Brontus's fitness log

Brontus

Ranger from Anchorage, Alaska
Starting point:
Tracking calories for straight up weight loss. Calories in Calories out.
I'm using an app called MyNetDiary that a nurse friend recommended.
I managed to lose about 6 lbs in a few weeks according to my scale. My pants are fitting looser.
My goal is to get down to 267, by July 1st. Arbitary, but I hope to visit Canada this summer since the borders are open and see a friend who lives there.

I have PKU, which is a metabolic disorder preventing me from eating a lot of protein. I shouldn't, but I do. It's just so good.
It's a rare disorder I was born with and I've been on different forms of treatment over the years. Still am.
I have ADHD that I'm on medicine for now. It's put in a better place. I didn't realize how out of control I became.

I also have depression and anxiety. Some of that has subsided with the ADHD medicine even though that's not it's purpose.
I have more energy in the evenings. I'm currently playing catch up with some things that I didn't realize had piled up so much because of a depressive state I sunk into.
My mental processing capacity and ability to focus have increased.

I have high blood pressure that I'm taking two medicines for at max dosage each of 50mg.
I have not been measuring it, but I should.

I am out of shape. My respatory endurance is not what it was. My strength has diminished a bit. I pushed a few cars out of the snow and ice last winter and while a couple people called me strong (physics did most the work), I could barely breathe to save my life.

I want to look cool in costumes. Proportional.
Right now, I feel I look like a troll.
I've given up the idea that I will have an athletic lean body. I'm more accepting that my peak body image would be something more along the lines of the Hulk.
I have not been exercising for mental health reasons, so I will need to start light when I do.

I may not update this log every day, but we'll see. Maybe I'll make it a ritual.

Brontus

Thank you for the welcomes and well wishes :ss:
I started the article "Training On The Weekends vs Training Every Day" the other day and finished it this evening.
It mentioned "hidden exercise" - to which I thought about the position I just applied for at work. My position right now has me chained to a desk and phone. The position I applied for will have me quite the opposite. It will require me to be more active, walking around the university campus, which is awesome. If I get the position, one plan might be "hidden" exercise during the week, warrior on the weekend.

Brontus

Brontus, It seems like you are in a much better place mentally than you have been in. Glad to see it and hope things continue to improve.
Yes indeed. Thank you. Good to see you. 🙂

Weighed in at 328.8 lbs today. Within the last couple weeks, I've been feeling a pant-size smaller. I will have to buy some and see if that's true. Most likely just been losing water weight right now.

Brontus

Hello all, just checking in.
Ran the Darebee fitness test today and have established my fitness level of 1.
Been looking programs and workouts and challenges to get a sense of what I want to begin with.

I'm also working on improving my microbiome. Bananas and oatmeal for prebiotics and dill pickles, sauerkraut, and pickled beets for some additional prebiotics. Had an bad experience with some fast food yesterday, Friday. I've had bad experiences like it before, but this one hit different. Resolved to get things back under control. Considered only consuming oatmeal for a while, but probably not the best idea.

Since food has always been an uphill battle for many reasons, if I can discipline myself to eat how I need to and not how I want to, I might be able to apply that discipline to other areas of life.