mossy's training log

mossy

Hello, this will be my fitness journal where I keep track of things. This isn't my first time trying to make a fitness routine, but hopefully this will be my successful attempt! :yas:

I'm a transmasc person, I am 5'5" and I weigh about 216 pounds (Underlined for future reference so i know where to look when I read back on my progress) as of 05/16/23.

I am on a calorie deficit diet of 1732 calories 5 days a week and 2200 calories 2 days a week. At first, I was hesitant about trying a calorie counting diet. I struggle with binge eating and I've heard that calorie counting can have a negative affect on people with disordered eating. However, I am very comfortable with my diet. It actually helps me be more mindful of what I'm eating when I open my calorie tracking app and record what meals I had in a day. I also don't hold myself to an impossible standard. I do my best to aim for my goal or a little below it and I very often succeed, but some days I'll be 100-300 calories over. Those are still victories to me, because it's way better than how I've been eating for years. I also don't focus only on calories. I make sure I include meals with the nutrition my body needs. I've been doing a lot of research on the type of food I specifically need and I'm very fortunate to have a good understanding of it now. I wish actual healthy eating wasn't so corrupted by diet culture marketing!

I started that diet in March of this year and about mid-April I had already lost 4 pounds! I can shed weight and gain weight very quickly.

To start out, I'm going to do the wall push-ups 30 day challenge and work my way up to doing knee push-ups. I will add exercises as I see fit (I would like to add cardio).

Tuesday 05-16-23
:v: 50 wall push-ups
:v: darebee yoga: self-care
~1700/1732 Calories

Last edited:

mossy

I appreciate all the welcome messages! It's nice to be in the community. Today... my whole body hurts :giveup:by that I mean my shins from practicing a deep squat, my triceps and chest from wall pushups, and my lower back from yoga. I am still going to look for a challenge to do that doesn't strain those specific muscles, maybe a cardio challenge.

My body has a tough time bouncing back from workouts even if I give it rest, nutritious food, and water (like I did yesterday). But maybe that's just how it is for everyone, I dunno yet. I'll see about massaging my muscles later.

Wednesday 05-17-23
- Darebee exercise: possum
- Darebee exercise: perseverance (3 sets)
~1550/1732 calories.

Last edited:

Tileenah

Warrior from France
My body has a tough time bouncing back from workouts even if I give it rest, nutritious food, and water (like I did yesterday). But maybe that's just how it is for everyone, I dunno yet. I'll see about massaging my muscles later.
The first weeks and mostly the first days of exercising hurt. That's pretty much the same for everybody (with huge variations on how much it hurts because we're not built equals in that area either...). Once you get used to it and your muscles strengthen you'll be able to exercise more before it hurts the same way. If you progress and up the difficulty of what you do though, you'll be hurting for a while until you reach the level you like. But nothing like the first 2 weeks or so. It's worth it in the end but it's hard, that's why so many people don't exercise at all. There are very good explanations here on this phenomenon https://darebee.com/fitness/muscle-recovery.html
And this can also help
:gogogo:we're right there with you!

mossy

A late night post for me, I spent the day with my boyfriend. I asked him to do yoga with me so I could stay on track today and so I could see him struggle as much as I do lol! Unfortunately he was having some pretty painful muscle soreness from work so we didn't get around to doing a workout, but he did help me cook a healthy dinner for myself, him, and my mom (my dad has a different diet than my mom and I)!

After taking him home, I realize how exhausted I am. Long social interaction makes my brain feel like goop even if it's with my most special people. So I'm going to turn my brain off for a bit - actually I'll put on a guided meditation! I'll also try to fit in some yoga before I sleep.

Edit: I ended up not doing yoga, but the meditation was much needed. The guided video I was watching was 15 minutes long and when it turned off I just kept resting and clearing my mind for another 45 minutes. I came out of it really refreshed. I also felt a lot of gratitude today. Was a good day.

Thursday 05-18-23
~1450/1732 calories

Last edited:

mossy

I had to fast for half the day for an imaging appointment, but I didn't feel that hungry so it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I treated myself to a little bit of Starbucks on the way home from it and it was super good. I also made sure to eat something that would actually sustain my body when I got home too lol. My arms finally hurt less so I'll be carrying on with the arm push-ups challenge, and I'll look around Darebee for an exercise that suits my mood for today. If I can't find one, I'll keep myself from procrastinating and just do some yoga because I really enjoy it.

Edit: I tried 3 or so workouts after the pushups and was not enjoying any of them. Started getting a headache from straining myself. Gonna take a break for an hour or 2 and try again later.

Friday 05-19-23
- Darebee Wall Push-ups Challenge Day 1
- Darebee Perseverance workout (3 sets)
~1600/1732 calories

Last edited:

mossy

Today is Saturday, where I spend time with my DND friends and eat pizza with them! Therefore Saturdays are one of the days where I have more freedom with my calories. It feels more earned this time around with my fitness regimen in place!

Saturday 05-20-23
- Wall Push-ups Challenge Day 2
- Easy Core Challenge Day 1
- Plank Hero Challenge Day 1
~2100/2200 calories

Last edited:

mossy

I went on a long walk with my aunt today! It was miserably hot outside so I'm gonna take a nap and drink lots of water. I think it's going to rain, so maybe my nap will be extra cozy.

Edit: I will include how many calories burned to these posts when I see fit to do so. It will not be included in calories consumed, so I can organize things for myself more easily.

Sunday 05-21-23
- 8k steps walk (~400 calories burned)
- Wall Push-ups Challenge Day 3
~1200/1732 calories consumed

Last edited:

mossy

Just another manic average Monday. Worked on some stuff for local activism but I've been getting so caught up in it I'm falling a little behind on college homework. I'm gonna turn off my notifications from those groups for today so I can focus on class.

Here's an image of my resident little guy to make this day a bit less boring.

Edit: Went over my calorie goal for today. I get to try again tomorrow, though.

Monday 05-22-23
- Wall Push-ups Challenge Day 4
- Easy Core Challenge Day 2
~2000/1732 calories

Attachments

• Snapchat-2075718706.jpg
    Snapchat-2075718706.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

mossy

Today was good! A friend let me do my laundry at their house because I don't have a washing machine, and I finished folding them not too long ago. I got to meet their 2 cats, and they were very cute. Did some homework as well. They gave me some petitions to hand out, and I'm excited to help get signatures.

Tuesday 05-23-23
- Wall Push-ups Challenge Day 5
- Easy Core Challenge Day 3
~1750/1732 calories

Last edited:

mossy

Another late night post. Today was super rainy so I caught up on some much needed rest! I was so lost in the sauce of resting I missed part of an activism meeting I was supposed to attend. But I can't pour from an empty cup! Hearing the thunder roar was amazing, I love the rain. So I didn't get to my workouts until the evening once I had some post-nap energy.

My arm strength is improving by the day, and it takes longer for me to reach failure during the push-up holds. I can't wait to see how far I'll be by the end of the challenge.

Wednesday 05-24-23
- Wall Push-ups Challenge Day 6
- Easy Core Challenge Day 4
~1700/1732 calories

mossy

Gonna double post today because I forgot to yesterday. I was super caught up in stuff yesterday but it was nice being busy, and today I went to the gym and took myself to get a relatively healthy treat I was craving for a couple days (smoothie bowl). I felt awkward eating it by myself, but then I reframed it in my mind as taking myself on a date and I felt confident and comfortable. Alone time can be healing and relaxing.

05-25-23
- Wall Push-ups Day 7
~1700/1732 calories

05-26-23
- Wall Push-ups Challenge Day 8
- Walking for 60 minutes/2 miles (~221 calories burned)
~1900/1732 calories

mossy

Another double post! I don't wanna get into the habit of double posting tho in case it makes me want to skip days. Even tho I was having a bad day yesterday, I got in a good workout. And today has been much better! Seeing my friends yesterday evening for DND Saturday's helped me get back on my feet today.

Saturday 05-27-23
- Wall Push-ups Challenge Day 9
- Easy Core Challenge Day 5
- 10 shoulder tap planks
~2200/2200 calories

Sunday 05-28-23
- Wall Push-ups Challenge Day 10
- Easy Core Challenge Day 6
1900/1732 calories

Last edited:

mossy

I kept myself busy today! I've been wanting to add more masculine/androgynous clothes to my wardrobe so my mom and I went to a nearby outlet store and a thrift store. I made out like a bandit, I got all kinds of things! Then I rummaged through our dirty clothes and found as many socks as I could so I can wash them at my boyfriend's house tomorrow. And I looked through my shoes to decide which ones I keep and which I want to give away.

Monday 05-29-23
- Wall Push-ups Challenge Day 11
- Easy Core Challenge Day 7
~2200/2200 calories

Last edited:

mossy

Happy pride month! Here I am triple posting. I guess if it happens it happens. This week has been kind of fucked up health-wise, mentally and physically, but I'm okay!

Tuesday I wore my chest binder for too long and I also worked out in it which you aren't supposed to do, so Wednesday and today my torso has been sore and tender. I didn't work out Wednesday or today, but I did work out Tuesday.

Tuesday 05-30-23
- Wall Push-ups Challenge Day 12
~2000/1732 calories

Wednesday 05-31-23
~2200/1732 calories

Thursday 06-01-23
~1500/1700 calories

mossy

No DND Saturday for me today because I'm falling behind on my studies. But I got some good progress on my homework and I worked out a good bit. I needed a day to myself because I have some errands to run this week and things I need to do. I hope everyone is having a good weekend. Is anyone going to do any Pride month celebrating? Let me know!

Saturday 06-03-23
- 60 Wall Push-ups
- Queen of Mean Workout
~2200/2200 calories

mossy

Happy Sunday everyone! Sundays aren't a particularly special day for me because I'm not religious, but another day here is a special one regardless. There was a Pride event going on in my town! It was really great catching up with some of my friends and meeting the drag queen that organized it all. She hugged me and I teared up because I was so happy. Being transgender where I am can be miserable because of the baseless hatred people hold toward my community. But when I see other LGBT+ people it makes my days a lot brighter, and I feel safer.

Sunday 06-04-23
- Wall Push-ups Challenge Day 13
- Queen of Mean Workout (5 lb dumbell)
~1800/1732 calories

mossy

I have been yawning SO MUCH these past couple days. It's so annoying. Idk what's going on. I'm not tired. Head just needs oxygen I guess. My God I'm yawning while I type this.

06-05-23
- Wall Push-ups Challenge Day 14
- Queen of Mean Workout (5lb weight)
(Yawned again)
~1800/1732 calories

mossy

I saw the new Spiderverse movie yesterday with my boyfriend. He didn't like it, but I LOVED it. I have my complaints, but it is another masterpiece of animation. I wonder where the series will go from here!

I also decided I want to start intermittent fasting. I've found that the 16:8 schedule works best for me. My time period I can eat is 1pm-9pm because my family's dinner schedule is usually pretty late at night so a 12pm-8pm wouldn't work for me.

06-06-23
- Wall Push-ups Challenge Day 15
- Attempted intermittent fasting
~2100/2200 calories

06-07-23
- Wall Push-ups Challenge Day 16
- Queen of Mean Workout (5lbs)
- Day 1 of intermittent fasting
~1700/1732 calories

Last edited:

mossy

Kind of a stressful day, but I'm super getting back into art. I'm so excited to get back in touch with the art student I used to be in high school. Everything feels magical again. I have things to look forward to!

06-08-23
- Wall Push-ups Challenge Day 17
- Queen of Mean Workout (5 sets, 5lbs)
-Day 2 of intermittent fasting
~1800/1732 calories

mossy

I always stretch my generosity so thin. I care about people a lot! But then I get caught up in doing favors and feeling like I need to keep people happy. I'm trying to get better at knowing my boundaries, cuz I'm pretty good at setting them when I know them. The mental health journey continues.

On the bright side, I lost 6 pounds in less than a month! I now weigh 210 lbs! Pretty motivating stuff!

06-09-23
- Wall Push-ups Challenge Day 18
- Day 3 of Intermittent Fasting (12-8 today)
1800/1732 calories

Last edited:

mossy

I'll be triple posting today. Had a very busy Saturday and a complete rest day on Sunday. Today I will be breaking my fast because my classes take up almost all of my 12-8 pm eating time and I don't want to starve.

06-10-23
- Wall Push-ups Challenge Day 19
~2200/2200 calories
- Day 4 of intermittent fasting

06-11-23
~1900/1732 calories
- Day 5 of intermittent fasting

06-12-23
- Wall Push-ups Challenge Day 20
~1800/1732 calories
- Breaking the fast

mossy

What a wild last couple days. I did some community activism and it was so awesome to see our impact on protecting queer lives where I live, but the opposition is seriously dangerous. I took a day of rest after the work I did Tuesday, but today I'm back on my usual stuff. Don't wanna get too behind! Working out and eating healthy finally feel like self care rather than a chore, and it now feels worse to sit around and eat junk all day. These last few years it's been vice versa.

06-13-23
~1900/1732 calories

06-14-23
Absolutely nothing, didn't track my calories or anything. I was frazzled and anxious and recovering.

06-15-23
- Wall Push-ups Challenge Day 21
~(TBA)/1732

mossy

It's getting harder finding time to make a post to this website each day. I may just track my progress privately and make a weekly post? I'll try that for my next post. But for today, here's what I've been up to.

06-16-23
~1650/1732 calories

06-17-23
Got zero sleep that day and I helped at a local Pride event so when I got home I just rested and napped
~1700/1732 calories

06-18-23
- Wall Push-ups Challenge Day 22
~2200/2200 calories

06-19-23
Happy Juneteenth :heart:
- Wall Push-ups Challenge Day 23
~(TBA)/1732 calories