Fighting now for a better tomorrow

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pronouns: You there
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
Heya sorry to hear about the insomnia. I know this might be a little difficult but have your tried no screens 1hour before bed. Also what is your caffeine intake?
I tried everything. And I stopped drinking caffeine after 11am. I can fall asleep at almost any point during the day but night time is very difficult.

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
Happy May the Fourth be with you to all those celebrating, even while stuck at work.

512x288-Q90_6981075151a539c9680735090111605c.jpg

Last edited:

Matan

Alchemist Posts: 728
Dd98ACJVAAEo4QP.jpg:large

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
I am close to breaking.
We have an inspection today so most of the managers are busy and not in the office...

Someone mentioned an article about a rape victim that passed away yesterday at 49 y.o. it was a huge case at the time because she was gang raped at 14 by a bunch of other teenagers for several days but in the initial trial the judge said there were no clear evidence of rape so the rapists were set free. After a public uproar and an appeal by the state prosecution, in a re-trail, when they were all legally adults, they were sent to 12 -15 months to jail.
The new judge who also became the Supreme judge, couldn't give them more serious sentences because of time passed and no new evidence were found and... bunch of other things. He did however gave a detailed reasoning for giving them a guilty verdict and it became a precedent in making rape verdicts more strict.
Why is this important? Because the "inteligent" ass hole of the office bunch, took this opportunity to say that this is why we have to have a judicial reform (which is not a reform, it's a take over by the government over the judicial system). Never mind that thanks to the court, not the government, rapists are given slightly harder jail times, never mind that his precious government are part of the elite he's complaining about and they rejected electronic tracking for violent husbands...
His hypocrisy and theirs, they don't care about people, about woman or girls they're just abusing victims of violent behavior to advance their anti democratic "reform". I am so close to punch the lights out of that fucking ass hole.

Last edited:

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Thanks guys. I got over it pretty quickly, I wrote it in the thread instead of getting dragged into a useless argument and things got quiet - he didn't have the usual gang to back him up so with no one saying anything in response (no one to feed to troll) he shuted up.

I have been exercising on and off for the past few days. Tonight was a short warm up followed by
Rabbit hole - barely 3 sets but I did it. I haven't notice it was a level 4 workout until it was too late.
This is how I cope - 7 sets. Max heart rate was 189 according to smartwatch.
Staying in - it went fine until the other side, on my right leg. I tried the 3rd pose because it went okay on my left leg. I gave up after half a second and went on to the other poses but my right knee feels a little weird. I hope it won't get worse.

I've decided not to try any programs for the near future and just pick up workouts that feel right each day.

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Waiting for some rockets so after I got back I just took care of Chelsea's stuff and caught up with some sleep. Prepared her carrying box and an emergency bag. Waited nervously for a bit and started playing with her. Did Combat light for 5 sets... now I'll try to fall asleep again.

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Thanks everyone. I shared all your hugs with Chelsea (who is the only reason I'm nervous).

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Fell asleep before midnight and woke up naturally at 6.30 I forgot to even set my alarm.
Did Wake Up and Make it Happen
Screenshot_20230511-073001_Chrome.jpg

and if the situation will allow it, I'll do Kanary tonight 🕯
Screenshot_20230511-124208_Chrome.jpg

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Finally did KANARY . I didn't want to on Thursday because there warning that rockets will be launched at 21. but that can happen before, after.. they launce at 21. I had 1 siren where I live. I couldn't get Chelsea into her box so I carried her to the staircase. The neighbors dog Nike was there, not on a leash and was very interested in her. She just froze on my shoulder. It was fine.

Anyway,
Tonight was Mission possible for warm up (that took so long, even without 30 seconds breaks)
and Kanary 7 sets. May her memory be a blessing.

Last edited:

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Weird day today. I felt overconfident at work, like I knew what I was doing and what I'm talking about.
Workouts:

morning was Morning mobility.

just finished One minute which I did two sets of and a 5 minutes mobility workout in-between,
Shield on level 1 - that was so tough. Maybe because I didn't eat well enough today (tofu salad at lunch and 3 cookies in the afternoon...) combined with the fact that I'm out of shape and about 18Kg more than my average weight two years ago.
The Comeback also on level 1 - I was drained by the time I got to it.

We have a planned department evening out after work tomorrow so I won't have time for a workout. Luckily the place they picked is only a 15 minutes walk from where I live.
It's an "Irish pub"

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
We didn't go to an Irish pub in the end. There was a planned football screening so after a few last minutes changes, we went someplace else, even closer to where I live.
I was back at a quarter to 22 that night but it threw me off for the rest of week. I caught up on sleep during the weekend... I basically slept for all of Friday and half of Saturday.

I woke up this morning and did 5 sets of Captain and just finished day 1 of Hard Reset strength... I don't know if I can keep this up but cardio in the morning, strength at the evening is definitely a good idea.

I "found" a brilliant "new" song so enjoy

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
It is the Evening of Shavuot so we're only working a 5 hours day. Most people decided to take the day off

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
I have been neglecting Chelsea, so it seems, in Chelsea's opinion. Apparently we don't play together enough so when I got back home yesterday she was silent but kept close to me. I tried getting her engaged in play and that alone took half an hour. After she found her good mood again we played for another half hour.
I did day 2 of Hard Reset Strength and day 3 of Zen after doing 2 sets of 1 Minute Workout and 5 sets of Slayer that morning.

Then, she woke me up at 4am because she was bored... I couldn't fall asleep again until 5... when my alarm went off. I turned it off and went back to sleep. Hopefully I won't be too tired to do a serious workout tonight.
I did miss my bus so had to walk 5 minutes longer than usual so that's a bit of something. My smartwatch wasn't impressed by the effort though.

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Stiff neck,
Added de-stress and lower abs challenges
I don't like my job
Staying still on the bed because of neck and heatwave
Screenshot_20230602-140709_Weather.jpg

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Thank you for the vibes everyone. Neck is still sore but much better.
People at work are mostly ENTJ's and not in a good way. ENTJ's can be a positive force but people just judge and judge and judge.

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Oh that judginess at work ... One may judge a coworker less efficient, less expert - let's face it, we are not in a carebear world ; but when you see people wrinkling their nose at 90% of the workplace (and spitting at some), sorry but I judge (yep!) those people as overproud people who don't help teamwork a iota.

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Oh that judginess at work ... One may judge a coworker less efficient, less expert - let's face it, we are not in a carebear world ; but when you see people wrinkling their nose at 90% of the workplace (and spitting at some), sorry but I judge (yep!) those people as overproud people who don't help teamwork a iota.
Actually it's not about work... it's about how people dress, what they say, what their sexual preferences may be (they've concluded that some are definitely lying to themselves...), not anything helpful or anything they might have a right to critisiz.

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
I have so far done 7 days of de-stress, 7 days of lower abs challenge, 5 days of Zen and today, a lot of walking, 6.5 km. But, I also ate cake (dark, dark chocolate cake 🤤) and had a bit of whisky
Our project manager brought bottles from his cabinet because we were saying goodbye to someone who has worked in the company for 25 years and was laid off a month ago...

It is so hot but looks like winter
20230608_184322.jpg

Now I'm off to enjoy the weekend.

Last edited: