Calico's Training Log

Calico

Witcher from France
Pronouns: It/She
"Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations"
Today :

Hero's Journey - day 22
Level 1.
Did it on an incline. Still hate up and downs planks though. They're so much harder than the rest. Honestly I hate all planks, but these are one of the worst lol. I half assed it so I gave myself half the points for level 1.
I gave myself half the points for the Bonus Quest since I did half of it. My body already gave me DOMS for a thousand punches, I didn't want to push it too much by doing two thousand. But I didn't want to do zero punches either.
(Also I would get too bored doing two thousand punches) (a thousand is already long).

Total : 5000 points.

Calico

Witcher from France
Today :

Hero's Journey - day 24
No levels

Total : 5650 points.

:expecting: If only I could sleep consistently and not randomly take hours to fall asleep, or not sleep at all. Nothing has really helped, I'm just too stressed for a variety of reasons (the vast majority of which I can't do anything about).

Last edited:

Calico

Witcher from France
I checked my old thread to see when I already did Hero's Journey. I wonder if the number of points has changed? But if not, two observations :
- I also skipped day 26 in 2017 lol. I did make more excuses last time, this time it's just "I won't do burpees so I skip that day", I may be feeling more confident in what my limits are and in my right to not do some things. I mean it's always been my decision, but I felt bad about it last time.
- Even tho I'm way fatter now and I feel even less in shape, in 2017 after day 27 I was at 5100 points. And now I'm at 6850! There are a lot of days back then where I did level 1, but now it's almost always level 2. It doesn't feel like I've progressed or even stayed at the same level, but I must have progressed after all.

Last edited:

Calico

Witcher from France
Today :

Hero's Journey - day 28
No levels

Hero's Journey - day 29
Level 2 + Ribbon (the points given for ribbon practice are really high compared to magic ring I think, but maybe it's because I think ribbon (kicks) is way easier than magic ring (elbow plank) especially for me)

Total : 7500 points.

Calico

Witcher from France
Today :

Hero's Journey - day 31
7 sets (level 2)
I looked at what the karma said but I'm not skipping dinner, restricting food and skipping meals is a big trigger for me, so I feel good about ignoring the karma page :)

Total : 7800 points

(I'm not home so that's a reason why my workouts are not regular) (most priorities are elsewhere)

Tired because my caffeine intake was too high the past two days and now I'm crashing, but overall these past few weeks/months I've managed it alright so well I'm not going to beat myself up about it.

Calico

Witcher from France
Not really advancing, but I've come home yesterday late at night, so I should be able to go back to the gym soon. Sleep is difficult, so I've been skipping working out, I'm just tired. But I definitely want to finish Hero's Journey and go back to the gym - I just wanted to spend the last of my vacation not doing anything, really. But now I'm home, so, if I actually sleep, time to come back here :)

Calico

Witcher from France
Thanks!

Haven't slept that much, but I did go to the gym.

Everything is four sets of ten.
Seated rows, 27kg.
Shoulder press, 9kg.
Biceps curls, 18kg.
Lat pulldown, 36kg.
Triceps press, 32kg.

Calico

Witcher from France
Now I'm waiting for a day when the weather doesn't suck to do the next day of hero's journey (I want to do the walk, not the at-home cardio), but it still hasn't happened, I'll let you know :expecting:

(I haven't disappeared I'm just. Waiting.)

Calico

Witcher from France
Today :

Hero's Journey - day 33
I definitely didn't walk 8 km but I made an effort to take a walk so I'm counting it as done, moving on, etc.
Level 2 for the push-ups, and I did Ribbon practice.

Total : 8500 points

Calico

Witcher from France
Today :

Hero's Journey - day 35
No levels

Total : 9000 points

Also I went to the gym. Everything is four sets of ten.
Seated rows, 27kg.
Shoulder press, 9kg.
Chest press, 18kg.
Lat pulldown, 36kg.
Triceps press, 32kg.

Calico

Witcher from France
Thank you. Truth is, I'd want to go on walks and stuff but it's hard enough keeping the house clean enough and washing and feeding myself (and I don't even have like. A job.). Mental health is kinda bad. At least I'm keeping up with the program and go to the gym sometimes, we'll see about going out more than one hour at a time later.

Calico

Witcher from France

Today :

Hero's Journey - day 38

Level 2 -met the number target for the punches but not for the high knees. (I wasn't that far though, just at around 80 in 30s instead of 90)

Total : 9750 points

Calico

Witcher from France
Today :

I went to the gym. Everything is four sets of ten.
Seated rows, 27kg.
Shoulder press, 14kg. (up from 9kg)
Lat pulldown, 36kg.
Triceps press, 36kg. (up from 32kg)
Biceps curls, 18kg.

I think I'm going to just do this today, and I take the week-ends off so seeya Monday :bored:

Calico

Witcher from France
Forgot today's update.

I went to the gym. Everything is four sets of ten as usual.

Shoulder press, 14kg.
Lat pulldown, 36kg.
Triceps press, 36kg.
Biceps curls, 18kg.
Chest press, 18kg.

Calico

Witcher from France
Today :

Hero's Journey - day 41
Level 2
Weapon's practice : Ribbon (so many kicks...) (not hard but boring tbh lol :night:)

Total : 10 800 points

Should go to the gym tomorrow if I manage to go out.

Calico

Witcher from France
Today :

Managed to go out, went to the gym. Everything is four sets of ten. (Should I go for sets of twelve ? I don't want to do more than four sets of an exercise because I'd get bored, but maybe twelve reps ?)

Shoulder press, 14kg.
Lat pulldown, 36kg.
Triceps press, 36kg.
Chest press, 23kg. (up from 18)
Seated row, 27kg.

Calico

Witcher from France
Today :

The gym.
Everything is four sets of ten. I'm not going for twelve yet, I'll see later, I'm tired (can't sleep enough).

Shoulder press, 14kg.
Lat pulldown, 36kg.
Triceps press, 36kg.
Biceps curls, 18kg.
Seated row, 27kg.

Calico

Witcher from France
Not very active again, I barely sleep u_u I hoped to get to the gym today but no I'm not going out, maybe tomorrow or maybe not, I'll see what's possible for me.

Today :

Hero's Journey - day 44
No levels

Total : 11 400 points