696 Days

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
"Theres no easy way out. Theres no shortcut home"
Saturday 09.24.2022
1. Boxing: 20 minutes of speedbag/heavy bag (punching, kicking, strikes (knee, elbow, palm), back fist combos:
3. YWB: Gentle Yoga in Bed! | 30 Day Yoga Challenge | Day 24
3. 9 mile walk outside. 2 hours and 45 minutes.

❤️Boxing: I felt like this was a bit sloppy.
❤️Walk: 9 super sunny miles at the Ponds. Wildlife spotted: waterfowl and sheep.

Notes: Not sure why, but the walk kicked our asses. It was nice to get back the Ponds nonetheless.

TakingBabyStepsBack

"Keep fighting. Fortune will favor the patient and persistent."
Yikes. :( That has to be hard to deal with at the very least. I hope that both of them feel better soon.

If it helps you feel any better, after I injured myself in an act of stupidity I could barely move without pain for several months. The experience was like living a nightmare.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Sunday 09.25 2022
1. Boxing: 20 minutes of speedbag/heavy bag (punching, kicking, strikes (knee, elbow, palm), back fist combos:
2. YWB: Gentle Yoga in Bed! | 30 Day Yoga Challenge | Day 24
3. March step variations: 5 min (5 times throughout the day during football).
4. 2.5 mile walk outside. 43 minutes

❤Boxing: Less sloppy than yesterday.

Notes: Football Sunday. I watched a few upsets. The Broncos played in the night game. They won an ugly game. An ugly win is still a win.

TakingBabyStepsBack

Dolphins-Bills was even uglier. I don't know if you watch the Monday Night Countdown segment "C'Mon Man!" (I do on YouTube the morning after), but that particular game made it into the segment twice (Hint: That's not a good thing for a self-respecting tackle football player.)

I'm glad you did some boxing on the bags. That can be a good way to let frustration out. :)

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Monday 09.26.2022
1. Hard Reset Cardio Day 5 (20 minutes of run/walk intervals on the treadmill).
2. Moving Mango: Day 5: Delphinium | STRENGTH with weights ‐ 21 Days of Bloom - Pilates to plant Trust.
3. YWA: Day 25 - Release | A 30 Day Yoga Journey
4. 4 mile walk outside. 1 hour and 12 minutes.

❤️HRC/Intervals: Dist = 1.55 mi, AHR = 163 , Rating = 5.5. I didn't push it as hard but it felt a little better.
❤️MM: She used a light weight but it wasn't that hard
❤️YWA: She did that crazy thing with the short sharp exhales, which I find creepy. But, I also got some pigeon time, which was nice.

Notes: Better intervals, very warm walk. For the second time in 2 days I had a nosebleed. Last night's happened after I blew my nose. Today's happened randomly (although I sneezed earlier. It was annoying and gross but at least it didn't last long. I did have to change and clean the cute shirt I was wearing. I could've kept it on and if anyone said anything I would've said "you should see the other guy!". Now I just sound like a weirdo.😼

TakingBabyStepsBack

That was also the game where the Bills' OC smashed his tablet after the final gun sounded, which also made the segment. I found hilarious as heck.

Sorry about the nosebleed (how annoying is that?), but it sounds to me like it was a good day for activity otherwise. :vibes:

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Tuesday 09.27.2022
1. Hard Reset Cardio Day 6 (Get Fit With Rick: Low Impact Cardio| Body Combat Walking Workout| Daily Workout)
2. Heather Robertson Day 16: BACK + TRICEPS Workout
3. WYB: 10 Minute Morning Yoga Full Body Stretch For Stress Relief
4. 4 mile walk outside. 1 hour and 10 minutes.

❤️HRC/GFWR: This was fun but not as fun as the 80's rock workout.
❤️HR: This was tiring.
❤️YWB: Mostly chill...

Notes: Not my favorite day but I did all my planned workouts and we walked fast.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Wednesday 09.28.2022
1. Hard Reset Cardio Day 7: Active rest of march steps with high knees. No rest with abs.
2. Heather Robertson Day 17: 30 Minute CARDIO WORKOUT
3. Lottie Murphy: Energizing Total Body Pilates
4. WYA: Day 26 - Love | MOVE - A 30 Day Yoga Journey
5. 4 mile walk outside. 1 hour and 11 minutes.

❤️HRC: High Knees always get me breathing hard. No problems with abs.
❤️HR: These workouts aren't technically difficult but they always leave me beat.
❤LM: Different than the other instructors I've done. I struggled in the beginning because my legs were tired.
❤️YWA: I did one pose I've never done before (probably not well) and spent a lot time on downward dog.

Notes: My mom is doing well so she was surprised and pissed when she tested positive. My dad is still hanging in there.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Thursday 09.29.2022
1. Hard Reset Cardio Day 8: Level 3, no rest.
2. Boxing: 35 minutes of speedbag/heavy bag (punching, kicking, strikes (knee, elbow, palm), back fist combos.
3. SBY: 15 minute Relaxing Yoga Stretches to UNWIND After Work
4. 4 mile walk outside. 1 hour and 11 minutes.

❤️HRC: Elbow/knee strikes on the heavy bag. Easy but I kept catching my left elbow on the seam of the bag.
❤️Boxing: This was hard today. I felt out of sync at times. Round kicks sucked because my lower back was a little sore.
❤️SBY: Mostly chill except for reverse table top (done twice) and downward dog (done once).

Notes: Today...ugh. Very tired and I had issues at work with my computer. My dad wasn't feeling to well either. 😕

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Friday 09.30.2022
1. 6 mile walk outside. 1 hour and 45 minutes.
2. Moving Mango: Day 6: Freesia | CALMING FULL BODY PILATES ‐ 21 Days of Bloom - Pilates to plant Trust.
3. YWB: Restorative Yoga For Anxiety

❤Walk: Cool, breezy and showery.
❤️MM: Some tendon work tonight. Not calming. 😑
❤️YWB: This would've been more relaxing if my nose wasn't stuffy.

Notes: All week long was planning on making today my second run/walk interval day. When I woke up I changed my mind. I was really tired and decided on an active rest day. Work was stupid since I still had network issues and my dad felt so shitty he had get off the phone.

In other news, I was excited about the 2 challenges. Instead of doing the kicks on the heavy bag, I will do air kicks to work on form. As far as push-ups are concerned, I can barely make my way to the bathroom first thing in the morning to empty my full bladder and put drops in my dry eyes...so push-ups are out of the question. My goal is to finish them by noon. This WILL be a challenge for me.

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
❤️YWA: She did that crazy thing with the short sharp exhales, which I find creepy.
Kapalabhati (Skull Shining Breath) a.k.a. Breath of Fire?

I'm not a fan of that one either. Most of the purported benefits of Breath of Fire are not supported by science. The few that are can be better achieved through other means, in my opinion.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Saturday 10.01.2022
1. First Thing Push Ups Challenge Day 1: 10 push-ups in total: Not in 1 go (standard), before breakfast, largest set = 4.
2. Boxing: 20 minutes of speedbag/heavy bag (punching, kicking, strikes (knee, elbow, palm), back fist combos:
4. Daily Kicks Challenge Day 1: 22 side kicks, 30 seconds rest, 3 sets in total: Active rest of march steps between sets.
5. 8+ mile walk outside. 2 hours and 22 minutes.

❤️FTPUC: It felt good to get back to push-ups again
❤️Boxing: I'm glad I did an active rest day yesterday. This was the best boxing session I've had in a while. 🥊🔥
❤️DKC: Focused on my balance (which sucks) and kicking the leg out properly. Side kicks were never my favorite.
❤️Walk: Split into walks because of a thunderstorm. GPS Totalled 8.24 miles...walk was probably a little less.

Notes: I think the active rest really benefitted my boxing.

TakingBabyStepsBack

I'm sorry about the computer issues at work. Those can be the worst. At my retail job I have "earned" the nickname of Techenezer Scrooge because I have enough trouble with my register -- even though I know how to work it -- that I usually say "Bah, humbug!" about it a lot. (beats cursing, I suppose)

Wow, that's quite the walk yesterday (as of the time I am typing this)! I think my longest might have been in the neighborhood of 3 miles, split or not. And I'm glad the boxing session went well!

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Thanks @TakingBabyStepsBack 😊
And the computer crap is sooo stupid. I can't get to certain areas on the network...ugh.

Onto to more fun things...our longest walk/hike was well over 15 miles in the foothills a few years ago (my fault, I read the trail map wrong). We were racing down the foothills (trying not to trip over large rocks) because it was getting dark and we were mountain lion/ bear country.🦁🐻

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Sunday 10.02.2020
1. First Thing Push Ups Challenge Day 2: 20 push-ups in total: Not in 1 go (standard), before breakfast, largest set = 5
2. Boxing: 20 minutes of speedbag/heavy bag (punching, kicking, strikes (knee, elbow, palm), back fist combos:
4. Daily Kicks Challenge Day 1: 22 turning kicks, 30 seconds rest, 3 sets in total: Active rest of march steps between sets.
5. March step variations: 5 min (5 times throughout the day during football)
6. 1.3 mile walk outside. 23 minutes

❤️FTPUC: The last push-up was really a struggle.
❤️Boxing: This was just ok.
❤️DKC: This felt awkward today.

Notes: I was tired and crabby today. Sleep was poor last night...we went to bed too late and I had too much caffeine too late in the day. Plus, our mattress sucks. The Broncos lost to the 0-3 Raiders. My dad still has COVID (tested positive) and had a shitty day Saturday.

Last edited: