about readiness for difficulty level 4 or 5

Omnius

Hi,
I saw that the test that is offered on the site only determines levels 1 to 3.
How will I know when I will be ready for exercises and programs of the fourth or fifth level of difficulty?

Solution
There are two forms of difficulty on darebee.
1) Workout difficulty 1-5
This one usually means: how hard are the movements, it is more like a skill level.
Sometimes the combination of the movements is very intense.
2) The fitness level you choose: 1-3
Here you can set the intensity of fitness/endurance/workload.
More sets and or more reps....

Even a skill 1 workout, done on fitness level 3 can give you a pretty decent sweat.

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
When you are at level 3 in the test :)
The test has 3 levels because it refers to the "internal" difficulty of workouts 1 to 3 (3-4-5 or 3-5-7 sets and related reps).
When you're in the "over" range of the test, you can easily try higher-level workouts.

Omnius

When you are at level 3 in the test :)
The test has 3 levels because it refers to the "internal" difficulty of workouts 1 to 3 (3-4-5 or 3-5-7 sets and related reps).
When you're in the "over" range of the test, you can easily try higher-level workouts.
Oh ) I'm very distracted, maybe that's why it happened)
even at the very beginning here, I usually chose, with very rare exceptions, 7 sets each ... while at the beginning I had level 1 on the test, and now it's already level 2 on the test ...
and the exercises and programs that I choose are described in terms of difficulty 3 out of 5 (suitable for beginners).

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
This subdivision into levels is not very clear but if you think about it both in the workouts and in the programs it makes a big difference if they are done at level 1 or level 3 even if it is the same workout or the same program :)

HellYeah

"On the Run!"
There are two forms of difficulty on darebee.
1) Workout difficulty 1-5
This one usually means: how hard are the movements, it is more like a skill level.
Sometimes the combination of the movements is very intense.
2) The fitness level you choose: 1-3
Here you can set the intensity of fitness/endurance/workload.
More sets and or more reps....

Even a skill 1 workout, done on fitness level 3 can give you a pretty decent sweat.

Solution

AceofSwords

Warrior Monk Posts: 156
My general rule is to try things. You'll know if it's too hard. if it is, drop back to something easier, if not, you're good. Keep going.

If you're looking for your next program, notice how difficult the previous one you completed was and if it felt easy, you're probably good to go with a higher level difficulty. If you have to take a longer rest, go ahead. In my mind, it's better to try something even if you don't succeed on the first try than to assume it's too hard and not try at all.

All that said, if this is your first workout / program, I'd start with something easy rather than instantly jump into a Level Five. The Foundation programs are great for people new to the site to start with.

Good luck and have fun!