Assassin in training... all over...

Hwestneth

Assassin Posts: 55
"Do you want it bad enough to get hit in the face?"
Hi everyone!

It's been awhile. Once upon a time Darebee helped me start my fitness journey and gave me all the right building blocks to build myself up into what I have achieved. But now I'm back to square one. Well... not exactly but it very much feels like it.

In August I fell and managed to rip tendons and ligaments in my right thumb. I wasn't allowed to train and now I just got back from a month long trip to Nepal where I trekked in the mountains, lost a lot of weight and muscle. As you can imagine, due to two to three months of inactivity, my upper body strength has diminished greatly. I've always trained on my own and gotten to know my body very well and... well... this is going to take some time to come back from.

I'm starting over with my progress. Clean sheet. Time to achieve all those pull ups and push ups again!

By the end of the year 2022, my goal is to achieve:
:v: 15 pull ups in one set (again) [date: 14.11.2022]
:v: 50 push ups in one set (again) [date: 14.11.2022]
[ ] 25 dips in one set (again)
:v: 10s handstand (again) [date: 08.11.2022]
:v: 8 wall handstand push ups (again) [date: 15.11.2022]
:v: 1 ring muscle up (again) [date: 09.11.2022]
:v: 15s dragon flag (again) [date: 15.12.2022]

Overall, my goals go something like this:
[ ] 20 pull ups in one go (again)
[ ] 75 push ups in one go
[ ] 40 dips in one go
[ ] 5k in one go (again)
[ ] 5 minutes elbow plank in one go (again)
:v: achieve bar muscle up (again) [date: 08.12.2022]
[ ] 5 ring muscle ups in one go
:v: achieve tuck planche (again) [date: 15.12.2022]
[ ] achieve front lever

See you around!

Last edited:

Hwestneth

02.11.2022 - Wednesday

Muscle Up (Advanced) Routine 2 (68 pull ups during the workout)

---

I'm thinking of mixing my own workout programs, Darebee programs and challenges and some other stuff together. Today was a short workout. Went to the doctor and found out I have to get my tonsils removed or they will start to affect my health.

Last edited:

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
I'm thinking of mixing my own workout programs, Darebee programs and challenges and some other stuff together.
If you find the right balance it becomes very interesting, I always mix the workouts a little so as not to get bored and always do something new and stimulating :)

Hwestneth

03.11.2022 - Thursday

Explosive Upper Body
  • 2x3 pull ups
  • 2x3 +5kg pull ups
  • 3 +10kg pull ups
  • 3 +5kg pull ups
  • 6x6 clap push ups
  • 3x7 pull ups
  • 6x4 archer push ups (both sides)
  • 4x6 chin ups
Emi Wong - Slim Legs (10 min workout)
Rock Hard Abs Day 1

---

I did not remember this workout being that hard :D and I do not remember the last time my upper body was sore and stiff from a previous workout. But here we are :D I planned on doing some light planche training also but decided against it because of the thumb. It's not fully recovered and while I can work out, I'm keeping it simple as to not hurt it again. To be honest, it started to feel weird during clap push ups and also chin ups, but oh well. I've been lazy with working out my legs for a couple of years but since I just got back from hiking and they're in pretty good condition, I'm trying to keep them in shape.

Since I'm flying to a different country in the middle of November, I won't be taking any Darebee programs or challenges yet because I might not be able to end them. But I've got my workout plan in place and am counting on seeing some progress soon :ss:

Oh, and I detected my current weak spot: deltoids (more specifically medial and front). Handstand and handstand push ups should do the trick with those.

See ya!

Hwestneth

04.11.2022 - Friday

Muscle Up (Advanced) Routine 3 (64 pull ups; 84 push ups; 24 during the workout)
Front Lever (Beginner) Routine 1
Lower Body Dynamite (Beginner) Routine 1
Easy Core Day 1
Yoga Abs Day 1

---

So. Okay. I decided to take two relatively easy ab challenges because most of my workouts have some kind of ab work already in them (and I'm also too lazy to do the app workouts). Upper body is still stiff but not sore anymore. Ring push ups kicked my ass today. But just you wait. Soon I'll be eating them for snacks :drool: AND russian push ups turned out to be relatively good for deltoid training.

See ya :grab:

Hwestneth

06.11.2022 - Sunday (Day 5)

FOUNDATION LIGHT Days 1-3 - lvl. 3; no rest
BASELINE Days 1-3 - lvl. 3; no rest
VITALITY Days 1-3 - lvl. 3; no rest
SQUARE 1 Days 1-3 - lvl. 3; no rest
Yoga Abs Day 3
Easy Core Day 3

---

So I might've gone a bit stir-crazy today, because I thought it would be a good idea to take almost all the lvl. 1 programs and start doing them in one go so that I could finish them before my departure. :muahaha: Which means that for the following 9 days I will be doing 3 days from each program so that I'd get the badges. As for the workout itself, it was actually really fun and good. It took me around two hours to do them and while it didn't exhaust me per se, I could definitely feel the burn by the end. Although I think that I won't be doing everything in one go in the following days, rather I will scatter the workouts throughout the day. Reminded me of the good old days when I'd do two programs and tons of challenges at the same time :D

I'm kind of torn on what to do with my upper body workouts. On the one hand, the cold in the mountains ate some of my muscles so that I'm a few steps back in my progress. I would greatly benefit from going back to the basics and doing pull ups and push ups to failure. On the other hand, if I do them to failure I won't be able to properly practice skills (such as muscle up, handstand) or do a bit more advanced exercises (that would greatly benefit the overall stability and 'co-operation' of muscles, such as ring push ups, russian push ups, etc) because I might overtrain and injure myself. And the trip and change in schedule in a couple of weeks makes it difficult to properly plan everything. I guess I just have to do what I can and when the dust settles I can start to train properly again.

See ya! :grab:

Hwestneth

07.11.2022 - Monday (Day 6)

Morning workout:
VITALITY Day 4 - lvl. 3
14 pull ups (max test)
Muscle up (Advanced) Routine 1
FOUNDATION LIGHT Day 4 - lvl. 3
SQUARE 1 Day 4 - lvl. 3
FOUNDATION LIGHT Days 5-6 - lvl. 3
Lower Body Dynamite (Beginner) Routine 2
Front Lever (Beginner) Routine 2
BASELINE Days 4-5 - lvl. 3; no rest
VITALITY Day 5 - lvl. 3; no rest
SQUARE 1 Day 5 - lvl. 3; no rest

Evening workout:
BASELINE Day 6 - lvl. 3; no rest
VITALITY Day 6 - lvl. 3; no rest
SQUARE 1 Day 6 - lvl. 3; no rest
Easy Core Day 4
Yoga Abs Day 4
Nerd Fitness Flexibility

A few sets of 10x[upright row+bicep curl+shoulder press] with 5kg dumbbells throughout the day.

---

So close to my 15 pull ups goal, but actually it went a bit better than I expected (more like feared). I used one of the program's workout as a warm up and did most of them during my main workout's rest time. Time efficient :ohyes: I really liked doing inverted hangs to tuck front levers, it's such an enjoyable exercise. You get to hang upside down like a bat :glee:

And I decided to throw that dumbbell combo into the mix to develop something I like to call "fluff" on my arms, especially shoulders. Bodyweight exercises are good and all, but if the muscles get too tight and stringy (which is happening to me right now), then they are prone to injuries. Fluff expands them and also gives extra strength. But that's just my experience with my body, I'm by no means an expert. :D I also took some measurements to see where I will have progressed in a few months.

Also, note to self: DO NOT let the cat into your room if you have your yoga mat on the floor. It's going to get turned into a scratching mat.

See ya :dancy:

Attachments

• Measurements_7nov2022.png
    Measurements_7nov2022.png
    59.3 KB · Views: 10

Hwestneth

08.11.2022 - Tuesday (Day 7)

Morning workout:
Warm up exercises
Pull up pyramid: 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+5+5 (46)
CA: Handstand (intermediate): Wall handstand push ups: 5+5+4+4 (18)
FOUNDATION LIGHT Days 7-9 - lvl. 3; no rest
BASELINE Days 7-9 - lvl. 3; no rest
VITALITY Days 7-9 - lvl. 3; no rest

Evening workout:
SQUARE 1 Days 7-9 - lvl. 3; no rest
Easy Core Day 5
Yoga Abs Day 5
Push ups (w? d4): 15+20+16+16+20 (87)
Nerd Fitness Flexibility

A few sets of 10x[upright row+bicep curl+shoulder press] with 5kg dumbbells throughout the day.

