Elevated calf raises

broli

Ninja Posts: 111
Where should I end support when doing them?
I mean how much the foot should lean on the elevated support.

For example the ankle recovery WO has them.
In the pic I can't see well since it's from behind.

Solution
Let's assume you use the step of a stair for your elevated calf raises. You stand on the step, mostly with your toes, balls of your feet in the air.
Balls of the feet in the air? The link states:
Position toes and balls of feet on calf block with arches and heels extending off. Place hand on support for balance.
And no "hand on support for balance" here so it's easier to lose it.

Nihopaloa

Duelist from Germany
"Eyyyy"
Let's assume you use the step of a stair for your elevated calf raises. You stand on the step, mostly with your toes, balls of your feet in the air.
Then you perform a calf raise, and when you lower yourself down, lower your balls as much as you can without losing your balance. Then you raise your calf again, and so on.
Look here for how it's done. I think there should be a video, I can't check because of browser settings, but I'm pretty sure there is one.

broli

Ninja Posts: 111
Balls of the feet in the air? The link states:
Position toes and balls of feet on calf block with arches and heels extending off. Place hand on support for balance.
And no "hand on support for balance" here so it's easier to lose it.

Solution

Nihopaloa

Duelist from Germany
"Eyyyy"
You're absolutely right, I meant the heels. English side of my brain switched off randomly last night, apologies. Everything else would be quite a neat feat of aerobics and grip strength of your toes.
So, yes, toes and balls on the surface, heels in the air.