A Journey of 10,000 steps.

This May my son graduates High School. He'll be and adult and starting his own life. While I'll never not be his father I won't be raising him anymore either. From that until we both can retire my wife and I have roughly 10,000 until we are both retired from work.
This log isn't about that destination, no good journey ever is about a destination. This log isn't about updating stats daily, although it will chronicle achievements and set backs. It's not purely about work outs, it is about about improvements of all sorts. It isn't something I intend to update daily but instead when I need too.

My story before now.
I was involved in The Hive before and I made progress on my goals at the time. And then I wasn't, and I didn't.
I've never been athletic and so never was good at typical athletic things. Especially as those things were thought of in the 80's and 90's. As youth thought I could at least do a lot of things if not well.
I simply never enjoyed sports, or hiking, despite being a Scout. I certainly didn't want to run for the sake of it. My town didn't have organized physical fitness outside of school, or the YMCA, and I didn't fit into those programs anyway.
Into adulthood this and my natural aversion (laziness) to working out/training has gotten to me.
I have Heart Disease, Hypertension, and as of last month Diabetes.
I want to see retirement, I want to see grandchildren, I want to grow old with my wife.

This is my Journey to Retirement. My Journey of 10,000 steps. Each day working on at least one of four aspects of my life.
The four being:
1. My health. Physical activity, medication, diet, doctor appointments ect.

2. Giving. My son like me is a Scout, and I plan on continuing to volunteer there. Also I want to give in other ways. Either small things like putting change in the Salvation Army Kettle, larger ways such as continuing volunteering at our local cold and heat shelter. Plus identifying new things I can do.

3. My mind. I've always been a voracious reader, but I've been letting it slip do to easier entertainment options. At the beginning of 2022 I pledged to read at least 12 new books. I want to continue with learning, and mental challenges like that.

4. My finances. I'll be honest I've not always been the best saver, or responsible spender. This needs to change.

The bottom line with all of these is living in a more intentional way. With more specific and concrete goals, and articulating not just desires and end points but reasons for them.