"The truest SUCCESS is but the development of self."
Rich Roll. a vegan evangelist.

Last edited:

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France

Nitrous828

Jedi from United States
"May The Force Be With You!"
For 8 years now I do a vegan diet every year for a couple of months during the year to cleanse my system, usually during Jan-Feb, however a couple of years ago I did a pure vegan diet for 7 months straight, I felt lighter and more energetic and reached 8% body fat, I used a lot of the vegan recipes from Darebee, which helped a lot, but I could not get much gains.

In my experience I do feel that being 100% vegan is not a sustainable lifestyle, it has its perks when you do it for short term but on the long run you deprive your body of some major elements, for example some protein types are only available in meat sources, besides the lack of B12/zinc/calcium/Omega 3 which don't get me wrong you could find some vegan alternatives and supplements for them, but they are over processed and chemically extracted which defeats the whole purpose of being vegan as you will be ingesting your body with more processed foods and supplements than natural products that you could easily get from a unprocessed fresh piece of lean meat.

Nevertheless I still do my 2 month vegan program every year and will continue to do so unless I feel it affects my body negatively.