An Unexpected Party

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
BEFORE BREAKFAST

📌 Five Rites Workout - (instructional video)
📌 Wu Qin Xi - (instructional video)
📌 First Thing Water Challenge

°°°

BEFORE LUNCH

Warmup: Universal Warmup (5 min)
First Thing Push-Ups Challenge Day 1
Daily Kicks Challenge Day 1
Hard Reset Strength, Day 7
Stretching: Surya Namaskara (5 min)

°°°

BEFORE BEDTIME

📌 Daily Gratitude Challenge
📌
Counting Victories Challenge

°°°

I'm cheating a little :p
I am reorganizing the days of the program that I am following to make them in the time I have available and I am trying to see it as a different way of using the resources made available by Darebee.
In practice, Saturday and Sunday I do two days in a row (the bodyweight ones) and I consider the exercises in the gym as the days with the weights of the program.
For convenience I am counting the days as sequential even though I actually jump a bit forward and a bit back.
Today, surprisingly, two interesting challenges came out and they are compatible with my current training and so I added them, it had been a long time since I had any challenges.
In short, I'm changing but I'm always here :)

Aloha, have a nice day bees :coffee:

Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. Albert Einstein

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
BEFORE BREAKFAST

°°°

BEFORE LUNCH

First Thing Push-Ups Challenge Day 2
Daily Kicks Challenge Day 2
Hard Reset Strength, Day 8

°°°

BEFORE BEDTIME

📌

°°°

I'm already mulling a bit about how to reshape my training :p
First Thing Push-Ups Challenge I will move it when I work out instead of just getting up, I don't like it paired with quieter exercises, I need pampering as soon as I get up :D

Better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all. St. Augustine

:happy:

Hbomb

Ninja from AZ, USA
"Trying to get back in shape after baby #4."
I dunno about that. I mean, if we don't think we'll ever reach perfection, we won't strive for it, which means we'll only ever strive for mediocrity, knowing we have at least a chance of reaching it. Me, I'm still aiming for perfection because I reckon, one day...
I reach for great, not perfect. I want to be great. I may not be, but we gotta have goals.

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
First Thing Push-Ups Challenge I will move it when I work out instead of just getting up, I don't like it paired with quieter exercises, I need pampering as soon as I get up :D
I was thinking that too. I already have my morning routine and don't want to upset it, but I like the look of this challenge. Maybe someday soon, but not first thing!

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
Thanks @Laura Rainbow Dragon :love:

@Hbomb it seems to me an honorable purpose :)

@TopNotch the beauty of Darebee is that no one will tell you that you are wrong and that what you do is not right, so I have no problem adapting something that fits me but in a slightly different form :)

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
BEFORE BREAKFAST

°°°

BEFORE LUNCH

108 Hindu Squats in one go
Daily Kicks Challenge Day 3
Strength training in the Gym (1 h)
Hard Reset Strength, Day 9
First Thing Push-Ups Challenge Day 3
21 Hindu Push-Ups - (instructional video)
Stretching: Surya Namaskara
(5 min)

°°°

BEFORE BEDTIME

📌

°°°

Today I have increased all the weights of my exercises in the gym and I am officially out of my comfort zone :p
I sweated thoroughly from the first minutes but I managed to do everything right :LOL:
I liked this month's challenges right away but I'm struggling to make sense of them in my training program.

Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine, and at last, you create what you will. George Bernard Shaw

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
BEFORE BREAKFAST

°°°

BEFORE LUNCH

I am Enough Workout lv I, no rest
Daily Kicks Challenge Day 4
First Thing Push-Ups Challenge Day 4

°°°

BEFORE DINNER

Hard Reset Strength, Day 10
Muay Thai (1 h 30 min)

°°°

BEFORE BEDTIME

📌Counting Victories Challenge

°°°

Today I was about to abandon the challenges that had just begun.
The gym workouts (strength training and Muay Thai) I'm doing are too intense to add anything else.
My main "problem" is that to do an intense workout I need a good warmup and then some stretching at the end and just these two things take 10-15 min of time.
Then I had an epiphany: if I take off the warmup and stretching and instead use a light workout of lv I or II as a minimum warm-up, doing only 3 sets I can easily put challenges instead of breaks :LOL:
10-15 min of light training I can easily add them in the various free times I have during the day, they are not too tiring, I practically do not even sweat, and allow me to stretch a bit instead of checking emails :)
Tonight there is the first official Muay Thai lesson, I can't wait :hoppy:

Every child is an artist, the problem is staying an artist when you grow up. Pablo Picasso

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
@Gandhalfit @NancyTree @HellYeah In the initial physical training I struggled with the rope :oops: which was unwatchable but I gave a show on the push-ups :devil:
The technical training is very interesting, completely focused on combat, even without gloves then with the gloves we try the same techniques done by ourselves in pairs and it ends with a flourish with punching bags :LOL:

