A better diet for fat loss

Hi my name is Harsh Soni
My Height is 5'9 and my weight is 72.
I have to loose 10kg more weight so help me out.
I want a proper diet for my body and my body is mesomarphic body.
So please suggest me a best diet.

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Pronouns: She/her
Hi :)

Body type doesn't really matter when it comes to diet. What matters is how much energy (calories) you consume.

Movement is also important for overall health. Look at a mix of strength training and cardiovascular exercises that you enjoy.

Diet wise -

• Eat more produce (try to have half your plate be fruit/vegetables to nourish yourself with all the vitamins and minerals.)

• Eat more protein. From animal or plant-based sources. Legumes tend to be good for blood sugar levels (to ward off cravings)

• Drink lots of water. It helps with cravings, but also energizes your body.

Edit to add - Focus on what healthy foods you can add or use to replace.

It's easier to focus on crowding out the less nutritious foods than it is on focusing on what you want to remove.

I believe that cravings are signs that your body lacks something, and usually cravings for unhealthy foods leave us feeling satisfied yet undernourished. The more you add in the healthy stuff and build a good foundation of vitamins and minerals, the less you'll crave the not so healthy things.

That's not to say you can never have junk food again, just be aware that they take a lot of energy to digest, but don't add much to the body in terms of nourishment. So you want to crowd them out with the healthy stuff.

Do not focus on weight loss. Focus on cultivating healthy habits. And weight loss will follow.

Last edited:

scramJam

Thief from the Funky Jungle
Disclaimer : I'm a currently-fat-man that still figures things out.
Still, I lost roughly the same weight two times in my life.

Everything that Nevetharine said looks good to me.
If you prefer cold hard numbers for the same approach - I can shoot some your way.

Figure out :
  • How much calories ya need to survive with activity levels accounted for [1]
  • How much protein you need to maintain and/or gain muscle [2]
Eat roughly the amount of energy you need with a conservative deficit, up to 500 C, exercise and eat enough protein to repair muscles. You are golden.
That's eat, really.

If you want cool infographics for a "healthy plate" guideline - here you go.

Old one, meat included -
Meat excluded -

--------

[1] https://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html -- you can use any calculator, they are all in the same ballpark.
[2] For protein - it's anywhere from 0.8 to 1.6 g per 1 kg of body weight. So 115 g/day for you.
General information :

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
Hello, Harsh Soni.
For your height, 62k would put you at pretty lean. Why do you want to achieve that weight?
Here is a guide you might find interesting to read.
What sort of diet do you follow now? @Nevetharine 's advice is pretty good for general use and if you have a poor diet, carefully consider her words.

@harshsoni_2580 your 158lbs and want to trim 22lbs, you don't mention what your diet now is or your activity. 136lbs is really light for 5' 9" mesomorph male, I'm ectomorph and 145lbs, if I get to 138lbs I would really lean. What do you eat, are you vegetarian or other ? I worked as a labourer for a builder so my activity was quite high.
Sir I am both veg as well as non vegetarian 🙂, and sir actually I have to join in defence...... That's why I have to loose weight according to exam criteria, so sir please suggest me a proper diet like what I have to eat and not to eat. Please sir send me diet 🙏🏻

Hi :)

Body type doesn't really matter when it comes to diet. What matters is how much energy (calories) you consume.

Movement is also important for overall health. Look at a mix of strength training and cardiovascular exercises that you enjoy.

Diet wise -

• Eat more produce (try to have half your plate be fruit/vegetables to nourish yourself with all the vitamins and minerals.)

• Eat more protein. From animal or plant-based sources. Legumes tend to be good for blood sugar levels (to ward off cravings)

• Drink lots of water. It helps with cravings, but also energizes your body.

Edit to add - Focus on what healthy foods you can add or use to replace.

It's easier to focus on crowding out the less nutritious foods than it is on focusing on what you want to remove.

I believe that cravings are signs that your body lacks something, and usually cravings for unhealthy foods leave us feeling satisfied yet undernourished. The more you add in the healthy stuff and build a good foundation of vitamins and minerals, the less you'll crave the not so healthy things.

That's not to say you can never have junk food again, just be aware that they take a lot of energy to digest, but don't add much to the body in terms of nourishment. So you want to crowd them out with the healthy stuff.

Do not focus on weight loss. Focus on cultivating healthy habits. And weight loss will follow.
Ya sure I'll do that but it's necessary for me to lose weight due to get job in Defence

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Pronouns: She/her
Ya sure I'll do that but it's necessary for me to lose weight due to get job in Defence
Your best bet is, like I said, to eat much more of this >>

•Lots of fruit and vegetables
•More protein
•Lots of water.

If you focus on those three plus exercise, you will lose weight.

But it also needs to be a lifestyle change if you want it to last.

Which is why I said you have to make permanent changes to your habits.

136lbs bodyweight for a job doesn't make sense, 150lbs should be your target.
What do you do for exercise, what do you do all day ?
Sir actually I used to run everyday but at present I am unable to do that due to my studies, so mostly I try to do excercise at home or gym
And my all day goes free I just study in a day.
Would you please recommend me a proper diet meal like starting from morning what I have to eat and what to avoid bla bla..... Plz 🥺🙏🏻

Hello, Harsh Soni.
For your height, 62k would put you at pretty lean. Why do you want to achieve that weight?
Here is a guide you might find interesting to read.
What sort of diet do you follow now? @Nevetharine 's advice is pretty good for general use and if you have a poor diet, carefully consider her words.
Actually in present I have no any diet plan
That's why I said I have to diet and suggest me a proper diet if you can sir 🙏🏻🥺

Hello,
There is a blog in greek but you may translate it.
The post bellow is about exercise and diet.

Andi64

from Margareten
@Deadoks
Spammers (usually Posts:1) dig out old posts, post something harmless and then come back later to replace the content with their BS-links.
Just use the report button and give the admin a short note. The admin already deleted the post before yours, but lets see what happens to the one after yours.
Update: Oops, its gone.

Last edited: