How long will I keep it up ?

Nihopaloa

Duelist from Germany
"Eyyyy"
@PetiteSheWolf der Himmel über Berlin ;)

@Tileenah ah, it always makes me happy when someone learns German :flowers: I've learnt some Italian years ago, too, but never really followed through with it. And concerning Japanese and Kanji... don't worry, Kanji are the plague :LOL: If you consider that even Japanese have problems with them, you really don't need to feel bad.
About German movies/shows... anything you like? Although I could only give recommendations up to the early 2000s, after that, I stopped watching TV. Das Boot is one of my favourite films, but it's very long and you have to like submarines, I guess.

Tileenah

Warrior from France
@Nihopaloa I like anything that has an interesting story. My german teacher in school used to show us really good german films and I miss that ("Goodbye Lennin" is one of my all time favorite, and with Daniel Brühl... I had a huge crush on him as a teenager :D or "das leben der anderen", "die weiße Rose"... I don't remember all the titles but I really liked them...)
I think I've seen "das Boot" with my brother back when I was a teenager when he was applying to a german company and watching all he could find in german to get into the language... This was the time I also watched men in black in german and just couldn't follow at all! 😅
I'll see if I can find "das boot" at the library, I don't think my husband has seen it 😊
Oh and I watched "alles was zählt" too (you see, I have a wide range 😂) because it was on french TV and I could watch it in original dubbing...

Nihopaloa

Duelist from Germany
"Eyyyy"
I can understand not being able to follow Men in Black. If I remember correctly, Will Smith is talking real fast. No idea if that's only in the German localisation or generally. Black people in comedies used to talk super fast, like Eddie Murphy. I'm suddenly interested if that was a German thing of if they talked so fast in the original, too. Usually, though, German localisations are of very high quality, so you usually can't really go wrong with them.
Bud Spencer and Terence Hill films are super fun in German. They're full of stupid jokes and lines, even when nothing is said in the original. You can often hear them saying something stupid, but they don't even move their mouths :LOL: The German localisations are legendary because of this.
If you want to see something disturbing, watch "Das Millionenspiel", about a fictional TV show where a candidate has to survive being hunted by killers to claim his prize. It's made to look like a real TV show, with a famous German moderator of that time. People even called the TV station after that film aired to apply for the role of the killer or the hunted, imagine that! The moderator (Dieter Thomas Heck) talks very fast, though, so beware. He was well-known for that.
bandits is another great German film, about a female band of prisoners. It's a music film, and a pretty good one. Great soundtrack, too.
Bang Boom Bang is a comedy that's a bit in the style of Guy Ritchie films (like Snatch).
Comedian Harmonists is another music film, this time about a group of singers in the 1920s. Good music, good production, good film.
Didi auf vollen Touren is a stupid comedy about a trucker. It was a German/French co-production and I still like to watch it now and then.
If you want to watch something legendary but also brainless, watch Alarm für Cobra 11. It's a TV show about a police unit, with lots of exploding cars.
That's a few from the top of my head, I'll probably think about more.

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Wow thank you so much @Nihopaloa !!! :thanks:
I think the only real reason I got better in english and forgot all about german is the hard time I have to practice it in my daily life, and that makes me so sad because I put a lot of time and effort learning it the first time. English is everywhere around me, even in France, you'll find people that are really fluent and there are all those TV shows and series and films that you can watch and learn from.
With german it's not that easy and past the stage when I was in school and had my classmates to speak with it became really complicated to practice. So I forgot. I can still understand in reading but if spoken it has to be real slow. And I can't speak at all. I still know some of the words but I forgot their gender... So good luck forming a sentence that way :break:
Anyway that's a lot of ranting, I just really wanted to thank you, I am so happy and overexcited to go through that list and discover all those films! :hop:

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Today was a nice day, although I was very tired (I got to sleep way to late yesterday...)
I was at the ludothèque all morning (like a library but for board games? I'm too lazy to look the word up) where I volonteer every now and then. There was nobody except my family so we had time to try plenty of games with the girls which was nice. In the afternoon I had my piano lesson, and then I ran 5km and escaped 1 zombie. I wasn't feeling it today and my knees and ankles hurt a bit. I had a hard time to motivate myself for the programs but I did them so yay me!
D14 of hiit advanced, total abs and unbound done. This combination takes too much time in my current life (with 2 minutes rest and 2 minutes exercising in 7 sets, hiit advanced often takes up 28 minutes and then total abs is 21 to 28 minutes too some days so that's nearly an hour. And I have the running to do also... Which takes up minimum 40 minutes for a short run of 5 to 6 km...)
I'll have to arrange things another way for next month because I'm starting to feel demotivated...

NancyTree

Valkyrie from The Netherlands
For German films, I found Der Fall Collini (2019) very good.
I remember we watched Goodbye Lenin! (2003) in school and liking it, but don't remember what it's about (that was 15 years ago for me..). Der Untergang (2004) should be good too.

If you like you can always watch disney films with German speach.

If you want to watch something legendary but also brainless, watch Alarm für Cobra 11. It's a TV show about a police unit, with lots of exploding cars.
That's a few from the top of my head, I'll probably think about more.

I can add Medikopter 117 and Kommissar Rex to the list

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Thank you @NancyTree @Mianevem @JCU @roman @Anek @Montserrat :love: I am amazed you guys keep cheering for me weeks after weeks !
And also my daughter is all better, it was over in a day and so far nobody else is sick... :D
Yesterday no other workout than my african dance lesson, I spent the whole day running to and from school and in the garden shredding branches (I had no idea it was so much work, but I'm a complete noob in gardening...)
Today I did some "gardening" again : I moved cut branches from one spot to another to take them to the recycling area later. And I did D18 of hiit advanced, total abs and unbound.
Have a nice day or night bees !

Tileenah

Warrior from France
I started with the work outs today.
I ran 6km, and did D20 of hiit advanced, total abs and unbound.
Now off to the rest of my day ! I want to install a pull-up bar and learn how to do them. I'll look for a tutorial on darebee and see if there's a program or challenge when I finish the ones I'm doing to get better at those. Have a nice week-end bees ! :dance:

HellYeah

"On the Run!"
To conquer the pull-up, it might be of help to join the TeamChallenge in the playground. You will find practical and moral support there for sure.

Until then:

Tileenah

Warrior from France
To conquer the pull-up, it might be of help to join the TeamChallenge in the playground. You will find practical and moral support there for sure.

Until then:
Thank you so much for the link and the advice! I will look at those with much interest :thanku:

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Thank you @Nihopaloa :love:
We tried to install some pull up bars but ended up breaking a bit of the newly painted walls... Then we looked up the notice which said you had to have "full" and not "hollow" walls to install the bars... :sadness:
So I have a repair on my hands and we're going to buy something that we can fix outside the house because that's the only place we have the height and the right walls :giveup:
Other than that, went on the worker's day protest with my family, ate at my parents, then back home and ran 9km, programmed the menus for the week and the shopping list, and did D21 of total abs, hiit advanced and unbound. A nice full day.
Have a nice night or day bees!

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Today was shopping day, and I had loads of things to buy as last month was tight money-wise. So I came back with a trolley full, an ikea bag also full and my daughter strapped in my back. And of course it's really hilly around here so I had to go up and down... That definitely counts as exercising! (and I think I wouldn't have managed it without training regularly...)
Tonight I ran 5km, did D22 of total abs, hiit advanced (right after running : it was not a good idea but I wouldn't have had the time otherwise) and unbound.
I'm ready for a shower!!!
See you bees! :bored:

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Thank you @Nihopaloa and @kandy :flowers:
It is rewarding indeed, I'm very happy with my achievements since I started working out regularly :ss:
Today was my 10km fast pace race : I ran at the average speed of 5'15"! The same as my 8km soaked fast pace race, but 2km more. I'm very happy and calling it a day on workouts. No darebee for me tonight, I'm hoping to go to bed early...

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Today was ugh... At least it's over.
I had to run the whole day, and my husband was sick so I had to manage by myself with the daughters. And the house cleaning because of sick husband.
I still managed to do D23 of hiit advanced and total abs and unbound (thankfully it wasn't too long) during my daughter's nap and also squeezed in 15 minutes of duolingo but that's all the time I had for myself since 6.38 a.m. It is now past 8pm and all I want to do is lie down and sleep...:bored:

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Thank you @NancyTree :lovely:
My husband is all better ! Yay ! Now guess who got sick right after him and can't move from bed ? (Lying down is okay but everything else is not...)
Yup, that's right, no exercising for me today. I only managed 3 times 1 pull-up + 30 secs of dead hangs from newly installed pull-up bar throughout the morning (that's my max reps for now... I have room for progress !!! )
It is killing my hands ! My skin hurts, I think I'll have blisters soon...