Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
4/15

• Ping Pong - 1 hour

4/16

• AoS - Day 2 complete
• Hiking - 2.5 miles

Weight: 257.8

I basically destroyed three months of progress in just one month, but man. I'm actually surprised I was losing weight at the start of this year, as I had so many bad days and engaged in so many bad habits. I kept making up excuses for eating junk food or eating too many calories. Ridiculousness! I shall get that scale moving down again.

I LOVE the place I hike at. I thought I'd get bored of it by now, but it has so much to offer, and it's refreshing to see the differences spring has brought to the visuals. If I do get bored of it here one day, it probably won't be for another three years!

beach day.jpg
IMG_20230416_173540915.jpg
IMG_20230416_173221165.jpg

IMG_20230416_175805389_HDR.jpg

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Very very pretty... I don't think you can get bored of true natture, and water-sea in particular. Even if I am familiar with the place since birth, I cannot get enough of the beach and coast of St Malo, for example. Even the daily walk nearby is never the same.

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
• AoS - Day 3 complete
• Kixkboxing - 1.5 hours

Weight: 258

Man, those Monday night kickboxing guys are intense. But I like it (even though I wish some of them would slow down so I could process what's happening). I was less overwhelmed this time and was able to understand what I should be doing a little better. But I feel like I'm a bug being played with by a child. They're just ripping me apart! One of them gave my a bloody nose today. But I like it, it's a symbol of going into battle! WOO.

There was a guy there today who I had not seen before. He was 7'0". I am 5'0". I was very excited to fight him. Turns out, fighting someone two feet taller than you is very difficult. Haha

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
• AoS - Day 5 complete
• Kickboxing - 1.5 hours

Weight: 255.2

Another night of kickboxing. Another bloody nose. And a bonus: I hurt my big toe when the teacher blocked a kick I tried to throw. He warned me about it so many times and he was right that it hurt lol.

I wanted to go hiking tomorrow. I don't know if I'll be able to, but we shall see how ma toe's doing.

My biggest weakness right now is that I don't want to punch people in the face/head. Every ounce of my body tells me that that's not something I should do to another person, because I don't want to hurt them! Gaaaah. There was a moment where I was fighting this guy and I had a perfect shot at his chin, and I went to punch him there, but I backed out of it and just barely touched him. He told me I need to commit lol.

I love kickboxing. I absolutely never thought I'd do it one day. It was never something I had the desire to participate in. And I've never learned about it or seen anything about it. But I had been wanting to be taught exercise by a teacher for a long time, and this sounded like a great deal, if I could go with a friend so that I'm more comfortable. It was just like "Yeah, why not, I'll take any type of exercise I can get" and wow is it so much more fun than I could have thought. It's definitely the sport for me.

Now that I think about it, I seem to enjoy almost every type of exercise I try out. Hiking? Chest press? Leg press? Ping pong? Kickboxing? Jogging/running? If I like all of these things so much, then AGH! That's so much WASTED POTENTIAL throughout my life! I should rewind time and make my younget self put down the Pokemon and pick up the boxing gloves...

:mad:

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
• AoS - Day 9 complete

• Chest Press - 55 pounds (3x10)
• Lateral raises - 5 pounds (3x10)

• Treadmill - 1.5 miles
• Stair machine - 20 flights (15 minutes)
• Leg press - 155 pounds (3x12)

Weight: 257.3

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
Well, I don't have any recent exercise to update, but I want to post in here to kind of get back into the habit of being on Darebee. I think writing in here is good for me, it feels like my own little safe place. So this is just going to be an update on my mental health journey, not exercise specific~

I just feel like something's missing. And it's really hard to exercise or eat healthy. I don't feel like a normal person. It's like I can't feel myself or feel my place in the world. I'm detached. Every day, it just feels like I'm watching an actor in a movie. I don't mean that I'm behaving in a fake way, but that it feels like everything is set up. I don't feel connected to anything.

Logically, I know that I do feel better when I'm exercising, eating healthily, and maintainng a clean room and losing weight. But I still stop myself from doing what's right. It's frustrating.

Funnily enough, my weight is down to 250 now. But that wasn't me. That was due to circumstances - being too distracted to have the time to overindulge. I have made a new good habit, which is switching to eating protein snacks instead of unhealthy snacks, but it didn't take effort to do it, it kinda just happened. So I didn't accomplish anything. I'm just like, swaying along to life, it's like life decided that this is where my current path is, and I didn't make it go one way or the other.

I know it's temporary. I still have a lot of work to do. I am considering taking medication for my mental health. It might be time.

Good news at least - I'm not in nearly as much pain now as I was. Almost all of March and April was filled with daily severe pain. Now that I have been eating better, it doesn't hurt so much. I did eat a very triggering food today unfortunately (chicken salad sandwich), so the pain is back right now, but I had like 4 days where I didn't have much pain at all, and it felt so relieving and freeing.

I may be struggling with getting myself to follow exercises, but at least kickboxing will be back on on Wednesday. I really enjoy going to that. My teacher went on vacation last week. I am glad that I still have kickboxing to be able to go to when I'm unable to do anything else.

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
I'm feeling much better now. Kickboxing lifted up my mood so much. I almost didn't go, because last night I binged junk food and it made me feel really bad today (physically and mentally). I thought if I went to kickboxing, I'd feel too bad to be able to do much. But thankfully that didn't happen, I was able to stay for the full session and it made me feel better both physically and mentally.

• Kickboxing - 1 hour
• AoS - Day 4 complete (lvl 3)
• Stronger Arms (lvl 1) - I did this exercise last year, and it caused me a lot of pain due to inflammation+stiffness in my shoulder. I've always wondered how limiting the inflammation+stiffness really is. I've wondered a lot if I was just lacking will and coming up with an excuse. But today, I don't have inflammation or stiffness, and this exercise did not hurt my shoulder to do. Wooow.

Weight: 254

Last edited:

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
5/4

Hiking - 6 miles

Travelled an hour to Missouri to check out a new place. Terrain was much more difficult in this area! It put 2 holes in my shoes, 1 hole in my leggings, and gave me a few blisters. Quite the costly trip!

After I buy new (and hopefully higher quality) hiking shoes, I plan to go back. And new, hopefully higher quality, leggings.

5/5

AoS - Day 5 complete

Weight: 251

Such drastic weight fluctuations, lol

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
• AoS - Day 6 complete!

• Stair machine - 29 flights (24 minutes)
• Treadmill - 1.43 miles (30 minutes)
• Walking around park - 1 mile

• Chest press - 3x10 (55 pounds)
• Lateral raises - 3x11 (5 pounds)
• Bench press - 3x9 (30 pounds)

Weight: 252.8

I was happy to FINALLY challenge my anxiety and give the bench press a try. I've wanted to try it so many times, but always stopped myself out of fear that I'd be doing it wrong and people would think badly of me. But today, there was only one other guy in the gym, and I debated back and forth so long but finally went for it.

It wasn't a great experience though. Just felt awkward to use. The barbell is wavy, and I really dislike that. Lol. At least I finally did it and don't have to worry about trying it anymore.

516FyZrcq9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
You also dealt with a lot of uncool stuff and still managed to lose some weight. You're doing very well!

Oh wow...You're right. I didn't even think about that. That situation with my roommate was a nightmare, and being sick more often than not were valid reasons to be struggling and not being on my A game. Thank you for the reminder, it means more than you know :heart:

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
@Froud Maybe this is a sign that you should get back into them! :D
Me? Be careful? But I LIVE for danger! I'm an adrenaline junkie! :kungfu:

• AoS - Day 9 complete!

Weight: 258 - I guess the 250-260 range is just where I'm gonna be for a while haha.

I was too tired yesterday to write about my kickboxing session. But I will do so now!

The teacher taught me how to duck to avoid hits. Then I was fighting a guy named Michael, and I was able to use that during our fight! It was great!

I also met a new guy (new to me - everyone else knew him). I think his name is Marty. Marty looked so tough, and when I watched him spar against the teacher, I was like dang, this guy is no joke, I probably won't want to spar against him because he is way too intense for me. But we ended up making eye contact and I ended up sparring against him even though I didn't want to :sweetcheeks:

...Turns out, he's wonderful at adjusting himself to my level. He was like...the PERFECT sparring partner for me. I enjoyed sparring against him even more than when I spar against the teacher. And he gave me really great feedback and complimented me at the right times. I think I'm in kickboxing infatuation with him! He will be my kickboxing father figure from now on XD

Actually, funny thing, aside from my friend (who I don't think is going to go anymore?), I'm super young compared to everyone else. I'm 26, but I think everyone else is at least 35 (wouldn't be surprised if everyone else is 40+ though). A few of them may be in their 50's.

I really love this class because it feels like such a random mix of people. Everyone is different heights, different weights, totally different bodies, different personalities. If you put all of us in a room together and asked what we had in common, I don't think you'd be able to come up with anything, and I don't feel like anything about any of us gives away that we are into kickboxing lol. It's sooooo cool to have so many different types of people all be part of the same group. I just love that!

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
You guys are so great :lovely:

I binged donuts and fast food this morning. Took a nap, woke up, threw up, felt too bad to go to kickboxing. I feel really slumped down right now. Seems like food has a much bigger impact on my mood than I gave it credit for. It's strange how I will do well for a few weeks or months, and then just struggle really hard to get back on track.

• AoS - Day 10 complete! (lvl 1)

Weight: 254.4

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
AoS - Day 11 complete!

I have to be careful! The other day, I told myself "I should exercise right now, but I can just do it before 6pm, it'll be fine". Then 6pm came and I had to leave. Then I didn't exercise the next day either!
But I got it back today! Even if it's only the short 5-minute Darebee exercise haha. Wish I could've hit the gym today, but I've been very busy so decided to rest for today.

Weight: 254.4

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
• AoS - Day 12 complete!

• Stair machine - 23 floors (15 minutes)
• Treadmill - 2 miles
• Leg press - 3x12 (160 pounds)
• Stride machine thing - 1000 steps (12.5 minutes)

• Chest press - 3x10 (55 pounds)
• Lateral raises - 3x9 (5 pounds)

• Gardening - 1.5hrs!
Never thought I'd enjoy gardening, I always actively disliked the idea of it. But I did it with some friends and it was so much fun. And it felt like exercise to plough that soil up haha. We planted strawberries, cucumber, zucchini, and flowers!

Weight: 256.6

:tired:

Last edited: