:v: 60 Days of Walking Day 47

Challenges:
:v: One-Minute Meditation Day 10
:v: Daily Push-ups Day 1
:v: Lower Abs Day 17 = -1
:v: Destress Day 1

:v: Writing
:v: Reading

It's funny. I had been going to leave on Sunday then something happened and I wasn't going to leave at all. Things changed again and I could leave but no longer on Sunday because I wasn't ready. On Monday, my car announced that it needed a service, and the earliest I could get was for today, so that's done and my car's even nice and clean except for inside the front windscreen which I'll have to do myself first thing tomorrow. :onfire: Anyway, getting things all ready for departure tomorrow, and the container of my earbuds decided to break so I can't charge those puppies anymore. Had to go out and get new earbuds. Now, imagine that these things happened exactly as they did but I had left on Sunday. The car would have been chiming every time I turned it on and stressing me with its demands, and I would have had to find somewhere to get new earbuds once I arrived at my final destination tomorrow (because the trip's going to take four days, I think). Glad it all happened before I left. The only thing is that I need new tyres pretty much immediately, but I'm not driving on the canvas yet so they'll just have to do! The car's packed apart from the little esky with food, and my backpack with electronics.

(As I'll be away for a bit, I won't be able to send any cat photos so I'll send a surfeit today to tide you all over!)
I had to move a tallboy out of the way today, so of course I removed the drawers first and had to replace them once I'd shifted the carcass. It wasn't easy.
20230517_201629.jpg

I was rolling up my boxing wraps and when I moved my focus away from my hands, this is what met my eyes:
20230517_201714.jpg
I am obviously wonderfully interesting to them... Or the boxing wraps are...

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
Programme:
:v: 60 Days of Walking Day 48 - not all in one go today because of so much driving.

Challenges:
:v: One-Minute Meditation Day 11
:v: Daily Push-ups Day 2
:v: Lower Abs Day 18
:v: Destress Day 2

Managed to get another quick walk in after I'd pitched my tent and before the light faded.

20230518_191450.jpg

20230518_191416.jpg

20230518_174452.jpg

My self-inflating mattress seems to have become a self-DEflating mattress. Oh well.:)

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programme:
:v: 60 Days of Walking Day 49 - again not in one go.

Challenges:
:v: One-Minute Meditation Day 12
:v: Daily Push-ups Day 3
:v: Lower Abs Day 19
:v: Destress Day 3

Didn't get as far as I had wanted today so staying somewhere completely unexpected - I'm camped beside a large lake!

And to prove I can get up (kind of) early:
20230519_192342.jpg

View as I was having breakfast.
20230519_192419.jpg

This caught my eye as I was driving through Bendigo.
20230519_192435.jpg

Couldn't do the hike I had planned as storm damage had closed the track but here are the little falls.
20230519_192513.jpg

And finally, I got here just after the rain and just before nightfall.
20230519_192541.jpg
No tree I can use here so I must avail myself of the facilities! :LOL:

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programme:
:v: 60 Days of Walking Day 50 - in one go today.

Challenges:
:v: One-Minute Meditation Day 13
:v: Daily Push-ups Day 4
:v: Lower Abs Day 20
:v: Destress Day 4

On the upside, my tent is waterproof. On the downside, I found out! Mostly grey, foggy and rainy today with occasional glimpses of sun.
On the road.
20230520_185019.jpg

I stress out my GPS by turning off if something catches my eye - a sign saying Wrecks Beach.
20230520_185052.jpg

And a good trek to a lookout:
20230520_185113.jpg

Totally touristy with a few of the 12 Apostles:
20230520_185149.jpg

And just to show that the sun  did pop out:
20230520_185310.jpg

And finally, the risks I take to get a photo - what I got front on, and what it looked like from the side!
20230520_185509.jpg

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
@PetiteSheWolf Ah, you know me. I like to live dangerously. :LOL:

Programme:
:v: 60 Days of Walking Day 51 - sporadic and largely underground!

Challenges:
:v: One-Minute Meditation Day 14
:v: Daily Push-ups Day 5
:v: Lower Abs Day 21
:v: Destress Day 5

Grey again but at least it didn't rain. Even so I spent much of the day underground:

Sink-hole
20230521_180916.jpg

'Dry' cave (no stalectites/mites) but there is water and lots of cave diving. If you look carefully to where the light is shining just below water, there is a point reaching down and another up. They look about 1m apart but are actually 8m apart! The clear water creates an illusion.
20230521_181103.jpg

Spooky shapes on the cave walls.
20230521_181124.jpg

A very different cave
20230521_181258.jpg

Back to the sea. Do you see Camel Rock?
20230521_181435.jpg

And the reason I was here
20230521_181552.jpg

20230521_181613.jpg

And finally, very remote. Just me and a million hungry mosquitoes...
20230521_181715.jpg

That's all, folks. Some time tomorrow I should get to Adelaide.

Last edited:

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programme:
:v: 60 Days of Walking Day 52

Challenges:
:v: One-Minute Meditation Day 15
:v: Daily Push-ups Day 6
:v: Lower Abs Day 22
:v: Destress Day 6

Glad people have been enjoying the pictures. :thanku:
This morning it was still black so I snoozed for another 90 mins and got up. Dressed, decamped and drove 2km to the loo and to cook breakfast. Then took a 5.2km walk. Grey, so no pretty pictures of sun rising over water. Lots of water birds on the Coorong, though, but none stayed still for me to photograph (though the swans were majestically slow). Have some pelicans.
20230522_212547.jpg

Funky Rocks
20230522_212446.jpg

Very slippery black stuff under the sand!
20230522_212419.jpg

Part of the trail I followed this morning.
20230522_212336.jpg

And a plant.
20230522_212319.jpg

Had the thrill of driving my car onto a little ferry to get across a lake. Had never done that before.
I'm in Adelaide now and mum and I have been planning walking routes. Such fun!

Oh, nearly forgot! Emus.
20230522_171502.jpg

Attachments

• 20230522_212510.jpg
    20230522_212510.jpg
    818.6 KB · Views: 1

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programme:
:v: 60 Days of Walking Day 53

Challenges:
:v: One-Minute Meditation Day 16
:v: Daily Push-ups Day 7
:v: Lower Abs Day 23
:v: Destress Day 7

Grey skies continue but no rain!
Wanted to take a tram into the city which was a bit of fun. Went to the museum. It's mostly Australian stuff (and Mawson and the Antarctic) and some Pacific Islands stuff, but there is one room that was so important to me as a child. It introduced me to history on the other side of the world. It seems out of place among the other things, actually. I swear it hasn't changed one bit! It's just a little room but had such a big impact on me.
20230523_185400.jpg

Went to the Botanical Gardens. This is the Palm House.
20230523_190002.jpg

Juxtaposition of old and new. I know which I prefer.
20230523_190032.jpg

In the Mall because... why not?
20230523_190059.jpg

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programme:
:v: 60 Days of Walking Day 54

Challenges:
:v: One-Minute Meditation Day 17
:v: Daily Push-ups Day 8
:v: Lower Abs Day 24
:v: Destress Day 8

:v: ZR 5k Training, W1D1. Why not? Need to be running again, and the beach is a 6-minute walk away. Mum came too. We walked for a bit and then I ran and she walked on and then I ran back to her and we walked further. She normally walked along the Esplanade but actually decided to walk on the beach as I was running on it. She found it was much gentler on her back and she'll walk on the beach from now on. When we got to the beach, I turned left and ran until I ran out of beach (met the river). Nobody had warned me I'd run out of beach! Apparently, this mob always tends to turn to the right. It was interesting running on sand. When it was firm, no problem, but when it was looser, that was a challenge!

After dinner, with my mum, sister and brother-in-law, played a card game called Quiddler, where you get cards with letters on them and you have to make words and put all your cards down at one go. Perhaps it was beginner's luck, but I won. Even got to form some cool words such as equerry. :) Fun game.

NancyTree

Valkyrie from The Netherlands
Nice pictures! 😊 the church makes me think of a small church in New York, pinched between big buildings. I can't find which it was, but it made a great impression on 17 y/o me.

I consider doing the 5k program of ZR too after my vacation, to pick up running again. But I don't really get the intervals, it looks like it starts with 11 min walking and the last interval is added to the free run which makes it 10m 15s? How does it work while running, does the app tell you what to do?

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programme:
:v: 60 Days of Walking Day 55

Challenges:
:v: One-Minute Meditation Day 18
:v: Daily Push-ups Day 9
:v: Lower Abs Day 25
:v: Destress Day 9

Mum drove us to my brother's place and we picked him up and went off to the Dutch Pantry for lunch. Meeting our aunt (mother's sister) there. My bro and I both had the burger and chips, but he had a ginger beer with his while I went with warm milk with anise.
20230525_192409.jpg

My poor little tummy was very full! My bro and I finished about the same time, reached for our drinks together, and then casually picked our teeth together. Our mother leaned toward her sister and said, "They're not related, are they!"
Weather was grey and rainy. In the morning, I thought there was a chance for a quick walk but just before we set out, it began bucketting down. Once back from our lunch, we had some tea but I felt (quite deservedly!) a bit uncomfortable in the full-tummy still so I hauled myself up and out the door about an hour before sunset. There was some threatening rain and the wind was strong (marine wind warnings) but I walked to the beach anyway. But the beach wasn't there!
This is where I walked and ran along yesterday.
20230525_192728.jpg

View from the end of the jetty:
20230525_192548.jpg

And yes, I did get wet feet!
20230525_192633.jpg

Shortly after I got back, the rain hammered down again and the wind howled. Tomorrow should be better.

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programme:
:v: 60 Days of Walking Day 56

Challenges:
:v: One-Minute Meditation Day 19
:v: Daily Push-ups Day 10
:v: Lower Abs Day 26
:v: Destress Day 10

Wanted to go for a walk through a conservation park but by the time we got there...
David Tennant No GIF by Doctor Who

So, no walk there. Went on to an old German town and wandered up and down the main street, getting my time there (though my pace was dreadful!). Lunch was a kransky, of course.
20230526_204945.jpg

And here's the Lutheran church, built one year after the town was established.
20230526_205113.jpg

20230526_205040.jpg

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programme:
:v: 60 Days of Walking Day 57 - Soon going to have to choose another programme. And one that I can do while on the road...

Challenges:
:v: One-Minute Meditation Day 20
:v: Daily Push-ups Day 11
:v: Lower Abs Day 27
:v: Destress Day 11

Went for a walk today in a national park. Rain was threatened but it was holding off, so that was good. The Old Government House (Vice-Regal Summer residence from 1860-1880) was closed but I found an unlocked gate, opened it and went in. Ladies were there for a gardening working bee and said that the house was closed but I smiled and said I was a tourist and they let us wander around, taking photos. Of course, I chatted with a few of the gardeners - because I can be charming, you know.
20230527_194910.jpg

We were on a Lorikeet Walk, and there were lots of lorikeets. Here's one. Well, you can just make it out. I have nowhere near the camera skills of @NancyTree!
20230527_194147.jpg

A picnic table for ducks... (did I mention it's been raining around here?)
20230527_194441.jpg

Mushroom
20230527_194502.jpg

And the sun did pop out for a short time, which was rather nice.
20230527_194324.jpg

And finally, I just really liked this tree.
20230527_194247.jpg

Last edited:

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
@likalo yep, ran away from home! :LOL: Packed the car with tent and sleeping bag and sloped off, leaving behind the children, cats and chicken. Travelled for five days, ended up at my mum's a couple of states across. I'll stay here for a bit and then mooch back over the course of another x-number of days (once I've worked out my route) to that other mob. Rather exciting, not knowing how long I'll be anywhere or even exactly where I'll be! I guess that's the Ranger in me. ;)

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programme:
:v: 60 Days of Walking Day 58

Challenges:
:v: One-Minute Meditation Day 21
:v: Daily Push-ups Day 12
:v: Lower Abs Day 28 - erk = +1
:v: Destress Day 12

The forecast for today had been (for the last several days) that it was going to bucket down for most of the day, so mum and I had planned a stay-at-home day. But when the day dawned, the sun popped out. And popped back in. And then was out again. Mum decided to chance it with me so we went out and walked along the beach. That's the second time she's done that and she's finding walking on dry sand a bit of an effort but not too much effort - so that's good. It was very windy, there were quite some people on the beach (ooh, say, perhaps as many as 30!), many with their dogs. We were out for over an hour and when we got back, the weather continued to see-saw until mid-afternoon when there was a brief downpour. Got tomorrow planned so hope it doesn't rain. As my brother quipped to me, welcome to the driest capital in the driest state on the driest continent! (Though Antarctica actually is drier...)

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programme:
:v: 60 Days of Walking Day 59

Challenges:
:v: One-Minute Meditation Day 22
:v: Daily Push-ups Day 13
:v: Lower Abs Day 29 =+1 (making up for the earlier slackness!)
:v: Destress Day 13

Rain woke me at 2 this morning. When I finally got up, it was grey then started to rain. The sun popped out very briefly a few times but mostly it was just grey, so we cancelled our plans to go out today. Later in the afternoon, to get my walk in, I headed out to the beach. After about 25 minutes, a light rain started so I was quite damp by the time I got back. Still, got my penultimate walk done for the challenge!