Goal + Action = Reality

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
Programmes:
:v: Back and Core Day 10
:v: Vitality Day 5

Challenge:
:v: Dead Hang Day 2 Man, if only my body weren't such a great adaptive machine and had decided to hang on to that muscle for just a little bit longer...! Pathetic. Even 20 seconds was a bit of work.

:v: Exercise bike. 22 minutes, 9k, pace of about 25kph. Seems to be my usual now.

:v: Gardening. It was a bit windy, but more cloudy than sunny, so I got back into the garden. There has been a bit of rain lately, though nowhere near as much as forecast, so pulling the weeds hasn't been so difficult. It's just there are so many of them! I really haven't done any work in the garden since... autumn? late summer? Yikes! A adult magpie kept me company today as I was on the south side. Perhaps he's the south side bird and the young 'un was the east side bird. There is one that hangs around the chicken coop, but that's on the north-west corner so... Anyway, it will take me a lot longer than I had thought to tame this jungle. At least I don't need to wonder what I'll be doing tomorrow! :smirk:

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programmes:
:v: Back and Core Day 11
:v: Vitality Day 6

Challenge:
:v: Dead Hang Day 3

:v: Exercise bike. 25 minutes but I forgot to look at the distance. I recall the first number was 6 and that's in miles, but whether it was 6.0 or 6.9 - I don't recall. Anyway, it was 25 minutes. ;)

:v: Gardening. Just over an hour this morning then I went in to have some tea. Went out again later this afternoon, and got another 1¼ done. This time, I had the whole family of magpies, 6 of them! Even one of the adults hit me in the face with his wings. These things are just getting a bit too chummy! Just near the end, a light drizzle started up. That was okay except for the stiff wind which made it chilling. I'd done much of what I had wanted to do and was just pulling up armfuls of cleavers, so decided to call it a day. Went in and had a lovely hot shower. SO MANY CLEAVERS! I tell you, I've got my work cut out. Fully ⅔ of the property is covered in cleavers. At least they're not hard to pull up, but - yikes! This picture is just part of the top end of the garden. That green - that's cleavers...
20220930_195243.jpg

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programmes:
:v: Back and Core Day 12
:v: Vitality Day 7

Challenge:
:v: Dead Hang Day 4 Man, I think I used up all today's grip strength already! :tired:

:v: Treadmill walk. 20 minutes.

:v: Gardening. 2 hours this morning, then a break for a pot of tea, to make lunch for the Lad, and to allow a brief shower to pass over. Out again a couple of hours later for another 2 hours and 20 minutes. Happy with what I achieved but c'mon! Under those cleavers - is that ivy?? :oops: Hmm, got to prune the figs...
20221001_223811.jpg

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programmes:
:v: Back and Core Day 13
:v: Vitality Day 8

Challenge:
:v: Dead Hang Day 5 In addition, while just sitting doing stuff (like the last time I was on the exercise bike), squeezed the hand gripper 20 times each hand about 5 times.
:v: Daily Kicks Days 1 & 2 I missed this yesterday, so a quick catch-up. Just for kicks. ;)

:v: Gardening. Another few hours out in the garden. Beating back the jungle. Still got plenty to go!
20221002_230732.jpg

And just something to end the day:

Last edited:

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
A adult magpie kept me company today as I was on the south side. Perhaps he's the south side bird and the young 'un was the east side bird. There is one that hangs around the chicken coop, but that's on the north-west corner so...

Soon they will train you to recognize them as easily as they can recognize you!

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programmes:
:v: Back and Core Day 14
:v: Vitality Day 9

Challenge:
:x: Dead Hang I have decided to drop this challenge. I was doing it simply because hanging can be so beneficial, but after a few days pulling weeds, my hands were sore and my grip strength almost absent - particularly after pulling the weeds from between pavers because that's really a finger exercise rather than a whole hand thing. There was no purpose in doing this one, and I'm supposed to be focussing on the things I need to be doing, but improving grip strength is a Good Thing, so I'll just squeeze the gripper from time to time.
:v: Daily Kicks Day 3 No problem with justifying this one! :LOL: I might not do it as it is written, though. Especially for the side kicks, I might just do one set of slow side kicks, or use a belt with side or turning kicks, or do them on the floor, or just do combat-style kicks rather than poomsae - look at all those options!

:v: Rowing machine. Even found scenery to go with a rowing machine workout! The display on my machine doesn't work. I think the resistance does, but I'm not sure. I use it on the second highest, saving the highest (just in case there is a difference!) for the days when I really want to sweat! Anyway, took about 20 minutes and I did one row every 2.5 second. Haven't rowed for ages. It was a nice change. :)

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programmes:
:v: Back and Core Day 15
:v: Vitality Day 10

Challenge:
:v: Daily Kicks Day 4 Slow, 2 sets.

:v: Exercise bike. 23 minutes, 10.4k, which gave me a pace today of around 27kph. Had to check that it was still on resist 7! Felt strong today. Could have been due to this scenery with all those wonderful curves that I leant into (nearly falling off the bike, but hey!).

:v: Gardening. Another 2 hours this morning, making good progress. The forecast for the next few days though is for a lot of rain, which will halt my work, but we shall see. The Bureau is often wrong. I'm happy for the cloud, though.

Hbomb

Ninja from AZ, USA
"Trying to get back in shape after baby #4."
:v: Rowing machine. Even found scenery to go with a rowing machine workout! The display on my machine doesn't work. I think the resistance does, but I'm not sure. I use it on the second highest, saving the highest (just in case there is a difference!) for the days when I really want to sweat! Anyway, took about 20 minutes and I did one row every 2.5 second. Haven't rowed for ages. It was a nice change. :)
I love the row machine. I think it’s the constant repeated, fluid motion, and the sound the machine makes - almost sounds like ocean waves. I wish I had one at home. One day when I have more freedom away from my children I will enjoy spending time using the row machine at the gym. What was the scenery?

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
I love the row machine. I think it’s the constant repeated, fluid motion, and the sound the machine makes - almost sounds like ocean waves. I wish I had one at home. One day when I have more freedom away from my children I will enjoy spending time using the row machine at the gym. What was the scenery?
Just for you, I found the video again! There are a few more, so that should keep me going for a little while. :)

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programmes:
:v: Back and Core Day 16
:v: Vitality Day 11

Challenge:
:v: Daily Kicks Day 5 On the bag, just for a bit of fun. Hadn't previously thought of this option. Looking forward to next turning kick day! My bag isn't great. Like a lot of my stuff, it's just something that came my way. It's only small - 3ft (why can't it be a nice metric measurement?!), - and it hangs 3ft from the ground, so I had to watch where I kicked because the top of the bag is a bit saggy. Great fun, though! :kungfu: (Yeah, I know, the panda's doing side kick, but hey!!)

:v: Treadmill. Yesterday I considered doing a spot of running. I know I said I wouldn't until November to give that plantaris enough time to heal completely, but I considered it. Last night I had a dream wherein I started running and immediately the plantaris went twang! Even when I woke up this morning, my leg felt sore for a bit! Anyway, I had a lovely warm-up walk (4.8kph/3mph) of about 5 minutes, then I ran slowly (7.2kph/4.5mph) for a minute, walked for a few minutes, ran for another minute, etc for about 24 minutes. I think I ran for 6 minutes all up, but the leg felt a little - not sore, but just... you know. I'll not repeat this experiment for a while now, but I felt good running. Me! Strangely, my Fitbit recorded me as moving the whole time at a pace of 4kph! Perhaps I didn't move my arm enough.

It was a bit damp this morning when I got up. It rained just softly all day, so I guess the forecast of rain (not sure about quantity) was correct. No gardening for a while. Still, term starts again on Monday so I'd better get uniforms ready. Realised I haven't even washed my dobok yet! :blink:

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programmes:
:v: Back and Core Day 17
:v: Vitality Day 12

Challenge:
:v: Daily Kicks Day 6 Front kick - instep, ball or push... :ohyes:

:v: Exercise bike. 25 minutes and 11.6k, so a pace of almost 28kph. Really had to push myself today and was faster than last time. It was quite humid though, and so I got awfully sweaty even though the temp in my training room was only 17°C.

:v: Home Front workout. Sorting out the upstairs linen press had to be made more fun with the addition of step-ups (I really drove the other knee up hard with these), dead bugs (one of my favourites) and squats.

Received advice this afternoon that Mastery will not be held this term, but first term next year. That means I have only two formal training days per week, so I can now work up a schedule for the next ten weeks, beginning on Monday. :worried:

Damer

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Warrior Monk from Terra
Pronouns: He/Him
@TopNotch and @Laura Rainbow Dragon I am late to this thread so, apologies. :) To clarify a couple of things: stretching doesn't help to hold the leg past 90 degrees. Tendons do that. More precisely the front hip flexors and the side hip flexors. The latter are called gluteus minimus and medius tendons. Tendons raise and hold the leg and holding it in the front position requires quite a few muscle groups to work together for stability so that the tendons can do their work. Quads hurt because they cramp. They cramp because we are tensing them to hold the leg straight, not to raise it. Slow leg swings are an easier way to exercise these tendons. It's used in both ballet and dancing for that reason.

We need flexibility for increased range of motion and, in Tae Kwon Do, for power. Muscles, when warmed up, will stretch up to 50% of their length so kicking high is often a question of sufficient momentum (which is why back-leg kicks are usually higher than front leg ones). But as muscles work against each other an inflexible limb uses up all its power to reach height and has little muscle power to deliver the kick. The video is really cool and the perfect example of what good tendon strength allows you to do. I hope this helps shed a little light on this.

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
@Damer my point was that full splits require a massive amount of flexibility--much more than is functional for almost any activity in life. @TopNotch aims to kick super high for performance/aesthetic reasons, so perhaps training to achieve that level of flexibility is helpful there.

I have minimal experience with martial arts. My expertise lies primarily within the realms of running and yoga. As a runner, I don't want to be able to do full splits. An efficient running gait does not require anywhere near that much flexibility, and I have read some studies which found too much hamstring flexibility can be detrimental to running speed.

As a yogi... I know plenty of yoga practitioners who do train to be able to do full splits for yoga performance/aesthetic reasons. I personally do not, because I do not want my yoga practice to adapt my body in ways that would be maladaptive for the rest of my life. (Far too many yogis get injured because they train to increase their flexibility without also building the strength necessary to support that increased flexibility.) I practise half splits because half splits help me to maintain a level of flexibility which assists optimal running performance (as well as walking/hiking, handling inclines and declines, the styles of dancing I like to practise, and other activities of my daily life) and because I also train to maintain a level of strength which supports that much flexibility. I also practise standing splits as that pose is at least as much about building strength as flexibility.

Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana (Extended Hand-to-Big-Toe Pose) is also popular amongst yogis. I am not such a fan of the pose as it demands the flexibility necessary to extend one's leg above 90° but not the strength necessary to get or hold it there. I prefer to practise and teach this shape without holding on to the toe so that the strength necessary to lift and hold the leg extended is trained alongside flexibility. (Also, in my experience, most humans lack the ability to perform extended hand-to-big-toe pose safely at full extension.)

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Thanks for that, @Damer I'm not really concerned about my flexibility at the moment - it's good enough, but one day, I'd like to be able to do the splits. :) My focus is really on strength. I know I lack that, so all those Darebee tendon strength workouts are on my To-Do list! Again!! :LOL: How often I go back and re-read your earlier advices from various AMAs! And I've to work on the glutes. And totally unconnected but my physio scoffed and sniggered at my triceps, so I guess they've got to be worked too. :p

Last edited:

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programmes:
:v: Back and Core Day 18
:v: Vitality Day 13

Challenge:
:v: Daily Kicks Day 7

:v: Tricep Push-downs 3 x 10

:v: Treadmill walk. Bucketting down with rain, so I chose a rainy scenery walk to accompany me today. Did 29 minutes at 3.5mph/5.6kph.

:v: Home Front mission. Finished the linen press and did punches, step-ups and tricep dips.

Last edited:

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programmes:
:v: Back and Core Day 19
:v: Vitality Day 14

Challenge:
:v: Daily Kicks Day 8

:v: Exercise bike. 22 min, just over 10k, pace of nearly 28kph. I had spent much of the day doing housework, including vacuuming which I, as well as Nature, abhor. So I was tempted to say that I'd done my cardio, and if I had been unable to do anything else, I would have happily accepted that, but no. Discipline, TN, I thought. So I hopped on that bike and pushed that speed again and, of course, I was glad I did it, both physically and mentally. I just wished the bike seat didn't creak so! I really hate that. Once upon a time I was on crutches for a week and one crutch constantly clicked - nearly drove me around the bend! I really can't stand that sort of noise...

It was sunny when I got up this morning but soon it clouded over. It's raining again now. We've had so much rain! Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing right now. On the upside, I guess the dams will be pretty full, but on the down side, the rain will encourage lots of sappy undergrowth, and if the summer is hot and dry...

Last edited:

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programmes:
:v: Back and Core Day 20
:v: Vitality Day 15

Challenge:
:v: Daily Kicks Day 9 Ouch! Decided to do these kicks in slo-mo. Tell you, by the time I'd got to about number 10, I was almost weeping! Fast up with the knee, then s-l-o-w-l-y out and back, then fast down. My hip flexors were like :onfire: :surrender:

:v: Exercise bike. I thought I'd take it a bit easy today. I wasn't feeling very happy due to a rather grisly discovery I made this morning (only read if really interested in grisly discoveries!) Lots of feathers in the chicken run, one chicken missing, two more discovered by the side gate without their heads. I was thinking fox, but could also have been owl, given that I've never seen a fox-killed chook sans head, and there are owls around here. Anyway, my body obviously had other ideas and I think I hit my top speed at this resistance - just over 25 minutes, just over 12k, with a pace of 28.6kph! If I had really wanted to push it, I feel sure I could have gone faster, but that wasn't the aim. It was quite humid again so the sweat was dripping. When the weather warms up, I'll be able to use the fan, but right now, it's just too chilly still.

School starts back tomorrow which means it's time for my new workout programme to start. Looking forward to it. It will change once I'm happy that the calf is ready to run again, but I'm really trying to wait until November for that.

OJJJEM

Mother of Dragons Posts: 583
Raccoon, hawk, or owl... With raccoon being the most likely cause... especially if it's still in its enclosure. You can ward off raccoons by spreading hot chili and cinnamon powder on the ground around the perimeter... they walk on their hands, then groom their faces with their hands... instant regret... works on keeping them out of your gardens, too. ;)

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Raccoon, hawk, or owl... With raccoon being the most likely cause... especially if it's still in its enclosure. You can ward off raccoons by spreading hot chili and cinnamon powder on the ground around the perimeter... they walk on their hands, then groom their faces with their hands... instant regret... works on keeping them out of your gardens, too. ;)
We don't have raccoons in Australia. :LOL:

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programmes:
:v: Back and Core Day 21
:v: Vitality Day 16

Challenge:
:v: Daily Kicks Day 10. Try doing these puppies on the floor, on the non-kicking knee (gosh!), resting on the forearm, the other arm as a brace, then tuck in the knee as close to the chest as you can, keeping the foot in line with the bum, then shoot out that leg as high as you can. Hold for a second before bringing back in. Talk about :butt:

Workout:
:v: Iron Bar Getting to work on those tendons.
:v: Ankle Recovery Probably do this a few times.

