♡ The Long and Winding Road: A Daydream Believer Finding Nirvana ♡

LizardFriend95

Warrior from The Yellow Submarine in the Merry Old Land of Oz
Pronouns: she/her
"I’m so happy, cause today I found my friends. They’re in my head."
My plan had been to get back into a routine on Sunday, but Fonzie woke me up every hour for five hours and I ended up not sleeping well. I was a zombie the entire day.

Rolo is doing so much better! Didn’t expect the medicine to work that quick - not too long after his first dose he was acting like a puppy again! So happy to see how much energy he has again! Now to figure out how to reduce his risk of hurting his back. Since he uses stairs exclusively now and doesn’t jump off of anything, we think it’s from him sliding around on our floors when he wants to play fetch. I can’t take him outside to play for very long because he gets overheated easily.

LizardFriend95

𖥸ꕥ☮︎♊︎☿☼✶☾September 19, 2022 (1 Consecutive Days)☽✶☼☿♊︎☮︎ꕥ𖥸
➽───────────────────────────────────❥
Finch 5 Squats
Morning Stretch Workout
Kyra Pro Maroon 5 Walking Workout
Yoga with Adriene Day 1 Ease Into It 30 Days of Yoga
Tara Stiles Spark Your Creativity Yoga Flow

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾♥♡♥⋆⋅☆⋅⋆✧.⋅ ♫ ⋅.✧⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ♥♡♥☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
𖥸ꕥ☮︎♊︎☿☼✶☾ 1 Non-Zero Days☽✶☼☿♊︎☮︎ꕥ𖥸

ℰ𝓍𝑒𝓇𝒸𝒾𝓈𝑒 (1)
⊰✔⊱ ℒ𝒶𝓃𝑔𝓊𝒶𝑔𝑒 (674)
⊰✔⊱ ℛ𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 (Unknown)
⊰✔⊱𝒲𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 (1)

𖥸ꕥ☮︎♊︎☿☼✶☾ Bonus Stats☽✶☼☿♊︎☮︎ꕥ𖥸

♡ 26 Heart Points
♡ 5,892 Steps
♡ 112 Active Minutes

Duolingo: PeaceLoveNirvana
Goodreads

I didn’t manage my time very well. I have two separate painting projects I’m working on: repainting a license plate frame for my dad and decorating four mini pumpkins for Halloween. Instead of doing studying my languages first like I should have, I painted. I made good progress with the license plate frame. I pretty much only have to do detail work now, which is good or my first day (first day only if you don’t count priming it on Saturday. First time using primer. I figured it was a necessary step as the frame was pretty rusty and grimy even after cleaning, and I had glued some parts of the pumpkins so there wouldn’t be gaps in it. I like it, but I wish it wasn’t spray!).

Then about an hour’s worth of exercise. I’d intended to wait until October to start YWA’s 30 day challenges, but decided against it. Wasn’t much of a fan of the Tara Stiles video, though. But! I feel like I am gaining some strength through yoga. Was there an audible grunt at one point when trying to transition from table top to plank? Yes. But it felt like I was making some progress towards chaturanga, though I am nowhere near being able to do it just yet. Plus my core strength wasn’t totally diminished.

Novel planning didn’t happen, but I did get a little over 100 words in towards a short story. I figured I’d work on short stories while novel planning. So far haven’t been super successful with either one :p.

LizardFriend95

𖥸ꕥ☮︎♊︎☿☼✶☾September 20, 2022 (1 Consecutive Days)☽✶☼☿♊︎☮︎ꕥ𖥸
Kyra Pro 5 Minute Step Challenge Day 12
Kyra Pro 5 Minute Step Challenge Day 13
Yoga with Day 2 Stretch and Soothe 30 Days of Yoga

𖥸ꕥ☮︎♊︎☿☼✶☾ 0 Non-Zero Days☽✶☼☿♊︎☮︎ꕥ𖥸

ℰ𝓍𝑒𝓇𝒸𝒾𝓈𝑒 (2)
⊰✔⊱ ℒ𝒶𝓃𝑔𝓊𝒶𝑔𝑒 (675)
⊰✔⊱ ℛ𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 (Unknown)
⊰✔⊱𝒲𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 (0)

♡ 29 Heart Points
♡ 70 Active Minutes
♡ 3,562 Steps

Goodreads

Didn’t feel as strong during yoga today, but it was also a bad wrist day. Had to modify quite a bit because my wrist wasn’t comfortable. It’s alright, though.

Ringo was barking at something in the kitchen corner. My aunt discovered it was a potato. She asked me to get it because she couldn’t bend down. He was afraid. Of a potato. This dog.

Is “reply” now the only way to quote a post? That’s how I would make my next post. It was a lot less work for me.

I also need to adjust my little images. They’re showing up as emojis now and I don’t like it.

(Edited because I forgot bonus stats.)

Last edited:

LizardFriend95

@Sif_Shepard Thank you! My wrist doesn’t necessarily feel bad. I just broke it in April and sometimes putting pressure on it feels like a little too much. I try to ease up if it feels that way.

Anything “new” is usually enough to have him barking nonstop. He barks if my dad or brother are outside. He knows who they are, but he’s not used to seeing them out there. He’s barked at pretty much everything. Usually if I take him over to something and show him it’s harmless, he’s good. Other times, it doesn’t work.

Whirly

Ranger from Colorado
Is “reply” now the only way to quote a post? That’s how I would make my next post. It was a lot less work for me.

To make your next post using your previous one as a starting point, I think you could hit "reply" on your last post, and then select "Toggle BB code" (the icon next to the save button in the top right) and then delete the [ QUOTE ] and [ /QUOTE ]. Then, select "Toggle BB code" again and you should be left with the text from your previous post without having it displayed as a quote. Hopefully I'm making sense :)

LizardFriend95

𖥸ꕥ☮︎♊︎☿☼✶☾September 21, 2022 (3 Consecutive Days)☽✶☼☿♊︎☮︎ꕥ𖥸
Kyra Pro 5 Minute Step Challenge Day 14
Kyra Pro 5 Minute Step Challenge Day 15
Yoga with Day 3 Forget What You Know 30 Days of Yoga

𖥸ꕥ☮︎♊︎☿☼✶☾ 0 Non-Zero Days☽✶☼☿♊︎☮︎ꕥ𖥸

ℰ𝓍𝑒𝓇𝒸𝒾𝓈𝑒 (3)
⊰✔⊱ ℒ𝒶𝓃𝑔𝓊𝒶𝑔𝑒 (676)
⊰✔⊱ ℛ𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 (Unknown)
⊰✔⊱𝒲𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 (0)

♡ 21 Heart Points
♡ 70 Active Minutes
♡ 4,479 Steps

Goodreads

My phone auto recorded my walking workout for the first time ever, so I’m assuming it’s gotten better at sensing my steps? If I can get it to record my walking in place, I’ll be happy.

I really need to work on time management. I keep getting so distracted. So much stuff going on in my head. But if I try to journal? Nothing.

Last edited:

LizardFriend95

𖥸ꕥ☮︎☿☼✶☾September 22, 2022 (4 Consecutive Days)☽✶☼☿☮︎ꕥ𖥸
Kyra Pro 5 Minute Step Challenge Day 16
Kyra Pro 5 Minute Step Challenge Day 17
Yoga with Kassandra 10 Min Morning Yoga Stretch for Beginners Energy Boost Yoga
Yoga with Day 4 Yoga for Your Back 30 Days of Yoga
Wrist Pain Workout
Wrist Mobility Workout

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾♡⋆⋅☆⋅⋆✧.⋅ ♫ ⋅.✧⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ♡☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
𖥸ꕥ☮︎︎☿☼✶☾ 0 Non-Zero Days☽✶☼☿︎☮︎ꕥ𖥸

ℰ𝓍𝑒𝓇𝒸𝒾𝓈𝑒 (4)
⊰✔⊱ ℒ𝒶𝓃𝑔𝓊𝒶𝑔𝑒 (677)
⊰✔⊱ ℛ𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 (Unknown)
⊰✔⊱𝒲𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 (0)

𖥸ꕥ☮︎︎☿☼✶☾ Bonus Stats☽✶☼☿︎☮︎ꕥ𖥸

♡ 21 Heart Points
♡ 70 Active Minutes
♡ 4,479 Steps

Goodreads

I think that is the first Yoga with Kassandra video I’ve done? I did sign up for her evening yoga movement, but I haven’t done any of it yet. Maybe I’ll start it in October.

Wrist wasn’t hurting, but I did have to modify a little. I thought the wrist workouts would help. It might be a good addition to my routine.

My bed has a little door on the end of it that does not stay closed. I ended up walking into it. It hurt! My thigh was already red and felt knotted, so that’s going to be an awesome bruise when it’s all said and done. It’s so tender!

Then my wrist was aching when I was getting ready for bed. I’ll probably have to adjust my yoga workouts for a while…

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
Keep up with your wrist rehab. Seriously. It's boring and you'll probably feel it's not really doing anything but it's amazing how pathetic any part of you becomes when it's been immobilized for a while. A few years down the track, and I'm wishing I'd done my specific wrist rehab exercises. It just doesn't move the same way any more...

LizardFriend95

𖥸ꕥ☮︎☿☼✶☾September 23, 2022 (5 Consecutive Days)☽✶☼☿☮︎ꕥ𖥸
Yoga with Adriene 10 Minute Bedtime Yoga

ℰ𝓍𝑒𝓇𝒸𝒾𝓈𝑒 (5)
⊰✔⊱ ℒ𝒶𝓃𝑔𝓊𝒶𝑔𝑒 (678)
⊰✔⊱ ℛ𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 (Unknown)
⊰✔⊱𝒲𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 (0)

Goodreads

Wrist was achy when I woke up. Took some pills for it and planned on doing hand-free yoga later. But after I finished with my chores, I got a headache. I tried to wait it out because at the time it wasn’t really bad and sometimes it goes away on its own. It didn’t. So bedtime yoga it was.

LizardFriend95

𖥸ꕥ☮︎☿☼✶☾September 24, 2022 (6 Consecutive Days)☽✶☼☿☮︎ꕥ𖥸
Yoga with Adriene Yoga for Hands, Fingers, Wrists 11-Minute Yoga Quickie

ℰ𝓍𝑒𝓇𝒸𝒾𝓈𝑒 (6)
⊰✔⊱ ℒ𝒶𝓃𝑔𝓊𝒶𝑔𝑒 (679)
⊰✔⊱ ℛ𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 (Unknown)
⊰✔⊱𝒲𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 (0)

Goodreads

Well, I finished the license plate frame a couple days ago and sprayed it today. Then I worked on the final part of my pumpkins - turning my plain painted lack pumpkins into galaxies. Messed up on the hold a little. I forgot to spread/sponge it out. I had to mix up a darker pink and purple. All of mine are very bright! Then the blue… I didn’t think I’d have to mix it, but it was so bright! Tried to darken it up just a tad, which didn’t actually do much, but it looked okay. And the splatters. Why I didn’t anticipate it being as messy or as difficult as it was, I have no idea. Didn’t take off my watch, so I had to clean paint splatters off the screen. But I’m happy with how the pumpkins turned out. I was in the process of sealing them when it started to sprinkle. So pics will come later, once it’s completely done.

Then… my older cousin sent my dad a binder of family tree information. This makes the third one we’ve gotten. I have to go through all three to see what I already have. Dad had me open the package, even though it was addressed to him. I glanced through it and left it for him to look through since I was planning on painting soon and since I’ve already got two binders of information. Had to look through it with him for a moment. Fonzie didn’t appreciate him sitting on our chair, so that was nice. Then he started to look through it again later that day. Which is where the trouble starts. I find this stuff interesting, but my dad just does not retain information. He’s capable of it, but I’ve explained things several times and he still doesn’t grasp it. I’ve told him that there’s two ancestors we have that anyone in our family that has that ancestral surname is a descendant of. So through that couple, where are also obviously descended from their parents and grandparents as well. “So these ones are his grandparents, too?” Yes, dad. “And hers?” Yup. He asked why his grandma’s family was included (she’s related by marriage to this particular cousin, but only blood related to my paternal grandpa, his siblings, and their descendants). My mom tried to explain that she was part of the family, even if it’s by marriage. And this binder was specifically sent to my dad so he probably included that information because of that. Explanations didn’t go well and he got upset.

And later, this cousin told my dad that his Facebook account was hacked and that he needed to send him a friend request. He asked me to help. I told him I couldn’t send a request if they were already friends and unless he had an alternate account I wasn’t sure what I could do. He got mad again. So it’s been fun.

LizardFriend95

𖥸ꕥ☮︎☿☼✶☾September 25, 2022 (7 Consecutive Days)☽✶☼☿☮︎ꕥ𖥸
Yoga with Kassandra 15 Min Evening Yoga Day #1

𖥸ꕥ☮︎︎☿☼✶☾ 1 Non-Zero Days☽✶☼☿︎☮︎ꕥ𖥸

ℰ𝓍𝑒𝓇𝒸𝒾𝓈𝑒 (7)
⊰✔⊱ ℒ𝒶𝓃𝑔𝓊𝒶𝑔𝑒 (680)
⊰✔⊱ ℛ𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 (Unknown)
⊰✔⊱𝒲𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 (1)

Goodreads

I’m trying to do at least 10 minutes of yoga every day. I didn’t get to it earlier in the day, so my yoga was done at night. Since I happened upon the first video of the evening movement, I decided to do it. We’ll see if I actually continue it…

Because it was late, I did my yoga in my room, which I really don’t enjoy doing because it’s kind of cramped. There is barely any space between my yoga mat and my bed and wall. And Gator tried to crawl under me while I was in lizard pose. Child. Rolo and Fonzie decided to bark at the cats the whole time. Not my idea of relaxing, but it’ll do.

Thinking of adding belly dance back into my routine, but not sure yet.

I’m not even sure yet if I will be able to exercise these next few days. I put in for my migraine meds last week and then didn’t think more of it because my sis works at the pharmacy. Since she comes over every week, she usually picks our prescriptions up for us. Filled up my pills for this week, realized I was almost out, and checked to see if sis picked them up or if we’d have to on Monday. And… no sign of the order. Asked sis if she’d seen anything about it, she said no but she’d check on Monday. I have breakthrough meds I can take in the meantime, but I’ve had flue-like symptoms before when I’ve accidentally missed a dose, and I’ve also been relatively unaffected except for headaches when I missed a dose. So we’ll see what happens. Hopefully I don’t get affected too bad if I have to miss some. Kicking myself for not checking before.

LizardFriend95

Screenshot_20220926-090543_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220926-090548_Gallery.jpg

My galaxy pumpkins! I didn't want to take photos all the way around. So i just did one of the sides and one of the tops. The purple is a lot brighter on camera than in real life and the pink is slightly brighter here. Some of them ended up with "shooting stars" thanks to my first attempt at splatter, but I'm pretty happy with them.

LizardFriend95

@JCU Thank you!! Thankfully, my prescription was able to be filled and picked up today. There was a scare when sis said the lone pharmacist wasn’t going to be in today and she wasn’t sure if the pharmacy would actually be open. So I just had to take a lower dose last night, which didn’t affect me today.

LizardFriend95

𖥸ꕥ☮︎☿☼✶☾September 26, 2022 (8 Consecutive Days)☽✶☼☿☮︎ꕥ𖥸
Kyra Pro 1,500 Steps in 10 Minutes (Low Impact), x2
Yoga with Uliana 10 Minute Standing Yoga Stretch Yoga without Mat
Yoga with Kassandra 15 Min Yin Yoga Stretches Evening Yoga Day #2

ℰ𝓍𝑒𝓇𝒸𝒾𝓈𝑒 (8)
⊰✔⊱ ℒ𝒶𝓃𝑔𝓊𝒶𝑔𝑒 (681)
⊰✔⊱ ℛ𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 (Unknown)
⊰✔⊱𝒲𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 (0)

4,063 Steps
67 Active Minutes
15 Heart Points

Goodreads

I liked that I could do the evening yoga in bed instead of having to roll out my mat.

Last edited:

LizardFriend95

𖥸ꕥ☮︎☿☼✶☾September 27, 2022 (9 Consecutive Days)☽✶☼☿☮︎ꕥ𖥸
Kyra Pro 5 Minute Step Challenge Day 18
Kyra Pro 5 Minute Step Challenge Day 19
Yoga with Uliana 5 Minute Standing Morning Yoga Stretch
Yoga with Adriene Day 5 Feel Alive Flow 30 Days of Yoga

ℰ𝓍𝑒𝓇𝒸𝒾𝓈𝑒 (9)
⊰✔⊱ ℒ𝒶𝓃𝑔𝓊𝒶𝑔𝑒 (682)
⊰✔⊱ ℛ𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 (Unknown)
⊰✔⊱𝒲𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 (0)

3,646 Steps
59 Active Minutes
25 Heart Points

Goodreads

I ended up being so tired, I skipped the evening yoga.

Last edited:

LizardFriend95

𖥸ꕥ☮︎☿☼✶☾September 28, 2022 (10 Consecutive Days)☽✶☼☿☮︎ꕥ𖥸
Get Fit with Rick 10 Minute Fat Burn Walk Daily Workout at Home
Get Fit with Rick Britney Spears Walking Workout 10 Minute Daily Walk at Home
Yoga with Adriene Day 6 Six Pack Abs 30 Days of Yoga

ℰ𝓍𝑒𝓇𝒸𝒾𝓈𝑒 (10)
⊰✔⊱ ℒ𝒶𝓃𝑔𝓊𝒶𝑔𝑒 (683)
⊰✔⊱ ℛ𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 (Unknown)
⊰✔⊱𝒲𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 (0)

4,549 Steps
63 Active Minutes
11 Heart Points

Goodreads

How was it that the Get Fit with Rick workouts seemed faster, but didn’t get my heart rate up as much?

Really debating getting out my step deck and just freestyle walking to my own playlist. I like these workouts, but there’s also certain artists I can’t find workouts for, and if I do happen to find one, it’s not the original song. Would love some MIKA, Beatles, and maybe some angst steppin’ to Nirvana. Expect different from me? :p

Was tired again and skipped the evening workout. Might wait a couple days and restart, but I’m really not looking forward to pulling out the mat again in the evenings… we’ll see.

Last edited:

LizardFriend95

𖥸ꕥ☮︎☿☼✶☾September 29, 2022 (11 Consecutive Days)☽✶☼☿☮︎ꕥ𖥸
Yoga with Adriene 7 Minute Bedtime Yoga, from memory

ℰ𝓍𝑒𝓇𝒸𝒾𝓈𝑒 (11)
⊰✔⊱ ℒ𝒶𝓃𝑔𝓊𝒶𝑔𝑒 (684)
⊰✔⊱ ℛ𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 (Unknown)
⊰✔⊱𝒲𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 (0)

3,399 Steps
42 Active Minutes

Goodreads

Doctor’s appointment today. Since my previous medical issue has cleared up, doc said, “So everything is well and right in the world.” I legitimately said, “Well, no.”

Ended up being a really weird day. Didn’t get to half the stuff I wanted to.

LizardFriend95

𖥸ꕥ☮︎☿☼✶☾September 30, 2022 (12 Consecutive Days)☽✶☼☿☮︎ꕥ𖥸
Yoga with Adriene Yoga for Neck, Shoulders, Upper Back 10 Minute Yoga Quickie

ℰ𝓍𝑒𝓇𝒸𝒾𝓈𝑒 (12)
⊰✔⊱ ℒ𝒶𝓃𝑔𝓊𝒶𝑔𝑒 (685)
⊰✔⊱ ℛ𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 (Unknown)
⊰✔⊱𝒲𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 (0)

3,075 Steps
42 Active Minutes

Goodreads

I didn’t sleep well. Did laundry and part of my chores. Another weird day where I didn’t get half the stuff done I wanted to.

Last edited:

LizardFriend95

𖥸ꕥ☮︎☿☼✶☾October 1, 2022 (13 Consecutive Days)☽✶☼☿☮︎ꕥ𖥸
39 Minutes of Kyra Pro 10,000 Steps Workout Beginner Friendly Home Workout
Finch 5 Squats
Yoga with Adriene 7 Minute Bedtime Yoga
Yoga with Kassandra 5 Minute Guided Evening Meditation with Positive Affirmations
Yoga with Kassandra Guided Chakra Affirmation Meditation Energy Balance Meditation

ℰ𝓍𝑒𝓇𝒸𝒾𝓈𝑒 (13)
⊰✔⊱ ℒ𝒶𝓃𝑔𝓊𝒶𝑔𝑒 (686)
⊰✔⊱ ℛ𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 (Unknown)
⊰✔⊱𝒲𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 (0)

7,901 Steps
84 Active Minutes
37 Heart Points

Goodreads

Pretty much dead on my feet all day. Went to pick up more pills for Rolo. He’ll probably be on these forever, which is fine. Vet said I could do one pill every other day if I wanted to. I told her I thought about trying one half per day and see how he does on that. They halved the pills for us this time, which I appreciated.

Swept and mopped floors because I didn’t get to do that yesterday.

Tried to wake myself up by doing a walking workout. Never did one that long before and I had to quit early. I’m happy I hit my 7,000 goal, but it’s been so long since I did I didn’t feel very well. I felt more awake for a little while, though.

I was going to do yoga later in the day. By the time I got around to it, I was really tired again. I didn’t have the energy to do the 30 minute yoga session that was next in the challenge, but I also didn’t want to look for another option. Me making excuses, but it was probably for the best anyway, since I started feeling off around that time. Nothing major, just adjusting to being more active.

I did the meditations right after bedtime yoga and I was laying down. I kept dozing a little and didn’t repeat all the affirmations. I really need to work on my bedtime routine again. For me, that involved bedtime stretches, bedtime yoga, and a bedtime meditation. The meditation app that had my go-to meditation on it is no longer available, so finding a new one is going to be fun. Also debating if I should do the chakra affirmation meditation in the evening or sometime during the day… would it be beneficial either way?

Happy October, y’all!