696 Days

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
"Theres no easy way out. Theres no shortcut home"
Saturday 10.29.2022
1. First Thing Push Ups Challenge Day 29: 10 push-ups in total: In 1 go (standard)
2. Daily Kicks Challenge Day 26: 38 turning kicks, 30 seconds rest, 3 sets in total.
3. Haunted Hive Day 2: 174 kicks
Boxing: 20 minutes of speedbag/heavy bag (punching, kicking, strikes (knee, elbow, palm), back fist combos.
5. YWB: Gentle Yoga in Bed! | 30 Day Yoga Challenge | Day 24
6. 8 mile walk outside. 2 hours and 27 minutes.

❤️Walk: Nice weather day at the Ponds.
❤️Boxing: This was ok.

Last edited:

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Sunday 10.30.2022
1. First Thing Push Ups Challenge Day 30: 80 push-ups in total: Not in 1 go (standard). Largest set 13. 20 before breakfast. Finished by noon.
2. Daily Kicks Challenge Day 27: 38 front kicks, 30 seconds rest, 3 sets in total.
3. Daily Kicks Challenge Day 28: 40 front kicks, 30 seconds rest, 3 sets in total.
4. Boxing: 20 minutes of speedbag/heavy bag (punching, kicking, strikes (knee, elbow, palm), back fist combos.
5. YWB: Gentle Yoga in Bed! | 30 Day Yoga Challenge | Day 24
6. Haunted Hive Day 3: 250 jumping jacks
7. March step variations: 5 min (3 times throughout the day during football)
8. 3 mile walk outside. 53 minutes.

❤️FTPUC: I started with max set of 4 on 10/1 and ended with a max set of 13. I will be repeating this challenge.
❤️Boxing: This was ok. I'm glad I did it.

Notes: Football Sunday. Broncos finally won but it was an early game from London on ESPN+ so I didn’t get to see it.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Wednesday 11.2.2022
1. First Thing Push Ups Challenge Day 2: 20 push-ups total. Not in 1 go. Max set = 12. Finished before breakfast.
2. Daily Kicks Challenge Day 29: 40 turning kicks, 30 seconds rest, 3 sets in total:
3. Daily Kicks Challenge Day 30: 40 front kicks, 30 seconds rest, 3 sets in total.
4. 6 mile walk outside. 1 hour and 51 minutes.

❤️FTPUC: Finished before breakfast. Dropped one off my max set. 😿

Notes: Finally finished Daily Kicks.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Thursday 11.3.2022
1. First Thing Push Ups Challenge Day 3: 30 push-ups total. Not in 1 go. Max set = 12. Finished before noon. Back at 12 again.
2. 5 mile walk outside. 1 hour and 27 minutes.
❤️Walk: We had to cut it short. Too snowy, cold and windy.😿

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Friday 11.4.2022
1. First Thing Push Ups Challenge Day 5: 10 push-ups total. In 1 go. Finished before noon.
2. 6 mile walk outside. 1 hour and 47 minutes.

❤️FTPUC: Back at 12 again. Almost forgot to finish them.

Notes: This was the day that I hope that one thing could be improving.

Last edited:

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Saturday 11.5.2022
1. First Thing Push Ups Challenge Day 5: 30 push-ups total. Not in one go. Largest set 12. Finished before breakfast.
2. Boxing: 20 minutes of speedbag/heavy bag (punching, kicking, strikes (knee, elbow, palm), back fist combos.
3. YWB: Gentle Yoga in Bed! | 30 Day Yoga Challenge | Day 24
4 . 8 mile walk outside. 2 hours and 25 minutes.

❤️Boxing: I felt sluggish. I think I am getting more out of shape.
❤️Walk: Too windy for the Ponds so we did 8 miles in the neighborhood.

Notes: Yesterday’s hope was crushed today.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Sunday 11.6.2022
1. First Thing Push Ups Challenge Day 6: 10 push-ups total, in one go. Finished before breakfast.
2. Boxing: 20 minutes of speedbag/heavy bag (punching, kicking, strikes (knee, elbow, palm), back fist combos.
4. March step variations: 5 min (3 times throughout the day during football)
5. 2.5 mile walk outside. 43 minutes.

❤️Boxing: This felt better than yesterday. I think my form was pretty good.

Notes: Football Sunday with pizza. The Broncos didn’t play so they couldn’t lose.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Monday 11.7.2022
1. First Thing Push Ups Challenge Day 7: 40 push-ups total. Not in one go. Max set = 12. 12 before breakfast.
2. 6 mile walk outside. 1 hour and 44 minutes.

❤️FTPUC: I kept forgetting about them so I didn't finish before noon.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Tuesday 11.08.2022
1. First Thing Push Ups Challenge Day 8: 10 push-ups in total. In one go.
2. 6 mile walk outside. 1 hour and 46 minutes.

Notes: Today, I got something new to worry about. It never fucking ends.

Last edited:

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Wednesday 11.09.2022
1. First Thing Push Ups Challenge Day 9: 45 push-ups in total. Not in one go. Max set = 13. 24 before breakfast. Then I forgot about the others until later.😿
2. 6 mile walk outside. 1 hour and 45 minutes.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Thursday 11.10.2022
1. First Thing Push Ups Challenge Day 10: 50 push-ups in total. Not in one go. Max set = 12 Finished before noon .
2. 5 mile walk outside. 1 hour and 23 minutes.

❤️Walk: It got too cold and we were underdressed.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Friday 11.11.2022
1. First Thing Push Ups Challenge Day 11: 10 push-ups in total. In one go.
2. 6 mile walk outside. 1 hour and 26 minutes.

Notes: Half sick day for eye doctor appointments. My prescription is was bumped up (distance) and I now have cataracts. WTF.

I am officially caught up on my log. Life has been rough. I’ve been in a really bad place in my head. Then, over a month ago, Scott started having some issues. We think it’s pinched nerves. The pain is severe and disabling from his shoulder down his arm and into his hand (along with numbness). Our PCP sucks. The pain meds fucked up his stomach. He is going to PT and chiropractor. We have been working from home since 2014 but he hasn’t been able to sit at his desk in the home office for weeks. Luckily he has a laptop and he can get somewhat comfortable on the couch. He can’t sleep on his left side because of this. Tuesday he went to the dermatologist because he had a painful spot on his right ear that wasn’t healing. Doc said it was dying cartilage. Took it off and sent it in for a biopsy that won’t be back for 2 weeks. Scott bought a donut pillow to place on top of the other pillow so he’s not laying on his ear.

Less important but stressful: Work. It’s really hard right now. I feel like I’ve been dropped into a position I am under qualified for. Plus, I need to get my laptop set up and it’s been a struggle.

I’ve kept my streak (with extra walking miles) and been keeping up with my push-ups.

I try to keep my head up. Scott is starting to improve and he has an appointment with an orthopedic on Wednesday. I had a long meeting with my supervisor on Thursday. None of the work shit is his fault and he gets me. Plus, my team has my back and I have other work colleagues that have been helpful. My parents both had bloodwork done that turned out well (my mom just has to get more protein in her diet).

This coming week I have to get back to working out. Colder weather is coming in so that means shorter walks. Ok…enough rambling.

Last edited:

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Saturday 11.12.2022
1. First Thing Push Ups Challenge Day 12: 55 push-ups in total Not in one go. Largest set 12. Finished before noon.
4. 8 mile walk outside. 2 hours and 22 minutes.

❤️Boxing: This was good but my heart rate was higher. I am definitely getting more out of shape.
❤️Walk: Cool but nice 8 miles in the neighborhood. The bunnies were very happy today.🐰

Notes: This is the best Saturday we’ve had in at least a month. Scott didn’t have a terrible morning. Walking and driving didn’t hurt. We also watched the awesome finale of Cobra Kai with dinner. I was in a better headspace today and didn’t cry at all.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Sunday 11.13.2022
1. First Thing Push Ups Challenge Day 13: 10 push-ups total, in one go. Finished before breakfast.
4. March step variations: 5 min (4 times throughout the day during football)
5. 1 mile walk outside. 17 minutes.

❤️Boxing: I tried some new combos today and screwed them up. Ugh.

Notes: Football Sunday and the Broncos lost. Scott was doing OK today. Driving and sitting at the sandwich shop while waiting for the food went well. He tried to sit at the office desk and didn’t last longer than a couple of minutes. The physical therapist said he could do light workouts if it didn’t hurt. Today was arms. He noticed the left arm (pinched side) was significantly weaker than the right with less range of motion. My head space wasn’t great…especially after he told me about the workout.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Monday 11.14.2022
1. First Thing Push Ups Challenge Day 14: 20 push-ups total, not in one go. Max set = 13. Finished before breakfast.
2. 6 mile walk outside. 1 hour and 42 minutes.

Notes: Scott had some good and not-so-good today. Work sucks but I got my laptop set up in the office.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Tuesday 11.15.2022
1. First Thing Push Ups Challenge Day 15: 30 push-ups total, not in one go. Max set = 13.
2. 6 mile walk outside. 1 hour and 43 minutes.

Notes: Scott had a good session with the physical therapist today.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Wednesday 11.16.2022
1. First Thing Push Ups Challenge Day 16: 60 push-ups in total: Max set = 12.
2. 6 mile walk outside. 1 hour and 44 minutes.

Notes: Scott had the appointment with the orthopedic today. As suspected a pinched nerve. More PT and a prednisone prescription. If he’s not better in month, do the MRI.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Thursday 11.17.2022
1. First Thing Push Ups Challenge Day 17: 10 push-ups in total: In one go, before breakfast.
2. YWK: 20 Min Yin Yoga for Sleep in BED.

❤️YWK: I didn't do this at bedtime which was fine because the first pose was a little too intense for rest.

Notes: Too cold and snowy to walk today. Plus, I have the worst most painful blister on the bottom of my foot/toe. Ugh. I planned to do a boxing workout but just didn’t feel like it. 😿

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Friday 11.18.2022
SBY: 20 minute Gentle Yoga Stretches for Sickness, Cold & Flu: Not physically ill but I wanted something gentle and relaxing. This was it.

Notes: Still too cold to walk. Today was a day I planned not to do anything but Yoga (keeping the streak alive). I am also moving on to a different push-up challenge as I am no longer seeing improvement in repeating FTPUC. The best thing is that after today, we have 9 days off of work with 2 weekends, 3 vacation days and 2 company holidays.

Last edited: