A mechanical heartbeat in the snowy forest

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Wow, long silence, sorry. I am still here, survived the last reorganisation meeting at the office, enjoyed despite the tiredness the "neighbors's feast" (potluck in our appartment building's hall to get to know each other) ; but after that did the white wine and the too-rich food (and a bit of gluten eaten) prevented me from sleeping and led to a 3-hours night. So Friday, I was a zombie. Yesterday started preparing my suitcase for iceland - and the suitcase my parents bring for me to Brittany in advance. Today, last rehearsal for our concert Wednesday night, and Mother's day with my parents.

Thursday meditation and Unbound D11,
Friday meditation and Unbound D12;
Saturday meditation and Unbound D13,
Today Unbound D14, no meditation yet.

Day 242 of consecutive exercise (D240 on 02/06).

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Indeed @Montserrat ! Love my neighbors, my parents, my choir friends ;) Now if I can use tomorrow and Thursday to rest enough to live for Iceland with plenty of energy.

Sunday meditation done.
Monday Unbound D15, and meditation.
Yoday Unbound D16, yoga class. Meditation was the one from yoga class.

Day 244 of consecutive exercise (D240 on 02/06).

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pronouns: You there
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
Enjoy your trip.

A friend of mine hiked there a few years ago and the pictures were amazing

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Thank you all - it was a really great trip! We had very good weather - between 5 and 15 degrees Celsius, and only a few drops of rain on the first Saturday, and yesterday when on the bus back to the airport. I can hardly state how spectacular those landscapes are .... geysers, canyons, waterfalls , glaciers, volcanic islands... An little hidden outdoor hot pool after a medium walk... And so many animals! We managed to see so many birds, including whole groups of puffins (so adorable!), seals, and whales. I will post pics in a few weeks when I'll have sorted them out, but my head is so full of beautiful places. With a special love for Westman islands / vestmannaeyjar. So wild, so rough, so windy, so many birds, so many cool grottos... We had taken a small boat trip, and we entered a volcanic grotto ... And they started the Game of Throne theme song, ROFLOL! You can imagine how elated I was!

The rythm was a bit too high for me, and my stomach had a problem settling to my friend's traveling and visiting times, but you gotta do efforts when you are not the one driving. So, very very tired. But so happy!

Today did Unbound D19, and meditation.

And thus starts a new streak - D1 of consecutive exercise (D1 is 19/06).

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Thank you @NancyTree , @Montserrat and @Anek , so many good memories!
I may pepper with a few pics, @Froud , but for the moment they're all taken back on my laptop "in mass", I will order and label them when I will be on holidays in 3 weeks. For the moment those I try are labelled too big.

Yesterday I did unbound D20, and meditation.
Today I did unbound D21 and meditation.

D3 of consecutive exercise (D1 is 19/06).

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Oh, forgot to mention I did a yoga class Wednesday noon. Apparently my favorite yoga teacher is leaving for new adventures... I will miss him, he is very good at corrcting your individual asanas.

Thursday Unbound D22 and meditation,
Friday / yesterday Unbound D23 and meditation,
Today Unbound D24 and meditation.

Now hoping for a restful WE, I need to recharge those batteries - Iceland was great, but tiring! And it's quite hot here, so sleep hasn't been the best since I came back. Situation at work is (logically) not much better than before the trip, and it looks like it will take time to settle. Of course, you dolts basically ask to change departments and expect it to be a breeze ? (sorry, saying here aloud what I can't say aloud at work to try keep some semblant of peace, LOL).

D6 of consecutive exercise (D1 is 19/06).

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Meditation done yesterday night.
Luckily because... I was awaken at 2:30 AM by shouts and detonations (firework-mortars) in my street, and saw a car burning just down the street. Called the fire department, they were overwhelmed and I was put on hold for quite a while. Luckily, they already knew and were on their way. Needless to say how the rest of the night was. Welcome to Paris, world. And my inability to do anything else than calling on fire department or police makes me quite angry. I know it is nothing compared to what some of you, with civil wars and unrests, have lived, but it really made me angry this night. Good thing I am leaving for Bretagne tonight.

This morning, did Unbound D30 :welcome:
Next on my list are Zen, and 60 days of walking - as I want the longer walks to be on Saturdays and not Sundays, I intend to start 60DoW Sunday.

D12 of consecutive exercise (D1 is June 19th)

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Thank you @Tileenah , @CODawn , @Anek , @BetaCorvi , @Fremen , @TopNotch . Yep, I won't comment more on it politically, but it is scary, and heartbreaking. Feels like we're being in a bad dystopic book.

Anyhow... In Bretagne now (meditation done in train yesterday evening), and for a while, thanks to telecommuting! Today was rest, reconnecting with the parents, settling again there.
Zen Day 1, and meditation done.

D13 of consecutive exercise (D1 is June 19th)

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Thank you @Mamatigerj and @Tileenah !

Yesterday Zen D4 including Zen, and partly 60 DoW D3 : I did my walk after work, and it was raining lightly, but then tourned into this downpour that drenched me to my socks, so I had to turn back unless I caught a cold. 30 minutes instead of 45, we'll call it done because well, not much choice, but I hope it doesn't happen again.

D16 of consecutive exercise as of yesterday (D1 is June 19th)

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Yesterday Zen D5, meditation, and 60 DOW D4. My knee hurt after the walk, I had to put on the sleeve a bit. I think it may have been the cold rain of the day before, probably didn't appreciate the drenched cold jean on a little while!

Today Zen D6 (used a chakra meditation), and 60 DOW D5. Knee's still tender but much better.

D18 of consecutive exercise (D1 is June 19th)

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Thank you @NancyTree !
Friday Zen D7, meditation, and 60DOW D6.
Saturday / yesterday Zen D8 AKA meditation, and 60DOW D7.
We went to buy my mom a stationary bike for her incoming birthday ; however there's some connectivity issue with the main trunk (cables linking the weighted wheel and the monitoring console are hidden out of sight!) so we gotta wait for Monday so that we go back to the shop, see one person who has a bit of experience installing those if they can get the cables out themselves, and if they can't call customer service. We'll see. Anyhow... VACATIONS!

D20 of consecutive exercise on Saturday evening (D1 is June 19th)

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
OK, time for a little Public Service Announcment, AKA you can take your friendly neighborhood lupine pharmacist out of the pharmacy, but you can't take the pharmacy out of her.
Following another, young, bee's annoucment that they suffered a stroke recently, may I remind you of the signs of a stroke - anyone can see those signs, and that can save a life /brain. Accronym is FAST:
  • Facial weakness - AKA, does the person present an unusual facial assymetry (drooping eyes and lips on one side) ? Ask them to smile to see that.
  • Arm weakness. Ask them to close their eyes, raise their arms at the same time- do they raise them the same way? and then ask them to squeeze both of your hands at the same time, do their hands squeeze with similar strength?
  • Speech - in particular slurred speech - or incoherent, or no speech, as it was for our Bee fried. (see the assymetrical face part). Ask them to speak about anything, see if it is slurred, or incoherent.
  • T - for time, because now time is of the essence. Call your local emergency center, and clearly STATE it may be a stroke, with your specific observation from above. hearing the word stroke + some of the FAST signs will light a fire under their bottom.
Falling (because of leg weakness or vertigo), and headaches are common too, but common to so many ailments that the observation doesn't help much to identify a stroke.
That's it, folks. Remember this and it may save your life, or someone else around you. I think everybody should know this. FAST!

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Sunday / yesterday Zen D9 , meditation, and 60DOW D8.
Monday / today Zen D10 with meditation, and 60DOW D9.

My older bro is arriving right now, with his darling doggo. Family time, yay! (Luna is a tad less thrilled, but as I discussed before, Naxos - my brother's dog, and she got along peacefully).

D22 of consecutive exercise (D1 is June 19th)

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
@Anek , @CODawn , @Nanna Io , you're welcome. I think it's important information anyone can remember and apply... (but I may be biased as a health professional, LOL).

Spending time with bro and parents, long walks, so basically Zen D 11 - 12 - 13, meditations, and 60 DoW D 10-11-12 done. I am going through my Iceland pics, identifying the birds I managed to get, and putting on days and locations one day at a time. What a trip it was ... However all pics are above 2 Mb, wondering I can insert some. Got any tip, bee friends?

D25 of consecutive exercise (D1 is June 19th)

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Zen D14, meditation, 60 DOW D13. Happy Bastille day everybody ;) My uncle from Montreal arrives tonight (we got a family wedding end of next week), so gonna be full house here for a few days! Kitty and doggo are used to living alone with their hoooman, LOL.

D26 of consecutive exercise (D1 is June 19th)