---

I'm definitely feeling the burn today.

See ya :bored:

Last edited:

Hwestneth

09.11.2022 - Wednesday (Day 8)

Morning workout:
VITALITY Day 10 - lvl. 3; no rest
Muscle up (Beast) Routine 2
*Ring Muscle Ups: 2+2+2+1 (7)

FOUNDATION LIGHT Days 10-12 - lvl. 3
SQUARE 1 Day 10 - lvl. 3
Easy Core Day 6
Front Lever (Beginner) Routine 3
Lower Body Dynamite (Beginner) Routine 3
SQUARE 1 Days 11-12 - lvl. 3; no rest
VITALITY Days 11-12; no rest

Evening workout:
BASELINE Days 10-12 - lvl. 3; no rest
Yoga Abs Day 6
Nerd Fitness Flexibility

---

I moved my muscle up routine's difficulty level up a notch and I GOT THE RING MUSCLE UP AGAIN :cheeky: Life is good :click: but at the same time I had forgotten about the 5 sets of 8 ring russian push ups but turns out they weren't that bad :LOL:

I might have to repeat my front lever training cycle because today's workout called for advanced tuck lever but what I did was more like half advanced tuck lever.

See ya :vibes:

Hwestneth

10.11.2022 - Thursday (Day 9)

Morning workout:
Warm up exercises
Explosive Upper Body
* 2x3 pull ups
* 3 5kg pull ups
* 3x3 10kg pull ups
FOUNDATION LIGHT Days 13-15 - lvl. 3; no rest
BASELINE Days 13-15 - lvl. 3; no rest
VITALITY Days 13-15 - lvl. 3; no rest

Evening workout:
SQUARE 1 Days 13-15 - lvl. 3; no rest
Easy Core Day 7
Yoga Abs Day 7
Nerd Fitness Flexibility

---

Felt stronger than a week ago :ss: but still did not touch planche training. I'm not sure how my thumb's gonna take it and if something goes wrong, then it's already too late. It looks a bit different than my other thumb as well, a bit bulkier. But at least the joint doesn't feel weirdly soft anymore, so there's that. It is still a bit stiff but at least it doesn't swell up after a bit of use.

I'm at the halfway mark with the programs :ss: they've kept my lower body in a pretty good condition, so I'm happy about that. Also, today I ran out of cookies (almost pure sugar and butter) that helped me keep my energy levels up during my morning workout. I'm probably gonna replace them with apples.

See ya!

Hwestneth

11.11.2022 - Friday (Day 10)

Morning workout:
Warm up exercises
Muscle Up (Beast) Routine 3
* Wide grip pull ups: 10+10 (20)​
* Dips: 20+20 (40)​
* Close grip pull ups: 8+8 (16)​
* Russian push ups: 10+10 (20)​
* Pull ups: 8+10 (18)​
* Push ups: 20+20 (40)​
VITALITY Day 16 - lvl. 3
SQUARE 1 Day 16 - lvl. 3
FOUNDATION LIGHT Days 16-17 - lvl. 3
Front Lever (Beginner) Routine 4
BASELINE Days 16-18 - lvl. 3
FOUNDATION LIGHT Day 18 - lvl. 3; no rest

Evening(ish) workout:
VITALITY Days 17-18 - lvl. 3; no rest
SQUARE 1 Days 17-18 - lvl. 3; no rest
Easy Core Day 8
Yoga Abs Day 8
Nerd Fitness Flexibility

---

I didn't really feel like working out today. Even the music I usually listen to seemed off-putting. Maybe it's the gloomy and rainy autumn weather, but today I'd much rather have curled up in a corner and read a book. Luckily that feeling passed after grinding through the first part of the muscle up program and reaching the 'to failure' sets and seeing that I have actually gained some strength back (and after finding some new music). My brother told me I used to look really buff and now it's weird to look at me so scrawny. Thanks... :blackout:

I almost tried going for the 25 dips in one go but the place I'm doing dips at has a drop down the stairs so if I slip or if my muscles fail (the joys of working out at home), which I was actually pretty close to with the 20th rep, then... well... I would've fallen down the stairs :D

I'm really liking this front lever program. Today's main exercise was tuck front lever pulls, so really torturing the lats :LOL: I skimmed through the program and reached the conclusion that I should only do the first four workouts until I can hold advanced tuck front lever.

I think I'm going to finish each program on a separate day now. So tomorrow one program, on Sunday another, etc. The amount of days left in each program is equivalent to what I would have to do in a day anyway. So this way, even if something comes up before the trip, then at least a few badges are guaranteed.

See ya! :pose:

Hwestneth

@Maly Thank you :dancy:

@Montserrat Hi! Thank you! :ss: the reason it comes this easy right now is mostly because I've achieved most of this before and it's easier to do it again than doing it the first time. And as for the programs, then I'm willing to do almost anything to get some badges :LOL::muahaha:

Hwestneth

14.11.2022 - Monday (Day 13)

Warm up exercises
16 pull ups (max test)
Muscle up (Beast) Routine 1
* Pull ups: 11+10+10 (31)​
* Push ups: 50+20+20 (90)​
SQUARE 1 Days 19-22 - lvl. 3 (done during muscle up routine's rest times)
Front Lever (Beginner) Routine 1
SQUARE 1 Days 23-30 - lvl. 3; no rest
Easy Core Day 11
Yoga Abs Day 11
Nerd Fitness Flexibility

---

Today was tough, but it payed off. I raised my pull up count from previous week by two and got to 50 push ups in one set again! It was okay until 25, it got really tough at 35 and the last 5-10 push ups were done purely by keeping my mind over matter. Turns out, doing the programs' arm days is actually really good as accessory training. Tuck front lever felt a lot stronger as well.

In a weird way, doing the programs all mixed up as I did in the beginning worked my body a bit better than doing one program in one go. They really complemented each other.

One more program to go! See ya! :move:

Hwestneth

15.11.2022 - Tuesday (Day 14)

Warm up exercises
Pull up pyramid: 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10+6+5 (66)
CA: Handstand (intermediate): Wall handstand push ups: 8+5+5+5 (18)
BASELINE Days 19-30 - lvl. 3; no rest (except for the bathroom break)
Easy Core Day 12

---

Final program finished and 8 wall handstand push ups achieved :bored: I have an observation about this program. Out of nowhere, on day 25, comes along a 32-count squat hold. Nowhere else in the program, just on day 25 :question: :LOL: just found it interesting. Baseline is really good for keeping legs in shape, I liked it.

As for doing four programs and multiple days from them at the same time - it's a fun challenge and a way to keep yourself in a good shape or get in a bit better shape quickly, if you have a good foundation beforehand. I wouldn't recommend doing it when you're just starting your fitness journey. And it takes a lot of time out of your day. If I was doing the programs completely separately, not during main workout's rest times, then it took me anywhere from 1,5 - 2,5 hours to complete the 12 days. And it also drained quite a bit of energy. I had to snack on cookies and apples quickly during workouts because my movements were becoming sluggish and I was getting sleepy.

I dropped Yoga Abs for now. Tomorrow's the flight. I probably won't be training until Monday.

See ya!

:grab:

Hwestneth

Hi everyone. Training's gonna have to wait again. I'm a bit sick. Too much sun (feeling really dizzy and weak) and my tonsils ( the bane of my existence) got infected again. But on the bright side, I found a nice place to train 😊

See ya:expecting:

Hwestneth

@GentleOx Thank you!

24.11.2022 - Thursday

warm up
Explosive Upper Body

25.11.2022 - Friday

warm up
Grip switch; 1 min rest between sets (45)
* 3x5 pull ups
* 3x5 close grip chin ups
* 3x5 wide grip pull ups
a couple of russian dips
4+4+4 handstand push ups
climbing on monkey bars

---

On Thursday I started to feel like a human again so I started to train a bit again. Taking it easy until Monday, because I can still feel my tonsils being weird. But maybe that's a given until I can get them out.

I tried russian dips again, mostly just to see if I can still do them. And I could! I injured my deltoid doing them in February (outside, not my brightest moment) and since then doing them has led to irritating that old injury. But luckily the dip bars are good and suit my shoulder width (if that makes sense) and my deltoid didn't seem to mind.

Also, since I want to run a Spartan race again in the new year, I started parctising monkey bars. What I learned from my first one is that you can be good at pull ups but if you don't know how to leverage swing and momentum, especially when it's raining and slippery, then you're most likely gonna drop. Spartan monkey bars are ridiculously thick and far apart and I'm quite small, so it's gonna be a challenge :cantcope:

Anyway, for December, I'm just gonna stick with my own program and Fit Christmas.

See ya!
:ambush:

Hwestneth

@SlothEnergy hehe thanks :D it is

28.11.2022 - Monday

warm up exercises
14 pull ups (max test)
Muscle Up (Beast) Routine 1
* Russian dips: 3+3+2+3 (11)
* Pull ups: 10+10+10 (30)
* Push ups: 30+20+20 (70)
CARDIO BLAST Day 1 - lvl. 3; 1 minute rest
CORE STRENGTH Day 1 - lvl. 3; 1 minute rest
30 DAYS OF YOGA Day 1

---

It is hot as hell in here. When I finished my workout I looked like I had just gotten out of a pool. A little fall from the previous monday workout but that was to be expected. And so much for the one program idea :D These programs were just what I was missing and they should be easy, but at least the first days hit hard :D

See ya :bored:

Hwestneth

29.11.2022 - Tuesday

Morning workout
CARDIO BLAST Day 2 - lvl. 3; 1 minute rest
CORE STRENGTH Day 2 - lvl. 3
30 DAYS OF YOGA Day 2

Evening workout
Warm up exercises
Pull up pyramid: 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10+6+6 (66)
CA: Handstand (intermediate): Wall handstand push ups: 8+4+4+5 (21)

Hwestneth

30.11.2022 - Wednesday

Morning workout
CARDIO BLAST Day 3 - lvl. 3; 30s rest
CORE STRENGTH Day 3 - lvl. 3; 30s rest
30 DAYS OF YOGA Day 3

Evening workout
Warm up exercises
* Ring Muscle Ups: 3+2+2+2 (9)
* Russian Dips: 3+3+0+0+0 (6)

01.12.2022 - Thursday

Thenics: Planche: Level 2
* frog stand: 3x30s (90s)
* pseudo push ups: 3x5 (15)
* pseudo planche lean: 3x20s (60s)
* supermans: 3x10 (30)
FIT DECEMBER Day 1; 1 min rest
CORE STRENGTH Day 4 - lvl. 3; 1 min rest
CARDIO BLAST Day 4
30 DAYS OF YOGA Day 4

----

Rainy days, feeling tired. I replaced russian dips with normal ones in the end because my deltoid started to feel funny again and I don't need another injury. Today I skipped my usual explosive upper body training and took it easy.

AND IT'S WINTER SEASON :ragdoll: :snowball:

Hwestneth

02.12.2022 - Friday

Warm up exercises
Muscle Up (Beast) Routine 3
* Wide grip pull ups: 10+10 (20)
* Dips: 19+16 (35)

* Close grip pull ups: 8+8 (16)
* Russian push ups: 12+10 (22)

* Pull ups: 10+10 (20)
* Push ups: 20+20 (40)

CARDIO BLAST Day 5 - lvl.3; no rest

03.12.2022 - Saturday

1,3km run
CORE STRENGTH Day 5 - lvl. 3; 1 min rest
FIT DECEMBER Day 2
CORE STRENGTH Day 6 - lvl. 3
1,3km run
30 DAYS OF YOGA Days 5-6

---

Friday was a good day, but my main workout exhausted me so much I didn't have energy to complete every program. Today I decided to try running. It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. Tomorrow I'm gonna do some catching up with my program days.

See ya!

Last edited:

Hwestneth

5.12.2022 - Monday

Morning workout:
CARDIO BLAST Day 6 - lvl. 3; 1 min rest
FIT DECEMBER Day 4; 1 min rest

Evening workout:
warm up exercises
15 pull ups (max test)
Muscle Up (Beast) Routine 1
* Russian dips: 5+4+4+4 (17)

6.12.2022 - Tuesday

Warm up exercises
Pull up pyramid: 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10+6+6 (66)
CA: Handstand (intermediate): Wall handstand push ups: 8+5+6+6 (25)
CORE STRENGTH Day 7 - lvl. 3; 1 min rest

7.12.2022 - Wednesday

Warm up exercises
* Ring Muscle Ups: 3+3+2+2 (10)
* Russian Dips: 4+4+4+4+4 (20)
CORE STRENGTH Day 8 - lvl. 3; 1 min rest
Monkey bars: 1+1+1

8.12.2022 - Thursday

CA: Explosive Upper Body
* bar muscle ups: 0+1+1+0 (2)
Thenics: Planche: Level 3
* tuck planche: 6s+7s+6s (19s)
* pseudo push ups: 3x8 (24)
* supermans: 3x12 (36)

9.12.2022 - Friday

Warm up exercises
Grip switch; 1 min rest between sets (45)
* 3x5 pull ups
* 3x5 close grip chin ups
* 3x5 wide grip pull ups
Monkey bars: 1

---

Sunday and Monday - My tonsils got infected again, so on Sunday I decided to take a full rest day and on Monday I took it easy and didn't do the max pull ups and push ups at the end of my workout. I was feeling weak, too, but luckily my muscle strength has increased.
Tuesday - Discovered a magical remedy for my throat and tonsils, felt much better, but decided that until I get properly used to the new climate and get well, then until then I won't push it much and drop cardio.
Wednesday - Felt much stronger and better. I even managed to up my muscle up and russian dip game. Decided to drop the programs for now and learned that unless I have a very good routine without illness, then having many programs at once isn't a good idea.
Thursday - Decided to try bar muscle ups. I got two! It didn't look the nicest (a little stop halfway and a little chickenwing) but it also isn't the worst I've had over the years. I can work with that. Also learned that I should concentrate on doing tuck planche on the ground, not on dip bars, because I can't really gauge my form very well on the bars. On the ground I can feel when I drop too low.
Friday - Had a guest coming over, so I did my "emergency" workout.

I also got a new job, so getting used to that and working it into my routine has messed things up a bit. Saturdays and Sundays are for resting, at least for now.

Hope you're all doing well, see ya! :ragdoll:

Hwestneth

@SlothEnergy Thank you, gonna need that luck! :LOL: And good luck to you too! I can recommend pull up negatives (aka starting at the top position and lowering yourself down slowly). It works wonders and helped me a lot in the beginning! And also holding the top position. And Australian pull ups are good, too.

Hwestneth

6.12.2022 - Tuesday

Warm up exercises
Pull up pyramid: 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10+11+10+8 (84)
CA: Handstand (intermediate): Wall handstand push ups: 8+6+6+5 (25)

7.12.2022 - Wednesday

Warm up exercises
* Ring Muscle Ups: 3+3+3+3 (12)
* Russian Dips: 5+5+5+5+5 (25)

8.12.2022 - Thursday

Warm up exercises
CA: Explosive Upper Body
* bar muscle ups: 0+1+1+1+1+1 (5)
Thenics: Planche: Level 3
* tuck planche: 6s+9s+6s (21s)
* pseudo push ups: 3x8 (24)
* supermans: 3x12 (36)
15s Dragon Flag (max test)
Dragon Flag Workout

Mango: achieved

---

This week I feel like I've somehow gotten an energy and strength boost. Everything is easy. I'm flying up during pull ups. Reps are increasing, strength is increasing. I love it! :cantwait:I tried dragon flag and got the 15 seconds I was hunting. I'm still trying to perfect my tuck planche and my muscle ups are still chicken wing-y, although in my defence, I do them with strength only, no kipping, no swinging. Routine seems to be working well so far. My only concern here is that apart from 'to failure' sets and the pyramid, the reps have always been static and I'm considering adding one rep to everything so that my body and progress wouldn't stagnate (as they have done before).

See ya!

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Happy New Year
:fireworks: