Programmes:
:v: Foundation Day 4
:v: Total Abs Day 9

Challenge:
:v: Daily Kicks Day 28
:v: Touch Your Toes Day 9
:v: Glutes of Steel Day 9

Workout:
:v: Rainmaker With those front circles, I felt like I should be casting some sort of spell. Perhaps that's the rain spell... ;)

:v: 2 x 10 overhead barbell presses
:v: 3 x 10 banded upside-down push-ups
:v: XBX Chart 1 Level C-

:v: Walk. Tried for 6km but only made it to 5.98km! In 1hr, 18min. Strange day. Very windy and sunny-cloudy-sunny-cloudy-etc. When I started off, I got quite warm so took off my jacket and just had my t-shirt. Then the clouds came over, the wind became a touch chillier and I put my jacket on again. Then my ears started getting cold. There was a sprinkling of rain which, with that wind, didn't make anything warmer! After a little while, the sun reappeared. But I kept my jacket on. The apparent temperature was between 3° and 5°! As well as 'roos, I saw two bunnies on my walk in two different areas. I seldom see them.
Despite the strong wind...
20221028_205344.jpg

...the paper daisy is actually pretty much in focus.
20221028_205440.jpg

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
Programmes:
:v: Foundation Day 5
:v: Total Abs Day 10

Challenge:
:v: Daily Kicks Day 29
:v: Touch Your Toes Day 10
:v: Glutes of Steel Day 10

Halloween Collection workouts:
:v: Slayer HIIT
:v: Hellraiser Just to prove to myself that I still can do a level 5 workout though I'm mostly a slacker. :LOL:
:v: Team Zombie
Hard to choose which ones to do. This is a BIG collection! I have more planned for the next few days...:plot:

:v: Walk Hike. 6.4km in 1hr, 19min. Elevation gain of 213m. I had elected to do a 50km challenge this month (another one next month) and I'd nearly finished it (despite the rain holding me up) and thought that after today I'd probably have about 2 or so clicks to go, but when I got home, I found that I was short only 400m (!!). I'm pretty sure I'll manage to squeeze that out over the next couple of days! So, I'd done this area before, but this time I wanted to go a longer route and follow the equestrian trail rather than just cut through on tracks. I parked somewhere else this time and headed off. Before long, the track bifurcated. Do I take the left turn, which seems fairly flat and winds through the trees, or do I keep going ahead, up the track that just seems to reach straight into the sky? Of course I went straight up! That was hard! I climbed 100m in that first kilometre, with a pace of about 14'30". I made it up and continued. I thought the track wasn't too bad if you were on a horse, but being on shank's pony was a whole different ball game! It was quite a pleasant walk though. I basically went left for a bit, up for a bit, right for a longer bit, then down, then left again until I got back to my car. Of course, as I was walking, I really had no idea where I was or how I was going to get where I wanted to be. I like that. :cool: Anyway, when I was on the flatter going-along-left-again part, I came across a sign. I guess it was at the trail head and I came from behind. It explained a lot about much of the track I was on. I must confess at times I had found it rather challenging...
20221029_153104.jpg

I rather like this shot.
20221029_153021.jpg

The trees are straight, the ground is not. This is near the top of the first Up bit. It was beginning to flatten and I actually dared to stop without worrying about falling backwards!
20221029_152822.jpg

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programmes:
:v: Foundation Day 6 - an abs day so it felt like a lot of TA was repeated.
:v: Total Abs Day 11

Challenge:
:v: Daily Kicks Day 30 - but the spiders have all been defeated! Changed it up a bit - ball kick for the first set, then push kick, then instep kick.
:v: Touch Your Toes Day 11
:v: Glutes of Steel Day 11

Halloween Collection workouts:
:v: Gargoyle - Ooh, isometrics. I don't think I've seen/noticed this workout before. I like. :)
:v: Scythe
:v: Graveyard Shift
:v: Final Girl
I had decided yesterday to do Grim Reaper but the abs were saying, "I don't think so!" and so I finished with Final Girl instead. Now I'll have to work out what's on for tomorrow - to go with Grim Reaper!

:v: XBX Chart 1, Level C+

Bit slack today and didn't do my cardio. Oh well.

Last edited:

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Thanks, @NancyTree @Fremen @HellYeah @Haleth @Anek @BetaCorvi @Montserrat @CODawn @Froud :kungfu:

Programmes:
:v: Foundation Day 7
:v: Total Abs Day 12

Challenges:
:v: Touch Your Toes Day 12
:v: Glutes of Steel Day 12

Halloween Collection Workouts:
:v: Grim Reaper
:v: Monster Hunter
:v: Shapeshifter
:v: Zombie Survival Yeah, so a HIIT is probably not supposed to be a finisher! :LOL:
And that's it for these guys until next year. When there might be more... :plot:

:v: XBX Chart 1 Level B-
:v: 4 x 10 upside-down banded push-ups

:v: Walk. Had to get a mere 400m to finish the 50km Strava Walking Challenge, so I thought I'd just pop out quickly and do 1-2km before it rained. But I went a different way and followed a different track which didn't branch off in the direction I wanted to go so I ended up going somewhere else and going further (but not as far as I usually go, just a totally different route) than I had intended. 3.75km in 45 minutes with 103m elevation.

It started to bucket down at about 2 this afternoon and didn't look like letting up. The Lad was very disappointed that he couldn't go out for Halloween, but he has a nasty cough (just a cough - strange) that's kept him off school for a few days and I didn't want to let him out when it was wet. The girls put on their costumes anyway, then, as the rain was easing (only an occasional drizzle), I suggested they go out for a bit and take a brolly. Around here, it starts at about 6 and is all over by 8. Despite the weather and the fact that a lot of children were carrying umbrellas, there was a fair turn-out after all, and I am glad the girls went. Most of the children were in the 10-15 range, I think. Not so many little ones. The girls shared their hauls with the Lad. I didn't bother to dress up this time (I usually just wear a long black robe with a hood) but when I opened the door, I slung Footprints around my neck. She is quite happy to hang there. One boy, probably about 10, said he'd never seen a cat do that before.
"Oh, she's electronic," I said.
"Really?" asked the boy.
"Yes. She's a robot." I can keep a very straight face.
"Wow," said the boy, all big eyes.
:bigsmile:
Happy Halloween, Bees!
:bat::spider::ghost::scull::pumpkin::scythe::reaper::jason:

Last edited:

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Thanks, @irina_bu and @WSMC1
@NancyTree ;)

Programmes:
:v: Foundation Day 8
:v: Total Abs Day 13

Challenges:
:v: Touch Your Toes Day 13
:v: Glutes of Steel Day 13
:v: Power Punch Day 1 Found out that now that I've taken the squat bar inside, the bag stand doesn't have anything to brace against and the 2 10K weight plates I've dropped on it isn't anywhere near sufficient to stop the darned thing walking all over the deck when I'm punching it. A moving target, I guess! I'll have to find something heavier or see if I can somehow tie it to the deck... :puurke:

:v: XBX Chart 1, Level B I think this is taking me about a minute now, so I've still got 4 minutes to play with. I'm hoping to keep this chart under 2 minutes but it's the stretch up - bend forward to toe-touch - stretch up - bend backward movement that slows things down (indeed, this exercise has 2 minutes to complete the increasing number of reps whereas every other exercise has just one minute) but you shouldn't rush a stretch.

:v: Taekwondo training. The other centre that trains on the same days as mine was unavailable tonight, so we got about 6 extra teens and one adult. He said he thought it might be easier for the other adults to attend the centre that operates on Wed and Fri since they are both the other side of the city. So we had the trainee coach from that other centre lead us today. We did pyramid running - 1 lap, then 2, then 3, then 4, then back down - but I think he got it a bit wrong. As soon as the last person had finished the last lap, we were off again, so it may just as well have been 16 continuous laps! Then he gave us some strength training. It was quite funny. He said it as though this was going to be hard. HIs centre had done this on Thursday. We remembered what our centre had done on Thursday and how we had all survived it! Anyway, it was (please, hush your guffaws!) 30 seconds push-ups, 15 second rest, 30 sec sit-ups, 15 sec rest, 30 sec elbow plank, 1 min rest, x 3. A far cry from our punishing Thursday! Romped it in. :ss: We've often thought that centre had it easy! Then on to kicks. 5 instep kicks each leg to warm up, then 10 es in earnest. With the turning kicks, he wanted them fast and powerful. We always start with left foot back, meaning it's the foot to kick first, so my right leg was the support and turning foot. At the seventh fast kick (which also requires a fast and sharp turn on the supporting leg), my right plantaris yelled Nope! and that was pretty much that. :p I couldn't do the cut kick but I could do axe kick but only if I kicked with the right leg. When we partnered up for instep kicks on the paddle, that was okay as I didn't need to turn my leg, but with the turning kick, I had a go but could only do it with the right. So darned tired of this. I think it's getting better and then... Well, perhaps it is. Perhaps it plays up just a little bit to annoy me but bit by bit, it's getting there. Fingers crossed. :)

Sudden return to winter with much of the afternoon grey and rainy and about 12°! Yet on Wednesday, the forecast is for 23°. This time of year is rather variable.

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programmes:
:v: Foundation Day 9
:v: Total Abs Day 14

Challenges:
:v: Touch Your Toes Day 14
:v: Glutes of Steel Day 14
:v: Power Punch Day 2

Workout:
:v: Stronger Arms For all that additional typing I'll be doing!

:v: XBX Chart 1, Level B.

:v: Very Small Walk. Bit time-crunched this week, so I couldn't go out for a decent walk. I had to do some shopping - preparing for the Lad's birthday party on Saturday - a Minecraft party. Yay... Anyway, that's a bit of work for me, a lot of prepping, but I parked near a park not so far from the shopping centre so at least I got a 800m walk each way, as well as the wandering around in the shops and carrying the bags. So not much, but I'll claim it anyway. :LOL:

:v: NaNoWriMo - started something I began thinking of on Sunday, wonder how it goes. About 3,000 words written.

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programmes:
:v: Foundation Day 10
:v: Total Abs Day 15

Challenges:
:v: Touch Your Toes Day 15
:v: Glutes of Steel Day 15
:v: Power Punch Day 3

:v: XBX Chart 1, Level B+

:x: Taekwondo training. On Tuesday, I pulled that plantaris again, and it was still giving me bother today, so I must have done it quite nicely again. I realised that if I went to training, there was no way that I would manage to avoid everything that could hurt that darn calf, short of sitting out, so I decided to sit it out at home. :( I have learnt, however, that rotating with speed on that leg is something that stresses that plantaris. As is jumping. And ... etc. I did, however, feel quite adult in my decision. See, I can be a grown-up sometimes! :angel:

Plumber came this morning to fix the hot water system (that turned out STILL to be broken because the one that came last time didn't get it right and it takes ages to get tradies to come!) and he found that the timer switch on the solar had burnt out, and that the previous plumber had installed a thermostat for an electric system on the boiler and not for a solar system. Aargh! So another electrician came (fortunately a mate of the plumber so he could come pretty immediately) and replaced the switch, so everything should (really should THIS time!) be right. Hot shower tonight. Really hope so. :please:

:v: NaNoWriMo - about 3500 words today.

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
@Froud Shower good!! :LOL:

Programmes:
:x: Foundation Day 11
:x: Total Abs Day 16

Challenges:
:v: Touch Your Toes Day 16
:v: Glutes of Steel Day 16
:v: Power Punch Day 4

:x: XBX Chart 1, Level A-

Oh dear, such a lot of :x:s today! It's been all about getting ready for the birthday party tomorrow. This morning, I got ready to make the cake - only I didn't have enough eggs! Oh, how I miss my chickens! I had to go to the shop and buy eggs. Actually had to ask someone where they were - I've not had to buy them there before! I also had to buy white bread for the fairy bread. It's quite funny - if someone posts a picture of the food spread of their child's birthday party and you see fairy bread, you know they're Australian! What's a child's party (even a kind-of Minecraft-themed one) without fairy bread?! I drove all the way to the shop - no time even for my brief walk. Then back home, cleaned up and got to baking the cake. I'd even remembered to buy two new cake tins so I have two decent ones the same size for when, such as today, I make a layer cake. Unfortunately, the only ones I could get were in a metallic dusty pink... Oh well, they worked nicely. The Lad had a special swimming day at school today, so he got to travel on a bus again - the fourth time, he recounted the others this morning before he left. Then after dinner I took him to Boys' Brigade and, with the help of my younger daughter, made the butter-cream icing and sandwiched the cakes together. Actually, this time the cake looks pretty good. Oh, and I made jelly. And printed out stuff for the party. Tomorrow, quick clean-up and prep, pull overgrown weeds from around front path so people can get in without having to use machete. And when it's all over - oh, blissful thought! - I'm going for a walk!

:v: NaNoWriMo - just over 2,000 words today because I was too busy even to think. After tomorrow, I shall immerse myself with great pleasure in the world inside my head. :chat:

Last edited:

OJJJEM

Mother of Dragons Posts: 583
I grew up on fairy bread, but I only found out what it was called as an adult. We never had a name for it in our house. As kids, we would sneak into my mum's cabinets and make it ourselves... and eat a few sprinkles along the way... :LOL: Growing up as children, my siblings and I thought that we had invented fairy bread, because we were the only people we knew who ate it (Americans). Another big one for us was cinnamon and sugar toast with our cocoa. Australians just know how to keep the inner child alive. ;)

OJJJEM

Mother of Dragons Posts: 583
@TopNotch You just gave me a VERY good idea!!! We're celebrating a birthday tomorrow, and I've been trying to figure out what to bring outside of cupcakes for the kids! So, I decided to bring fairy bread with this attached on a card that briefly explains to the children what it is and where it comes from! I sincerely hope the kids like this (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong):

Fairy bread is a well-known birthday tradition in Australia and New Zealand and is the highlight of any children’s party there. It gets its origin in a children’s sanatorium, of all places! While fairy bread is considered an acquired taste outside of Australia, you will be hard-pressed to find anybody in that region who DOESN’T like it! The recipe is very simple. It is bread and butter dipped in “hundreds and thousands” sprinkles and cut into bite-sized triangles. I hope you enjoy this simple party favorite from “Down Under”!

MXzUZyH2ZkDcRYYPYPGWhVz7wlcdtBB1qs6OJjVBpxis1jdEBxxtvTUR0_KRHmplHB7Sz0m7V5SiMw4cdz4B7yr8g3zEPsZy6r6eo4KZI5xCi4_fVJa3NotRAFG-FFIywdw2UiJwCISHqEGlPiXm33ygqZHb116H8IFhCtrcnzxYAMleoDMDO1mXjFynFg

Last edited:

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programmes:
:v: Foundation Days 11 and 12
:v: Total Abs Days 16 and 17
To make up for a totally slack day yesterday! And because I really had to get my body reset today.

Challenges:
:v: Touch Your Toes Day 17
:v: Glutes of Steel Day 17
:v: Power Punch Day 5

:v: XBX Chart 1, Level A-

:v: Hike. 5.4km in 1hr, 12min, elevation of 145m. I started off the usual route but took a different path. So many paths to choose from! I wanted a relatively hard path (without actually going up the Hill!) and I got that, which was good. I wanted a hard path because after that party, I really needed a body and mind reset! As a thank you for my girls, I picked some everlasting flowers for them and discovered that walking for about 50 minutes while clutching a handful of flower stems really makes the forearm tense - but you only notice this when you open your hand! :LOL:
20221105_235109.jpg

Quite a pleasant trail in a number of parts - very enclosed and lots of tall spring growth.
20221105_235145.jpg

The party went quite well. Four invitees arrived, and one's 11yo sister whom the Lad knows. So there were six children, making enough noise for 100! They seemed to get stuck into the food pretty quickly, and Pin The Tail On The Ender Dragon went well, but then when that was over, it was only 45 minutes in! I quickly improvised a hopping game with two teams, cones and tennis balls, and that used up a whole 5 minutes more! I kept telling myself "only another half hour", then finally, "only another five minutes". I had been struck last night by the (to me) awful thought that some parents might stay and I'd have to entertain them, but fortunately they all left after about ten minutes, so that was good. By the end of it, though, I really needed to get out. A quick tidy-up (fortunately there wasn't much mess!) and then I headed off to my wilderness and solitude. Six hours now since it ended, my ears are still ringing!

:v: NaNoWriMo - as you might expect, not much on this front today, but just now had a brief writing spurt and added another 1000 to my total. It's just over 10,000 so far - 1/5th of the way there. From now on, though, there's nothing until Christmas, so I can just focus the whole month on writing. I've kind of committed myself to go out voluntarily and meet a bunch of strangers as part of a NaNoWriMo Write-In tomorrow! This is going to be almost as hard as a children's birthday party!

Last edited:

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programmes:
:v: Foundation Day 13
:v: Total Abs Day 18

Challenges:
:v: Touch Your Toes Day 18
:v: Glutes of Steel Day 18
:v: Power Punch Day 6

:v: XBX Chart 1, Level A

As an Aspie, I find it excruciatingly difficult to go out and meet strangers. It's something I avoid. I must confess that the Covid lockdowns were, for me, absolutely wonderful because I wasn't expected to go out and be with other people! But today I forced myself to do just that. I decided to attend a NaNoWriMo Write-In at the Library. It was supposed to be in the Reading Room but I got there and did a circuit (boy, it was quiet!) and there was no group of people or NaNo signs or anything, so I went back out and hovered in the ante-room. I saw someone else go in, obviously carrying a computer, do a circuit and come back out, consulting phone. And another person, who, when she came out, sat down on one of the sofas. So I girded my loins (so to speak) and went up to her and asked if she were looking for NaNo. Yes! She was so relieved. I confessed I had no idea where they were either so together we went up to speak to the librarian in the RR. On the way, I saw another lost soul and dragged her along. The librarian suggested down on Lower Ground, so off we went, with me collecting yet another person on our way. We did actually find the group, sat down at tables, pulled out our devices and started typing away. I don't know if this is how it is everywhere or whether we were just a taciturn mob, but nobody really spoke for almost 2 hours - which was fine by me. Not until it was almost time to go and then there was a brief exchange along the lines of 'what's your genre' and 'how's it going', and 'what's your Discord username'. I am proud of myself for approaching and collecting three other waifs (they were obvious - carrying device, looking lost, and consulting a phone), and for going there. It was also good for me on a writing front. Being there, I had no reason not to write, there were no other distractions, and I even had a light-bulb moment which pushed me through my current stall and now I think I know where I am going with this story. I still have to work out how I'm getting there though!
:v: NaNoWriMo - so today at the Library I wrote about 1,400 and around another 600 later at home. Total this month so far is just over 12,000 words.

Last edited:

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Thanks, everyone. Perhaps a little achievement but an achievement nevertheless.

Programmes:
:v: Foundation Day 14
:v: Total Abs Day 19

Challenges:
:v: Touch Your Toes Day 19
:v: Glutes of Steel Day 19
:v: Power Punch Day 7

:v: XBX Chart 1, Level A+ And that's the end of Chart 1. Chart 2 begins tomorrow.

:v: Hike. 6.1km, 1hr 15 min, 155m elevation. I followed another alternative path today. Thought I was on a path but it petered out rather quickly and I realised that I had been following a rabbit trail. And there I was, right in the middle of the big nothingness. Lovely. Lovely because I couldn't be lost, not where I was, and because I felt like I was treading untrodden ground. I ploughed on, pausing to assess my best path through almost waist-high weeds. Scared some 'roos, found a massive patch of horehound (must remember where that is!), and eventually came upon a path again. I'd followed this path before but this time instead of turning off, I continued on up. Either I had continued too far or not far enough, because I ended up having to walk next to a road for about 500m before I could hide back in the bush. Very much enjoyed the walk (except for the bit along the road) and hit 6k just before getting home. About half an hour later, an absolute deluge! Lightning and thunder at the same time! Scared the cats.

:v: NaNoWriMo - as a Pantser, I generally don't know where my story is heading or how it's going to get there, but today, after spending a bit of time pretty much pulling teeth this morning, this afternoon suddenly it was all, ooh, that's who he is; aah, that's why; and ah-hum, now I see. :)

Last edited:

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programmes:
:v: Foundation Day 15
:v: Total Abs Day 20

Challenges:
:v: Touch Your Toes Day 20
:v: Glutes of Steel Day 20
:v: Power Punch Day 8

:v: XBX Chart 2 Level D- With this chart, instead of rushing through as I did with the first chart (because it was really easy), I might slow this one down a bit, spend more days on each level, as suggested. Hmm, if I were over 60, I'd have to spend 10 days at each level. Good thing I'm not over 60! I think 4 days should be enough. And if I get bored, I'll vary the push-ups slightly - slow them down, do slow eccentrics, whatever - but not really change this programme. That's not why I'm doing it.

:v: Taekwondo training. I was determined tonight not to hurt that calf again so I was very gentle. Warm-up was a couple of minutes of continuous running. My usual partner had done a 5k fun run on the weekend and was still sore so she was going slowly. Fine by me. :) When we started doing californians, however, I stopped after the first couple of rounds because of the quick turns we had to make. And I wasn't doing any of the jumping exercises. Fortunately, this didn't take much time tonight. It was a kind of refresher night. We had a potential white belt (among all us black belts!) so the coach decided to have a Basics class. Using pool noodles, one person tried to hit the other (as though the noodle were a kicking leg) and the other had to block and move quickly out of the way. Due to the fact that we had to move 'quickly', I didn't do it, but I told my partner I'd happily hit her. When we had to cut kick our partner, I could do that, but only with the one leg. It was boring because I had to do a fair bit of opting out tonight. Then we had to get in horse stance, facing our partner, and try to push each other over without losing our own balance. We had four rounds of this, with different partners. One of my partners complained that my shoulders were too flexible because she pushed and my arms just went backward without the rest of me. :LOL: Finished with some punches. Quite an easy night, and my calf actually doesn't hurt! :worried: If I can keep this up, perhaps it'll actually heal!!

:v: NaNoWriMo. Went quite well today, adding almost 4,500 words. Quite an exciting chapter. We've rescued Hamish but it's too late; he's already told everything he knows... [dramatic music]

Last edited:

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programmes:
:v: Foundation Day 16
:v: Total Abs Day 21

Challenges:
:v: Touch Your Toes Day 21
:v: Glutes of Steel Day 21
:v: Power Punch Day 9

:v: XBX Chart 2 Level D- (Day 2/4)

:v: NaNoWriMo. Another pretty good day. Currently 4,910 words - perhaps I'll knock out another 90 words before bed, just to make a nice 5,000 today. :) I've hit the halfway point, now I wonder if I've got in me that many words again! My main character (me, because it's a first-person narrative) fell off a cliff today, but managed to do a one-armed muscle-up (okay, the other hand was holding on to something overhead, so not totally one-armed!) and I try these things out, thinking, okay, if my hand is here, how do I get it there whilst holding on to this? Or, if that's three steps higher, where does that come to - ah, almost mid-thigh. This writing game is tough! I was exhausted by the time I'd been pulled back to safety (by the henchman of the antagonist from book one, no less!).

Last edited:

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programmes:
:v: Foundation Day 17
:v: Total Abs Day 22

Challenges:
:v: Touch Your Toes Day 22
:v: Glutes of Steel Day 22
:v: Power Punch Day 10

:v: XBX Chart 2 Level D- (Day 3/4)

:v: Taekwondo training. Not in the mood for it tonight. Don't think the coach was either! We did some dynamic stretching and warmups - jumping jacks, calf raises, that sort of thing, interspersed with a couple of laps of running. Then, facing a partner, we had to pick up one leg, bent, straighten it out frontat hip height, circle it out to the side and out the back (which meant we had to lean forward), then tuck it back in and start again - without putting that foot down. Argh! Balance! Co-ordination! My partner looked doubtful and said she reckoned she could do 1. I said we could do 8. We did our 8 each leg! Got pretty wobbly, though! But then we did this drill where the partner dropped a soft pad (one of the children's) and we had to instep kick it so it just went up and then the partner had to catch it. But these things were flying all over the place! The coach got cranky and said it was about control. So my partner and I reckoned if we kicked it softly, it'd just go right up and we'd be able to catch it. But no, the coach said NOBODY was doing it right and we were to do 10 burpees each time we didn't do it properly. My partner and I still have 41 burpees to go! :LOL: Seriously, though, I don't think anyone really got what she was on about tonight. Then we did patterns - 7 to Keumgang. Hadn't done Keumgang in an age. We'll be doing patterns again on Tuesday. Better practice!

:v: NaNoWriMo. To paraphrase Dickens - It was the best of days, it was the worst of days! I worked splendidly on a chapter about which I had little idea when I started. Churned out 3445 words to finish it. Great. And then my device LOST THE CHAPTER!! Spent ages trying but there was no getting it back. So I had to rewrite. I had no notes, all I had was the happy thought that at least I knew what happened in the chapter. So I wrote like mad before going out - almost considered skipping training to continue writing, but then I thought that was just silly - and wrote more when I came home. Chapter is finished again, with 3500 words. :chat: Sometimes I wish I had more than a tablet using a free word processing programme!

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
On a side note, I decided to have a look at this FitnessPal app that some people have mentioned, and I have been logging my food for about a fortnight now. I noticed that a great proportion of my kilojoules came from the biscuits I'd have with my tea, so I really cut down. Problem is, I didn't add calories anywhere else because, well, that's just what I eat! I'm not sure it was such a good thing for me to use this app. I've nearly dropped down to my minimum acceptable weight (it's just below 65kg/ just above 140lb) and that's getting pretty lean. So somehow I'm going to have to add something somewhere that isn't biscuits! :gotcookie: