How long will I keep it up ?

Tileenah

Warrior from France
D18 of shadebound done today. I couldn't manage enough time for exercises yesterday between the helping of packing stuff and my children's activities. But I did walk around a lot and move boxes loaded with things so I think it counts as exercising. I'm happy that I chose to begin with exercising this morning, this way I won't end up too exhausted to do them tonight.

Tileenah

Warrior from France
D19 at L3 of shadebound today.
I'm starting to think this program is a bit easy for me since I don't double the reps on each side... I have started taking only 30 sec rests between sets to challenge myself a bit more.
Do you have anything more challenging to recomend when I'm done with shadebound ? (with absolutely no equipment and rpg style ? Or at least a challenge ? ) or maybe I should do 2 programs ?
I'm getting ahead of myself here. I have to finish shadebound first 😅
Have a nice day bees !

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
Don't do two programmes at the same time, unless one of them is an Add-On (my general excuse reason! ;) ). You're unlikely to get the full benefit of either, let alone both.
Pandora is a good one.
Exercises always become more challenging if you slow them down. Instead of doing a (for example) squat as 1-count down and 1-count up, try it 2-count down and 1-count up, or add a 1-count hold. There are many ways of making things more difficult! Try doing bridges on your toes rather than on your whole foot.
I like challenges too. Look to see if there is something you'd like to improve - grip strength or push-ups or ? and grab that challenge.

Tileenah

Warrior from France
So today was D20 of shadebound. Gentle yoga, which was good because we spent the day with my husband and our girls helping with the moving and I was not feeling like exercising more. I looked at D21 and since it's punches and kicks, we'll do it before going to the moving (otherwise I know we just won't do anything). My week has been super-intense with all the packing added to my usual routine with the girls and I'm glad it's over soon... Tomorrow, if I show up, will be 3 weeks of exercising every day. I'm very proud. I celebrated by making a donation to darebee because this website is really worth keeping alive !

Tileenah

Warrior from France
I forgot to post yesterday! I did D22 of shadebound and my husband corrected my side-to-side kicks... It was a lot more tiring after that (He told me to really up the knee first then push as if I wanted to break a door or someting, while my standing leg turned a bit so my hip didn't hurt).
I'm definitely going to ask him to correct more my moves because if it's too easy, it probably is because I do it wrong 😂

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Just venting here, feel free to skip this message completely.
So... I told you a a few days ago that my eating disorder was back. I've been trying to keep it in check but last week's moving triggered me a lot... There was not much time so I went back to eating (not homemade) cookies and saw everyone eating stuff I've been denying myself for years for ethical reasons (but that I actually like). So I thought "Hey, why shouldn't I allow myself one small lapse this week as I am in exceptional circumstances" and ate a bit of those. And during the moving it was okay because the days were so full of stuff to do and no time to think that I thought it would be all right.
Now the week is over, I have time to rest and think, and I'm just obsessing over that food that I don't want to buy but that I like anyway. So I eat loads of "allowed" stuff, knowing that it won't stop my cravings because it's not what I want. And I reached the weight where I spiral again (I'm actually not overweight or anything, my disease is in my head... I mean no disrespect to anyone who deals with health and aesthetics problem with their weight)
So now I'm really afraid and I obsess about eating/not eating even more... I need to find a way to nurture me that is not through food... And to stop eating when I'm tired or emotional, it's not helping...

Anek

Sorceress from Bavaria, Germany
Pronouns: She/her
"If the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember Cedric Diggory."
:hug:
I hope you find a way out of the spiral!
I'm not in your situation but when I get cravings and can't stop thinking about stuff to eat I find that walking outside in nature helps me, because it distracts me from the thoughts.
Good luck!

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Thank you @CODawn @JCU @TopNotch @Fremen @Anek you're all really kind! Your words helped me through the day 💙

Did D24 of shadebound today, but only L2 because I have trouble managing all those kicks without hurting my hips... So I did everything more slowly, concentrating on the form and how I pushed. My husband said the form was better at the end so that paid off 😊
I think I need to get back to running but my program in March is just so full I don't know how I'd manage... But maybe it would be just the thing to help my disorder : running leaves my brain empty of all the hate I have toward myself, and it's a time of rest for my nerves. It's been really good to me the previous times I struggled.
I also went to the grocery-store today and bought stuff I like that enter my criterias, so that I remind myself that changing the way I eat doesn't mean I can't enjoy what's in my plate.
I'll talk to my husband about the runs and we'll try to push the walls around in our plans so that I can get at least 20 minutes a day for that. It's not 30 but at least it'd be something. That probably means getting to bed earlier and actually getting up early in the morning (which is ugh...) but if that means a day without my disease every minute in my head, then it's worth it...
I'll keep you posted 😊

Tileenah

Warrior from France
D26 of shadebound done at L3. Those holding squats were killing me in the end! And I peaked at tomorrow's sets and there are holding squats again :surrender: Why???? :cry: I guess it's my fault for being curious... 😂
Also did 150 pushups in total with the max pushups (30-20-20-20-20-20-20). I think last year I was only capable of doing 10 in a row so I was pretty happy with myself 😊

Also no binge-eating yesterday and no weird cravings all day long so that's been a relief. Obsessing non stop over food is the worst...

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Soooo I ran for the first time in 13 months today (I had back problems that kept me from any impact exercises for a year...). So far, my knees and my back are okay.
I ran 5km with 3 stops of walk because I had to escape 6 zombies in half an hour!!!! What the heck ZR? I had programmed 4 zombies in an hour to keep it cool today! And of course it's hilly around my place so I had to escape the 3 first while running uphill! Hence the walking afterwards... I just couldn't continue running right away.
No surprises speed-wise, I'm not as fast as I used to be, but I don't care, I got to run without pain and that sets my mood real high :hooray:
Plus I escaped all of those damn zombies! Ha! Off to some stretching now :ballz:

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Thank you @Montserrat @lpf @Anek @TopNotch @CODawn @PETERMORRIS966 ! :jacks:
No running for over a year and you still managed 5km! Kudos!!
This year has been a real bummer for me in that sense. I used to run for around 5 to 10km (depending on the time I had) at least 3 times a week since I've been 16. It helped me through a lot of hard times, and helped me regulate my mood and food disorder... The only times before my backs problems when I stopped running were during my last 3 months of pregnancy and the 3 months after giving birth because I was in no state to... But for the last 3 months of each pregnancy I walked 5 to 10 km a day 😅
I never raced or competed or had a training plan before 3 years ago with ZR though...

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Day 27 of shadebound done at L3! I could not go as low on the squats hold as yesterday but I managed to do them anyway. Happy !
I also ran another 5km at a slow pace and without zombie-chases : my knees hurt so I had to be extra-careful on my running technique (spoiler : escaping 6 zombies on my first run in a long time yesterday was not a good idea...)
Have a good night/day bees !

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Day 28 of shadebound done at L3 😊
I also ran for 5km but my phone died at 2.5km so I don't have my stats and I can't include the run in my training plan on my phone. My right knee hurt a bit more than yesterday so I'm starting to be concerned. I'll probably schedule an appointment with a physio to check.
I also started unbound because I think I really need to stretch more... D1 done.
E : note to self, will start the back and arms challenge + 30 days of HIIT after completing shadebound. Pandora on the wishlist but maybe after the moving is over.
See you bees tomorrow !

Last edited:

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Thanks @JCU !
Today I ran 5 km at slow pace. My legs felt like they'd been filled with lead or something... My hamstrings were sore and I had a mild headache so I didn't expect much out of that run.
On the bright side : no knee or back pain during the whole run! 🎉 and also : I did it! Yay me!
D29 of shadebound (no level) done and D2 of unbound also done 😊

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Thank you @JCU @Haleth @Anek @Mianevem @roman @Montserrat @HellYeah @Whirly ! :thanks:

New program and chalenge today :
D1 of back and arms
D1 of 30 days of HIIT (one word to describe this : aaaaaargh what have I got myself into ??? 29 days of suffering to go...)

Also D4 of unboud which was good for my back.

Rest days from running today and tomorrow. Also this afternoon I play the piano in a library for my teacher's project on female composers. It's been 16 years I didn't play in front of people and I am very scared :shiver:
Wish me luck !