Back to Square One

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Today
Square1 Day 30, L2, no breaks :v: :completed::proud:

Food :star::star::star:

Workout streak: 5

You guys! I completed a whole program, my first! Thank you, Square One, you were a good one, always manageable.
I've had a really good, successful, productive day (lots happened) but now it's almost midnight and I have to sleep.

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Thank you @Mianevem @Nanna Io @Fremen @GentleOx @BetaCorvi @Anek @JohnStrong! Gosh, a lot of congrats, yay!

Today
walked to Forum, ~1h 🚶‍♀️
Foundation Day 7, L2, 30 sec :v:

Food :star::star::gstar:
Steps 6937
Workout streak: 6

Ah I forgot to mention! I saw today that I had previously downloaded a pedometer to my phone, so started using it since I was going to be out anyway. Seems reasonably accurate - overall distance vs map is roughly the same and I do kinda wander sometimes.

So now I can figure out how to make a walking challenge happen - a paid thing or maybe pick up the Walk to Mordor I had going a while ago. Suggestions and reviews welcome (I wrote a post about it too if you prefer commenting there).

Last edited:

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Today
walked to shop, ~30 min 🚶‍♀️
Foundation Day 8, L2, no breaks :v:

That was pretty hard but over quickly.
I might have done an extra set by accident?

To be fair, I was watching this, which a) has the perfect beat to match Tendon Strength, and b) made me laugh so hard I lost count
Trendz 'Clique' (C ver.)

Food :star::star::gstar:
Steps 3503
Workout streak: 7

aaaanndddd now I crash

Last edited:

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Re walking, I've pulled out my old Walk to Mordor spreadsheet. It turns out I had previously completed the walk from Bag End to Rivendell (458 miles) between March 2019 and January 2020. Between Jan and late April 2020, I got 200 miles away from Rivendell and then I stopped, which puts me 136 miles from Moria. FUNTIEMS.

In the book, this part of the walk happens in a series of night walks over Dec and Jan, followed by being actually underground for a few days before coming out in Lothlorien in mid-January. I'm not sure how long it will take me to walk this distance but I bet it will be a lot more comfortable than that - and very likely no Orc attacks!

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Yesterday
awww no 🤬🤬🤬🤬 I really forgot! How?!
Okay. Okay. Start a new streak 😭 and try to beat the last one 💪

Today
Foundation Day 11, L1, no breaks (warm-up) :v:
Foundation Day 12, L2, 30 sec :v:
(I didn't realise the format and did extra of the first two exercises, oops)

Food :x::star::star:
Steps 0
Workout streak: 1

Last edited:

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Pronouns: She/her
Re walking, I've pulled out my old Walk to Mordor spreadsheet. It turns out I had previously completed the walk from Bag End to Rivendell (458 miles) between March 2019 and January 2020. Between Jan and late April 2020, I got 200 miles away from Rivendell and then I stopped, which puts me 136 miles from Moria. FUNTIEMS.

In the book, this part of the walk happens in a series of night walks over Dec and Jan, followed by being actually underground for a few days before coming out in Lothlorien in mid-January. I'm not sure how long it will take me to walk this distance but I bet it will be a lot more comfortable than that - and very likely no Orc attacks!
I want someone to make something like this for Skyrim 😜...

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
I want someone to make something like this for Skyrim
It's just a simple spreadsheet, which I'm happy to share with you - then you just need to know the distances (even vaguely would do, I think). And knowing nerds, someone has this data written down... LOTR is in a good position with decades of scholarship and _books_ on the topic, but probably someone somewhere has made something for Skyrim as well.

Let me know if the spreadsheet would help!

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Today
Foundation Day 13, L2, <10 sec :v:

Food :star::x::gstar:
Steps 0
Workout streak: 2

Busy day full of work, but I was slow to start and very distracted by a friend and some music nonsense, so it all dragged on. And then I translated a menu and decided on a whim to get Italian pizza delivered. It was super salty and full of things I don't usually eat and now I'm bloated and regretful. I didn't even want the dessert! Hard to believe I used to eat like this at least once a month, often more.

And we're back on the midnight exercise train, woot. At least I learned I'm not alone in the wider world: no real idea who Daymond John is as a person, but his productivity routine sounds good to me.

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Pronouns: She/her
Yes do send!
It's just a simple spreadsheet, which I'm happy to share with you - then you just need to know the distances (even vaguely would do, I think). And knowing nerds, someone has this data written down... LOTR is in a good position with decades of scholarship and _books_ on the topic, but probably someone somewhere has made something for Skyrim as well.

Let me know if the spreadsheet would help!

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Today
walked to town, ~45 min 🚶‍♀️
Foundation Day 18, L1, no breaks :v:

Steps 4093
Workout streak: 8

Did Foundation late and quickly - I lost the evening trying to pick K-Pop Season's Greetings, which... won't make any sense if you're not a fan, but for those who know: when your ults all enlist and you have to pick from your second-favourite groups and there are just too many to choose from, it's a special kind of hell... not to mention wading through GOs.

Anyway. Not sure I could do many more shoulder sets, and my knees didn't like the lunges at all, so... chalk one up as done but with no particular style. Hooray for cardio tomo... oh no wait it's Slow Climbers again 🙄

Last edited:

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Today
Five Rites, 5 reps :v:
Foundation Day 19, L2,

Food :star::star:
Steps
Workout streak: 9

I'm not sure if I can call the T5T "5 reps" because I watched a couple of videos to get past my struggles and ended up playing around a bit to get into the movements I don't know yet. Close enough.

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Sorry to hear you are having trouble at work.
Thanks! I love my work in general (freelance translator), but even so, sometimes it's annoying. An outsourcer stipulated a working method that made no sense to me and would have complicated things a lot. It's mostly resolved now. I just lost time being resentful over it all, really.

Saturday
walked to library and market, ~2h 🚶‍♀️
Food (I don't remember)
Steps 6535
Workout streak: 13

Sunday
Exercise :x:
Food :star::gstar::x:
Steps 0
Workout streak: 0

Today
Steps 0

On Saturday I was out for quite a while, with crafting winter deco before and after; yesterday, I was really tired for some reason and unfortunately didn't think about exercise at all. Still, 13-day streak, and I'll aim for longer this time.

Last edited:

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Yesterday
Exercise :x:
Food :star:?:gstar:
Steps 0
Workout streak: 0

Today
walked to shop 🚶‍♀️:v:
Food :star::gstar::star:
Steps 4085

Welp. So much for the work stress, which led to sleeping badly and dragged everything else with it. Interesting to observe. It hasn't been this difficult for a long time!

Today I got back on track, tidied up, bought food, changed the sheets... I struggled to get going in the morning but some messages I was dreading turned out to be fine, which boosted me enough to start other tasks. Also, some accountability and little "deadlines". All the old tricks.

I have 10 days of Foundation left to do and I've run out of month! Hmmm.

[edit] thought "f*** it" and did the 5T just before bed. Leaving the mat down for the morning.

Last edited:

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Today

friend's Jazzercise class online, 45 min :v:
Food :star::star:
Steps
Workout streak: 2

So I was meant to start Zero Hero today, but a) still have to finish Foundation and b) I got invited to this class last night, which was streamed online. Lots of bouncing and quicker steps than I can do, but overall fun and dance-like routines. Will probably do that again, assuming it's not too expensive.

Really hungry now!

Last edited: