Day One

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Pronouns: Mate
Thank you @Montserrat , @TopNotch , @Fremen , @NancyTree , @JCU , @Froud , @Nanna Io and @Silent Wolf . We're in but it hasn't gone smoothly. I have four holes in the ceiling where the plumbers went looking for the leaking pipe and came to the conclusion that on of the upstairs showers needs to be re-sealed. I have now had the garage door fixed as it came crashing down the other night with pieces of hinge and springs everywhere. We have people coming out today to remove the mould and fix the water-damaged skirting board. But aside from these teething issues, it is a home.

Thank you @mavie , @TheLibrarian , @JCU, @Silent Wolf , @TopNotch , @Montserrat , @Fremen, @Gandhalfit[/USER] , and @NancyTree for the birthday wishes. My apologies for those I've included late because I missed them in the scrolling. I was that busy yesterday I nearly forgot about it myself.

I haven't been around The Hive for quite a while as still somewhat broken. I am healing and can start doing light strength exercises although my physio is quite cautious. I can just imagine the look on my face as he was trying to explain what I'd done to myself and that glazed look of me not understanding what he was saying, like a Neanderthal. From my limited understanding of shoulders, it was something called an AC where the clavical and scapular meet. Mine had separated and that apparently is not meant to happen which explained the discomfort and loss of strength and mobility. My hard earned restarting everything from scratch again has just gone out the window and my streak is floating in limbo at zero, although I now have enough rehab exercises to do at least fifteen continuous minutes of activity from today onwards. I might even be able to start everything all over again, again. So Foundation Light program and Meditation 30-day challenge. I can't do full gravity exercises yet (full push-ups, burpees etc) yet but will get there but some cardio and some ab work can be done so we'll see. I was going to start them in the new year but honestly why put it off? If I use the excuse of waiting for the new year then I'll probably find another excuse then as well so I should just get it started and get back into the routine.

To be continued later.... (hopefully after doing something meaningful)

Day One: 20/12/2022 (Lets hope this is the last Day One for quite some time, if not, altogether)
AM Gym Session
Rehab exercises including band work, foam roller stretches, cable rows (5 sets of 10) , cable chest press (3 sets of 10, incline push-ups (4 sets of 10)
Foundation Light program (again): Day 1 (not so) Fast Pace Cardio - Done at Level III. Shoulder complained a little during the Side Jacks but as it was only 3 per set I did them slower and didn't push to hard.
Meditation 30-day challenge: Day 1 - Done as "Anytime Breath" (7:12 minutes) via Fit On app.
20 minutes ice pack. Not a bad effort. I will see if the shoulder is okay for some more rehab exercises in another session later. More ice required throughout the day though. I was in trouble from the physio for not enough icing in the three days since I last saw him.

PM activity
Rehab Exercises (8 exercises) - Done using the Physio app
20+ minutes Ice.

Snowballs dodged: 18

Last edited:

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Thank you @Montserrat , @TopNotch , @Fremen , @NancyTree , @JCU , @Froud , @Nanna Io and @Silent Wolf . We're in but it hasn't gone smoothly. I have four holes in the ceiling where the plumbers went looking for the leaking pipe and came to the conclusion that on of the upstairs showers needs to be re-sealed. I have now had the garage door fixed as it came crashing down the other night with pieces of hinge and springs everywhere. We have people coming out today to remove the mould and fix the water-damaged skirting board. But aside from these teething issues, it is a home.

Thank you @mavie ,@Gandhalfit , and @NancyTree for the birthday wishes. I was that busy yesterday I nearly forgot about it myself.

I haven't been around The Hive for quite a while as still somewhat broken. I am healing and can start doing light strength exercises although my physio is quite cautious. I can just imagine the look on my face as he was trying to explain what I'd done to myself and that glazed look of me not understanding what he was saying, like a Neanderthal. From my limited understanding of shoulders, it was something called an AC where the clavical and scapular meet. Mine had separated and that apparently is not meant to happen which explained the discomfort and loss of strength and mobility. My hard earned restarting everything from scratch again has just gone out the window and my streak is floating in limbo at zero, although I now have enough rehab exercises to do at least fifteen continuous minutes of activity from today onwards. I might even be able to start everything all over again, again. So Foundation Light program and Meditation 30-day challenge. I can't do full gravity exercises yet (full push-ups, burpees etc) yet but will get there but some cardio and some ab work can be done so we'll see. I was going to start them in the new year but honestly why put it off? If I use the excuse of waiting for the new year then I'll probably find another excuse then as well so I should just get it started and get back into the routine.

To be continued later.... (hopefully after doing something meaningful)

Day One: 20/12/2022 (Lets hope this is the last Day One for quite some time, if not, altogether)
AM Gym Session
Rehab exercises including band work, foam roller stretches, cable rows (5 sets of 10) , cable chest press (3 sets of 10, incline push-ups (4 sets of 10)
Foundation Light program (again): Day 1 (not so) Fast Pace Cardio - Done at Level III. Shoulder complained a little during the Side Jacks but as it was only 3 per set I did them slower and didn't push to hard.
Meditation 30-day challenge: Day 1 - Done as "Anytime Breath" (7:12 minutes) via Fit On app.
20 minutes ice pack. Not a bad effort. I will see if the shoulder is okay for some more rehab exercises in another session later. More ice required throughout the day though. I was in trouble from the physio for not enough icing in the three days since I last saw him.

Snowballs dodged: 3

Physios do tend to nag a bit but I like to think thy know what they're talking about. Take things slowly.
True mate. The fella I'm seeing is only young but after he commits Grievous Bodily Harm on me, I can knock out about 10 push-ups quite easily whereas without his pain I can only do a couple and with considerable discomfort. Our first goal of range of movement is ticked off, now we are working on the slow process of rebuilding strength from almost zero. He nearly fell over when I verbalised my though bubble of doing bench press and deadlifts again. No weights for some time, possibly months. No martial arts for a while and no sparring for considerable time. I'm not good at following direction but this kid has me believing so I have promised to do all my homework (rehab exercises) and ice regularly. And without going overboard (mind you that is a relative term).

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Thank you @TopNotch , @Nanna Io , and @mavie . There is a lot going on, but what's life without challenge. No time for complacency, I need to keep moving forward.

Day Two: Wednesday 21/12/2022
A very busy day at work with no time for the gym but I managed to get at least 15 minutes of me time just before packing up for the day.
Foundation Light program: Day 2 - Done at Level III

Evening
1 Minute Equal Breathing + "Drifting into Sleep" (9:00 minutes approx) via Fit On app as Meditation 30-day challenge: Day 2 - Done

Snowballs Dodged: 83 (105 in total)

Last edited:

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Day Three: Thursday 22/12/2022

AM Gym Session
4 x 10 reps Inclined Push-Ups as extra rehab exercises
Foundation Light program: Day 3 Fast Pace Cardio - Done at Level III
3 x 10 reps x 10kg Cable Chest Press as extra rehab exercises
5 x 10 reps x 10 kg Cable Row as extra rehab exercises
Rehab program (8 exercises)
Backup & Restore workout - Done + Extra Credit
"Anytime Break" (6:10 minutes) meditation session via Fit On app as Meditation 30-day challenge: Day 3 - Done

Snowballs Dodged: 239 (344 in total)

Last edited:

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Day Four: Friday 23/12/2022
Thank you everyone for the snowball fight fun. I was going to sit everything out this year then thought better of it but didn't do enough Side Kicks in time for the coconut ornament but made sure I was ready for the snowball fight.

"Ready & Resilient Meditation" (4:40 minutes) via FitBit app
"Free from Anxiety" (6:20 minutes) meditation session via Fit On app + OM Mantra as Meditation 30-day Challenge: Day 4 - Done

AM Gym Session
3 x 10 reps Inclined Push-ups as extra rehab exercises
Foundation Light program: Day 4 Tendon Strength - Done at Level III
Rehab Program (8 exercises)

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Day Seven: Monday 26/12/ 2022

1.05 km walk for coffee and to check out the beach weather at beautiful Mona Vale Beach. It was quite foggy to start with but the sun burnt through the cloud cover and turned into a beautiful day. So I ended up doing a 2.34km walk along the beach.

fitbitshare_1277411354[1].JPEG
Then a couple of hours splashing about with the kids, teaching my daughter to bodysurf. Until I got sunburnt to a crisp and now paying for it.

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Day Eight: Tuesday 27/12/2022
Back to work.

1 Minute Equal Breathing + "Cotton Candy Clouds" meditation session (9:25 minutes) - Done as Meditation 30-day challenge: Day 6 (catch-up)

AM Gym Session
Shoulder Rehab exercises (less the two that involve me lying on a foam roller. The sunburn is too uncomfortable for that.) (6 exercises)
Foundation Light program: Day Seven Strength - Done at Level III
3 x 10 reps Inclined Push-ups extra rehab exercises
Foundation Light Program: Day Eight Tendon Strength - Done at Level III
Backup & Restore workout + "Everything Calm" meditation session (5:02 minutes) - Done as Meditation 30-day Challenge: Day 7 (catch-up)

Last edited:

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Happy New Year
:fireworks:

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Happy New Year @Fremen and all the other Bees out there.

Writing off 2022
Day Nine: Wednesday 28/12/2022

"Calming Anxiety" (5:01 minutes) meditation session via FitBit as Meditation 30-day Challenge: Day 8.

AM Gym Session
Rehab Exercises (6 exercises - 2 foam roller exercises not done)
Foundation Light program: Day 9 - Done at Level III
3 x 10 Inclined Push-Ups as extra rehab exercises

Oh and my FitBit is dead. It didn't take too kindly to body surfing and died even though they are supposedly water resistent. This is the second Fitbit to die possibly from water. Sorry Fitbit but I'm thinking Strike Three and you're out. I will now look at Garmin products and hope they are more sturdier construction.

Day Ten: Thursday 29/1/2022
"Difficult Emotions" meditation session (8:03 minutes) via Fit On + OM Mantra - Done as Meditation 30-day Challenge: Day 9.

AM Gym Session
Foundation Light program: Day 10 - Done at Level III
3 x 10 Inclined Push-Ups as extra rehab exercises.
Rehab exercises (6 exercises)

Day Eleven: Friday 30/12/2022
"I am Enough" (3:48 minutes) meditation session via Fit On + "Daily Breath" (5:28 minutes) via Fit On + 1 Minute Equal Breathing as Meditation 30-day Challenge: Day 10

AM Gym Session
Foundation Light program: Day 11 - Done at Level III
3 x 10 inclined Push-Ups
Rehab exercises (6 exercises)

Day Twelve: Saturday 31/12/2022
Foundation Light program: Day 12 - Done at Level III
Backup & Restore workout + "Sweet Dreams Yoga Nidra" (12:10 minutes) meditation session - Done as Meditation 30-day Challenge: Day 11
"Deepest Sleep Ever" (14:00 minutes roughly) - Done as Meditation 30-Day Challenge: Day 12

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
As stated before Happy New Year everyone. I hope everyone achieves their fitness goals for 2023.

Day Thirteen: Sunday 1/1/2023
"Daily Affirmations" (10:33 minutes) via Fit On + OM Mantra - Done as Meditation 30-Day Challenge: Day 13
The Guardian 30-Day Challenge: Day 1 - Done + Optional Quest (50 Punches)
Foundation Light program: Day 14 - Done at Level III
4.10 km walk in 46:23 minutes to get coffee

PM
2.38 km walk in 40:28 to get groceries

By my records, today is the national days of Cuba, Haiti, Slovakia, Sudan and Taiwan. In honour of all these, I decided to go a little silly in the kitchen. I cooked Arroz Imperial (Imperial Rice) from Cuba, Griot from Haiti, Zemiakove Placky (Bramborák) from Slovakia, Baseema from Sudan and Rou Zao Fan (Braised Mince Pork) from Taiwan. Needless to say it didn't mix too well but overall were well received. Thank goodness I have a few days off to clean the kitchen and recover before the next national day!

It is also:
Apple Gifting Day, Bonza Bottler Day, Commitment Day, Copryright Law Day, Ellis Island Day, Euro Day, Global Family Day, International Public Domain Day, Mummer's Parade, National Bloody Mary Day, National First-Foot Day, National Hangover Day, National Shepherd Day, Polar Bear Plunge Day, Ring a Bell Day, Rose Bowl Game, Solemnity of Mary, Universal Hour of Peace, World Day of Peace, Z Day, Saint Basil's Day, Diet Resolution Week, National Silent Records Week, Celebration of Life Week, National Mentoring Month, National CBD Month, National Bath Safety Month, National Black Diamond Month, National Blood Donor Month, National Braille Literacy Month, National Hobby Month, National Hot Tea Month, National Oatmeal Month, National Slavery and Human Trafiicking Awareness Month, National Slo Cooking Month, National Soup Month, National Sunday Supper Month,

Looks like I missed a couple of national days, Restoration of the Czech Independence Day, Independence Day for Cameroon, so no offence to those citizens and it appears my list needed updating.

Last edited:

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Thank you @NancyTree , that sounds like a better option. FitBits seem to be okay, providing you don't do a lot of water related sport.

Day Fourteen: Monday 2/1/2023
Foundation Light program: Day 14 - Done at Level III
The Guardian 30-day Challenge: Day 2 - Done + Optional Quest (Nil work required)
"Cardio Meltdown" (23:00 minutes) via Fit On
1 Minute Equal Breathing + "Morning Mindfulness" (10:14 minutes) meditation via Fit On - Done as Meditation 30-day Challenge: Day 14

2.30 km walk to get the milk I forgot last night.

Today is Heroes' Day/Ancestor's Day (Haiti), Berchtold Day (Switzerland), Carnival Day (St Kitts & Nevis), National Science Fiction Day, National Personal Trainer Awareness Day, National Buffet Day, National Cream Puff Day, National Thank God It's Monday Day, 55 MPH Speed Limit Day, Ancestry Day, Happy Mew Year for Cats Day, National Erika Day, Motivation and Inspiration Day, National Pet Travel Safety Day, Run it up the Flagpole and See if Anyone Salutes Day, Swiss Cheese Day, World Introvert Day, Tournament of the Roses Parade, National Weigh-in Day,

NancyTree

Valkyrie from The Netherlands
I think Fitbit is more a smartwatch than a sports watch. My first watch was a Fitbit, I had 3 new ones (within the warranty) in the first year because of the same strap problem (and I didn'teven swim). Then chose to get my money back and made the switch to Garmin.

Funny that there's a Thank God It's Monday day 😅 I don't feel that way this morning

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Yes @NancyTree , it seems that way. I've heard good things about Garmins from my colleagues as well. It looks like its time to move on from FitBit. I did say when the last one broke that they got a second chance but this time it's strike three and they're out. Its now been over two weeks and I've had mine sitting in a container of rice so it should have fully dried out by now but it still seems dead.

I'm a little behind in my logging but still been active so I'll try and be brief.

Day Fifteen: Tuesday 3/1/2023
Posture 30-day challenge: Day 1 - Done (Formerly known as Office Friendly Posture)
The Guardian 30-day challenge: Day 3 - Done. No Optional Quest work required.
Exercise of the Day (1/1/2023): 50 Knee-to-Elbow - Done
Exercise of the Day (2/1/2023): 40 Cossack Squats - Done
Foundation Light program: Day 15 Strength - Done at Level III
Shoulder Rehab exercises - Done (6 exercises only)
Back to the Physio tonight. More additional strength exercises given to help rebuild the shoulder.
Backup & Restore workout + "I am Lovable" meditation session (8:16 minutes) via FitOn app - Done as Meditation 30-day challenge: Day 15

Day Sixteen: Wednesday 4/1/2023
"Visualise Calmness" meditation session (11:22 minutes) via FitOn app - Done as Meditation 30-day challenge: Day 16
Foundation Light program: Day 16 Tendon Strength - Done at Level III
Exercise of the Day (3/1/2023): 20 Raised Leg Push-Ups - Done albeit quite awkwardly due to my shoulder still not fully supportive of weight-bearing exercises
The Guardian 30-day challenge: Day 4 - Done. No Optional Quest work required.
Shoulder Rehab exercises - Done (Only 7 exercises now)
Posture 30-day challenge: Day 2 - Done
Workout of the Day (3/1/2023): Rawr - Done with Extra Credit
Extra Rehab Strength exercises - Done (7 exercises: Cable Chest Press, Standing Cable Row, Inclined Push-Ups, Biceps Curl with band, Row with band, Standing Cable Pull Down, Bent-Over Cable Pull Down)

Day Seventeen: Thursday 5/1/2023
The Guardian 30-day challenge: Day 5 - Done. No Optional Quest work required.
Exercise of the Day (4/1/2023) - 60 Toe Taps - Done
Extra Rehab Strength exercises - Done (3 exercises - Cable Chest Press, Standing Cable Row, Inclined Push-ups)
Foundation Light program: Day 17 Fast Paced Cardio - Done at Level III
Rehab Exercises - Done (7 exercises) - Done
Workout of the Day (4/1/2023): Action Hero - Done at Level III with Extra Credit
Posture 30-day challenge: Day 3 - Done
"Unclutter the Mind" meditation session (12:15 minutes) via FitOn app + OM Mantra - Done as Meditation 30-day challenge: Day 17

Day Eighteen: Friday 6/1/2023
The Guardian 30-day challenge: Day 6 - Done. No Optional Quest work required.
Exercise of the Day (5/1/23): 60 Seconds One Arm Plank - Done. I was expecting difficulty with the shoulder but static exercises appear to be less of an issue.
Posture 30-day challenge: Day 4 - Done
Extra Rehab Strength Exercises (6 exercises. All but the Standing Cable Row)
Foundation Light program: Day 18 Strength - Done at Level III
Workout of the Day (5/1/2023): Arms & Shoulders - Done at Level III with Extra Credit
Workout of the Day (1/1/2023): Winter is Here - Done with Extra Credit

Day Nineteen: Saturday 7/1/2023
1-Minute Equal Breathing + "Anytime Breath" meditation session (7:00 approx) minutes via FitOn app - Done as Meditation 30-day challenge: Day 18 (catch-up)
Exercise of the Day (6/1/2023): 2 Minutes Raised Leg Swings - Done
Foundation Light program: Day 19 Fast Paced Cardio - Done at Level III
Backup & Restore workout + "Feel Good Gratitude" (10:00 minutes approx) via FitOn app - Done as Meditation 30-day challenge: Day 19
The Guardian 30-day challenge: Day 7 - Done. No Optional Quest work required.
Posture 30-day challenge: Day 5 - Done
Workout of the Day (6/1/2023): Blacksmith - Done 1 set only. The shoulder didn't like the repetitive pressure of multiple push-ups. This workout has been flagged to be re-done when the shoulder is better (some months at this rate).

Day Twenty: Sunday 8/1/2023
The Guardian 30-day challenge: Day 8 - Done. No Optional Quest work required. I'm beginning to think I punched out all the goblins on the first day.
"Complete Relaxation" (8:51 minutes) via FitOn app - Done as Meditation 30-day challenge: Day 20
Foundation Light program: Day 20 Tendon Strength - Done at Level III
Workout of the Day (7/1/2023): Bloom - Done with Extra Credit and my daughter. She was keen to try some yoga.
Exercise of the Day (7/1/2023): 20 Hop Heel Clicks - Done.

Day Twenty-One: Monday 9/1/2023
Workout of the Day (8/1/2023): Abs on Fire - Done at Level III with Extra Credit.
Exercise of the Day (8/1/2023): 60 Side Leg Raises - Done
Foundation Light program: Day 21 Fast Paced Cardio - Done at Level III
The Guardian 30-day challenge: Day 9 - Done. No Optional Quest work required.
Posture 30-day challenge: Day 7 - Done
"Cotton Candy Clouds" (9:20 minutes) + "Bedtime Ritual" (6:22 minutes) meditation sessions + OM Mantra - Done at Meditation 30-day challenge: Day 21

and that will do it for now. More backcaptured work later

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Day Twenty-Two: Tuesday 10/1/2023
Water First Thing 30-day challenge: Day 1 - Done
1-Minute Equal Breathing + "Clarity Meditation" (10:01 minutes) + "Everything Calm" (5:01 minutes) both via FitOn app - Done as Meditation 30-day challenge: Day 22
Quick Warmup - Done
Foundation Light program: Day 22 Abs & Core - Done at Level III
Workout of the Day (9/1/2023): Bring it On - Done at Level III with Extra Credit
Posture 30-day challenge: Day 8 - Done
The Guardian 30-day challenge: Day 10 - Done + 100 punches for the Optional Quest
Rehab Exercises - Done (all 7 exercises)
Extra Rehab Strength Exercises - Done (all 7 exercises)
Exercise of the Day (10/1/2023): 3 Minutes Punches - Done. I took this one a little easier and made it through all 3 minutes with shoulder not complaining (too much).

Day Twenty-Three: Wednesday 11/1/2023
Water First Thing 30-day challenge: Day 2 - Done
The Prep workout - Done
The Guardian 30-day challenge: Day 11 - Done. No Optional Quest work required.
Extra Rehab Strength Exercises - Done (1 exercise only - 3 x 10 inclined Push-Ups)
Hybrid Routine 2.0: Wednesday Bridges & Twists - Done (2 x 15 Glute Bridges) + (2 x 15 Seconds Straight Leg Twist Hold)
Foundation Light program: Day 23 Strength - Done at Level III
Workout of the Day (10/1/2023): Equalizer - Done at Level I with Extra Credit. All those push-up and variations didn't help. After three sets my shoulder was in considerable discomfort. Another workout to go on the To-Do-Later pile.
Backup & Restore workout
Exercise of the Day (10/1/2023): 50 Climber Taps - Done but quite gingerly.
Rehab Exercises - Done (all 7 exercises)
"Deepest Sleep Ever" meditation session (14:10 minutes) via FitOn app - Done as Meditation 30-day challenge: Day 23

and finally

Day Twenty-Four: Thursday 12/1/2023
Water First Thing 30-day challenge: Day 3 - Done
"Anytime Breath" (7:10 minutes) meditation session
Quick Warmup - Done
Exercise of the Day (11/1/2023): 60 Seconds Side Plank Hold - Done. Right side took a few moments to find the least uncomfortable place to prop myself up on the damaged wing.
Extra Rehab Strength Exercises - Done (1 exercise only - 3 x 10 Inclined Push-Ups)
Foundation Light program: Day 24 Tendon Strength - Done at Level III
Posture 30-day challenge: Day 10 - Done
The Guardian 30-day challenge: Day 12 - Done + 100 punches for Optional Quest.
Workout of the Day (11/1/2023): Get to the Chopper - Done at Level III with Extra Credit. What a difference a new pair of running shoes makes!
Hybrid Routine 2.0: Thursday Push-Ups & Leg Raises - Done (2 x 30 Wall Push-Ups) + (2 x 10 Knee Raises)
Rehab Exercises - Done (1 exercise only - 1st set)
"Break from Stress" (8:06 minutes) meditation session via FitOn - Done as Meditation 30-day challenge: Day 24

Last edited:

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Happy Friday everyone,

Day Twenty-Five: Friday 13/1/2023
Water First Thing 30-day challenge: Day 4 - Done
AM Gym Session
The Guardian 30-day challenge: Day 13 - Done + 100 Punches as Optional Quest work
Quick Warmup - Done
Workout of the Day (12/1/2023): Clean Slate - Done at Level III with Extra Credit
Exercise of the Day (12/1/2023): 60 Back Leg Raises - Done
Foundation Light program: Day 25 Fast Paced Cardio - Done at Level III
Shoulder Rehab Extra Strength exercises - Done (All 7 exercises at 3 sets each)
Hybrid Routine 2.0: Friday Pull-Ups & Squats - Done (2 x 30 Wall Pull-Ups) + (2 x 15 Jackknife Squats)

Last edited:

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Day Twenty-Six: Saturday 14/1/2023
Water First Thing 30-day challenge: Day 5 - Done

My daughter's birthday so we went out for breakfast but that was cut short by me being called into work. The job was done by the time I arrived but stayed for the three hour recall for the $$ and actually got a bit done.

Home again and managed to still cook my daughter's favourite meal so I'm back in the good books.

The Guardian 30-day challenge: Day 14 - Done

More unrecorded running around but suffice to say I was busy.

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Day Twenty-Seven: Sunday 15/1/2023
Water First Thing 30-day challenge: Day 6 - Done
Foundation Light program: Day 26 - Done at Level III
"Kindness to all" meditation session (14:41 minutes) + 1-Minute Equal Breathing - Done for Meditation 30-day challenge: Day 25
Exercise of the Day (13/1/2023): 40 Side-to-side Jumps - Done
"Nameste" meditation session (13:03 minutes) + OM Mantra - Done for Meditation 30-day challenge: Day 26
Exercise of the Day (14/1/2023): 30 Leg Raises - Done
The Guardian 30-day challenge: Day 15 - Done

Lunch for my daughter's birthday and my Mother-in-Law. My son and I left the crowd and went off on our own. Very productive afternoon. I am now the proud owner of a Fitbit Aspire 2 despite my misgivings about owning another Fitbit. It was cheap at $74 and does everything the old one did but not as fancy. I cannot afford a Garmin yet so this is only a stop-gap measure.

Day Twenty-Eight: Monday 16/1/2023
Water First Thing 30-day challenge: Day 7 - Done
Workout of the Day (15/1/2023): Abs, Please - Done at Level III with Extra Credit
Foundation Light program: Day 28 - Done at Level III
Posture 30-day challenge: Day 14 - Done
The Guardian 30-day challenge: Day 16 - Done
Backup & Restore workout + "Stress Release" meditation session (13:47) via FitOn app - Done as Meditation 30-day challenge: Day 27
1.39km walk to physio
Good shoulder workout at physio plus icing and massage
1.41km walk back from physio.

Day Twenty-Nine: Tuesday 17/1/2023
Water First Thing 30-day challenge: Day 8 - Done
Posture 30-day challenge: Day 15 - Done
(Supposed) annual requalification training day. Scraped through but my failing eyesight may be an issue in the future. But a physical day none-the-less.

Day Thirty: Wedneday 18/1/2023 (re-badge again)
Water First Thing 30-day challenge: Day 9 - Done
AM Gym Session
The Guardian 30-day challenge: Day 17 - Done
Power Grip 30-day challenge: Day 1 - Done
Foundation Light program: Day 29 - Done at Level III
Exercise of the Day (16/1/2023): 2 Minutes Jumping Jacks - Done
Hybrid Routine 2.0 Tuesday: Pull-Ups & Squats (Pull-Ups Stage 1: Wall Pull-Ups Level II 2 x 50 Wall Pull-Ups) + (Squats Stage 1: Jacknife Squats Level II 2 x 25 Jacknife Squats)
Workout of the Day (16/1/2023): I Just Need to be Faster Than You - Done 1 set only - had my gym session cut short due to work committments.

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Belated thanks to @JCU and @NancyTree .

Now lets see where was I up to?
Oh that's right.

Day Thirty-One: Thursday 19/1/2023
Water First Thing 30-day challenge: Day 10 - Done
Another supposed annual training day. This one was physical so I got to test out my shoulder and it survived. My training partner did take it easier on me knowing that it wasn't 100% yet.

PM home activity
Posture 30-day challenge: Day 16 - Done
Foundation Light program: Day 30 - Done at Level III and program complete (yet again)
The Guardian 30-day challenge: Day 18 - Done + 200 Punches because of the Optional Quest.
Power Grip 30-day challenge: Day 2 - Done
Posture 30-day challenge: Day 17 - Done
Extra Shoulder Rehab Strength exercise: Standing Cable Row (15kg x 5 sets x 10 reps) & Cable Chest Press (15kg x 3 sets x 10 reps)
Baseline program: Day 1 - Done at Level III

Day Thirty-Two: Friday 20/1/2023
AM Gym Session:
The Guardian 30-day challenge: Day 19 - Done + 50 Punches thanks to the Optional Quest
Exercise of the Day (19/1/2023): 40 Lunge Step-Ups - Done
Posture 30-day challenge: Day 18 - Done
Exercise of the Day (18/1/2023): 40 Elbow Plank Arm Raises - Done
Extra Shoulder Rehab Strength exercises (7 exercises) - Done
Workout of the Day (19/1/2023): Princess to the Rescue - Done at Level III + Extra Credit
Exercise of the Day (17/1/2023): 50 Squats - Done
Hybrid Routine 2.0 Thursday exercises: Push-Ups & Leg Raises - Done at Stage 1 & Level II
Workout of the Day (17/1/2023): Maverick - Done at Level III + Extra Credit
Power Grip 30-day challenge: Day 4 - Done

Then worked got busy and I went out to assist a colleague at a job.

PM Home activity:
"Power Nap" (17:18 minutes) meditation session done as Meditation 30-day challenge: Day 28
Baseline program: Day 2 - Done at Level III
The Guardian 30-day challenge: Day 20 - Done+ 200 Punches as Optional Quest.

and now a week off. It's my turn to have my Christmas break, albeit a little late.

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Day Thirty-Three: Saturday 21/1/2023
Water First Thing 30-day challenge: Day 11 - Done. Yes I forgot yesterday. I don't know how because the cup is right there?
1.06 km walk in 15:41 minutes to the shops.
The Guardian 30-day challenge: Day 21 - Done but no Optional Quest duties
Baseline program: Day 3 - Done at Level III
Exercise of the Day (20/1/2023): 2 Minutes Arm Scissors - Done
Power Grip 30-day challenge: Day 5 _ Done
Workout of the Day (20/1/2023): Protagonist - Done at Level III + Extra Credit
Workout of the Day (18/1/2023): No Wrong Answers - Done at Level III + Extra Credit

Day Thirty-Four: Sunday 22/1/2023
Water First Thing 30-day challenge: Day 12 - Done
The Guardian 30-day challenge: Day 22 - Done but no Optional Quest work
Posture 30-day challenge: Day 20 - Done
Baseline program: Day 4 - Done at Level III
Exercise of the Day (21/1/2023): 20 Push-Up Shoulder Taps - Done
Gamer workout - Done
"Body Scan" (16:22) minutes meditation session - Done as Meditation 30-day challenge: Day 29
"Get Fit with Rick" Warm-up - Done
Power Grip 30-day challenge: Day 6 - Done

Day Thirty-Five: Monday 23/1/2023
Water First Thing 30-day challenge: Day 13
"Get Fit with Rick" Warm-up - Done
Posture 30-day challenge: day 21 - Done
Power Grip 30-day challenge: Day 7 - Done
Exercise of the Day (22/1/2023): 1 Minute Elbow Plank Hold
The Guardian 30-day challenge: Day 23 - Done but no Optional Quest work required.
Baseline program: Day 5 - Done at Level IIII

Day Thirty-Six: Tuesday 24/1/2023
Water First Thing 30-day challenge: Day 14 - Done
Exercise of the Day (23/1/2023): 40 W-Extensions - Done
Power grip 30-day challenge: Day 8 - Done
Upperbody Light 30-day challenge: Day 1 - Done
The Guardian 30-day challenge: Day 24 - Done again with no Optional Quest work
Posture 30-day challenge: Day 22 - Done
Baseline program: Day 6 - Done at Level III
Workout of the Day (23/1/2023): Open World - Done at Level III
and because I was really pumped up
Les Mills Body Combat Release 80 via FitBit Premium App
Get Fit with Rick "Fat Burn" 1600 steps
Get Fit with Rick "80's Rock" 2300 steps
Les Mills Body Attack via Fitbit Premium app.
and now to take it easy as I have a platelet donation.

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Thank you @TopNotch ,@JCU and @NancyTree .

Day Thirty-Seven: Wednesday 25/1/2023
Water First Thing 30-day challenge: Day 15 - Done
The Guardian 30-day challenge: Day 25 - Done with no Optional Quest work required
Power Grip 30-day challenge: Day 9 - Done
Upperbody Light 30-day challenge: Day 2 - Done
Exercise of the Day (24/1/2023): 40 Butterfly Sit-Ups - Done
Posture 30-day challenge: Day 23 - Done AM part
Get Fit with Rick "Warm Up" - Done
Get Fit with Rick "80's Classics" 1700 steps
Les Mills Body Combat Beginner #2 via Fitbit Premium app
Get Fit with Rick "Cool Down"

Day Thirty-Eight: Thursday 26/1/2023 Australia Day
Water First Thing 30-day challenge: Day 16 - Done
The Guardian 30-day challenge: Day 26 - Done with no Optional Quest work needed
Upperbody Light 30-day challenge: Day 3 - Done
Power Grip 30-day challenge: Day 12 - Done
Posture 30-day challenge: Day 23 - Done PM part
Posture 30-day challenge: Day 24 - Done
Exercise of the Day (25/1/2023): 40 Hook Kicks - Done
Baseline program: Day 8 - Done at Level III
1.77 km walk in 24:51 minutes

Day Thirty-Nine: Friday 27/1/2023
Water First Thing 30-day challenge: Day 17 - Done
Exercise of the Day (26/1/2023): 40 Clamshells - Done
Posture 30-day challege: Day 5 - Done AM part
Power Grip 30-day challenge: Day 11 - Done
Upperbody Light 30-day challenge: Day 4 - Done
Workout of the Day (26/1/2023): Express Abs - Done with Extra Credit
Baseline program: Day 9 - Done
1.56km walk in 17:25 minutes to Optometrist and Physio. The good news is that my shoulder is almost back to normal. I can start doing weights again but only 50/50 meaning 50% normal weight loading and 50% of the range of motion. But it is a start and I'm excited and optimistic.
1.03 km walk back home

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Congrats :worried:

Reactions: JCU

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Thanks @Fremen .

Continuing on with my backcapture.

Day Forty: Saturday 28/1/2023
Water First Thing 30-day challenge: Day 18
Posture 30-day challenge: Day 25 - Done PM part
The Guardian 30-day challenge: Day 28 - Done with no Optional Quest work needed
Upperbody Light 30-day challenge: Day 5 - Done
Power Grip 30-day challenge: Day 12 - Done
Baseline program: Day 10 - Done at Level III
Posture 30-day challenge: Day 26 - Done
2.45km walk in 34:00 minutes
Get Fit with Rick "Warm Up" - Done
Les Mills Body Combat release #82 - Done
2.54 km walk in 54:00 minutes (shopping)

Day Forty-One: Sunday 29/1/2023
Water First Thing 30-day challenge: Day 19
Posture 30-challenge: Day 27 - Done
Upperbody Light 30-day challenge: Day 6 - Done
Big clean-up at home so no time for structured exercise but plenty of movement.

Day Forty-Two: Monday 30/1/2023
Water First Thing 30-day challenge: Day 20
Long day out in the field with work but successful except for the sunburn part
PM activity
Posture 30-day challenge: Day 27 - Done PM part
Power Grip 30-day challenge: Day 13 - Done
Upperbody Light 30-day challenge: Day 7 - Done
"Healing Sleep" meditation session (22:00) minutes via FitOn app as Meditation 30-day challenge: Day 30 - Done and challenge completed, just not quite in 30 days.

Day Forty-Three: Tuesday 31/1/2023
Water First Thing 30-day challenge: Day 21 - Done
Easy Core 30-day challenge: Day 1 - Done
AM Gym Session
The Guardian 30-day challenge: Day 30 - Done with no Optional Quest work required. And Challenge completed.
Quick Warmup - Done
Posture 30-day challenge: Day 28 - Done
Baseline program: Day 11 - Done at Level III
Power Grip 30-day challenge: Day 14 - Done
Arnold's Blueprint: Arms Workout - Done at only 50/50 as advised by my Physiotherapist.
Posture 30-day challenge: Day 30 - Done
Power Grip 30-day challenge: Day 15 - Done
Upperbody Light 30-day challenge: Day 8 - Done
PM
Posture 30-day challenge: Day 29 - Done and challenge completed albeit slightly out of order

Day Forty-Four: Wednesday 1/2/2023
Water First Thing 30-day challenge: Day 22 - Done
AM Gym Session
Quick Warmup - Done
Power Grip 30-day challenge: Day 16 - Done
Warrior Abs 30-day challenge: Day 1 - Done + Optional Quest: Path of the Bow - Done
Easy Core 30-day challenge: Day 2 - Done
Upperbody Light 30-day challenge: Day 9 - Done
Exercise of the Day (31/1/2023): 60 Side Kicks - Done
Cardio - Rowing: 5km in 20:52.1 minutes which places me in 8th place on the work leaderboard
PM activity
Hybrid Routine 2.0 Wednesday
Bridges Stage 1: Glute Bridges Level 2 - 2 sets of 30 - Done
Twists Stage 1: Straight Leg Twists Level 2 - 3 sets of 30 seconds - Done