Healthy alchemist after all those years?

huma

Alchemist from Israel

huma

Alchemist from Israel
A bit late on updating, busy days trying to organize everything before the pregnancy ends :)

Thursday
  • Exercise streak: 24
  • Stamina upgrade challenge: day 16
  • Arms & Abs challenge: day 16
  • No food deliveries: day 5
  • One desert a week: day 5
Friday
  • Exercise streak: 25
  • Stamina upgrade challenge: day 17
  • Arms & Abs challenge: day 17
  • No food deliveries: day 6
  • One desert a week: day 6
Saturday
  • Exercise streak: 26
  • Stamina upgrade challenge: day 18
  • Arms & Abs challenge: day 18
  • No food deliveries: day 7
  • One desert a week: day 0 (didn't make it, I'll restart)

huma

Alchemist from Israel
Well, it's been super busy this week, and I didn't get to update for a week. But I was working out!!

Good time to celebrate a small badge of consecutive days :epicdance:

Many days
  • Exercise streak: 34 :completed:
  • Stamina upgrade challenge: day 19-23
  • Arms & Abs challenge: day 19-23
  • Much walking, moving around and being active
  • No food deliveries: day 5 (restarted)
  • One desert a week: day 1 (restarted)

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."

Anek

Sorceress from Bavaria, Germany
Pronouns: She/her
"If the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember Cedric Diggory."
Congrats!!

huma

Alchemist from Israel
Thank you :heart: @Anek @Fremen @NancyTree @Mianevem

Keeping the exercising sprint at least, fumbling on food...
Tomorrow I have to pick up a paint-man (is it called also a painter?) to paint some of the walls in my house. I could have done this myself, but I have no time or energy and he would probably do it faster (but not better ;-) ). Anyway I need to pick him up at 6AM, apparently some of these people start to work verry early... Good luck to me!

Tuesday
  • Exercise streak: 35
  • Basketball! it was awesome
Wednesday

huma

Alchemist from Israel
Well, long time no see...
I've been extremely busy all-day round with end-of-year work and preparing for the babies that should be here soon. Who knew there is so much equipment to be collected?! :)

Anyway, I went back to my challenges and finally finished them! Yay! So:

I will start Fit December now, hopefully it's a lenient enough program to manage.

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Congrats :worried:

Anek

Sorceress from Bavaria, Germany
Pronouns: She/her
"If the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember Cedric Diggory."
Congrats on the challenges! :star: :star: :star:

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
Happy New Year
:fireworks:

huma

Alchemist from Israel
@lofivelcro so kind of you to care for me! it's really heartwarming! :heart:

I am well, but a bit overwhelmed. We have two (!) new babies in our family and it's been quite a journey, one of love and happiness, and much less of sleep and time for us 👼

I'm still trying to figure out how to make room for self-care and exercise, and if there are any (ex-)young parents in the crowd which could share a tip I would appreciate that.
I'm doing the night shift, so I sleep 3-4 hours a day 😴

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."
Wow @huma congratulations x 2 !!!:celebrate::celebrate:

My advice: sleep when you can. Don't worry about an exercise program right now. If you can take the babies in a stroller for a walk that's great. If not, make do with the minimum for now. You will get through this sleep-deprived phase. It seems unending but this a special time to bond with your new little ones :heart: Do you have any friends or family that could provide some meals for your family during this time? Or have some meals delivered? Also, and I know this one is hard, but try to limit visitors for now. Having people constantly 'drop by' can quickly become exhausting. Guard your time wisely and maybe allow visits only on certain days and times.

Wishing you all the best in this new adventure!!:mhearts:

huma

Alchemist from Israel
Thank you @mavie @Fremen @lofivelcro @Anek :mhearts:

@Lady Celerity thank you, you provide wise advice. I'm trying just to "keep the lights on" on training, like a simple challenge I guess, just to have a schedule in this turbulent times. They already start to show signs of being a bit more sleepy at night 🤞

Family is helping, which is great, but we still feel like we handle the kids/cook/clean the house better than anyone else, and we need to learn to let go.
Visitors is an annoyance, you are truly right about them. I would limit them.

OK, and with that, I hope to start something tomorrow, let's see what happens :)

huma

Alchemist from Israel
@Lady Celerity @NancyTree @lofivelcro @Mianevem @mavie @Montserrat @TheLibrarian @Fremen @Matan @HellYeah
Thank you all for the wishes :heart:
I was so caught up with day-to-day activities that bday just flew by...

I guess as @Lady Celerity wisely advised, I don't really have the time to exercise, even though I want to. That's fine, I do a hell lot of squatting and lower back exercise to get them to sleep, and they are already dumbbell-worthy-heavy 😛

Now that I think of it, there should be a Darebee program for young parents, which uses the "equipment" they already have at home...