:v: Treadmill. 27 minutes, 2.5k at about 5.6kph.
:v: Banded lateral walk. 3 x 10 steps es. I was going to do more but I forgot. :tailwiggle:

Today was the start of my New Plan! :welcome: As with most plans, this one did not survive contact with the enemy! I had intended on doing a glute workout, but decided that I had actually done enough glute work for today, so I'll reschedule that. There are things that I'd like to do but I'll see how things go for the first week and then do the tweaking. Perhaps I can add more things in or perhaps I'll have to take some out. Perhaps I'll swap things around. Nothing is immutable, and there is a number of follow-alongs and FitOn programmes that I'd like to do too. I find that if I do a follow-along, I push myself harder than otherwise. Shows how slack I can be, hey! I am determined not to do more than one programme at a time - one programme plus one Add-On, that is! But only if I think they fit in with my goals. I've made my list. There are 18 ... :LOL:

And I bet not one of you could resist checking out that grisly discovery, hey?!

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
That's the beauty of plans! You can accommodate them to your heart's desire.

Are you going to replace the chooks?
Yep! I'm thinking of getting a mix of breeds this time - deliberately and not by accident. Ah, the choices, the choices! But right now is probably not the best time, which gives me the opportunity to look around. :)

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programmes:
:v: Back and Core Day 22
:v: Vitality Day 17

Challenge:
:v: Daily Kicks Day 11

Workouts:
:v: The Bottom Line Time to work on the glutes.
:v: Hand Tendons

:v: Taekwondo training. First day back for the term. Some fun warm-up drills, some stretching, and some strength work, including 1min plank, 30sec side plank es, then back to another 1min plank. Then we went through a lot of kicks - 10 es. Instep, turning, side, axe, down, hook, inswing, outswing, and back side. I was quite pleased with my back side kicks; they just continue to improve. :) After that, we worked on our splits. I seem to have lost a bit there so must add that to my programme. Finally, the coach split us into groups and we had to do "flexible" kicks - ones where we really had to show our flexibility. One person from each group help the paddle and everyone went through kicking from one leg then the other. The last person then took the paddle and chose the kick. We all had to start with turning kick, then my group went for down kick, hook kick, side kick (which had to be done with two paddles and you had to kick through both. The coach made me demonstrate as I was at the head of the line and, as this was a "flexibility" kick, had to be high, and I kicked through at head height. The rest of the group was only slightly lower), instep kick (my desperate choice, which turned out to be surprisingly difficult for everyone but, as holder, I didn't get a go) and finally, the coach (who was in our group) decided on turning hook which was turning kick to one paddle, then another paddle was quickly held out on the other side and that same leg flicked back the hook. Challenging and fun!

I was thinking today about my usual cardio. Almost every day for a while, I have walked or cycled or rowed. I thought that with training tonight, I didn't want to drain the tank too much, and training is generally pretty cardio anyway, so I would skip my cardio on training days. So, to take it easy, rather than a 25-minute treadmill walk, I spent twice as long hoiking out weeds in the garden! :smash:
I have been wanting to do some upperbody work, with Marcy preferably, but for some months now I have been troubled by medial epicondylitis (aka golfer's elbow - must be because I do all that walking around the golf course!), and I have slowly dropped almost every upperbody weights activity, even the push-ups I had been so keen on doing, because it just wasn't getting any better. I see the physio again on Thursday so I'll discuss things again with him, but I'm really tired of this and want it gone so I'm not going to do anything that could (continue to) exacerbate it. Fortunately, there is a lot of other stuff I can do instead. :applause:

NOTE: just for those who may not know, "es" stands for "each side". I realise I use this contraction a lot.

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programmes:
:v: Back and Core Day 23
:v: Vitality Day 18

Challenge:
:v: Daily Kicks Day 12 Today I was thinking about last night's kicks. My turning kicks had been quite good, stronger than previously, and I made the paddle clap as it's supposed to. I think this is because I have been putting on shoes and kicking at the bag while doing the turning kicks for this challenge. Wearing shoes means I don't worry so much about hurting my feet so I kick harder. This has, of course, made my kicks stronger, and even though it's only been a little bit of time, I think I can see an improvement. And all because I made a small change to how I train - putting on shoes to kick, in this instance.

Workouts:
:v: Active Rest

:v: Walk. The weather of the next few days is supposed to be wet again. It's been an uncharacteristically wet spring! So I took the opportunity to go for a walk this morning. I had intended to go up North, but when I got to the end of my street, I decided to go left and head down South. I was going to go quite down South, but as I was just passing a suburb I'd never been in (but frequently pass), which had a large pine plantation, I turned off and went for a lovely walk. It took just over an hour for me to walk almost 5k, and ascend some 165m. It was still wet but the mud wasn't the same as my 'usual' mud - it wasn't deep and sucky, and not too terribly slippery, but water was actually running down the tracks. At one point, I wondered if I were going up a track or just a water run-off gully! I walked along the fire trail for a bit, then wanted to head up on a track. At the bottom of this track was a sign saying, no entry, one way only. So, being a rebel, I went up this track! Being wet and slippery as well as steep, I would not have liked going down that track! There was another sign at the top (trail head), advising that it was an advanced trail. Hah! Now they tell me!

20221012_164901.jpg
Not a great macro but a pretty pea flower.

20221012_164956.jpg

And the view from about halfway up.

20221012_164550.jpg

An easy part of the track.
I'll definitely go along here again, next time perhaps doing the whole perimeter along the fire trails. :nod:

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programmes:
:v: Back and Core Day 24
:v: Vitality Day 19

Challenge:
:v: Daily Kicks Day 13

Workouts:
:v: Anchor Those tendons again!
:v: Shoulder Work Because the physio wants me to work on my shoulders.

:v: Upside down push-ups. What's this? I hear you ask. Is this a push-up variation I've never heard of before? Well, not really. My physio gave me this one today. I lie on my back on the bench, arms straight up holding a band with a bit of tension. Then I pull the band apart and down, bringing my elbows down to where they would be if I were doing a push-up, but my hands are further out. It can be done on the floor but then your elbows wouldn't go down as far. When I did some at the physio's, I remarked that they were quite easy. He looked at me (you know the way physios have of looking at you!) and I hastily amended that it was probably harder when you did all 3 sets of 10. But nope. :LOL: Fun, though, I love them! I'm only supposed to do them 3 times a week but... Maybe next week I might see if a heavier band also works. But I don't want to aggravate that darned elbow!
:v: Physio shoulder rotations. Holding a band between my hands, arms bent, elbow tucked, I pull the band apart by rotating my forearms and keeping my elbows tucked. These ones were hard! 10 sets of 10 second holds.
:v: Foam rolling. Quads and calves daily, 5 minutes each. I had to confess that I hadn't rolled for a while, and I felt :sit: On my file, he probably wrote "TopNotch must try harder!" :p

He apologised for not having given me a rehab running programme after the first time I pulled that darned plantaris, but I have one now, wherein at the first level I have to run 50m in 30sec (which is a speed of 6kph - slow even for me!), 10 times, then the second level had ditto plus 50m in 20 seconds, 10 times which is 9kph which is faster than I usually run but it's only for 20 seconds at a go so I should manage. After that, it gets a bit funky, including S-curves and crosses (moving forward and backward and side to side). He reckons it'll take me three weeks or so to complete, and after that I should be good to go again. :)
I've had to drop all upper-body weight work - even push-ups! - and he said to leave it another fortnight and then we'll see. I kind of let planks slip in though, because apart from today's up-and-down planks :facepalm: I'm not really working the elbow. And you know me and planks.

:v: Taekwondo training. We had to move into the hall because the school was using their gym. The hall has mirrors along one wall, so the coach got us to face the mirrors so we could watch ourselves. I kept forgetting to! Joint warm-up and dynamic stretching. We did relays to warm-up, which included running, jumping jacks, full burpees, pre-squats, jumping lunges and some other stuff. Then we did drills up the line. Always walking in long stance, we started with a single opposite hand punch, then double punch, then upper block and punch, face outer block and same hand lower block, face outer block and inner block. I quite enjoy blocks. Then we really got into kicking up the line. Two to four laps each of ball, turning, side (mid-section and then high), hook, axe, outer crescent, push, turning ball, and we finished with a fun kempo kick.

Additionally, I found the macro option on my new phone/camera (my old one didn't have one) so next walk... :smirk:

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programmes:
:v: Back and Core Day 25
:v: Vitality Day 20

Challenge:
:v: Daily Kicks Day 14

Workout:
:v: Upper Body Tendon Strength Wasn't going to do one of these today because Vitality had it covered, but this one just called to me... :)

:v: Rehab running programme. 30 minutes in total, with a walk to warm-up, then 90 seconds of walking in between the 30 seconds of running x 10, then a walk for a cool-down. Felt okay. :yaz:

:v: Upside down push-ups. 3 x 10 because they are fun.
:v: Calf raises. 2 x 15. On a step so I could go further down.
:v: Foam rolling. Calves and quads. 5 minutes each. Boring... :corner:

:v: FitOn routine - Bouncy Booty Boost. Kevin and I got down and bounced our booties... Hold on, aren't booties little socks for babies? Hmm... Anyway, with a title like this, how could I go past?!
Donald Duck Disney GIF

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programmes:
:v: Back and Core Day 26
:v: Vitality Day 21

Challenge:
:v: Daily Kicks Day 15

:v: FitOn - Stretches for Splits. Cassey had me stretching. Quite frankly, I didn't like this one and was glad it was only 20 minutes. It was meh. There are others I can try on FitOn, so I won't give up on it just yet (I've enjoyed some other routines I've done there).
:v: 15 Min Middle Split Routine I like this one. Saturno talks about getting "comfortably uncomfortable". :ballz:
I'm not so focussed really on getting my splits atm, so I'm not going to be doing frequent split stretching routines, but once (possibly twice?) a week could be a good thing, just to maintain the flexibility.

:v: Exercise bike. 25 minutes, 11.6k, speed of about 28kph. I've been cycling barefoot recently because wearing shoes is uncomfortable. When I saw the physio on Thursday, I mentioned my ankle and how it hasn't been quite right since the infamous Ladder Incident, so he poked and prodded and once he'd scraped me off the ceiling, announced that I have bruised the tip of my ankle bone. Ah well, I thought, bruises are okay sorts of things, yeah? Anyway, yesterday I actually looked up what it means to "bruise a bone". Oh. Ouch. That explains everything! It's kind of what you do to a bone you decide you don't want quite to break! You bash it in such a way that the cortex (outer covering of the bone) actually cracks. So the bone isn't actually broken but bits around it are a little fractured and have to heal, which can take weeks, even months. Well done, TopNotch! Something new. Fortunately this doesn't affect me except when wearing shoes and the edge of the shoe touches the part around my ankle. It's not bad, just a little uncomfortable, but when riding the bike, I tend to move my ankles more and faster than when walking, hence the current preference for naked feet. Apart from that, I've got darn fine looking feet! ;)

:v: Physio shoulder rotations. 10 x 10sec hold. These ones are Hard, so I don't like them. Which makes me force myself to do them very well!

:x: Foam rolling. I just couldn't do it today. Dull, dull, dull, dull, dull! Please don't tell the physio... :please: I'll be good tomorrow. Promise. :angel: