Challenges & Badges

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are beginning housekeeping work in the challenges section of the DAREBEE website. This means that some challenges will get a makeover, some will be updated and some will be retired (I believe that has already happened).

In related news - we have agreed how the system for the Challenges Completed will work in the Hive. Each challenge is going to have a badge you will be able to claim in your profile. There are currently just under 140 challenges on the website so this will take a while to implement.

More updates soon :loveu:

neilarey

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Shieldmaiden from Greece
"Trust The Awesomeness"
@CODawn it's one of the processes here at DAREBEE, I am afraid. We constantly review, update, rework or retire workouts, programs and challenges. Normally it happens in the background with individual pages so you don't notice it that much. We are working on the entire website around the clock, though, all the time.

Sometimes content receives a lot of negative feedback - or not enough feedback, or cannot be supported (knowledge, manpower, testing) anymore. That was the case with two entire sections recently (mealplans and recipes). Sometimes years of work go into the archives because no one is there to keep it going or update it. The challenges you see in the section right now are all getting an update for example, the ones that didn't make the cut either were beyond salvaging and/or didn't have enough feedback to work with. Another issue we've been having is lack of volunteers for some programs/challenges. We often get more than enough for some and barely anyone for others so we simply can't update them.

I hope this makes sense. I tried my best to explain the process.

:please:

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates"
Love this! :gotthis: I think it's such a cool feature for celebrating milestones in each of our fitness journeys.

neilarey

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Shieldmaiden from Greece
"Trust The Awesomeness"
@dontmindlosing we are going to update all of the challenges first, announce it and then added new badges. It should take roughly 2 weeks (my guesstimate based on the current workflow). I hope this helps!

Note: we will be replacing existing JPGs on the challenges pages so in order to see the new challenges you will need to clear your cache - or just wait for it to update on its own.

neilarey

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Shieldmaiden from Greece
"Trust The Awesomeness"
All of the challenges in the Challenge section have been updated :happy:
We are going to polish the section today and then begin creating badges for each challenge.

Note: to see the new images you may need to clear your cache (not cookies!) in your browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.