Further up and further in!

brandonjohnson

Knight from Pensacola, FL
"Further up and further in!"
Nice to be here in the new Hive!

As an update for all my Bees out there, I've been trying to go through Hero's Journey although I've been on pause for the past couple of months due to crazy home life. I did manage to finish the Burpees challenge yesterday, which felt kind of nice.

I'm on day 21 of the program, hopefully I'll be able to pick that up soon. I really miss working out, being a dad & the breadwinner of the house takes up pretty much all of my time & it's hard trying to carve out even a tiny pocket for myself. Maybe my wife & I can start working out again in the near future... In the meantime, I'm still walking the dog most mornings, so I do get some kind of physical activity.

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates"
I’m a father of 2 and know the struggle :) Keep it up brother! 👊

brandonjohnson

Negative Pullups Challenge Day 2
Dead Hang Challenge Day 2

I forgot just how weak my back & grip strength are, but that's exactly why I'm circling back to these! Figured working on the foundational pieces would help me move into doing more & better pullups. May revisit the Chair Rows Challenge as well, since I've done that a couple times. Also need to resume my Hero's Journey. Lots of goals, less time to achieve them in, but we'll make it!

brandonjohnson

Also, I've continued to track my walks since September 2020 using a fun "Walk to Mordor" app that tracks your progress through The Lord of the Rings. This month, I contributed 41 miles to the journey.

That makes a total of 415.5 miles for the year! Only 3 months to go, would love to do more than 500 miles total by the end of the year.

AfterBurn

Warrior Monk from Lukedonia
"The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools. ---Thucydides"
Nice to be here in the new Hive!

As an update for all my Bees out there, I've been trying to go through Hero's Journey although I've been on pause for the past couple of months due to crazy home life. I did manage to finish the Burpees challenge yesterday, which felt kind of nice.

I'm on day 21 of the program, hopefully I'll be able to pick that up soon. I really miss working out, being a dad & the breadwinner of the house takes up pretty much all of my time & it's hard trying to carve out even a tiny pocket for myself. Maybe my wife & I can start working out again in the near future... In the meantime, I'm still walking the dog most mornings, so I do get some kind of physical activity.

Hi! I just started Hero's Journey, so I'll be following in your footsteps! On another note, I can appreciate your Narnia references. I chose Middle Earth for mine.

brandonjohnson

Also, I've continued to track my walks since September 2020 using a fun "Walk to Mordor" app that tracks your progress through The Lord of the Rings. This month, I contributed 46.5 miles to the journey.

That makes a total of 462 miles for the year! Only 2 months to go, would love to do more than 500 miles total by the end of the year.

brandonjohnson

Also, I've continued to track my walks since September 2020 using a fun "Walk to Mordor" app that tracks your progress through The Lord of the Rings. This month, I contributed 39 miles to the journey.

That makes a total of 501 miles for the year!

Last edited: