What are the exercise and diet for 100 meter runner specificily.

Damer

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Warrior Monk from Terra
Pronouns: He/Him
The one 100m sprint is a race of three parts: 1. Start off the blocks that gets you through the first 25-30m, 2. Acceleration where all ATP stored in the muscles is used up. 3. Deceleration, where the sprinter to decelerate the slowest appears to actually speed-up compared to others. You need muscle power for explosiveness, good coordination between the body's lower and upper kinetic chains for acceleration and endurance for the last 25 - 30m. Exercises and workouts that deliver on those fronts will help you and as far as diet goes, obviously any sensible diet that is healthy and contains enough calories to help you develop the necessary muscle. I hope this helps.

d1_trackstar

Jedi from Omaha, NE
"Faster, Faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
Stride speed and Stride length are very important aspects.
It's all about covering ground as fast as possible.

Flexibility is important too! Not just for running faster but for staying away from injury

Last edited:

d1_trackstar

Jedi from Omaha, NE
"Faster, Faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
The one 100m sprint is a race of three parts: 1. Start off the blocks that gets you through the first 25-30m, 2. Acceleration where all ATP stored in the muscles is used up. 3. Deceleration, where the sprinter to decelerate the slowest appears to actually speed-up compared to others. You need muscle power for explosiveness, good coordination between the body's lower and upper kinetic chains for acceleration and endurance for the last 25 - 30m. Exercises and workouts that deliver on those fronts will help you and as far as diet goes, obviously any sensible diet that is healthy and contains enough calories to help you develop the necessary muscle. I hope this helps.
Do you think DAREBEE has a nutrition plan that could help in theses areas?

Damer

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Warrior Monk from Terra
Pronouns: He/Him
Do you think DAREBEE has a nutrition plan that could help in theses areas?
We retired our nutrition plans because we couldn't adequately support them as to be truly meaningful. What you eat is always a combination of who prepares your food, how much you can spend on it and what is available to you. Because everyone is different and you sound young I'd suggest you experiment with what you can. Keep junk food and highly processed foods out of the picture and keep a record of everything, including your training to see what works best for you. You will know by the way you feel. I hope this helps.