I am starving at the end of the afternoon! Please help! :)

lord_romain

Hello everybody!
I guess it happens to a lot of us.. I use to do Weight Watcher and enjoy it, but I have one big issue... aroung 3:00 PM I am starting to be very hungry and the temptation is hard to eat something...
Do you have any idea what I can eat (receipes are welcome) in order to fullfil me but without feeling bad? :)
Any suggestion is welcome!
Thanks!

Runamok

Amazon from Miami, FL
Pronouns: She, her
"Mantra: I am ready to make my dreams come true and create my happy place."
I used to have the same problem until I committed to drinking over 70oz water a day 3 fresh fruits and 4 servings of veggies when I’m consistent sometimes I’m not even hungry at meal time.

Nihopaloa

Duelist from Germany
"Eyyyy"
If you have a certain time where you get hungry, hunting for the cause would be a better idea.
For example: when do you usually eat and what? How are your activity levels? Are you drinking enough water? Why is it a problem if you get hungry? Are you trying to lose weight (probably, judging from you mentionen Weight Watchers).
Going from this, you can try rearranging your times of eating. For example, eat something at 8, 13, and 19 o'clock. That's five to six hours between meals, with a long gap during the night. If that doesn't work, try eating lunch later. Or dinner earlier.
What are you eating for lunch? If you feel hungry a couple of hours later, maybe your meal lacks (animal) protein. I mention animal protein especially, because plant-based protein like beans or the like never keep me satiated for long. Or you need more veggies, to physically fill your stomach for longer. Experimenting with various types of carbs can help, too.
If you're not very active, try working out when you get hungry (paradoxically, this helps me).
Drink a glass of water. Drink coffee. Drink broth with nothing else.
Try not to graze on things like veggies and fruits now and then, treating them like snacks. I think snacking, no matter how low-calorie something is, doesn't help in the long run. Try to have a couple of hours between meals. That will also help your digestion.

Edit: I'm not against snacks, if you treat a snack as a single meal with a buffer to the previous and following meal. Example: Lunch at 13, a pudding at 16, dinner at 19. I'm against snacking, meaning, having a bowl of small things next to you, no matter what, and putting something of that into your mouth every couple of minutes.

lord_romain

If you have a certain time where you get hungry, hunting for the cause would be a better idea.
For example: when do you usually eat and what? How are your activity levels? Are you drinking enough water? Why is it a problem if you get hungry? Are you trying to lose weight (probably, judging from you mentionen Weight Watchers).
Going from this, you can try rearranging your times of eating. For example, eat something at 8, 13, and 19 o'clock. That's five to six hours between meals, with a long gap during the night. If that doesn't work, try eating lunch later. Or dinner earlier.
What are you eating for lunch? If you feel hungry a couple of hours later, maybe your meal lacks (animal) protein. I mention animal protein especially, because plant-based protein like beans or the like never keep me satiated for long. Or you need more veggies, to physically fill your stomach for longer. Experimenting with various types of carbs can help, too.
If you're not very active, try working out when you get hungry (paradoxically, this helps me).
Drink a glass of water. Drink coffee. Drink broth with nothing else.
Try not to graze on things like veggies and fruits now and then, treating them like snacks. I think snacking, no matter how low-calorie something is, doesn't help in the long run. Try to have a couple of hours between meals. That will also help your digestion.

Edit: I'm not against snacks, if you treat a snack as a single meal with a buffer to the previous and following meal. Example: Lunch at 13, a pudding at 16, dinner at 19. I'm against snacking, meaning, having a bowl of small things next to you, no matter what, and putting something of that into your mouth every couple of minutes.
Thanks for your comments!
Right now, I am not super active I have to admit but I really want me to be back o ntrack with the gym and home training. I like your idea to be more active while I want to eat, maybe I can think of a small training during those periods of the days...
And yes, I guess water and proteins could help. I use to take some lean fir proteins which help but not for long. I just want to not do got the dinner with an empty stomac if you see what I mean.
Thanks for all those good advices! Very appreciated :)

TheNourWayWoman

Mother of Dragons from Algeria
"3x Mom of Boys, TradWife, and Muslima (Lost 230 lbs)"
My current meal plan:

- Oatmeal for breakfast
- 1-2 cups of dark roast black coffee with a tablespoon of honey
- Fruits for snacks/lunch
- Full Balanced meal (with something green)
- 1.5 Liter of water or more

Dustyqotf

Fae from Maine USA
also your weight loss program might not be the right program for you.. if your hungry due to your weight loss program when you do eat you will just store the calories for fat rather than use them in a healthy manner that they should be used.