SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Today
walk 1h

Food :star::gstar::star:
Steps 2266 P / 3309 GF / 3238 EF*

Workout streak: 15

I meant to nip out for 10 minutes to check on a PokéGO Stop. I did in fact stay out for around an hour, got very cold (especially my hands), wandering around and finding little virtual monsters. Nothing, NOTHING, has got me out of the house like this, ever. I'll take it!

* The step counter debacle continues... today I tested the clicky pedometer (2266) vs Google Fit (3309) vs EasyFit (3238), so it seems the pedometer undercounts quite seriously. I will keep testing until I find one that's consistent.

Last edited:

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Today
Five Rites, 13 reps :v:
Zero Hero Day 5, L2, 1min :v:
Posture Day 5 + 6 :v:

Food :star::star::x:
Steps -

Workout streak: 16!

Lookit! Got a new Achievement: 15 day streak! Finally!

Today is a very frustrating day, I can't settle on anything or pick any task. At least I cleaned up the kitchen and did part of my exercise - I will get back to Zero Hero today, but after 13 down/up dogs, I need a break before doing planks. I think (and maybe it's something else) that the Posture Challenge looks deceptively simple but is actually doing something, because anything involving arms/shoulders is just that little bit harder. Inch resting.

Ow wrists. I tried my best to plank on my feet but went to knees as necessary. I also had rather a long break between sets 2 and 3 eheh 😬

Last edited:

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Thank you @Laura Rainbow Dragon @Lallafa @Fremen ! Now I just have to continue, right? Right.

Today
long walk into town
Posture Day 7 :v:

Food :star::gstar::star:
Steps P - / GF 10,152 / SCP 6,086 / EF -

Workout streak: 17

So... "just nipping" into town for some jeans and food turned out to be a Bad Plan for my sore tendon. I swear it's been feeling better! I thought it would be okay! Distinctly limping from about halfway into town, nevermind the rest. Urgh.
I don't know what happened, by the time I got home, I was sore all over: either I'm overcompensating, or I'm tense, or the other training is making me sore without outright DOMS pain. Or all of these. Anyway, I went pretty much straight to bed and even fell asleep for a bit.

Google Fit imports the values from other apps (here, Step Counter - Pedometer), but does not update if you delete bad data. Manually fixed the GF value above but it's still very different. Also, SCP has recently added paid plans and is now officially Irritating. Bye, Felicia! One down, two to keep testing (EasyFit and Google Fit).

Last edited:

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Today
Zero Hero Day 7, L2 in one go :v:
Posture Day 9 :v:

Food :star::star::star:
Steps P - / GF - / EF -

Workout streak: 19

aww yay, quick workout before evening video call with a friend in North America! I let myself do this as march steps, since I've walked quite a bit lately.

Last edited:

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Today
walk
Zero Hero Day 8, L2, 30 sec :v:
Posture Day 10

Food :star::star:
Steps P 2939 / GF 4269 / EF 3941

Workout streak: 20

Felt frustrated with everything and went out for a walk. This is new behaviour for me. It didn't solve everything but it was a better choice than other things.
The pedometer situation continues to be annoying.

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Today
Zero Hero Day 9, L2, 30 sec :v:
Posture Day 11 :v:

Steps P / GF / EF

Workout streak: 21

Aw man. I found out that I can't extend my 6-month rental contract and will have to move. At the same time, my family and my mother's carers are trying to persuade my mother to go into a supported living space - and if she does finally give in, we will have to clear out her home. And I've discovered a problem with my bank account, which ties in with some financial problems and thus ultimately my work.
So I guess that nice quiet time I was having is coming to an end, I'm back on the Struggle Bus, at least for a while. URGH.

Last edited:

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Thank you @HellYeah @Lallafa @Laura Rainbow Dragon @Tileenah @Fitato @Fremen !

It sounds like you're dealing with a lot. Hoping for all of this to get sorted out soon. Take care of yourself!
Thank you! Yeah, I've just been through the end-of-life stuff with my dad, it was very difficult. At least I had a little break before the next one, I guess!!

Today
Zero Hero Day 10, L2, :x:
Posture Day 12 :v:

Food :star::x::star:
Steps P / GF / EF

Workout streak: 22

I didn't do much today apart from distract myself and browse apartments, but at least I didn't forget the posture challenge! I am going to give myself the streak, and I'll be sure to work a bit harder another day.

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Today
Zero Hero Day 10, L2, 30 sec :v:
Posture Day 13 :v:

Steps P / GF / EF

Workout streak: 23

It's 10pm, I just want to go to bed, but I made myself do my exercise and will grab a shake before sleep.
Not ideal, not at all, but we do what we must...

Last edited:

Froud

Warrior Monk from Brussels
Today
Zero Hero Day 9, L2, 30 sec :v:
Posture Day 11 :v:

Steps P / GF / EF

Workout streak: 21

Aw man. I found out that I can't extend my 6-month rental contract and will have to move. At the same time, my family and my mother's carers are trying to persuade my mother to go into a supported living space - and if she does finally give in, we will have to clear out her home. And I've discovered a problem with my bank account, which ties in with some financial problems and thus ultimately my work.
So I guess that nice quiet time I was having is coming to an end, I'm back on the Struggle Bus, at least for a while. URGH.
Oh my :( it is not fun at all
I am sorry for you!

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
thanks @Froud

Today
Zero Hero Day 11, L2, 4x 1min* :v:
Posture Day 14 :v:

Steps P / GF / EF

Workout streak: 24

I had a slow morning and dragged my feet a lot over some tasks% most of the day, but by the evening I got into it and finished more than I thought I could. Now it's 21:30 and I've yet to have food (or get outside), story of my life... shake again for dinner, I do not have the will to prep anything.

* On the final wall sit, I tried to see how long I could actually hold it. Around 1:45 I thought it might be enough - it wasn't awful but I was getting bored of the pain too. Besides, "to failure" would involve falling over, right? And then probably not having the strength to get up again for a minute. I need to do that where there is space 😅

% By now, I know how to plan stuff pretty well, but that doesn't mean I always enjoy it. Anyway, I have now come up with a plan for getting through this quarter, house move and all, while also working as much as I can and completing some tasks that it would be best to finish here - in this city/state, and with a decent office to work from.

Last edited:

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Today
walk, ~90 min, slow
Posture Day 15 :v:
Zero Hero Day 12, L2, ~30 sec :v:

Food :star::gstar::gstar:
Steps P - / GF 4262 / EF 3989

Workout streak: 25

I had some GREAT news today, which is that I'm getting my certificate of German citizenship next week! I've been waiting for that for a long time, glad it's finally sorted out.

This morning was slow again after a VERY late night (that Revenge Bedtime Procrastination got me good after working so late), and once I opened that letter it was Game Over for any desk-based work, so I went to the supermarket and the bakery and played PokéGO on the way.

I'll do Zero Hero now, because although I'm not feeling very energetic, but rather stiff and urgh, the description made me laugh so now I have to do the workout.

Last edited:

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
@Anek @Laura Rainbow Dragon @Fremen there is a German superstition that it's bad luck to congratulate someone on things that haven't happened yet, which is why they / we(!) are _pedantic_ about never wishing a happy birthday or happy new year even a minute too early, so I will park your wishes until next Tuesday and take them in the spirit intended until then! (thank you!)

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
"Break a leg!"
Yes, that works! I know that one too, and there's a German version: "Hals- und Beinbruch!"

Today
Goosebumps, L1, 2min :v:
Posture Day 16 :v:
Zero Hero Day 13, L2, :x:

Steps P - / GF - / EF -

Workout streak: 26

rly struggling today, do not want to deal with things at all. I sorted my stationery to put off dealing with a tax issue, go me 🙄😆
feeling a bit more lively after working out.

Last edited:

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Today
Posture Day 17 :v:
Zero Hero Day 13, L2, :x:

Steps P - / GF - / EF -

Workout streak: 27

More bad news. I completed the posture challenge but that's all I have in me today. Literally can't wait to go to bed, and that's unusual for me.
See you tomorrow.

Last edited:

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Today
Posture Day 20 :v:

Food :star::star::gstar:
Steps P 623 / GF 3476 / EF -

Workout streak: 30!!

urgh I am tired, I want to get back to proper workouts but I'm mentally exhausted from other stuff
at least I left the house today! hence step count

I think that pedometer is going to get chucked in a drawer, it annoys me how it undercounts (maybe good for longer hikes? idk).
Oh but update on this - Google Fit seems to work okay, as long as I have my phone on my person, so it would probably be my default EXCEPT now my Pokémon buddy has mentioned they'd like to add me as a Fitbit... what do they have there? Workout rivals, accountability partners, nemeses?? So when I get a second, I'm going to see how I can make that work and if it needs me to buy a piece of Fitbit kit. Which I will do for the sake of friendly competition 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Congrats :worried:

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Thank you @TopNotch @Fremen @Laura Rainbow Dragon @Tileenah @Nanna Io @Haleth - and @mavie: it went well today, I have my certificate and I've applied for my passport and ID card. Hooray! Officially 🇩🇪 🇬🇧 🇦🇺!

Today
Posture Day 21 :v:

Food :star::gstar::gstar:
Steps GF 5895 / EF 5929

Workout streak: 31

idk what it is - adrenaline leaving my body, bad night's sleep - I've been a washout since I got back at lunch, I had a lengthy nap in the afternoon, and now I'm fighting the temptation to go to bed early... not for long! I want to try and write something but then I'll go.