CDay54 - Training Log/Fitness Journal - Accountability

CDay54

from EKY
Hey everybody! I'm Charlie, I am finding it challenging to keep my fitness thoughts organized so I'm going to give it a shot on here plus if people are willing I would love to get some accountability and community built up in this endeavor. I have a few things I would like to keep organized on here.

1. I will keep a log of my workouts and training here. I am going to stick to the Gladiator Training plan. Since it is late in the week and I finally have the time I am going to start on Day 4. I am going to probably use the lower body days less strictly for that and put a full-body one in there now and again. Today is one of those days. Rest days will still be fairly active as I will try to meet my Apple Watch movement goal.

2. I'm going to be changing over to a more whole food and balanced (low carb when possible) diet. This includes cutting out seed oils, and other processed garbage that our food seems to be loaded with. I am also going to do intermittent fasting until I reach my overall weight goal at least. I tried it once and it worked great so I'm going to do it again. If anyone would like to join me in that I would be happy to interact with people about that. I'm going to put my fasts on here and include some of my meals here.

3. I'm going to post progress reports either once every two weeks or once a week as I go.

My Goals are:
Overall:
Go from my current 230lbs weight to a flat 200lbs.
Improve my cardiovascular health (metrics to come when I figure out how measurable that is)

This Week:
Finish out the Gladiator workout plan
Start my Intermittent Fasting again
Eat healthier for the rest of the week

Let's do this together and help each other get to where we wanna be. I look forward to interacting with you!

CDay54

from EKY
Finished the workout today. It was the Assassin's Workout you can find here because I was looking for a full-body workout, and when I saw the AC nod I was sold. HIIT is compatible with my goals of cardiovascular improvement and toning. The food has been decent today but not great as I had to eat Jack's Links jerky when I was on the run today. It was still higher protein but it was definitely not ideal.
Daily Updates:
_________________Activity_____________
Assassin's Workout (Full Body, HIIT) - 400 cal burn| 34mins
814/520 cal Activity Ring, 3581 steps, 1.87 mi distance so far today

2. _______________Food_______________
Lunch
Jack Link's Jerky - 295 cal
Ghost Swedish Fish Energy - 5 Cal
36.85g protein| 23.86g Carb| 5.67g Fats
Dinner
.75lbs Seasoned Chicken + Broccoli
After dinner, I'm going to do a 10 Hour fast
the goal is to ramp it up by 2 hours a day until I'm at 16:8

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Welcome :)

CDay54

from EKY
Oct 17th Update

Thanks everybody for checking this out and interacting! This is going to be the weekend update and weekly planning post.

This weekend was a decent success though the fasting was an issue as I had forgotten about a family function with a dinner attached to it. 16:8 starts tonight after dinner.
Saturday -
Upperbody workout - 684 calories
591 cal Nutrition Consumption

Sunday -
Rest day - movement goal met
No clue about calories consumed

Later today it's a core and arms workout in accordance with the training plan and a small meal later. At the end of the week I'll have a weight update.

Let's all get after it this week.

CDay54

from EKY
Hey everybody, it was just abject chaos last week so I haven't been able to post regularly so here's an update on last week.
I was able to work out 3 out of the 4 time I was scheduled and able to stay -500 calories below maintenance 4 out of 7 days. Also beat Move goal on watch 6 out of 7 days. Progress is being made but slowly.

This week it will likely be less chaotic so my schedule will stay consistent like the week before. The plan is to continue following the gladiator plan and do everything possible stay -500 calories under maintenence.

Also just as a general open question, how do you all handle seasonal depression when it gets bad? I gotta find a strategy or something, SD had a lot to do with last week being an utter dumpster fire.

Froud

Warrior Monk from Brussels
I do not have seasonal depression, but I feel down time to time (as everybody I guess) and at those occasion, I feel under a huge amount of stress I can not identify the origin of it. So I can be anxious throughout the day for no particular reason and my whole behaviour can be burdensome (and I am of bad company then of course). I went to see a psychologist who happened to use hypnosis. She advised me to create a happy place form good memories so I can think of it when I feel bad, like a micro escape. So far, it worked for me.
Also, a good sleep and good food can do the trick.