Goal + Action = Reality

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
Programmes:
:v: Back and Core Day 10
:v: Vitality Day 5

Challenge:
:v: Dead Hang Day 2 Man, if only my body weren't such a great adaptive machine and had decided to hang on to that muscle for just a little bit longer...! Pathetic. Even 20 seconds was a bit of work.

:v: Exercise bike. 22 minutes, 9k, pace of about 25kph. Seems to be my usual now.

:v: Gardening. It was a bit windy, but more cloudy than sunny, so I got back into the garden. There has been a bit of rain lately, though nowhere near as much as forecast, so pulling the weeds hasn't been so difficult. It's just there are so many of them! I really haven't done any work in the garden since... autumn? late summer? Yikes! A adult magpie kept me company today as I was on the south side. Perhaps he's the south side bird and the young 'un was the east side bird. There is one that hangs around the chicken coop, but that's on the north-west corner so... Anyway, it will take me a lot longer than I had thought to tame this jungle. At least I don't need to wonder what I'll be doing tomorrow! :smirk:

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programmes:
:v: Back and Core Day 11
:v: Vitality Day 6

Challenge:
:v: Dead Hang Day 3

:v: Exercise bike. 25 minutes but I forgot to look at the distance. I recall the first number was 6 and that's in miles, but whether it was 6.0 or 6.9 - I don't recall. Anyway, it was 25 minutes. ;)

:v: Gardening. Just over an hour this morning then I went in to have some tea. Went out again later this afternoon, and got another 1¼ done. This time, I had the whole family of magpies, 6 of them! Even one of the adults hit me in the face with his wings. These things are just getting a bit too chummy! Just near the end, a light drizzle started up. That was okay except for the stiff wind which made it chilling. I'd done much of what I had wanted to do and was just pulling up armfuls of cleavers, so decided to call it a day. Went in and had a lovely hot shower. SO MANY CLEAVERS! I tell you, I've got my work cut out. Fully ⅔ of the property is covered in cleavers. At least they're not hard to pull up, but - yikes! This picture is just part of the top end of the garden. That green - that's cleavers...
20220930_195243.jpg

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programmes:
:v: Back and Core Day 12
:v: Vitality Day 7

Challenge:
:v: Dead Hang Day 4 Man, I think I used up all today's grip strength already! :tired:

:v: Treadmill walk. 20 minutes.

:v: Gardening. 2 hours this morning, then a break for a pot of tea, to make lunch for the Lad, and to allow a brief shower to pass over. Out again a couple of hours later for another 2 hours and 20 minutes. Happy with what I achieved but c'mon! Under those cleavers - is that ivy?? :oops: Hmm, got to prune the figs...
20221001_223811.jpg

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programmes:
:v: Back and Core Day 13
:v: Vitality Day 8

Challenge:
:v: Dead Hang Day 5 In addition, while just sitting doing stuff (like the last time I was on the exercise bike), squeezed the hand gripper 20 times each hand about 5 times.
:v: Daily Kicks Days 1 & 2 I missed this yesterday, so a quick catch-up. Just for kicks. ;)

:v: Gardening. Another few hours out in the garden. Beating back the jungle. Still got plenty to go!
20221002_230732.jpg

And just something to end the day:

Last edited:

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
A adult magpie kept me company today as I was on the south side. Perhaps he's the south side bird and the young 'un was the east side bird. There is one that hangs around the chicken coop, but that's on the north-west corner so...

Soon they will train you to recognize them as easily as they can recognize you!

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programmes:
:v: Back and Core Day 14
:v: Vitality Day 9

Challenge:
:x: Dead Hang I have decided to drop this challenge. I was doing it simply because hanging can be so beneficial, but after a few days pulling weeds, my hands were sore and my grip strength almost absent - particularly after pulling the weeds from between pavers because that's really a finger exercise rather than a whole hand thing. There was no purpose in doing this one, and I'm supposed to be focussing on the things I need to be doing, but improving grip strength is a Good Thing, so I'll just squeeze the gripper from time to time.
:v: Daily Kicks Day 3 No problem with justifying this one! :LOL: I might not do it as it is written, though. Especially for the side kicks, I might just do one set of slow side kicks, or use a belt with side or turning kicks, or do them on the floor, or just do combat-style kicks rather than poomsae - look at all those options!

:v: Rowing machine. Even found scenery to go with a rowing machine workout! The display on my machine doesn't work. I think the resistance does, but I'm not sure. I use it on the second highest, saving the highest (just in case there is a difference!) for the days when I really want to sweat! Anyway, took about 20 minutes and I did one row every 2.5 second. Haven't rowed for ages. It was a nice change. :)