Hungry for more

Ravenous

Valkyrie Posts: 8
Post-migration thread restart.

I've continued with my push-ups and seeing visible improvements in definition which is just fantastic.

The big news is that I ran my first ever half-marathon. Ran about 95% of it, maybe walked about 1/2 a mile due to hip cramps but finished strong and snagged my finisher medal. I will be continuing with my training as I have another half at the end of November and I know I can get a new PR!

koriandr

Heroine from Europe
Pronouns: she/her
"Headbanging to classical music"
Wow a half-marathon?? That's so cool!
I can hardly go over 10k:D
Also welcome back to the Hive!

Anek

Sorceress from Bavaria, Germany
Pronouns: She/her
"If the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember Cedric Diggory."
Hi! Congrats on the half! :worried:

Ravenous

Whee, it's been awhile. I never did the second half marathon in November as the weather on that day was not ideal (below freezing temps, sleet and snow). My training fell off pretty hard as I've been dealing with a lung issue that won't quit, I'm worried I have walking pneumonia again but I'm starting to feel better besides lingering cough.

I'm trying to focus more on strength training now as that's been easier on the lungs but I'm going to get back into running again before it gets super hot. I'd like to run that same half marathon again as it's a great course but there's one I've been eyeing that's right around then, if not on the same day.

Ravenous

Went for a benchmark run yesterday and besides the coughing aftwards, felt pretty great. Got in some strength training as well. Depending on time I think I will try to do shadebound each day and the PPL on off running days.

Shadebound- day 1 complete
Push/Pull/Legs- day 1 complete

Ravenous

Did a nice 5k on Sunday that went well enough. Ran it with a friend and ran at her pace which is slightly slower than mine but we got to talk and catch up which wa quite nice.

Still doing lifting on off days and I'd like to continue to get 10k steps minimum a day. Managed to do 100 non-consequtive push-ups yesterday and I do feel it today.

I've been thinking about getting an under-desk peddler or something. Anyone know of any decent ones?