A mechanical heartbeat in the snowy forest

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Yesterday meditation, and a good yoga class. Was much needed with 4 teleconferences in a single day... Agh! Oh well.

Today meditation not yet done, and I intend to go to a yoga class - so not yet counted in the consecutiv exercise.

Day 168 of consecutive exercise (D150 on 04/03).

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Meditation and yoga class done Thursday evening.

Friday, meditation and light restorative yoga, active rest day.

Yesterday saturday, no meditation (oopsie), and at level II

Today meditation not yet done, for workout at level II

Day 172 of consecutive exercise (D150 on 04/03).

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
With my present schedule - trying to go to body pump class on Tuesday, and yoga class on Wednesday and Thursday, seems like my active rest days are becoming Friday and Monday.

So... meditation done yesterday evening
Today did meditation and for active rest, at level II, the WOD

Day 173 of consecutive exercise (D150 on 04/03).

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
So, yesterday meditation and a strength difficulty 3 level II workout, didn't note which one. Didn't have the courage to go to body pump.
Today meditation not yet done, at lunch yoga class. Beyond frustrated by some professional meetings (no respect for timing nor the agenda), but we shall overcome!

Day 175 of consecutive exercise (D150 on 04/03).

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Thank you @Tileenah , @Redline and @CODawn . This was a rough 2 weeks, work-wise... But it will get better.

Yesterday meditation and yoga class.
Today restorative yoga (active rest day), meditation not yet done.

So, now, focusing on the fact Sunday is Palm Sunday - so plenty of singing (choir) to be done! For Good Friday , next Friday, we have been working since February on a Gospel Mass (ETA : Robert Ray's) that's really a great challenge, it will be intersped with Bible texts, so should make for a worthy evening. Rehearsing it was tough, and tiring, but definitly fun and improving ourselves. I hope it will help the people present worship!

Day 177 of consecutive exercise (D150 on 04/03).

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Yesterday's meditation done.
Today meditation and at level II,

Yep, this was a bokken day!
Was able to take good care of myself, Mademoiselle Luna, my appartment and "life stuff", and still get some decent rest today, so that's a nice Saturday!

Day 178 of consecutive exercise (D150 on 04/03).

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Sunday meditation, and

(a bit short as exercise, but that's it). I like the balance challenge in some of the asanas.

Yesterday Monday meditation and at level II, for rest day

This morning15 minutes video of yoga with Adrienne, meditation not yet done. I won't have time to go to body pump (again) tonight. work is crazy and risks being so until mid of next week. Houston, we have a serious workload (and people not doing their share) problem...

Day 181 of consecutive exercise (D180 on 03/04).

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Meditation done, and for active rest day, at level II

Have a blessed Good Friday, for all those here who are concerned. Now readying my voice for tonight's service / concert!
(and a good passover to all Jewish bees of course! My neighbor had her family seder wednesday evening , it was nice hearing them).

Day 184 of consecutive exercise (D180 on 03/04).

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Thank you @Montserrat , it was a very good evening. The energy of some of the Gospel mass, which I feared would not align very well with the solemnity of Good Firday, were good counterbalances / helps to the emotional heaviness that's always reading the Passion, without taking away the solemnity. The people seemed happy and reflective afterwards, and our choirmaster was happy too, so something must have been right ;)

Meditation not yet done, did a 20 minutes video of Yoga with Adrienne.

Day 185 of consecutive exercise (D180 on 03/04).

Last edited:

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Meditation done yesterday.
Today did not yet do meditation, did the WOD

Morning and afternoon went great, we had a great Easter service, and then I had lunch with my parents and my second bro (and his wife), who I don't get to see often even if he lives close, so that was very nice.
However, when coming back from my parents, my digestive system decided to ... well, annoy me. So no real workout, but the WOD as an active rest day.
(and no , I did not eat too much chocolate, or too much , I think. Only reason I see is the second glass of wine. Sigh. I am fine now, so no worry, but prefered to keep my energy).

Day 186 of consecutive exercise (D180 on 03/04).

Last edited:

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Eeeks, didn't post since Tuesday?!
Wednesday, meditation and at level II

Went to the office (instead of Thursday) to see a colleague who's leaving us ; real shame that our superiors and human ressources didn't move their bottoms to keep her... Sigh. I was in charge of her present, she seemed very happy. Besides, there were more demonstrations again in Paris yesterday. And tonight may ... be interesting (basically those whose job is to check if a new law - and the way it was handled - is consistent with the constitution have to give their opinion on the new retirement age law).

Yesterday meditation and yoga class in the evening.

Haven't taken care of Today yet, I am wrapping up another work. But I will do, and note it tomorrow.

Day 190 of consecutive exercise (D180 on 03/04). (not counting this Friday / today yet)

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Monday meditation and 10 minutes yin yoga (active rest day) ; went to the office.
Tuesday / yesterday meditation, and level II of

Feels very complete, I really like it.
And I went to a sophrology group session. Still pondering if it adds something to my relaxations toolbox or not... we will see.

Day 195 of consecutive exercise (D180 on 03/04). (not counting yet today Wednesday)

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Yesterday meditation and yoga class, again. Not done today.

Day 197 of consecutive exercise (D180 on 03/04). (not counting yet today Friday)

My training is all over the place. The walking program is great but I can't see myself doing it here in Paris (and while going to the gym), so kinda wondering if it'd be more adapted for this summer. Unbound and shadowbound are in my todo list. I have also the contraint of the Iceland trip, 10 days in mid-June.
So... kinda wondering if I should start shadowbound next week, and thinking I may give myself one break / week in case of heavy gym workout or too busy.

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Thank you @Tileenah , @Montserrat , @Anek , @HellYeah , @Whirly , @Fremen !

Meditation done yesterday
Today did meditation and Shadebound D3. Combat day, niiiiiiice!

Oooh, Saturday I walked more than 15,000 steps - found myself doing some shopping, and then forced to continue walking because of the mean Parisian buses (meanies meanies!)., and a bit more than 10,000 steps yesterday. Long time I hadn't done that!

Day 201 of consecutive exercise (D180 on 03/04).

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Did Day 5 of shadebound (4 sets, level II) before leaving for the office- except for the meditation which will be done tonight after work. A coworker wants a discussion about our reorg - while I try to stay away from office politics as much as I can for various reasons, so that may be a bit tense... We will see.

Day 204 of consecutive exercise (D180 on 03/04).

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Thank you @Anek . Yesterday was indeed rough. Actually, main thing was that I got very sad news about a former university pal (much closer to one of my best friends, so that best friend is much more schoked by it), and it makes the rest looks ... so petty, so meaningless.

Discussion with coworker A was all right - I really like him, even if we can disagree he takes it well ; but then coworker B joined, and let's say that I ... deeply distrust B. He's extremely political and manipulative (I call him our "Littlefinger", for the GoT fans here). So that was already a bit harder, but OK.
And then came along "coworker" C. She isn't part of our direct team, but an old presence in this work, and kinda friend with B. To sum it up, she is egotistic, rude , has been very aggressive to me in the past, and struts around with an inflated ego several times the size of Texas. She started bad-mouthing different persons, including one I feel kind of protective about. I really had to hold myself to not bite her head off...
And as I stated before, all that office politics is so petty and meaningless when you think of the rest of life... Sigh. So, after work, big relaxation and meditation to let this anger and those feelings go.

Anyhow, did meditation and yoga class yesterday evening.
Did meditation and Shadebound D7 this morning.

Day 205 of consecutive exercise (D180 on 03/04).

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Monday meditation and D10 of Shadebound.
This morning Day 11 of Shadebound, and meditation.

Did many little useful things home, so that's good. Including trying older dresses in which I found out I could fit again (that was the post-surgery, and family meals weight gain), so that was good. BUT several of those dresses have good-sized V-neck openings ; and now I am afraid my scar is too visible. Sigh. Not sure if it is my brain or it is true, but ... (ETA : and I don't see how I could fit modesty panels on them. I can always use the good old "put a large necklace that covers it" technique, though). I used to not mind that scar at all, but the 2020 surgery did enlarge / raise it, at least in my eyes.

Day 209 of consecutive exercise (D180 on 03/04).