Every Day is a New Day

Slyndra

Fae from Michigan
And so it begins. I just found this site and love it already. Some background-I've been running off and on for more than 15 years now. I feel like it's good for both my mental and physical health. I'm a better person when I do it. However, I'm a slower runner and never really focused on trying to get better. I mostly do it to clear my head. However, I've decided that as I head into this summer, I'd like to add in some strength training and mix up my workouts and see if I can improve. I've always been a decent athlete (though I didn't take up running until after high school) and this feels like the year to see what I'm actually capable of. On the books thus far this year are two half marathons, one at the end of June and one in September. I'm flirting with the idea of possibly doing a full later this year or sometime early next year.

Todays activities:

-EotD
-Day 1 Lower Ab Challenge (I'll probably overlap for a few days next month so I can start them on the first of the month.)
-2 mile walk (40 days in a row of walking/running at least 2 miles a day)

Slyndra

Fae from Michigan
Thanks all! @Tileenah I've run at least 4 half marathons. I feel like there's a fifth one in there but can't for the life of me remember what it was. I've also done one full but it wasn't great as I was dealing with some knee issues.

Today's activities:

-EotD (I hate planks. Probably because I'm a wimp.)
-Day 2 Lower Ab Challenge
-4 easy miles (41 day streak)

Slyndra

Fae from Michigan
Friday's Activities:

-EotD
- Day 3 Lower Ab Challenge
-5 Mile Run (42 day streak)

Today's Activities:
-EotD
- Day 4 Lower Ab Challenge
-2 Mile Walk (43 day steak)

Worked last night and working the next 3. These stretches always feel like a marathon. Always short on sleep and time. It's rough but I've got this. 🥱😴

Slyndra

Fae from Michigan
Monday:
-EotD
-Day 6 Lower Ab Challenge
-3 miles (45 day streak). My schedule called for 4 but I was beat.

Tuesday:
-2 miles (46 day streak). Just enough to keep it going. I was exhausted an it was all I could muster just to do that much.

Today:
-4 miles (47 day streak). Got some sleep last night and not feeling too bad. Just busy today so running low on time.

Slyndra

Fae from Michigan
I think being busy the past 2 days has messed me up a little. I feel like I'm really struggling to make the switch back to a daytime schedule this time around. I usually don't struggle with this. I got decent sleep last night but still napped most of the morning and still feeling weirdly tired tonight. I'm hopeful that tomorrow I'll be back to good though.

Today's Activities:
-EotD
-Day 7 Lower Ab Challenge
-2 mile walk (48 day streak)

Slyndra

Fae from Michigan
So, I was a bit slammed last week and then we went on vacation for a few days. No excuse really for this not keeping up this week but here's an update. I kept my 2 mile a day streak. My long run last week was 8 miles. It felt better than I thought it would. I did slack off on the exercise of the day challenges and and the lower ab challenge. I thought about doubling up days on the ab challenge but I think I'm going to restart it entirely. A 30 day challenge should be a 30 day challenge. Am I right? :LOL:

Anyway, did 2.5 casual miles around town after having lunch with a friend I haven't seen in a while. Hoping for a long run tomorrow.