday, 22 March

Before breakfast
-- 6x30 sec elbow plank | day 30 of Cardio HIIT
-- 1 min 30 sec hollow hold | day 23 of Hollow Hold
-- Spring Chicken | lvl III | during rest times: 13-11-10-11-11-11 burpees
-- 23 more burpees | day 26 of Burpee | the plank jump-in part hurt my hip, so I did that very carefully, neglecting form
-- 5x1 min punches | day 22 of Warrior Arms

Afternoon
95 min run:
-- 5 min warmup
-- 1 hr 10 min easy pace (6:01-6:39)
-- 10 min race target pace (5:18-5:30)
-- 5 min fast pace (4:47-4:59)
-- 5 min cooldown

Biking: 9.9 km in total

Mianevem

Thursday, 23 March

Before breakfast
-- Day 25 of Power HIIT | lvl III | 3 kg dumbbells | squats and side lunges are fine, but I still did them slowly and carefully to avoid accidentally jerking my hip into pain
-- Day 27 of Burpee | I just did 95 push-ups and 12 jump squats (then switched to regular squats) because my hip really wasn't having any of this
-- Day 23 of Warrior Arms | path of the daggers
-- 1 min 30 sec superman hold | day 24 of Hollow Hold

Afternoon
40 min run:
-- 5 min warmup
-- 20 min easy pace (6:01-6:39)
-- 10 min fast pace (4:47-4:59)
-- 5 min cooldown

Mianevem

Monday, 27 March

Before breakfast
-- Day 28 of Power HIIT | lvl III | 3 kg dumbbells
-- Day 27 of Warrior Arms | path of the daggers
-- 4x10 shoulder presses | 7 kg dumbbells
-- 4x7 overhead tricep extensions | 4 kg dumbbells
Annoyingly, I left my phone at home when going to the gym this morning. So every time I forgot what I was supposed to do, I went to my fiancé and borrowed his phone to check. Rest times weren't measured.

Late afternoon
51 min run:
-- 15 min warmup
-- 6x: 1 min run (4:41-4:53) | 1 min jog
-- 6x: 30 sec run (4:03-4:16) | 1 min jog
-- 15 min cooldown
With the harsh wind and an aching hip, I couldn't always reach the target race. Garmin coach's confidence meter dropped.

Mianevem

Sunday, 2 April

Before breakfast
-- 8 km bike ride
By this time, I had come to terms with the fact that running aggravates my hip injury, and I have to stop until I get better. This was the first bike ride that I did specifically as a replacement for running.

Evening
-- 5x20 bridges, 5x20 single leg bridges, 5x20 low side leg raises | day 2 of Code of Abs had exercises which don't look like I'd want to do them with my hip's current state, so I did some exercises that should be helpful instead.
-- 3x12 calf raises | day 2 of Leg Day Everyday
-- Day 3 of PPL | abs
-- Body Flow | the lizard pose and the half lotus twist had to be modified for my hip's sake. Luckily, if I'm careful, there's not even the slightest of pain during pigeon, so I still have ways to stretch the muscles surrounding my hip
-- Soulbound | with several modifications

Mianevem

Tuesday, 4 April

Before breakfast
-- 8 km bike ride

Afternoon
-- Day 4 of Code of Abs | lvl III | I can't support my weight in an elbow plank position with my bad side without pain (a side plank is perfectly fine, interestingly), so plank leg raises and plank crunches were substituted with bridges and single-leg bridges
-- 3x12 calf raises | day 4 of Leg Day Everyday

Late evening
-- Out & About | lvl III
-- Explorer | lvl III
-- Porter | lvl I

Additional biking: 14.08 km in total

Mianevem

Wednesday, 5 April

Before breakfast
-- Day 5 of PPL | 5/6/7 kg dumbbells
-- Day 5 of Code of Abs | lvl I | bridges instead of crunch kicks
-- 40 sec bridge hold | day 5 of Leg Day Everyday

Evening
-- 8 km bike ride | I tried to speed up where there was a long enough stretch without a lamp or traffic slowing me down, but my hip began hurting afterwards. At least it's a dull ache, and the range of motion doesn't seem to be affected, so I'm trying not to be too alarmed. But, I guess, only gentle biking is allowed now.

JCU

Scout from WNY
Pronouns: She/Her
Congratulations on the program and both challenges! :fireworks:

Massage is the biggest help when my joints are bothering me. Maybe see if there's a good massage therapist near you who can take a look? I hope it feels better soon!

Mianevem

Thank you, @JCU !
If I spend money on therapy, it really should be an orthopedist I show it to first. But it would be so expensive that I haven't yet convinced myself to do it. My original plan was to go to my GP and have her send me to an orthopedist so that it's covered by the obligatory health insurance, but then I realised this was a naïve thought… People with more serious issues often have to wait months for an appointment if they go to a state-financed institution. Isn't it great to have free healthcare when the healthcare system can't actually serve you? :LOL:

Thursday, 6 April

Before breakfast
-- 3x12 calf raises | Day 6 of Leg Day Everyday
-- Day 6 of PPL | pull | 7 kg dumbbells | hammer curls are a bit weird because my hips are in the way when I'm lowering the dumbbells 😅
-- Day 6 of Code of Abs

We didn't have a white Christmas, but we had a white Easter instead.

20230407_074225_25.jpg

Mianevem

Saturday, 8 April

Morning
-- 3.28 km walk

Throughout the day
-- lots of walking in the zoo

Evening
-- 3x: 20 bridges, 20 single-leg bridges (left leg), 20 standing leg raises (left leg), 20 squats | skipping day 8 of Code of Abs because the exercises don't help my hip

Late evening
-- 3x14 calf raises | day 8 of Leg Day Everyday

A thing we didn't know we had on our bucket list: to sit under a leopard. :LOL:

20230408_134753_25.jpg

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Did you go to an orthopedic doctor?
Could you get a referral from your gp and try to get a private meeting while you wait for the public one?

Thanks for the pictures. Snow and a cat 😁👍

Mianevem

@Gandhalfit I think my only feasible option would be an appointment with a private orthopedist. Public healthcare is really useless in this regard. And I suppose you're right, @Tileenah (and thank you for the congrats! :love:) I shouldn't just hope it will go away on its own… It's just that I'm afraid that I will pay a bunch of money to a doc only to have him say that he has no idea but if I don't move it won't hurt...

Sunday, 9 April

Morning
-- 5.72 km walk | I tried a bit of jogging (a total of 100 m or less), but I felt mild discomfort in my hip, so I'm not going to push it.

Afternoon
-- 1 min single-leg balance (left leg), careful attempts at hip flexor stretch, 4x16 calf raises with 5 kg dumbbells, 4x12 clamshells (left leg) | skipping day 8 of PPL too, for the same reasons
-- Day 9 of Code of Abs
-- 30 sec bridge hold | day 9 of Leg Day Everyday