It is completely different from the traditional Japanese martial arts training that I have tried (karate, aikido, kendo iaido) but it is done sensibly with great emphasis on physical training which then improves the speed and strength of the actual techniques.
I am having a lot of fun, I like the teacher who is an excellent athletic trainer and I really like the group, I am trying all new and strange things for me :LOL:

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
BEFORE BREAKFAST

°°°

BEFORE LUNCH

108 Hindu Squats in one go
Two Minute Plank Workout
Hard Reset Strength, Day 11
21 Hindu Push-Ups - (instructional video)

°°°

BEFORE DINNER

Centenarian Workout lv I, no rest
Daily Kicks Challenge Day 5
First Thing Push-Ups Challenge Day 5

°°°

BEFORE BEDTIME

°°°

Today I have lifted all the weights of workout A, I have two workouts A and B to alternate, now I have lifted all the weights of all the exercises of both workouts and will not talk about it again next month :p
This afternoon he has to rehearse to learn how to put the boxing wraps well and I should also use the rope ... but I don't know if I want to :p

I find your lack of faith disturbing. Darth Vader

Last edited:

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pronouns: You there
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
Thanks for the quote, very amusing to me personally, especially today.

Yes, Muay Thai is all about, force, precision, explosiveness and endurance and a stronger mentality. I've only tried samples of it but if I was in a reasonable physiological condition I would have chosen to do that.

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
BEFORE BREAKFAST

°°°

BEFORE LUNCH

Kinder Workout lv I, no rest
Daily Kicks Challenge Day 6
First Thing Push-Ups Challenge Day 6

°°°

BEFORE DINNER

Hard Reset Strength, Day 12
Muay Thai (1 h 30 min)

°°°

BEFORE BEDTIME

📌

°°°

The trick of "stuffing" a lv I workout with the two challenges works well :LOL:
Yesterday I spent the evening trying various types of hand wraps for boxing, with experience and some further experiment I will find my way :)
My partner moved to compassion and showed me how to jump rope, we'll see tonight if I'm less embarrassing to see :p

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is. Oscar Wilde

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
BEFORE BREAKFAST

°°°

BEFORE LUNCH

Hard Reset Strength, Day 13

°°°

BEFORE DINNER

Mr Grumpy Workout lv I, no rest
Daily Kicks Challenge Day 7
First Thing Push-Ups Challenge Day 7

°°°

BEFORE BEDTIME

°°°

Last night I made a dignified figure with the rope :worried:
I am always amazed by the variety of athletic training, last night at Muay Thai we used the fitballs to do the planks (an incredible effort) and the kettlebells to do swings and abs exercises. It is truly a 360 ° workout.
I admit that kicking circular shin kicks at the punching bag gives a savage and primal satisfaction :LOL:
Today of course I'm all sore so I had a nice and cuddly workout in the gym :)

Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment. Oprah Winfrey

Last edited:

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
BEFORE BREAKFAST

°°°

BEFORE LUNCH

Warmup: Universal Warmup (7 min)
Daily Kicks Challenge Day 8
First Thing Push-Ups Challenge Day 8
Hard Reset Strength, Day 14
Stretching: Surya Namaskara (7 min)

°°°

BEFORE DINNER

Starting Point Workout, lv III, no rest

°°°

BEFORE BEDTIME

📌

°°°

Since I am practically always sore and stiff, I have increased the warmup and stretching and I will not add extra exercises as I am already doing intense training both in Muay Thai and in the gym :)

Spread love everywhere you go: first of all in your own house. Give love to your children, to your wife or husband, to a next door neighbor. Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God’s kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting. Mother Theresa

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
I did 48 hours of forced digital detox, the fast connection at home was not working :LOL:

BEFORE BREAKFAST

°°°

BEFORE LUNCH

Hard Reset Strength, Day 16

°°°

BEFORE DINNER

Fountain Of Youth Workout lv I, no rest
Daily Kicks Challenge Day 10
First Thing Push-Ups Challenge Day 10

°°°

BEFORE BEDTIME

📌

°°°

I gardened, tidied up my house, read more than usual, and still had time to spare.
It's amazing how the absence of a fast connection multiplies the free time :LOL:

You must be the change you wish to see in the world. Gandhi

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
I love a good digital detox! I do them every summer and it's amazing what can be accomplished in 3 months!

You are doing awesome in your exercise routines!
I'm thinking that limiting the time spent in front of the computer a little more would do me good :LOL:

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
BEFORE BREAKFAST

°°°

BEFORE LUNCH

Regenerator Workout lv I, no rest
Daily Kicks Challenge Day 11
First Thing Push-Ups Challenge Day 11

°°°

BEFORE DINNER

Hard Reset Strength, Day 17
Muay Thai (1 h 30 min)

°°°

BEFORE BEDTIME

📌

°°°

I like adding an easy lv I workout to my daily training, it's simple, lasts 10-15 max, doesn't need warm up, doesn't make me sweat but still makes me move a little bit more :)
I am still a bit undecided whether to give up the two challenges, I don't always want to do them and they are more demanding than a lv I workout and in the end I like that more.
However basically I'm stabilizing on a three part workout every day :p

Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does. William James

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
BEFORE BREAKFAST

°°°

BEFORE LUNCH

Hard Reset Strength, Day 18

°°°

BEFORE DINNER

Mobius Workout lv I, no rest
Daily Kicks Challenge Day 12
First Thing Push-Ups Challenge Day 12

°°°

BEFORE BEDTIME

📌

°°°

Yesterday I managed (struggling) to stay in the leading group in the Muay Thai warm-up, 2k running :worried:
I went to the gym with my back hurting and I went out with everything hurting but I no longer felt the pain in my back :p
This is regarding last night's Muay Thai lesson which was very demanding, so today in the gym I did all my training but calmly and doing 10 minutes of warm-up and everything went well :)

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. Jimmy Dean

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
BEFORE BREAKFAST

°°°

BEFORE LUNCH

Roundabout Workout lv I, no rest
Daily Kicks Challenge Day 13
First Thing Push-Ups Challenge Day 13
Uttanasana with hands clasped (1 min)

°°°

BEFORE DINNER

Hard Reset Strength, Day 19
Muay Thai (1 h 30 min)

°°°

BEFORE BEDTIME

°°°

I keep mulling over how to better organize my workout: a lv I workout, 7 sets filled with a challenge could be the best for me, 3 sets as a warm-up and then 3 sets of challenge for the last sets of the workout.
Push-Ups & Squats Challenge could be a good foundation on which to build by dosing the number of repetitions, I really like the idea of alternating squats and push-ups which are basic exercises for legs and arms.
This very simple but effective workout gave me the idea: Push Squat Repeat.
In short, I'm thinking :LOL:

And to the delight of young and old I'm specializing in a version of pizza in a pan that lasts for two meals and that we can stuff in three different ways which we then cut into squares and eat:

photo_2022-10-13_12-38-48.jpg

In this version there were: onions, potatoes, brie, olives and artichokes :)

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. C.S. Lewis

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
Quick question: is cooking a pizza on a pan similar to cooking a lasagna on a pan?
It is a softer dough than normal pizza dough, it is almost liquid and requires very little processing. Once the base is cooked it can be stuffed and finished cooking; it looks a lot like the consistency of sliced pizzas made in an electric oven :)

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
BEFORE BREAKFAST

°°°

BEFORE LUNCH

Hard Reset Strength, Day 20
30 Hindu Push-Ups - (instructional video)
90 Hindu Squats
Stretching: Surya Namaskara
(7 min)

°°°

BEFORE DINNER

Nomad Workout lv I, no rest
Daily Kicks Challenge Day 14
First Thing Push-Ups Challenge Day 14

°°°

BEFORE BEDTIME

°°°

The joy of seeing the last gym machine of my last exercise occupied by the same old woman who:
- puts the towel on a gym machine, then goes to the locker room
- she comes back but she has forgotten her cell phone so she goes back to the bag
- comes back and sits down to check the messages on her cell phone
- and then chat with the personal trainer
I tried to vary the time I go to the gym but she also changes too and she invariably manages to freeze me at least 2-3 gym machines per workout :eyes:
Today I started doing Hindu Push-Ups and Hindu Squats to kill time :p
Basically I do exercises of patience and not of strength :LOL:

Aloha, have a nice day bees

Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving. Albert Einstein

Last edited:

Matan

Alchemist Posts: 728
The joy of seeing the last gym machine of my last exercise occupied by the same old woman who:
- puts the towel on a gym machine, then goes to the locker room
- she comes back but she has forgotten her cell phone so she goes back to the bag
- comes back and sits down to check the messages on her cell phone
- and then chat with the personal trainer
I tried to vary the time I go to the gym but she also changes too and she invariably manages to freeze me at least 2-3 gym machines per workout :eyes:
Every gym has to have a specimen like that.
Maybe it's an unwritten law or something?

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
BEFORE BREAKFAST

°°°

BEFORE LUNCH

Hard Reset Strength, Day 21
Daily Kicks Challenge Day 15
First Thing Push-Ups Challenge Day 15

°°°

BEFORE DINNER

Home Workout lv III, no rest

°°°

BEFORE BEDTIME

📌

°°°

I really enjoy adding an easy workout to the day, even when I'm not feeling very fit I appreciate some light movement :)

Limit your "always" and your "nevers. Amy Poehler

Last edited: